Something in 0080...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Charismatic Enigma

Something in 0080...

Something in 0080 has caught my attention recently when I was watching it. When Al brags about something involving his dad, he mentions Side 7 and "black mobile suit". Is there any remote chance that he was referring to the RX-78-1?
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
Phantomexe87

Well, I recall seeing somewhere that the first picture of the V Project the Zeon got was the RX-78-1 in training. Though my memory of that is vague at best. But it's not impossible, it sure as heck isn't the RX-78-2 which is known to all as the "White ____". And I can't think of any other suit which would be famous and black.
Toxicity

I very seriously doubt it. None of the RX-78-1s stayed in their original form. They were all upgraded into other RX-78 series gundams. It's only a matter of time before someone pulls out that chart explaining all that.
Wingnut

While Al was indeed BSing about having seen a black mobile suit, it does sound like the 78-1 he is describing.
However, I don't think there were and 78-1 units at Side 7 to begin with. IIRC the 78-1 prototype never left Jaburo. And any that did were converted to 78-2 units before they left.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Charismatic Enigma

I see...

Well this could be locked if any mod so chooses.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
neolordmaxwell

I alawyas wondered if he was describing guntank, which is indeed a dak mobile suit. While we see it as being primarily blue it's a darker blue than gundams, and the Black Gundam Mk II was also mostly blue.

Just a thought aside.
razgriz

maybe some type of prototype or one off model gm, by now we know in 0080 that there were all different types out there.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Melchior

But you're forgetting that Al was lieing trough his teeth. He didn't see any mobile suit, he made it all up.
razgriz

i cant blame Al, i wish i could see a mobile suit too.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Volnixshin

If the Origin was considered Canon, then there was one 78-1 on Side 7, that dissapeared into space after an explosion it caused(we never find out what happened do we?)
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
mcred23

Volnixshin wrote:If the Origin was considered Canon
Which it isn't...
Volnixshin wrote:then there was one 78-1 on Side 7, that dissapeared into space after an explosion it caused(we never find out what happened do we?)
It was probably destroyed, or it's fate may have been outlined in some source. Either way, it doesn't matter because Al was lying about seeing a mobile suit (Until he saw that first, ill-fated RGM-79G in Side 6).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Akuma_Blade

I was focused : GP03S's "manipulated arms" prototype at the Gundam 0080 Episode 4's lab scene!
Zeonic Glory

Akuma_Blade wrote:I was focused : GP03S's "manipulated arms" prototype at the Gundam 0080 Episode 4's lab scene!
Umm, how does that relate to this thread?

And about Origin, that Gundam was colored yellow. Its even on MAHQ...
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
DeltasTaii

I'll just note that just because they were upgraded to 78-2 somewhere along the line, doesn't mean all the Gundams at Side 7 were all always in the white/blue/red/gold parade colours. I'm pretty sure repainting something from black to blue has little technical effect :lol:
Deacon Blues

mcred23 wrote:
Volnixshin wrote:If the Origin was considered Canon
Which it isn't...
Nothing that says it isn't =) Main story arcs don't have to be official, but the backstory certainly can be...