Round 1, Fight 9: Neo Trinidad and Tobago vs. Neo China

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Round 1, Fight 9: Neo Trinidad and Tobago vs. Neo China

THIRD GUNDAM FIGHT
ROUND 1, FIGHT 9
NEO TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO vs. NEO CHINA

- Mauna Kea, Hawaii -

December 4th, FC 16

High noon on Hawaii's Mauna Kea volcano, and the spectators for a Gundam Fight match were out in force to see their champions duke it out.

Spectators were housed by a variety of means, such as airships, or in stands at the edge of the fighting area, or helicopters, and a few out in boats trying to glimpse a small bit of the action through telescopes, though it would be difficult at this distance.

Those supporting Neo China were especially numerous. Not only did Neo China already have an enormous population advantage over Neo Trinidad, but comparative proximity to terrestrial Neo China meant more Chinese besides those from the colony could afford to come. The Trinidadians, though already high in morale from their nation's tenth-place finish in the previous Gundam Fight, had a harder time gathering a crowd nearly as huge as the one supporting Neo China, and most were from Neo Trinidad's space colony. Nevertheless, they were giving their representative what support they could give.

"Ladies and gentlemen," chirped the announcer as the clock struck 12:00, "Welcome to the 9th match of the 3rd Gundam Fight finals! I hope you're ready for a hell of a match, because these representatives will have one in store for you!"

Even through the cheers, he went on: "This match will be between Neo Trinidad and Tobago's Amir Ali Khan in the Calypso Gundam and Neo China's Chase Lee in the Slayer Gundam, right there at the summit of Mauna Kea!"

Through the sustained applause, he concluded, "Let the contenders signal their readiness to the referee!"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
artmaster079

Amir stood motionless. He had his eyes closed and kept his arms folded (like he usually does). Around him, the crewmembers in the launch bay of the San Fernando hastily reviewed the Calypso Gundam's compnents in one final check.

Elizabeth peeped into the cockpit and remained quiet for a moment until she finally said "The ref's calling for the fighters now, are you ready?"

"........... Yeah, i'm good. Is the final check done?" asked Amir opening his eyes.

"We are now, the crew's clearing for you to launch. And..." she said slowly. Amir looked at her curiously.

Elizabeth climbed into the cockpit and walked up to him. "Well... for the past 11 months we've argued, yelled, angered, and .. well that one time we actually fought....." she trailed off.

"Don't remind me" Amir quietly responded, as he rubbed the side of his head, as if remembering an old wound. Then Elizabeth took his hand in hers, and a (somewhat) suprised expression came over his face.

"I just wanted you too know that I've always supported you, even through all those times, and with all of your habits, like that wierd fighting style and that sarcastic behavior," she said with a tear in her eye.

Now Amir's heart was racing. W-where'd this come from??? he thought, his mind racing. Does she want me to kiss her or hug her?

As if she were reading his mind she jumped into his arms. And as their lips touched, she pulled back and said "Good, now that i've got your attention, the point I was trying to make earlier was that you need to look alive out there, yeah, just like that, okay? Good luck!" and with that she jumped out of the cockpit and walked away.

Amir stood there dumbfounded, watching the hatch close. He then caught himself and proceeded to launch the suit.

He flew past spectators that had lined up around the volcano, anxiously waiting for the match to start. Many yelled in awe at the sight of the Mobile Fighter wooshing past them. Landing at the perimeter, he walked into the arena and did a short jump to his spot. He landed and immediately folded his arms and spread his legs apart (like his typical stance).

Heh, this is gonna be interesting... he said to himself, unable to hide a smile on his face. He could almost feel the heat of the sun shining on him as the wind whipped the Callypso's cape to the left. He turned his head and nodded at the referee.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

--Neo China's Hanger--

"ZZZZZZZZ..." Chase was still napping. Much to the mechanics' dismay, this was one of his long, heavy naps... It often took forever to wake him from those naps. Garrick was equally dismayed, but tried as hard as he could to wake up Neo China's rep.

"CHASE! GET UP DAMMIT!" Garrick yells out, trying to drag the man from the chair. Chase's limp body fell and sprawled out on the floor. Garrick sighed.

"Someone kick him in the nuts... that should wake him up..." he says, and moments later a mechanic came charging in.

*CRACK*

"YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!"

Chase went flying into the air, grabbing his crotch. He lands on a seated position, his eyes tearing up.

"Mother f***er..." Chase says, panting, "What the hell was that for?!?"

"You got a fight like, right now." Garrick says with a matter-of-fact tone, "You better get your a** out there or the government will have their way with you..."

Chase grumbled as he got suited up in his Mobile Trace suit. He then got ready and climbed into the Slayer Gundam as the group ran final checks on it.

"Well... this is it... the finals." he mutters, still feeling the aftereffects of the shot below the belt. "Alright, Slayer... lets go..."

With that, the Slayer Gundam activated and launched from their ship. Skipping over all of the showy stuff, Chase landed his Gundam at the volcano and signals that he was ready.

"Gonna have to make this as quick as possible..." Chase says, taking a good look at Neo Trinidad's Gundam. He gets into his battle ready stance. "Game on! GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY...?"
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wingnut

((OOC:
EZero8 wrote:"Someone kick him in the nuts... that should wake him up..." he says, and moments later a mechanic came charging in.

*CRACK*

"YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: Talk about a rude awakening.))

IC:
To say that the location for this match was a hot spot was a gross understatement. The Neo Japan official wondered about the sanity of fighting over an active volcano even if said volcano was not known for putting the entire island in danger whenever it erupted. Still, a job was a job and he had one to do right now. With both fighters signaling their readiness he shouted "GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY... GO!"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
EZero8

OOC: Hey, this is supposed to be lighthearted right? I did that for comedic effect. :P

Chase heard the one word that signaled the start: "GO". He immediately bolted around. He needed to keep his fight a quick one and use Slayer's superior speed to his advantage.

"Hit and run tactics..." he quickly thought. Pulling out his Beam Nagamaki, he quickly goes in for a slash...
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
artmaster079

The referee shouted: "GUNDAM FIGHT... RRRREADY... GO!"

With that, Amir - remained in his place. He didn't even budge. He sees the Slayer Gundam quickly whip out some kind of weapon and rush at him at the same time.

So he wants to end this already? Hmm... . There was a considerable amount of distance between them so Amir simply decided to wait for him. After all, I want to test his melee skills, all the reports say he's top notch.... "

Chase continued to charge in. He wasnt really thinking much besides his plan and what to avoid. All he needed was an opening.

But then he noticed that the opposing unit wasnt moving at all. Which puzzles him... what was the Neo Trinidad fighter thinking? It had been well documented that the Slayer Gundam is deadly at close combat.

"Doesnt matter..." Chase thought, "This is the finals, not a time to mess around."

The Slayer Gundam quickly closed in on the Calypso Gundam. And when he got close enough, he went for a slash at the unit.

"C'mon! Did I catch you sleeping?!?" Chase says. (OOC: Oh the irony... :P )
artmaster079

(OOC: Irony indeed :D )

When the Slayer Gundam closed in enough to begin its attack, Amir waited for its swing.

There! he thought to himself and punched his foward thrusters in full reverse. The result of which pushed him into the air into a high jump.

He's even faster than I thought! Sweet.... but he's not stupid, any slow landing on my part means an advantage for him....

Arms still crossed, he keeps the shield between himself and his opponent as he reaches the height of the jump, as he does he double checks the Slayer's movements His move...

"Hmm..." he finally says out loud, but no one can hear him at that height...

Chase stopped his attack mid slash and pulled up as the Calypso Gundam made a jump. He grits his teeth as he calculates the area where the unit will land to.

"There..." Chase thought with a smile, and he made a quick jump towards the Neo Trinidadian Gundam. "I'm gonna get you eventually... It's not a matter of if, but when..."

He closed gap slightly and feinted a charge before darting away at the Calypso's landing spot. Now that he's laid out the trap... things will get interesting.
artmaster079

"Dammit......... " he said to no one in particular, "Eh, I suppose i'll let him have his fun.... in a minute"

Amir flailed the defensive cloak until all four pieces fluffled into an arch -like shape. As he did this, he used his maneuvering leg thrusters to sweep his legs backwards. It wasn't perfect, not by a longshot, in fact, all it did was slow his descent down. But this makeshift gliding thing apparently had a purpose.

No way i'm gonna let him skewer me or whatever, but that calculating little mind of his already figured out where I was going to land? I'm not even sure where I was going to land! I need a countermeasure... he thought rather quickly.

"HAH!" Amir suddenly thought out loud (with a smile), "he's gonna love this..."

"You cheesy little..." Chase says as he popped up from the "landing spot." He fired off his thrusters and made a huge jump into the air towards the Calypso Gundam. He then quickly closes the distance with his unit's speed.

"Slowing your descent only makes yourself an easy target!" he yells out as he closed in and slashed with the Nagamaki. He really wanted to end this quick, and if the other fighter continued to make such mistakes Chase had a huge chance at doing so.
artmaster079

Seeing the Slayer boost into the air was not the first thing he thought would happen.

I don't suppose I finally pissed him off? thought Amir with a smile.

He powers his engines and goes headfirst, placing the offensive shield in front of him. As he does this, he moves his right hand to the left hilt of the heat cutlass. Here he comes...

The Slayer was going for another swing, so Amir decided to block it with his offensive shield. They were getting close to each other, awfully fast too. At that moment the Calypso Gundam's shield opened up and 2 homing missiles launched at the opponent's mobile fighter.

Time for a little more of a direct approach... since he's being so eager .

Chase saw the missiles coming, and opened fire on them using his 35mm machinecannons as the missiles detonated in front of him to create a large cloud of dust.

"Hmmmm..." he thought, then decided to do something besides the cliche'd "fly through the cloud and slash." He was going to attack from another angle.

Moments later, he appeared above the cloud and came down towards the Calypso Gundam, swinging down with his Nagamaki.
artmaster079

Still moving downwards at a high rate of speed, Amir cleared the dust of smoke only to see that the Slayer Gundam was not there.

"That sneaky bastard" said Amir "where did he?..."

If he's not in my line of vision then....

Without warning, Amir cut power to his main thrusters and made an emergency stop in the air. He looked up, seeing the Slayer now in front of him, swinging its weapon where he should have been. With that, Amir took aim with his left arm...

The Slayer missed its attack, and Chase wasted no time in getting out of there. His plan was to hit-and-run, and that's exactly what he was sticking to.

As his slash missed, he made a quick stab before kicking off the Calypso Gundam and making another high jump into the air. Once he had enough momentum, he was going to attack again. He fired his vulcans and machinecannons at the opposing unit as he increased the distance between, using it as a "bee-sting" method to annoy the other mobile fighter.

"This is actually becoming quite interesting..." he says as he eyes the Calypso Gundam, trying to figure out what the other pilot is doing. He then remembers that they were on a mountain, and a plan forms in his mind almost immediately.
artmaster079

The Calypso Gundam draws its defensive cloak over its main body, making the projectile weapons of the Slayer harmlessly hit the Calypso. Amir realizes that he can't hit the Slayer Gundam if its moving away that fast.

The volcano was getting rather close to them as Amir watched the Slayer maneuver towards it "Wow.. we've drifted this close to the mountain, eh?"

The communication window beeped and Amir voice-activated it.
>>"Amir! What the hell are you doing!?" yelled Elizabeth.

"Eh?"

>>"Defeat him already!! You know you can end it right now if you used the Super Mod--" said Corin forcing his way onto the screen.

"I've never had to use the Super Mode in the tournament before, even after all the training I went under to use it. This is the first opponent i've had a problem with, so I'm gonna fight it my way" and with that he turned it off.

The Calypso maintained its position in the air, watching the opponent carefully... Is he trying to bait me into following him?

Chase began scaling the mountain at high speeds, but the pressure issue wasnt a problem. If he could catch the man off guard at such steep intervals at the side of the mountain, he could easily end the fight. Use the battlefield to his advantage...

The only flaw to his plan would be if the volcano suddenly erupted. If it did, Slayer might be able to outrun the lava, but it would make his plan a failure.

"Hopefully this darned thing is a dormant volcano..."
artmaster079

"Eh, might as well" said Amir as he rushed down to the mountainside.

He has some kind of plan, that's for sure... thought Amir. He concluded the only way to beat him was to use the mountain to his advantage. Either that or intentionally mess up the Slayer Gundam's plan.

"What was his name again?" wondered Amir out loud as he landed on the mountainside and began to follow the Slayer. It was clear that the Slayer was setting up a trap, yet Amir seemed indifferent to it.

The Calypso busted up the mountainside, even though the Slayer Gundam has a great lead on him. Wow, this dude is fast, Amir thought, then smiled to himself, but i'm faster. Either way, this battle's probably gonna end up here. Of course, this is far from over....

"He's following me... good." Chase says to himself as he continued to scale the mountain. He still needed to make sure that his plan was fool proof. He doesnt want to do anything rash that would cost him the fight.

The Slayer Gundam then stopped for a moment and turned towards the Neo Trinidadian Gundam. Chase aimed and fired a burst from his hand mounted beam gun at the Calypso, hoping that it'd throw the man off-guard. He'll study the reaction before making anymore decisions on this plan.
artmaster079

The Slayer Gundam suddenly stopped and fired his beam gun at the Calypso Gundam. Amir looks at the blast coming head on and simply bounces the blast off the offensive shield.

Amir doesn't even slow down and continues his ascent to the Slayer Gundam, except now he moves his right hand to his left hip-mounted heat cutlass.

"Odd, maybe he's still deciding on a plan... in that case," Amir begins to come to a complete stop, "maybe I can still get him."