Gun-Plus?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
kfrooster

Gun-Plus?

I know MAHQ has a few Gun-Plus goers so this is sort of a shout out to them.

My question is, is if the site is down or has Vile finally decided to shut the place down especially with the low activity. It's been down for quite some time now.
Nimrod

Re: Gun-Plus?

kfrooster wrote:I know MAHQ has a few Gun-Plus goers so this is sort of a shout out to them.

My question is, is if the site is down or has Vile finally decided to shut the place down especially with the low activity. It's been down for quite some time now.
Nope, it's not shut down. The server it's on goes through a bit of a hiccup every 2 months or so and right now it's at that point.

Hopefully it'll be back up in the next day or two.

Edit - talked to Vile. It's an issue on the server side. As expected, he's pretty annoyed by it but he hopes things will be fixed in the next few days.

Edit - 632pm - It's now pretty much official unless something happens with the server people but Vile has said that it looks like Gundam Plus aka Gun-Plus is now gone. It's a sad day for another gundam site, after being up and aorund for 7 years, is now gone. :cry:
Nimrod

and now, nearly a month later the forums are back up.

I guess Vile worked something out with the hosting company
EZero8

Awesome... looks like the site works just fine now (almost like nothing had happened). 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
kfrooster

(Gasp), what a startling but welcome discovery. Hooray.
solid snake

Sweet. Glad to see it back up.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Paul McCartney Jr

I was wondering why I couldnt get on

Please, no cursing >:O
PG-13, or lower ~LG
Hyakushiki

Unfortunately the site is down again, and i just signed up for their board.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
kfrooster

Eugh, looks like more server problems. Speaking of Gun-Plus, what is vile up to these days? It's been ages since he has updated the main site for the place.
Rei Murasame

He must be busy or something. But the best way to find out what's happening would be to vist #gplus and ask the people who idle there. They're right next door to us at #mahq, so it's just one command away.

(Server: irc.zirc.org)
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
Nimrod

When I last chatted to him he told me that he was very busy with school and the what not and also he got burned out/bored with the Gundam scene.

He also mentioned that the site going back up recently wasn't planned on his part(as he thought it was gone for good) and that he thought it was just a test by the hosting company before they wiped everything away.

Nimrod kicks himself for not backing up the forum stuff while he had the chance :oops:
kfrooster

Gah, we had such a great image archive on the actual site. I guess it's RIP for G-Plus for real.
EZero8

*sigh* I guess another great Gundam forum has bit the dust. :(
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Nimrod

Just a heads up to check out the info I just posted here as former GunPlus members should be very interested.