Cosmic Era Master Timeline:Exploits of the Unsung Heroes

Your own tale of two mecha.
Ravager

Hey, this interests me. Is this actual stuff or something you just added? Since I can't remember that Yzak was ever fully acquitted (or accused either, for that matter). SInce this is something I mention in my fic, I got interested.
This is canon. I forgot which episode, but in early GSD when Yzak reminisced on old times with Athrun (i think they also visited the graves of Nicol, Miguel and Lenore Zala in that episode), Yzak said that he went through a trial for war crimes (specifically, the part where he shot down the civilian shuttle at the Battle of Orbit) . However, Durandal stepped in and gave an eloquent speech where he and Dearka were just teenagers pressed into war, so Yzak got pardoned. The part where he's temporarily a member of the Supreme Council is also mentioned somewhere but it's been a long time since i remembered the source, so...well, he was just temporary anyways, so i imagine his mother will serve at that post once she gets through her own trials.
There is also a whole lot of brainwashing going on. Razz But you did say you wanted to bring back some characters back, so I'll leave comments on that for later. Otherwise very good background and setup here. That CE pushes out new tech like mad is not a problem for you here, since that is more or less (unfortunately) accepted in canon as well.
I hated the brief two-year interregnum between Seed and GSD. Period. So i just had to push everything inside these two years like crazy and still keep everything covered. At least there's an abundance of factories and factions to make it seem plausible. I'll be reviewing the technologies and other stuff later.

EDIT: You should recheck my first post. I have restructured that AD timeline so that the timespan is much longer. It now takes place in a nearly 50-years span.
Last edited by Ravager on Sun May 06, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravager

Technical Readout Colonial Expeditions

Verne-Class Colony Ship
Hull Type:Spheroid Spaceship
Tech Level:Pre-Cosmic Era
Manufacturer:United Nations
Mass:4000 Tons
Length:400 meters across circumference
Power plant:3xNuclear Fusion Reactor(8.5 MW output each)
Engine:1xMain thruster
Attitude Thrusters:6
Thrust:1.5G max
Crew:50 officers
500 crew
29450 colonists
Date Launched:2024
Ships of The Line:ES Verne

Overview:
The ES Verne,the first-ever spaceship built to carry colonists to space and allow mankind to colonize the stars.The vessel itself was named after Jules Verne,who authored the book "From The Earth To The Moon".The product of the United Nation's space colonisation program in its early stages,the ES Verne would carry 30000 people to the Moon and make history for being the core of the first settlement of humankind outside Earth,predating the later space colonies.The construction of the Verne took seven painstaking years of trial-and-error at the American Midwest.Because it is the UN's first try at building such a spaceship,the ES Verne is completely unarmored,its hull built to only withstand the Earth's gravity and atmosphere.The three nuclear reactors would only generate enough power for the main thruster to reach a maximum speed of 1.5G while living conditions for the colonists on board could be described as sub-par.It would take two years for the Verne to complete its journey after being launched from the Kennedy Space Center.The cargohold of the Verne was filled with numerous pre-fab buildings,shelters and disassembled components of other structures.There were also plant saplings for the colonists to grow their own crops within the planned dome city and mining equipment to allow the new colony to mine the Moon's relatively rich underground resources while the ES Verne itself was intended to be the settlement center.Finally,the two-year period of journey itself is because of the weak engines used by the vessel and all the things it had to carry.The error-prone and slow on-board navigation computer automatically set the journey to two years in order to conserve fuel.

This is the ES Verne.Hope you're satisfied with the overview.I'll post it's picture later,seeing as Photobucket is down right now...

EDIT:Verne-Class Colony Ship
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284/ArkGem/mule.jpg

Next up:The Daedalus-Class Colony Ship
Last edited by Ravager on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ravager

Daedalus-Class Colony Ship
Manufacturer:United Nations/Global Space Agency
Mass:6500 Tons
Length:450 meters across circumference
Power plant:3xNuclear Fusion Reactor(10MW output each)
Engine:1xMain Thruster
Thrust:1.5G max
Crew:70 officers
600 crew
39330 colonists
Date Launched:2031
Ships of The Line:ES Daedalus,ES Arzachel,ES Endymion

Overview:
When the Global Space Agency was formed to oversee the space colonisation program,it inherited many of the UN's know-how on the program,including the schematics of the Verne-Class.Because tensions at that time ran high among the nations of Earth,the GSA saw the colonisation program as a way to defuse the tensions.As a result,they did not design a new class of colony ships but instead turned towards the Verne-Class and revised the design,knowing that it would cut down significantly on costs and construction times,the revised model named after the ancient myth,the Daedalus-Class.Improvements included a larger hull and larger capacity.The engines and thrusters layout remained unchanged,save their output was increased to compensate for the heavier mass,so the shape of the vessel was somewhat similar to the Mule.The thrust was still 1.5G and journey time to the Moon was still 2 years.However,one benefit of reusing the Verne schematics was that the GSA was able to build a whopping three ships of this class and load 120000 people for the trip.It still carried slightly more mining,farming and construction equipment,but overall,the Daedalus-Class could be said to be little more than a rushed facelift of the Verne-Class.The GSA was able to kick-start the colonisation program with the Daedalus-Class,though,since many nations were still sceptical with the whole program after the launch of the Verne.

Daedalus-Class Colony Ship:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284 ... seeker.jpg

Next:The Olympus-Class Colony Ships
Antares

Hey, tech specs, excellent! The number of colonists is maybe just a bit too high for the first ship, whereas for the second you can well argue that life support systems had been evolved through experience of the first launch to better accomodate for a larger number of colonists.
Hey, this interests me. Is this actual stuff or something you just added? Since I can't remember that Yzak was ever fully acquitted (or accused either, for that matter). SInce this is something I mention in my fic, I got interested.
This is canon.I forgot which episode,but in early GSD when Yzak reminisced on old times with Athrun(i think they also visited the graves of Nicol,Miguel and Lenore Zala in that episode),Yzak said that he went through a trial for war crimes(specifically,the part where he shot down the civilian shuttle at the Battle of Orbit).However,Durandal stepped in and gave an eloquent speech where he and Dearka were just teenagers pressed into war,so Yzak got pardoned.
Ah, now that you mention it, I think I remember something vaguely in that direction, but I don't think it was explained ever in that much detail (in the anime, at least). Well, it doesn't matter for the purposes of my fic, since it can be argued that Yzak was probably trialed at PLANT, so the EDF could well argue for a re-trial. It would also make sense why Yzak would want to risk defecting to the Hammer since he was already acquitted once. But anyways, I don't want to hijack your fanfic thread with my on. :wink:

I browsed through the first post and now it indeed seems better. Well done. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Ravager

Olympus-Class Colony Ship
Mass:9000 Tons
Length:525 meters across circumference
Power Plant:4xNuclear Fusion Reactor(12.5 MW output each)
Engine:2xMain Thruster
Attitude Thrusters:9
Thrust:1.8G Max
Crew:200 officers
1500 crew
58300 colonists
Date Launched:2037
Ships of The Line:ES Olympus,ES Australialis

Overview:
Having deemed the Moon sufficiently colonised,the GSA decided it was time for mankind to take another step forward in his effort to colonise the stars.Mars had always been the closest planet that could possibly be inhabited,and so the GSA staff took 4 years to analyze the qualities of a spaceship bound for Mars.When the 2nd Colonial Expedition's Daedalus-Class ships were being made,vast sums of resources were redirected to the Olympus-Class project because the effort needed to colonize Mars was deemed more than the Moon colonies.As such,though they skimped on the Daedalus-Class,the Olympus-Class represented a new direction in large-scale spaceship-building.The hull of the spaceship was now armored with ceramite-aluminium alloy,the better to survive the journey from Earth to Mars as the new material was more durable,heat-resistant and made a sturdy hull.The spheroid designs of the two earlier spaceship classes was found to be excellent for such expeditions,so the designers retained the basic shape but made the hull a perfect spheroid and significantly larger,thus allowing them to pack four uprated reactors,two main thrusters and a few more attitude thrusters.Since terraforming equipment were still in the prototypical stages,the Olympus-Class did not carry any,instead forcing the colonists to build their settlements either within hollows or underground.The amount of mining,farming and manufacturing equipment carried on-board was roughly the same as the previous vessels,as the extra space was taken up by more colonists.As this expedition was bound for Mars,the designers named the spaceship the Olympus-Class,after the highest peak of Mars,ironically the location of one of the two settlements formed from the expedition.The GSA originally planned for the trip to last only three years,but the improved navigation computer still calculated the journey to four years,and with cryogenic apparatus still only nearing testing stage,the colonists of this expedition would eventually come to resent Earthnoids and latter colonists.

Olympus-Class Colony Ship:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284 ... utpost.jpg

Next:The final part of TRO Colonial Expedition:The Utopia-Class Colony Ship
Ravager

Hey, tech specs, excellent! The number of colonists is maybe just a bit too high for the first ship, whereas for the second you can well argue that life support systems had been evolved through experience of the first launch to better accomodate for a larger number of colonists.
Lol,the UN made the Mars expedition higher priority than the Moon,so they just loaded an extra 10k people into the Daedalus-Class.Also,they made 3 ships of that class,so it didn't matter much when it came to how much extra people.
Ah, now that you mention it, I think I remember something vaguely in that direction, but I don't think it was explained ever in that much detail (in the anime, at least). Well, it doesn't matter for the purposes of my fic, since it can be argued that Yzak was probably trialed at PLANT, so the EDF could well argue for a re-trial. It would also make sense why Yzak would want to risk defecting to the Hammer since he was already acquitted once. But anyways, I don't want to hijack your fanfic thread with my on. Wink
Yzak was trialed at the PLANTs.WHAT?Yzak went to the Hammers?OMG...i haven't read till that part yet!Now that's Yzak's mother of all twists.How come you wrote him into joining Hammer?I thought he was never that extremist...

Actually,i've considered the possibility of merging your future into my own timeline post-GSD,but rejected that idea because i thought you would take offense,it'd be a bitch to merge them so that it could seem logical and i have my own plans anyways...lol.What do you think about this idea?Possible?
Ravager

Utopia-Class Colony Ship
Tech Level:Proto-Cosmic Era
Mass:11200 Tons
Length:600 meters across circumference
Power plant:4xNuclear Fusion Reactor(18MW output each)
Engine:3xMain Thruster
Attitude Thrusters:18
Thrust:1.9G Max
Crew:200 officers
1800 crew
88000 colonists
Date Launched:2048
Ships of The Line:ES Utopia,ES Vulcan,ES Zephyria,ES Titan

Overview:
Despite the best efforts and intentions of the colonization program,the UN and GSA could not prevent the Earth from descending into a round of deadly global war,where the ambitions of the larger nations went unchecked.Knowing that the 4th Colonial Expedition would likely be the last expedition,as the UN was starting to cut funding and the nations of the world grew less interested in colonizing the stars,the staff at GSA poured all their efforts into incorporating the pinnacle of human technology into this class of spaceships.At the start of the design stage,the designers hoped that mankind would create a utopia in another planet while Earth faltered,so they named this spaceship class the Utopia-Class.It was indeed the pinnacle of spaceship technology at that time,and many of the features of the Utopia-Class are still considered remarkable in CE0074.Pushing the mass of the spaceship over 11000 tons,the first time any spaceship has surpassed 10000 tons,they also enlarged the diameter of the spheroid design till the maximum capacity of the launching pads of that time.The largest-output nuclear reactors were mounted in the spaceship to power the three main thrusters and much-increased eighteen attitude thrusters and the entire power energy requirements of the crew.Subsequently,the Utopia-Class,though the largest spaceships of their time(possibly of all time,if the Cosmic Era does not introduce such behemoths again),could still maintain a slightly higher speed than the Olympus-Class.The ceramite-aluminium material used to construct the hull contributed much of the weight,as the designers wanted to ensure the spaceships could survive anything in space except large asteroids.Another hallmark of the Utopia-Class was their unrivaled cargo capacity,able to carry 90000 colonists but still retaining space for more cargo than their predecessors.In addition to the requisite mining,farming,manufacturing and pre-fab equipment,the Utopia-Class also had three technological innovations.First,it incorporated quantum computer technology,which were only starting to gain mainstream acceptance,allowing the spaceships to keep down crew levels but maximise efficiency through the use of automated functions.Next,the Utopia-Class were the first space interplanetary space vessels to carry cryogenic equipment for its crew,allowing them to rest soundly along the entire journey.Finally,and perhaps the most important feature was the inclusion of terraforming machinery aboard the Utopia and Titan.This was a major breakthrough for mankind,allowing many to finally be convinced of colonizing outer space.However,by the time the vessels were near completion,the budget was almost depleted so only Utopia and Titan carried large amounts of terraforming equipment.Zephyria and Vulcan only carried enough to allow limited terraforming before the equipment inevitably broke down.Not only this,but the ambitious GSA overtaxed their own limits building four of these vessels,causing them to relocate their launch site to the cheaper Baikonur Cosmodrome facilities in the Russian Hegemony/Eurasian Federation.All the staff at GSA,who were by now bankrupt shortly before the launch,joined on board the final vessel,Titan,so that they could experience the fruits of their labors.As the Utopia-Class begin their four-year journey to Mars,little do they know that the colonists would leave behind a war-torn planet for another one,and that one of their number would break away from the fleet and land at a totally different planet...

The Utopia-Class Colony Ship:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284 ... ossus1.jpg

Now that the colonial expeditions are pretty much covered,technically,is there something else in the AD or pre-1stBW timeline that you wish me to cover?If not,i am going to move forward a lot and cover some stuff quite nearer the 1st War.I hope the technical readouts for these ships are enough to satisfy all your questions.Enjoy reading them!
Antares

The ships seem excellent, thanks for the elaboration. I don't think I have any specific questions about the earlier time that could be written out here without a huge, all-encompassing historical review in greater detail. So as fanfics go, I don't think you need to much deeper than this. Just go on what you find most motivating for you to write about; you can always go back and add something if you feel like it.
Yzak was trialed at the PLANTs.WHAT?Yzak went to the Hammers?OMG...i haven't read till that part yet!Now that's Yzak's mother of all twists.How come you wrote him into joining Hammer?I thought he was never that extremist...
Well, I don't want to spoil you further but he actually fakes defection to get closer to the leaders of the Hammer... or maybe not, since while he is in, his opinions might change. ;)
Actually,i've considered the possibility of merging your future into my own timeline post-GSD,but rejected that idea because i thought you would take offense,it'd be a **** to merge them so that it could seem logical and i have my own plans anyways...lol.What do you think about this idea?Possible?
Well if you had done it without asking I might've been somewhat put off, but since you ask, I don't really see a major problem with it since I am not going back in time at all further than what GS/D have elaborated on. So if you want to connect to my third installment into the CE saga, I see no real problems with that. My fanfic is pretty much self-standing at the moment if you exclude GS/D, since I don't even draw on the Astray mangas much because I don't own /haven't read them all. It's not that serious; it's a fanfic. ;) And here I went and did what I was afraid I might do: hijacked your fanfic thread to talk about mine. Sorry about that. :P
Ravager

Nah,that was just input,you didn't hijack the thread at all.Hmmm...don't remember your fic had specific dates to it,it's from CE0074 till...no idea?If that's solved,i can cover yours into my timeline,since what i plan for my own story to unfold is waaaay after GSD,lol.
Ravager

Here's the father of all space-combat vehicles...

TS-MA1 Hermes
Model Number:TS-MA1
Code Name:Hermes
Unit Type:Mass Production Mobile Armor
Manufacturer:Atlantic Federation/Eurasian Federation/Republic of East Asia
Operator(s):Atlantic Federation/Eurasian Federation/Republic of East Asia/Earth Alliance/Various pirate groups/Mars Territorial Army
Weight:25 Tons
Dimensions:10 meters long,15 meters across
Accommodation:Pilot only,in front-facing wraparound cockpit
Construction:Reinforced aluminium on metal frame
Powerplant:Ultracompact nuclear fission reactor(300 KW output)
Engines:1xMain thruster
Apogee Motors:2xWingtip thrusters
Equipment and design features:Basic sensors
Fixed armaments:2xMissile Pod(4 reloads),2x50mm Autocannon(800 rounds ammo each)
Optional fixed armaments:2xLinear Gun
First Deployment:CE0035

Overview:
Originally scheduled for unveiling in CE0025,the Hermes was repeatedly delayed.Avionic problems,thruster malfunctions and cockpit instabilities encountered with the prototype meant the designers had to go back to the drawing board,but when the Hermes was unveiled in CE0035,it truly was ahead of its time as nobody else had mobile armors among their space militaries.However,the introduction of the Hermes catalyzed the Earth Sphere into an arms race,and within several years Hermes mobile armors would be seen fielded in massed formations among the space navies of the Atlantic Federation,Eurasian Federation and the Republic of East Asia.The Hermes went on to serve these nations' armed forces faithfully for 25 years before being replaced by the better Moebius.In its early life,it was equipped with a pair of 4-tube missile pods and a pair of side mounted autocannons,and combined with its respectable speed,it was good for anti-pirate operations and escorting larger spaceships.Hermes were typically launched from Marseille-Class carriers,which were widely used at that time as versatile motherships capable of patrolling shipping routes and normal lanes.However,by CE55,the Hermes also turned up in numbers among pirate groups and minor factions,so the Eurasian Federation,pioneers of railgun technology,refitted the Hermes with a pair of railguns and removed the earlier weapons.The other major navies were quick to follow suit,content with this temporary upgrade until the Moebius could be fielded in sufficient numbers.After the appearance of the Moebius,most Hermes either fell into pirate hands or were sold in large numbers to Mars.

Hermes Mobile Armor:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284 ... /swift.jpg

Next:Marseille-Class Mobile Armor Carrier
Last edited by Ravager on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravager

The first space-combat warship:

CVS-01 Marseille
Model Number:CVS-01-?
Class Name:Marseille
Vessel Classification:Mobile Armor Carrier/System Patrol Ship
Operator(s):Atlantic Federation/Eurasian Federation/Republic of East Asia/Earth Alliance/Various Pirate Groups/Mars Territorial Army
Weight:650 Tons
Dimensions:130 meters long
Accommodations:8 Officers,6 Gunners,35 Crew
Construction:Reinforced Metal Alloy
Powerplant:1xNuclear Fission Reactor
Engines:1xMain Thruster
Attitude Thrusters:4
Max Speed:1G
Equipment and Design Features:Sensors,Radar
Fixed Armaments:3x4-Tube Missile Turret,6xDual 20mm AA Turret
Optional Fixed Armaments:1x275mm Linear Cannon
Mobile Armor Complement:4xHermes/4xMoebius
First Deployment:CE0035
Ships of The Line:Marseille,Lyon,Auxerre

Overview:
Another spaceship from history,the Marseille-Class,curiously,is the first space warship of the Cosmic Era.It is a curiousity because the navies of that time relied on motherships and their mobile armor complement to fight as a unit in battle instead of the large-scale capital ship engagements of the Bloody Valentine Wars.Unveiled at the same time as the Hermes mobile armor,the two craft were parellel-designed so that they could complement each other.For a spaceship,it has extremely weak armor and structural strength,as it was expected to rely on the Hermes as a first line of defense or offense while it provided rear support.In today's standards,even a few hits from the GINN's recoilless rifle will finish off the entire ship.To make matters worse,the Marseille's speed is below-average,so it cannot outrun anything it can't fight.However,the realities of the early Cosmic Era was such that the only foes encountered were relatively poorly-equipped space pirates,as such,the Marseille's flaws were not so apparent.But,as with the Hermes,by CE55,even pirates had access to this widely-produced vessel,and so upgrades were made to improve its armor and weaponry,with the addition of a linear cannon.This weapon was nothing to sneeze at,as during that time,such a weapon could punch through most hulls except another Marseille's(for a brief moment) and obliterate an entire Hermes if directly caught in the line of fire.The AA armament was good enough against mobile armors right up to CE,but again,this ship is,literally,cannon fodder,if not used properly in modern combat.Following the introduction of the second-generation Marseille-IIs and Moebiuses,the Marseille was retired to anti-pirate operations,base defense,carriers of reserve units and other insignificant tasks.Many were sold off outright,like the Hermes,to the Martian Armed Forces or stolen by various pirate bands.

Marseille-Class Mobile Armor Carrier:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284 ... milcar.jpg

Questions?I think i should've separated the overviews into paragraphs so as to not appear crammed.

Next:Marseille II-Class Mobile Armor Carrier
Ravager

CVS-02 Marseille-II
Model Number:CVS-02-?
Vessel Classification:Mobile Armor Carrier
Operator(s):Atlantic Federation/Eurasian Federation/Republic of East Asia/Earth Alliance/Mars Territorial Army/Various Pirate Groups
Weight:750 Tons
Dimensions:145 meters long
Accommodation:6 Officers,8 Gunners,30 Crew
Construction:Steel-Ceramite Alloy
Powerplant:1xNuclear Fission Reactor
Engines:2xMain Thruster
Max Speed:1.75G
Equipment and Design Features:Sensors,Radar,Launch Bay
Fixed Armaments:2x6-Tube Missile Launcher,fore;8xDual 25mm AA Turret,hull;1x300mm Linear Cannon,fore
Mobile Armor Complement:6xHermes/Moebius
First Deployment:CE0060
Ships of The Line:Marseille II,Bruges,Genk,Antwerp

Overview:
The Marseille II is everything that the Marseille could have become,if such technology had been available in CE0035.Using the extra mass of 100 tons to reinforce the hull armor with new steel-ceramite alloy,the Marseille II could take even two linear cannon hits at its weakest spot,its underbelly,and still survive while the Marseille could not survive two hits anywhere.In addition to being longer,sleeker and having more thrusters and a heavily-uprated fission power plant,it could produce 1.75Gs of thrust,nearly double the speed of the Marseille!This vessel,although having less missile launchers,packed more heavier AA armament,though it will still prove inadequate against mobile suits of any kind.Likewise,it also featured an improved main gun battery,and this combined with the heavier armor allowed Marseille IIs to wade into combat with the recently-debuted Moebius mobile armors.Right up to the introduction of the Marseille III refits at CE0068 and the new warship classes like the Agamemnon-Class during CE0069,these vessels typically served in frontline combat and as flagships among the numerous fleets of the sponsor nations.Like the Marseille,it was produced in large numbers and would eventually,by CE0072,show up in numbers among pirates and the Martians.

Marseille II-Class Mobile Armor Carrier:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o284 ... nnibal.jpg

Well,i need input on these technical readouts,like am i making it comfortable for reading or other possible technical issues.This really concludes the Historicals Technical Readout series.It doesn't help that i mostly make these tech readouts when i'm tired,back after college or some activity...
Ravager

Sourcebook:Earth Alliance

It has often been said that the Alliance was responsible for the First Bloody Valentine War,but can we really blame them?When you look back at it now,Blue Cosmos played both sides from the beginning,while the Alliance was simply outmatched,they adapted well,and managed to end the war on their terms.-Author

This is the sourcebook for much information on the Earth Alliance from its inception to its condition immediately pre-Armory One Incident.

The Member Nations of The Alliance

The Earth Alliance has always been the sum of its parts.Formed partly out of necessity,and partly out of its member nations' desire to present a front showing a united Earth,the Alliance was made up of four permanent members,the Atlantic Federation,Eurasian Federation,Republic of East Asia and the South African Union.

The Atlantic Federation consists of the former United States of America,British Isles,Canada,Greenland and Iceland.Formed during the chaotic era of the Reconstruction Wars,the Atlantic Federation was blessed with a united people,a single continent and the strongest military and technologies before the advent of the PLANTs.Although known for its liberal views on the individual's rights and freedoms,curiously,it was this nation that became the most vocal against the existence of Coordinators and the most militarized of all the member nations.How is it that the Blue Cosmos chose to implant itself within this nation but not the others will never be known,but it is undeniable that the Atlantic Federation is the strongest hotbed of Blue Cosmos activity.It was from the Atlantic Federation branch that OMNI Enforcer became heavily infiltrated with Blue Cosmos agents and sympathizers,and it was also from the former Atlantic Federation 2nd Fleet that the Roosevelt deployed a nuke-armed Moebius to destroy Junius Seven.Following the First Bloody Valentine War,the Atlantic Federation,as a whole,did not suffer any significant loss,and remained the strongest member.Thus,in any future conflict spearheaded by the Alliance,this nation will most definitely be at the forefront of it.

In contrast to the Atlantic Federation,the Eurasian Federation,like the Earth Alliance,was the sum of its peoples.So long as it managed to keep its people in line,it remained strong.Although the Eurasian Federation emerged from the fires of the 1st War of Europe as the largest superstate on Earth,it did not have the resources,foundation,nor the military might of its trans-Atlantic neighbour.Constantly worried that remnants of the European Union resistance might cause insurrections and paranoid of the machinations of the Republic of East Asia and the Atlantic Federation,the Eurasian Federation is ruled by a Russian-dominant politburo from the Kremlin in the capital of Moscow.Ironically,although the Atlantics were hotly against Coordinators,the Eurasians were never against Coordinators,welcoming them as long as they were loyal to the nation.Because of this,the Eurasians were notable for pioneering several technological breakthroughs such as railgun technology and Newtype research.This nation has the potential to supplant the Atlantic Federation as the premier power in the Alliance,and this might not be a bad thing,given that they play the part of the voices of reason.However,if its peoples stay divided,the Eurasian Federation might well find itself beset by civil war in the worst time possible.

In a map,people might discount the Republic of East Asia as playing second-fiddle to the other two major powers,but in reality,this nation has the densest and largest population,and provides manpower for many of the Alliance's terrestrial forces.Though the Republic has never been able to fully pacify Japan and become a pioneer in the field of science and technology,it has proven very adept at "acquiring" and procuring anything it lacks.Well,almost anything.Prior to the Battle of Kaohsiung and the 1st Battle of Carpentaria,the East Asians contributed a sizeable navy and air force to the Alliance's Pacific Fleet,but after several reverses,only the ground arm remained intact.The strength of the Republic has always been the unity and dedication of its people.The people of the Republic have been taught since birth to be loyal to the nation,and to die for the nation is the highest achievement,thus many of them are totally fanatical towards the cause of the Republic.The Republic is content to let the Atlantic Federation take the front seat for the time being,but should they prove a burden and show signs of weaknesses,it will not hesitate to make moves of its own...

Finally,the South African Union has always been ruled by a figurehead government totally dominated by Atlantic Federation sympathizers.It is no surprise then,that the Union is as vocal as the Atlantics when it comes to the Coordinator issue.The Union does not have a strong industrial base,but it does provide considerable manpower to the African campaigns,and with it holding the Victoria spaceport,the Union is a powerful tool for the Atlantic Federation to wield at its leisure.

Factsheet:Atlantic Federation
Founding Year:AD 2048
Capital(City,Nation):Washington,America
National Symbol:A circle of five stars on a field of red-and-white stripes
Estimated Population(CE0072):850 Million
Government:Democracy
Leader:President Joseph Copland
Dominant Language(s):English
Dominant Religion(s):Christianity(Inter-Faith)
Unit of Currency:Dollar(1 Dollar=2 Cosmic Dollars)

Factsheet:Eurasian Federation
Founding Year:AD 2055
Capital(City,Nation):Moscow,Russia
National Symbol:Stripe of Blue,Red and Yellow with a white star in the center
Location:Eurasian continent,Balkans,Asia Minor,Middle East,North Africa
Estimated Population:1.7 Billion
Government:Single-Party State
Leader:Premier Vladimir Kirov
Dominant Language(s):English,Russian,French,German,Italian,Arabic
Dominant Religion(s):Christianity(Orthodox,Roman Catholic,Protestant),Islam
Unit of Currency:Eura(1 Eura=1.5 Cosmic Dollars)

Factsheet:Republic of East Asia
Founding Year:AD 2055
Capital(City,Nation):Beijing,China
National Symbol:Dragon on a field of red
Estimated Population:3.1 Billion
Government:Republic
Leader:President Jiang An Hui
Dominant Language(s):Chinese,English,Japanese,Korean
Dominant Religion(s):Buddhism,Taoism
Unit of Currency:Yuan(1 Yuan=0.5 Cosmic Dollars)

Factsheet:South African Union
Founding Year:AD 2042
Capital(City,Nation):Johannesburg,South Africa
National Symbol:Horizontal bands of red and blue separated by a central green band splitting into a "V" shape and embracing a black triangle
Estimated Population:2 Billion
Government:Representative Democracy
Leader:President Shaka Mandela
Dominant Language(s):English,Various African dialects
Dominant Religion(s):Roman Catholic,Various local religions
Unit of Currency:Mark(1 Mark=0.45 Cosmic Dollars)

Next:The Alliance and Its Industrial-Military Base
Last edited by Ravager on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antares

A few comments again:
Given the tradition of multiple-party democracy is all western European countries, becoming a single party system would be highly unlikely. I'd lean for a bureaucratic system rather. Even if Russia seems to be the dominant force (given the colours of the flag, for example), perhaps a little more credit to West Europe is called for.

Then there is the Republic of East Asia, and you read Japan among its member-states, but since we can assume that Orb is in fact the pseudo-Japan of CE and its location partially confirms this, where would it fit on your map of political factions?
Ravager

Well,Japan is a part of the Republic,and Orb is a non-Alliance faction.Right now i'm doing a sourcebook for the Alliance first before the others.

Anyways,Russia is the dominant force,and they suppress the Western Eurasians pretty hard,and that's why there are future events that show the break from the single-party system.

EDIT:To clarify more,the Eurasian politburo,although single-party,has members from all over Eurasia(including quite a few Western Eurasians),but the majority are still from former Russian Hegemony states,so Russia has managed to hold on to its dominant position.The inclusion of Western Eurasians in the party gives the Western side some contentment,an illusion that at least they get some representation,but politics are always interchangeable with war,and there are still a few loose ends i haven't tied up yet...
Ravager

The Alliance and Its Industrial-Military Base

Factsheet:Earth Alliance
Founding Year:CE0070
Capital(City,Nation):Brussels,Belgium
Symbol:An image of Earth surrounded by four white stars on a field of green
Government:High Council led by a Secretary-General
Leader:Secretary-General Russell Olbani
Unit of Currency:Cosmic Dollar

Military Industry:
Atlantic Federation:
Azrael Conglomerate
CEO:Bruno Azrael
Location(s):Area-51,Detroit,Masachusetts,Arzachel
Products:(Arzachel)GAT-02L2 Dagger L,GAT-04 Windam,DD-01 Drake,BB-01 Nelson,CVS-03 Agamemnon,Aile Striker,Sword Striker,Launcher Striker,Doppelhorn Striker,(Area-51)GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger,Aile Striker,(Masachusetts)GAT-X102 Duel,GAT-X103 Buster,GAT-X105 Strike,GAT-X207 Blitz,GAT-X303 Aegis,GAT-X131 Calamity,GAT-X133 Sword Calamity,GAT-X252 Forbidden,GAT-X255 Forbidden Blue,GAT-707E Forbidden Vortex,GAT-X370 Raider,GAT-333 Raider Full Spec,GAT-01D Long Dagger,GAT-01D1 Duel Dagger,GAT-S02R N Dagger N,GAT-X399/Q Wild Dagger,(Detroit)GAT-01 Strike Dagger,GAT-01A1 105 Dagger,GAT-02L2 Dagger L,GAT-04 Windam,GAT-706S Deep Forbidden,Aile Striker,Sword Striker,Launcher Striker,Jet Striker,Doppelhorn Striker

The Azrael Conglomerate is the primary military production facility of the Atlantic Federation.Secretly,it is also a member of LOGOS,being controlled by the Azrael family.It produces a wide range of mobile suits,mobile suit accessories and warships for the Atlantic Federation Armed Forces.During the 1st War,it was the vast numbers of Strike Daggers that emerged from the Conglomerate that allowed the Federation to conquer Orb and launch Operations 8.8 and Elvis.

The primary production facility of the Azrael Conglomerate is located at Detroit.The Detroit plant complex is massive,easily allowing it to produce a squadron of Daggers per week.However,it can only produce standardized and simple equipment such as Daggers and Striker Packs,while the much smaller but more specialized Masachusetts plant focuses on experimental units such as those from the GAT-X project.After the 1st War,the Conglomerate expanded to include a new small factory at Area-51 to supply the Phantom Pain Corps with Slaughter Daggers and their Aile Striker Packs,and a huge production facility-cum-shipyard rivaling the Detroit plant at the Arzachel Lunar Base to produce warships,Daggers and Striker Packs.However,the Arzachel facility has not yet reached full production capacity yet,as it has only been recently constructed.

Aducarf Mechano Industries
CEO:Matias Aducarf
Location(s):Silicon Valley,Vulcan(Mars),Daedalus
Products:(Silicon Valley)RGX-00 Testament,Divine Striker,TS-MA4F Exus,TSX-MA717/ZD Pergrande,+11 Backpack,YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah,YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe,TS-MB1B Euclid,GFAS-X1 Destroy,(Vulcan),TSX-MA717/ZD Pergrande,YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah,YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe,TS-MB1B Euclid,GFAS-X1 Destroy,GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger,(Daedalus),YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah,YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe,TS-MB1B Euclid,GFAS-X1 Destroy

If there is anywhere in the Cosmic Era where a place can be described as full of nutty professors,then Aducarf Mechano Industries certainly qualifies as THE place.Formed only during the closing months of the Bloody Valentine War by LOGOS' wealthy Aducarf family,AMI was the benefactor of the post-war Alliance's mobile armor projects.Although the AMI researchers were ingenious,refining and coming up with novel technologies such as positron reflectors and the +11 Backpack for the Proto-Saviour,their products never truly made long-term impacts on the battlefield,constantly countered by newer ZAFT mobile suits or else by chance(The Pergrande Testing Incident).AMI used up huge amounts of resources for their mobile armors,and it was no surprise that the Atlantic Federation had to scour places high and low to secure these resources.Whether AMI will truly become a success story has not been seen yet,and if trends continue as they are,perhaps the future conflicts will test the effectiveness of these weird mobile armors.

AMI's primary headquarters,production and testing facilities are located at Silicon Valley,California.This place was once the site of a thriving computer and technology industry,but the Atlantic Federation decided it was ideal for AMI,and has since built a massive industrial complex to accommodate production of the obscene experimental or mass-produced mobile armor designs.After Phantom Pain established the Vulcan Base,AMI also decided to set up a small satellite facility there to produce small amounts of mobile armors and Slaughter Daggers for the Vulcan garrison.

Pearl Shipbuilding and Subsidiaries Unlimited
CEO:Joshua Spruance
Location(s):Pearl Harbor,San Diego
Products:DDT-01 Fraser-Class Destroyer,CCT-01 Arkansas-Class Cruiser,CV-95 Tarawa-Class Carrier,F-7D Spearhead,Trooper Combat Armor,Linear Tank,AH-77 Lakota VTOL Fighter

Inheriting the great shipbuilding tradition of the American portion of the Federation,PSSU dominates the shipbuilding and conventional weapons industry of the Atlantic Federation.The Pacific Ocean is a vast body of water that needs to be constantly patrolled by naval vessels to ensure the safety of commerce and prevent foreign incursion.PSSU constantly receives substantial funding to construct bluewater naval vessels while its subsidiaries concentrate on conventional vehicles and equipment such as tanks and fighters to complement the mobile suit corps of the Federation.The shipyards and facilities at Pearl Harbor construct warships and the conventional equipment,while San Diego,the shipyard with the largest capacity on Earth,is purely for constructing warships and servicing and maintaining the naval fleets.

Following the great loss of meterial at Panama and the South American War of Independence,PSSU was flooded with orders for more of its products,and by the end of the war,has expanded its facilities at Pearl Harbor to include a secondary shipyard at the far end of Oahu.

EDIT:Added Pearl Shipbuilding.
Last edited by Ravager on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ravager

Republic of East Asia:
ZhanZhen WuQi Industries
CEO:Jiang Hu Zhen
Location(s):Yangtze Valley,Shanghai
Products:(Yangtze)GAT-01 Strike Dagger,GAT-02L2 Dagger L,GAT-04 Windam,Aile Striker,Sword Striker,Launcher Striker,Jet Striker,Doppelhorn Striker,(Shanghai)Linear Tank,Trooper Combat Armor,F-7D Spearhead,Air Dreadnought,Missile Truck,AH-78 Garuda VTOL Fighter

ZhanZhen WuQi Industries,meaning "Weapons for War Industries" in English,is the primary arms supplier for the East Asian armed forces.What the East Asians lack in quality they make up in quantity,as the vast numbers of their war machine is perpetually hungry for more mobile suits and conventional vehicles to equip its corps.The East Asians have a larger terrestrial army than the Eurasians or Atlantics,and combined with their position,allow them to strike at any direction and virtually overwhelm their target.The products of this company were notably used in the 2nd Battle of Kaohsiung,Operation 8.8 and during Operation Elvis among the 7th Autonomous Unit.The size of the Yangtze factory complexes are nearly the same as the Azrael Comglomerate's Detroit plant,wholly dedicated to churning out squadrons of Dagger mobile suits while the relatively outmoded Shanghai plant continues to produce large numbers of pre-war conventional weapons.Although these conventional weapons are largely outdated with the introduction of mobile suits,the size of the Republic and its population density means that there are too many cities and settlements to garrison with valuable mobile suits,thus necessitating the smaller militias to be equipped with non-mobile suit forces.

Currently,the production quota of the two factories are more than adequate,and the Shanghai factory,situated near a port,allows the company to make more profits by importing its non-mobile suit products to the Equatorial Union,USSA and the Kingdom of Scandinavia.Any other surplus are held in reserve,ready to be activated should the armies of the Republic go to war.

The East Asian space navy was utterly devastated in the 1st War,destroyed by ZAFT squadrons and then losing four-fifths of the remainder when GENESIS fired.The survivors retreated to Arzachel,but could not be adequately bolstered due to the lack of any shipyard or space factory.As such,the ZZWQ company,seeking to turn more profits while maintaining its position as the foremost arms supplier of the Republic,has petitioned the East Asian Government to look into the possibilities of establishing a new production facility in space.

Mitsubishi Enterprises
CEO:Takeda Hayabusa
Location(s):Osaka
Products:(Osaka)DDT-01 Fraser-Class Destroyer,CCT-01 Arkansas-Class Cruiser,CV-95 Tarawa-Class Carrier,Trooper Combat Armor,F-7D Spearhead,Linear Tank,Missile Truck

A remnant of the old nation of Japan,Mitsubishi Enterprises is now a much smaller company after the conquest of Japan by the Union of East Asia and the forced downsizing of Japanese companies.Mitsubishi managed to avoid the fate of bankruptcy by concentrating its remaining resources on its shipyards at Osaka,constructing bluewater naval craft for the East Asian terrestrial navy as well as conventional combat vehicles and equipment for the various local militias stationed at Japan.

There is little hope for this company to expand due to threats of forced nationalising by the East Asian central government,but like all Japanese peoples,they long for a better future like those enjoyed by their brethren in the Orb Union.
Antares

Interesting, I see you put the latest products of EA military to the Republic of East Asia. Well, given their apparent(?) affiliation with Atlantic Federation, I'm not surprised. However, bear in mind that during GSD's Break of the World -incidence, the flood and debris utterly destroyed Beijing, which is further inland and less exposed than Shanghai. Just putting this note out here in case you want to address this; maybe they changed production sites or something during the 2nd Bloody Valentine War?

Also, the Japanese produced the Arkansas -class? Given that this name derives from the US Navy, you might want to make a connection with Japan and AF as well. It would just sound more consistent. Other than that, seems pretty well thought out. :)
Ravager

Eurasian Federation:
Kharkov-Morozov Bureau
CEO:Vladimir Koslov
Location(s):Kharkov,Ural Mountains,Siberia,Kamchatka
Products:(Kharkov)GAT-01 Strike Dagger,GAT-02L2 Dagger L,GAT-04 Windam,F-7D Spearhead,Linear Tank,AH-79 Werewolf Attack VTOL,Aile Striker,Sword Striker,Launcher Striker,Jet Striker,Doppelhorn Striker(Ural Mountains),GAT-01EXT Strike Dagger Experimental Type,GAT-01 Strike Dagger,GAT-02L2 Dagger L,GAT-04 Windam,Linear Tank,Aile Striker,Sword Striker,Launcher Striker,Jet Striker,Doppelhorn Striker,(Kamchatka),DDT-01 Fraser-Class Destroyer,CCT-01 Arkansas-Class Cruiser,CV-95 Tarawa-Class Carrier

The product of the merger and nationalisation of all military-production and design bureaus within the Russian Hegemony,the Kharkov-Morozov Bureau is undoubtedly the largest industrial conglomerate within the Eurasian Federation.Its name is derived from the famous historical Kharkov Factory and Morozov Design Bureau of the Soviet Union,who were responsible for such noted historical tanks as the T-54/55 series and its descendants.The Bureau maintains two large factory complexes at Kharkov,Ukraine and at the Ural Mountains,both of which are responsible for manufacturing the conventional vehicles,Dagger series,Windams and their associated Striker Packs for the Eurasian armed forces while the facility at Kamchatka consists of a modest shipyard for constructing warships to equip the naval arm of the Eurasians.The K-MB also has a small facility in the Siberian wastes,a leftover from the past when the Hegemony used the Siberian facility as a testing range an proving ground for its various new vehicles.It is now understaffed and used as a base for the Siberian garrison to watch over the various Gulags and labor camps of the Eurasian Federation.

Although the K-MB's facilities do not have capacities as large as those of the East Asians and the Azrael Conglomerate,they still produce respectable amounts of war machines.Also,the KM-B's Ural Mountains factories were responsible for producing the first run of mobile suits which will become legendary for generations to come:the Strike Dagger Experimental Type,which gave birth to the much-vaunted 10th Autonomous Corps of the Earth Alliance.The K-MB follows the ever-popular philosophy of the Russian Hegemony in only building mobile suits that are considered "cheap-and-cheerful".That is why the Eurasians were forced to give the reins of the Hyperion Project and other related programs to the technically far more advanced Rheinmetall Heavy Industries,loath as they to do so.

Recently,the K-MB has grown more vocal in its bid to absorb every other military industry-related company in the Eurasian Federation.If such a thing comes to pass,the central Eurasian government would certainly have the largest military-industrial conglomerate in the Earth Sphere wholly under their direction.

Actaeon Industries
CEO:Svetoslav Melnikov
Location(s):Estonia,Arzachel
Products:(Arzachel)NMS-X07PO Gel Finieto,GAT-02L2 Dark Dagger L,BBS-1 Girty Lue(Estonia),GAT-X1022 Blu Duel,GAT-X103AP Verde Buster,GAT-X105E Strike E,GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz,GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis,IWSP Striker,Noir Striker,Aile Striker

Actaeon Industries is a privately owned small firm established in CE69 by mobile suit proponent Svetoslav Melnikov shortly after the appearance of the GINN on the battlefield.It constantly strives to introduce refinements to mobile suit technologies on the battlefield,and since it has received funds from LOGOS from time to time,it has the capability to produce banned technologies such as Mirage Colloid and Neutron-Jammer Cancellers,albeit in very small numbers.Its primary mobile suit facility is in Estonia,and because it is still such a small facility,the Eurasian government is content to allow its operation.There is also another small mobile suit facility for testing revolutionary new technologies and producing small numbers of mobile suits and the rare warship per request at the Arzachel Lunar Base.

For such a small company,Actaeon Industries has established a reputation for constantly in the forefront of mobile suit technology.Although its first product,the Gel Finieto,was largely useless in massed combat,it introduced a previously-unheard of application of the Mirage Colloid technology:the Mirage Colloid Virus Spreader.It was this technology that prompted LOGOS to invest in Actaeon,commissioning it to update Phantom Pain's first-generation GAT-X machines and the Girty Lue-Class of warships for use by Phantom Pain.Actaeon also produced the unique Noir Striker Pack,and through its brief collaboration with Morgenroete Inc,was able to update the Aile Striker and acquire a license to produce several IWSP Striker Packs outside of the Orb Union.Actaeon also hires teams of observers who act as neutral parties on the battlefields of the Cosmic Era to monitor new advancements in technologies while constantly maintaining the quality of its products.Actaeon Industries,as a whole,detest the concept of mobile armors and does not do business with the LOGOS-sponsored Aducarf Mechano Industries,and thus is considering the idea of eventually severing all ties to LOGOS.
Last edited by Ravager on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravager

Antares wrote:Interesting, I see you put the latest products of EA military to the Republic of East Asia. Well, given their apparent(?) affiliation with Atlantic Federation, I'm not surprised. However, bear in mind that during GSD's Break of the World -incidence, the flood and debris utterly destroyed Beijing, which is further inland and less exposed than Shanghai. Just putting this note out here in case you want to address this; maybe they changed production sites or something during the 2nd Bloody Valentine War?

Also, the Japanese produced the Arkansas -class? Given that this name derives from the US Navy, you might want to make a connection with Japan and AF as well. It would just sound more consistent. Other than that, seems pretty well thought out. :)
Canonically,this sourcebook on the various companies only details their situation up until the Armory One Incident,so it does not include the Break The World or anything after that.Also,the Windams were introduced prior to Armory One,and all these companies have only started to switch production lines from Dagger Ls to Windams,explaining the lack of Windams on the frontlines during the subsequent Operation Sunshine of the EAF.

The ship's designated the Arkansas-Class by the Alliance.It's not an association with the Atlantic Federation.The Japanese happen to be producing them because it's the standard cruiser used by the terrestrial navies of the Alliance members.

Finally,latest doesn't mean best.Lol i don't acknowledge how easy Windams blow up in the anime,but i also think they're not superior to the MS from Rheinmetall,Azrael and Actaeon('course,the MS from Rheinmetall are non-canon)