So, what kind of music do mech-heads like ?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

What music ?

Rock (modern / classic)
36%
Metal (all forms)
25%
Electronic (House, Trance, Techno, Eurobeat, Dance)
6%
Pop (average top-40 stuff)
3%
Classical (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Tschaikovski, etc)
8%
Country (From Johnny Cash to Garth Brooks and everything inbetween)
No votes
R'n'B / Rap (Eminem, 50 cent, et al)
No votes
Instrumental / Synth (Jarre, Vangelis, etc)
No votes
J-pop / J-rock (Anything J, really)
11%
.. Did I forget one ? If so, please elaborate.
11%

Total votes: 36
The Big Zabowski

Late 1960s-mid/late 70s Prog rock for me ala Yes, Genesis, Golden Earring, ELO and many other bands that I forget the name of. Beatles, Zeppelin, Steve Miller, Boz Scaggs, Van Halen, Fleetwood Mac also fit the bill..

Basically, if the song is over 7 minutes, has complex, meaningful, introspective lyrics, polyrythmic percussion and similarly complex guitar solos, I'll like it.

This also includes many a 70s and early 80s metal band like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zeta Gelgoog

I like classic rock and J Pop the best. A wierd combination I know. I'll listen to almost anything though, but I can only stand country in small amounts (asides from Johnny Cash, he was awesome) and hip hop and rap only when I am really drunk.
This Space For Rent.
Fritz Ashlyn

The Big Zabowski wrote:Golden Earring
Here's the question I ask everyone that says they like Golden Earring:

Do you like anything other than 'Radar Love' and 'Twilight Zone'?
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
ZZ Gundam

For me rock of almost all kinds, J-whatever, some classical, Johnny Cash exclusively in the country field. I absolutely despise rap of almost all kinds, except Fort Minor (the only decent rap in my book) and you can't beat rap that makes fun of rap. 8)
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
mcred23

I think my avatar shows what I like the most and where I voted. 8)

To go further on that, I mostly enjoy older rock from the 60's, 70's and 80's. With very very limited exceptions, I really don't like much from the 1990's and I utterly hate 99.9% of the new stuff out there.

Aside from rock, I have passing interetests in a few of the rest (Metal, Classical, Country, older Rap) but the rest (J-anything, newer R&B/Rap, Techno and Pop) I totally hate.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Lert

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:

Like When The Lady Smiles ? Burning Stuntman ? Something Heavy Going Down ? :D

So far the rock wins by a large margin, with metal a good second .. I'm not very surprised. :)
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
UrbanSniper

For me, it's usually some sort of J-pop/J-rock, along with industrial/heavy metal, and usually in a language other than english. Even if I can't understand some of it, it's still great to listen to (Rammstein and E-Nomine especially). I avoid country and rap/R&B like the plague, and don't really consider either of them to be real music.
Dark Duel

I grew up on Queen, the Eagles, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, with a sprinkling of Supertramp, The Beatles and some French stuff here and there (Claude Francois, Joe Dassin, Daniel Balavoine, Indochine and Debut de Soiree, primarily), and some occasional Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young.

Then I picked up Manau, a southern-French Celtic Rap group - and pretty much the only rap I'll tolerate. Still a diehard Queen and Eagles fan, love Pink Floyd...kinda grew out of the Beatles and Supertramp.

Currently, Queen, the Eagles, Manau. Saw the Eagles in concert for my 17th B-Day. Listen to some Johnny Cash, too, and I'll still listen to Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young(especially Neil Young) or Willie Nelson if he's on.
I recently picked up Green Day, too. Need to get some of their older albums, I only have Bullet in a Bible and American Idiot. I LIKE their older stuff too, though.
Some J-stuff. Mainly Hamasaki, Tamaki and Nishikawa, though I have a slew of other artists like Two-Mix, Kumiko Kato, Mika Arisaka and JAM Project, and the top slot in that category still belongs to HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR - saw 'em in concert last September.
Also, I recently was introduced to Opera(Wagner's Lohengrin and Tannhaueser...preferred the latter) and I listen to a couple of generic classical albums once in a while.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dendrobium Stamen

I listen to... damn near everything, so choosing one is difficult here. Given that my regularly-played selection covers things from We Are Scientists, Pendulum, Incubus, The Who, Linkin Park, Muse, Wham!, The Bangles, The Subways, Foo Fighters, Cassie, and a whole bunch of dance albums... this was a tough choice.

Overall, I'm an indie kid at heart, so I'm gonna go for "rock in general". :D

Can't wait to see Incubus and Muse in the next few months...
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Nightwing03

What does Punk Come Under?

Rock?

Punk rock is my sorta style of music ^_^
♣♦♠♥
solid snake

I don't really listen to any one kind. When I listen to the radio I listen pirimarily to rock, but my CD's are a bit of everything.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
swordoath

I find myself listening to a lot of what would likely be considered classic rock. Occaisionally I do enjoy some newer stuff, mostly as the radio station I listen to while driving prides itself on playing "clasic rock, new rock, and 80s rock." I have been known to move into Metal at times, and I also enjoy listening to soundtracks for games I play and shows I watch, which spreads my musical tastes out a bit.

If I'm radio-surfing, if I enjoy what I hear after the first few seconds, I listen to it, and if I don't, then I change it.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
Blue Comet

Much like the mech-head that I am, I tend to stick mostly to J

JAM Project as well as some of the classics from the animes of old are some of the music that I really enjoy. Listening to something that's not in a language I fully understand just works with me I guess. (Though T.M. Revolution has really come to bore me now.)

Although I haven't completely lost faith in the music of this contienent neither. On occassion I'll listen to some Rock or Metal like Nazereth or Man o' War.

And even though I don't particularily like Country, i still prefer it heavily to Rap. Don't really have the state of mind to listen to that stuff willingly really.
SNT1

speaking of country, I actually like country music that crosses mainstream. Lonestar, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts... etc... It helps me relax and stuff.

The country I don't like is when its too country, involving very deep voices and those with lyrics that you listen to before you kill yourself.
The Big Zabowski

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:

I was that way, before listening to '73/'74s "Switch"... That, and Moontan is good too. But I kinda ran out of money, so I haven't been able to pick up much more. Their early to mid 70's stuff is the thing I like from them.

Eight Miles High.. 18+ minutes of esctacy..'nuff said.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
ShadowCell

Holy fecal matter, Bob Seger puts on an awesome show.

Just thought that should be known.
Camille Vidan

Liza Minelli.
SNT1

I've been obsessed with The Wreckers lately.

Guilty Pleasures <3
manrogue

Any kind of rock really, from J-rock to Metal to punk, though recently mainly been listening to Funeral For A Friend, Lost Prophets, Bullet For My Valentine and the good old Iron Maiden.
Mwulf

Classical, all the way.

I also listen to JPop/Rock/Whatever sometimes. I cannot stand American music, particularly the popular stuff nowadays.