MAHQ Fantasy Baseball League?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Would you want to participate in a free MAHQ fantasy baseball league?

Yes, I'm interested
60%
No, I'm not interested
40%

Total votes: 15
"Kamille! Kamille!

MAHQ Fantasy Baseball League?

Who would be interested in participating in a MAHQ-only Fantasy Baseball League? It would be free and run through ESPN.com or Yahoo. If enough people are interested, I'll get it started.
Nightwing03

What exactly would you do in this fantasy baseball league?
♣♦♠♥
Nimrod

Nightwing03 wrote:What exactly would you do in this fantasy baseball league?
Most times people draft various players from the teams in Major League Baseball to form their own team and then go head to head with other teams in their fantasy league over a season with the various stats that each players get as they actually play for real.

People can do trades with other teams, drop and add new players, etc.

It's quite fun actually although I'll be curious if this idea will fly in these given the general "sport sux I wantz animez" attitude in these parts.
Omnislasher

Nimrod wrote:It's quite fun actually although I'll be curious if this idea will fly in these given the general "sport sux I wantz animez" attitude in these parts.
Either that or a generally lack of knowledge of baseball (players in specific) might make it hard for people here to play well, to the point of at least making it work.
I'd like to think I'm a forgiving person...

...but thought and action are two different things...
The Big Zabowski

I'd probably be in for it, though I dunno if the spring ball stats for players are even out yet (are they?)

If so, I'd probably end up with a bunch of former and current Cleveland Indians players.

CLEVELAND ROX MAI SOX!

:D
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cardi Doorl

I played a Yahoo fantasy soccer league with another group of friends. I remember that it didn't require much investment of time, which is what made it so appealing to me. Would a baseball league be similar in that regard?

If so, I'd join up. I don't know crap about baseball stats, but knowing me I'd probably just choose whatever players have cool (or funny) names anyway. :P
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
RedShirt0909

Sorry, baseball just doesn't do it for me. If this was fantasy football, I'd be all over it.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
"Kamille! Kamille!

You pretty much have to follow baseball in order to get the most out of it. I was just wondering if there were enough baseball fans here to do it (I've got one going with my friends anyway). The amount of time put in can vary depending on how much you really want to do it. The people who spend the least amount of time just take out their injured players and put in healthy ones and the ones who spend the most time go in every week and change their lineup for that week to maximize matchups, etc. Some people pick up 4-5 new players every week. So it depends; I can't speak for everyone.
Nimrod wrote:I'll be curious if this idea will fly in these given the general "sport sux I wantz animez" attitude in these parts.
I've always wondered why the two are mutually exclusive. I have a lot of interests; one of them happens to be sports, and one happens to be Gundam. I feel sorry for people who try to box themselves into categories like that, because they're just limiting their own interests. (Note: this has nothing to do with you, Nimrod*; you just brought the subject up)

* I'm not calling you a nimrod. That's your name. :P
Fritz Ashlyn

I'm a big baseball fan (second only to football), but I've never participated in a fantasy baseball league. This might be interesting if you get enough people willing to play.

...I call dibs on half the Braves roster.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Cardi Doorl

If you call dibs on them, then I call dibs on whatever team really, really sucks. I wanna be the screwup team.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Blue Comet

Cardi Doorl wrote:If you call dibs on them, then I call dibs on whatever team really, really sucks. I wanna be the screwup team.
You'll want the Royals then. :P

Anyways I wouldn't mind participating in this. I have a fairly decent knowledge in the world of sports. Though baseball isn't my most strong point, it still sounds like fun.

Still, if anyone's interested in creating an MAHQ Fantasy Hockey Team then I'll be all over that one. Maybe next season if no one else does, i'll take the initiative on that one. :)
Nimrod

[quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]
Nimrod wrote:I'll be curious if this idea will fly in these given the general "sport sux I wantz animez" attitude in these parts.
I've always wondered why the two are mutually exclusive. I have a lot of interests; one of them happens to be sports, and one happens to be Gundam. I feel sorry for people who try to box themselves into categories like that, because they're just limiting their own interests. (Note: this has nothing to do with you, Nimrod*; you just brought the subject up)

* I'm not calling you a nimrod. That's your name. :P[/quote]

Tis cool, I take no offence and I know what you mean. I too have always wonder why anime fans in general bitch and whine and moan about people who like to discuss sports.
Vash

Blue Comet wrote:
Cardi Doorl wrote:If you call dibs on them, then I call dibs on whatever team really, really sucks. I wanna be the screwup team.
You'll want the Royals then. :P

Anyways I wouldn't mind participating in this. I have a fairly decent knowledge in the world of sports. Though baseball isn't my most strong point, it still sounds like fun.

Still, if anyone's interested in creating an MAHQ Fantasy Hockey Team then I'll be all over that one. Maybe next season if no one else does, i'll take the initiative on that one. :)
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/26151 <-- the current league I'm in, populated with a bunch of gplus people. Me = Ryan Leaf All-Stars.

Anyway, I plan on starting a baseball league anyway, it'll be on yahoo and will be a live draft. Feel free to pm me if any of you want in.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
wonton bob

I've tried it once and found it fun. especially when money was involved. :wink: the only problem was having everyone get together and picking players.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
"Kamille! Kamille!

wonton bob wrote:I've tried it once and found it fun. especially when money was involved. :wink: the only problem was having everyone get together and picking players.
Well, this would be done with an online draft... if you can't make it, pre-rank your players beforehand and it will select automatically based on those.