Which do you read more of?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Anime Insider
25%
Newtype USA
75%

Total votes: 8
Charismatic Enigma

I was wondering how many member here read Anime Insider/Newtype USA magazines and who reads more of what. I myself have every single issue of Anime Insider (even back when it was called Anime Invasion), but I've only really read a few issues of Newtype USA and those were few and far between.
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
ZZ Gundam

I used to, several years ago, have a subscrption to Insider. However it was low on content (for my tastes) and I dropped it. That was around the time I recieved an NT USA subscription for a Christmas present. Its been a standing present since. It's very simply the best Anime/Manga related magazine I have seen. :D

On a side note, I think MAHQ sould be featured in NT USA. I think the community here certainly warrants some attention.
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
Dark Duel

I've found that glaring inaccuracies tend to find their way into AI with a certain degree of frequency, and it's a bit low on content for my personal taste.
(Examples from recent issues include their identifying "Meer" as "Lacus" and talking about "Talia Gladys's wedding" in a preview for Ep14 of GSD(That one had me laughing a good five minutes)...there were a bunch more, but I forgot)
I prefer NT because of the increased content, and I've yet to find any glaring errors in the ones I've read like I did in most issues of AI I've read.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Crusader

I don't like the format for AI, but i can't help but follow newtype, becuase it has more to offer seemingly.
solid snake

I read Anime Insider myself. I find it to be pretty informative, despite some errors that I spot occasianally. I've read a couple issues of Newtype USA, but it seems to be mainly a bunch of pretty pictures and not that much information. Plus it's a lot to read and expensive.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
swordoath

My main problem with enjoying any anime-centered magazine is that they all seem to focus heavily on the titles I don't want to know about. If there was a more centralized, mecha/sci-fi/action anime magazine, I'd be very interested. Even the small sampling I've had of Newtype, which owes its very name to the genre, seemed to try and detach itself when possible.

This is probably a very general statement and I will likely be corrected quickly, but from what I've witnessed, these are my findings.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
Nightwing03

I've read a few issues of both, but i did like Newtype USA much more than Anime Insider, because theres more stuff on mecha, Anime Insider is about Anime in general..
♣♦♠♥
The Big Zabowski

I used to read Newtype USA, have the "import" test issue from 03 ish IIRC that had cover art of Raxephon. Good magazine overall and unlike many others, I think it IS worth the 100 dollar subscription (though I never got one and instead bought it from media play on the news stands)

The most thing I remember about it back then, was that there was a good amount of action and Scifi anime reviewed at that time with much emphasis on SEED as it came out in the states. Hell the first issue had SEED cover art..<_<

But I haven't been keeping track of it since about 2005 so yeah..if it's changed I wouldn't know about it.

If I can find the second copy of the test issue that still has the cover on it, I might upload scans from that test issue if anyone hasn't seen it. That alone was why I spent 11 dollars an issue on it.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)