For the Guys - Shaving: Necessary or Do You Hate It???

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Do you enjoy facial shaving?

Yes! OMG Favorite Thing of The Day!
7%
No, But My GF Hates Stubble...
5%
Eh, I Don't Shave Every Day, But I Don't Hate Shaving
74%
BEARDED ALL THE WAY!
14%

Total votes: 43
lalahsghost

EZero8 wrote:"Who knew shaving would show up in a Mecha site?...."
Deus EpS Machina wrote:never thought this sort of topic would come up here...but ok
Strangely, I wanted to do this post for like two or three weeks since shaving was the only thing annoying in my life at the time. I thought of all the things to talk about, and the processes, etc etc, then sat down and posted it! Its shows that nearly any kind of post can be productive if it is elaborate enough (Although there are a lot of parts I botched up on or left out/forgot...)!
Camille Vidan wrote:I love shaving, It's one of the most manly things in the world(right next to dressing up as Genghis Khan and beating women), and it makes you pretty. I do it every day.
TOO FUNNY!
Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:I used to have one of the Braun ones like Lalah's Ghost, but the thing broke on a regular basis -- it was apparently a common problem, because Braun stopped making the replacement part needed to fix it. Now I use a Norelco instead.
EEP! I don't own one YET, but I'm glad I heard about this, maybe I should do some research on best 'lectric shavers.

What about facial products (sorry for slight pun) after shaving? I mean I use a light, oil-free astringent every day, but I don't go metro and get pro activ face forumla or a million other products... What about you guys?
Wedge14

Ha! I'm pretty metro, The exact products I use are and in this order.First i cover my face in steaming hot water to soften the hair and open up the pores, then i slap on some Nivea For Men Facial wash. Then i rinse that off with more hot water then go for Those Oxy pads i've been using since grade school, -then i shave- Then I moisturerize or if i'm working the streets that night I slap on some aftershave.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Deus EpS Machina

i have to shave three times a week simply cuz i cant stand the fuzz growning randomly where i dont want it to...especially mustaches God i hate those. I gotta do it moreso cuz if i dont, the fuzz mixes with the long hair and i become a certifiable hobo.

its not annoying, though, i rather like it, shaving that is.
Ravager

I shave once every 2 or three weeks using scissors and don't see what the fuss is about growing stubbles or a beard
ZeonfromHell

I grow patches. :cry: I use a Gillete Mach 3 and Edge Pro Gel (clean formula) every day (except maybe saturday or sunday). The only thing I can grow that loooks relatively normal is a chin goat. I really would like to have the Burt Renolyds Mustache or the Rob Halford look or maybe even the awesome Lemmy Kilmister look.
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Jack

Gillete Mach 3, King of Shaves gel, very hot water and Nivea aftershave moisturiser. Not had any spots or rashes for a good two and a half years now.
The Big Zabowski

My dad has the Reynolds 'stache. He's been sporting it since about 83 IIRC.. and he looks damn cool in it (without it, the pictures I've seen make him look like Donnie Osmond..*shudder*)

But yeah, I'm going for a cross between the Halford and Reynolds facial hair. I even contemplated growing a Jamotee (Jamie Hyneman goatee) once..but was told not to by everyone I know.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Scyron

lalahsghost wrote:words..
I hate it, but I also hate having a beard since it itches and is rather unsightly. so I'd say it comes down to am I bored enough or annoyed enough to shave it when the thought comes up.
Imperial

I hate the entire process of shaving, but I hate having facial hair even more, so I do my best to say smooth-faced.

In an ideal world, I could flip a switch that stops hair from growing in on y face. That way, I wouldn't have to deal with shaving or worry about stupid stubble if I go a few days without doing it.
This space for rent
swordoath

I personally don't dislike shaving, but I don't do it everyday; about two/three times a week.

I have two razors currently, both of which are electric. One is a flathead type and the other is the three-disc head type. I've only ever used an electric razor, personally -- I have some quality pre-shave liquid I use before shaving to ensure I get a nice trim without irritating my skin.

I'm currently sporting a standard goatee -- the whole "mustache down the sides of the mouth and past the chin" deal. My sideburns are usually regulated during haircut periods but if I notice them becoming a problem I take the trimmer to 'em. I've gone back and forth a few times between the goat and baby-clean, but I think I've come to the decision that I like my face with it on the best.

I start on my right cheek, worm my way across the face to the left, then go back to the right under the chin. Always seemed to work best that way.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
ZZ Gundam

I LOATHE shaving. I really do it as in frequently as possible, about every 2-3 days. Mercifully, my parents bought me an electric razor much like swordoath's. That made shaving tolerable, but it's still not, nor will it ever for be "fun" for me.
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
Volnixshin

GOD I hate shavcing and with my medication it grows in twice as fast, so I usually ignore shaving anything but the upper neck.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
EZero8

Speaking of shaving... I just gave myself a cut right about now when I shaved today. I look like a dork with those tissues stuck on my face, but I'd much rather get a clean shave with a razor rather than with an electric shaver. I really dont trust those things.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Wedge14

EZero8 wrote:Speaking of shaving... I just gave myself a cut right about now when I shaved today. I look like a dork with those tissues stuck on my face, but I'd much rather get a clean shave with a razor rather than with an electric shaver. I really dont trust those things.
Slap some aftershave on the cut. It's probably the best way to teach yourself to shave carefully. :lol:

swordoath

EZero8 wrote:Speaking of shaving... I just gave myself a cut right about now when I shaved today. I look like a dork with those tissues stuck on my face, but I'd much rather get a clean shave with a razor rather than with an electric shaver. I really dont trust those things.
I've never had a problem with an electric razor, and it's all I've ever used. Plus, most electric razors are guaranteed not to cut your skin as long as the blade guard isn't compromised. That's why they have that grating on them.
Looking to trade Gundam War cards (US) -- looking for Brown especially. I have a BIG collection including URs and promos. PM me for details!
EZero8

I'm not saying that the electric shaver is bad, but I simply wont use them. Something about them makes it very different from a razor, which is what I'm more comfortable with using despite the cuts I get every now and then. :P
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
swordoath

I think the weirdest thing in razors now is the electric blade razors -- the ones that look like a standard blade but use batteries to pulse.

Lets you have your cake and eat it too, I suppose.
Wedge14

swordoath wrote:I think the weirdest thing in razors now is the electric blade razors -- the ones that look like a standard blade but use batteries to pulse.

Lets you have your cake and eat it too, I suppose.
I use one of those. And I dunno what that vibrating does..but some how its alot smoother and closer shave afterwards.

Those people at the Razor company...there wizards i know it.

Soran

i use a Gillete Mach 3, together with their shaving gel, because i have pretty rough skin and i stand a very good chance of cutting myself without it

Unfortunately my father's side is known for having fast-growing facial hair that grows downwards, especially at the chin, giving the old Chinese kungfu master look. I'm seriously contemplating getting something to clear out my facial hair at the roots...
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

Its always a pain when you shave in the morning and by the time you about to head off for a nights clubbing your stubbles come back!!! I've been able to grow a big beard since i was about 14-15 and I know people now in there late teen early 20's who still can't.

I decided to avoid electric razors cos they don't work with my skin and they tend to leave so much hair on my face...wet shaving while showering now...much better.

Smoooooth...oh yeah :D
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick