Round 1, Fight 4: Neo Brazil vs. Neo Spain

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

Round 1, Fight 4: Neo Brazil vs. Neo Spain

THIRD GUNDAM FIGHT
ROUND 1, FIGHT 4
NEO BRAZIL vs. NEO SPAIN

- Grand Canyon, Arizona -

December 3rd, FC 16

Early in morning in Arizona. The Sun has just cleared the horizon. The stands around the edge of the Grand Canyon are packed full of spectators from Neo Brazil and Neo Spain.

A sort of force fence has been put up along the edge of the canyon to protect that stands, and the people within, from any stray attacks from the Gundam Fighters. Otherwise, the entire Grand Canyon is open as a ring for the contestants.

The announcer blares over the speakers, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming to the fourth fight of the 3rd Gundam Fight finals! This match pits two fighters who have been given high hopes from just about every analyst! Now, let's not waste any more time.

"In this fight, we have Akinkawon Zeferino d'Santos Bisneto, representing Neo Brazil in the Luta Livre Gundam!"

Those supporting Akin in this fight burst into wild applause. Enough instruments were snuck in that crowd members, many in full body paint, began playing the anthem in support.

"His opponent will be Juan Fernando Alvarez Santiago de Compostela, representing Neo Spain in the Gundam Don Quixote!"

Neo Spain's supporters gave their own joyous applause. Somwhere in the crowd, a gigantic Neo Spanish flag, requiring two people to support, was waved back and forth.

"Now, will the contenders please enter the arena!"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ziryab

—Akinkawon Zeferino d'Santos Bisneto—
—Neo Brazil—
—Luta Livre Gundam—

Groggy and squint eyed, during this time of morning people would still be waking up.

Yet it seemed someone had forgotten to tell this crowd.

Akinkawon grinned.

Reveling in the ecstatic cheering, for both him and his rival, crackling through the air; reverberating off canyon walls to the point of believing he could feel their energy through his mobile fighter.

Akinkawon slid on his mask. It was unlike the trace suit in the sense that it was merely a mask. A mask that not only matched his trace but was a replica of his entertainment wrestling mask from his times as a lucha libre, which was quite different from his times in the luta livre ring—regular freestyle wrestling. Mr. Acrobat, his luchador fans called him. And this mobile fighter made that name far more apparent than he usually could outside it.

True, he had performed before visible audiences countless times. As freestyle wrestler, as capoeirista, as luchador and as singer-musician but none of those meant anything like this to him. Representing an entire nation as some sort of olympiad. The repercussions of his successes and failures in the final round were to numerous and long lasting for him to calculate. And yet as nerve racking as it felt there was still that feeling above it all…

Exhilaration!

"Now, will the contenders please enter the arena!"

From the Gundam came Akinkawon’s voice. A familiar—to family, friends and fans—rumbling laughter followed by joyous ululation.

Entering the arena the Luta Livre Gundam corkscrew leapt into the air. Performing a corkscrew flip, followed by another then half of a third one before landing on a hand. Without the need of thrusters the body followed the machine’s twisting arm into a handspin, kicking and whirling about dust and pebbles in a minor twister. The Gundam was slowing to a stop and just as fluidly began to right itself up. One leg began to sweep back, and the so did the arm on the same side—sweeping away the cloud as if it were a cape. The other arm shot upwards to the crowds on both sides, the hand making a V-for- Victory symbol.

“SHOWTIME!!!!”
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Cardi Doorl

"All systems check out, Conde. Good to go."

Fernando hardly noticed the mechanic give him the all-green. He had just finished putting on his trace suit and was looking forward and slightly upward, as though to a distant horizon. His crew had long come to expect this from him. The mechanic shrugged and left.

Before the cockpit hatch closed, Sancho leaned in.

"Listen, Juan," he muttered, using Fernando's first name as only those close to him could, "You've got to do well here. I received word that Princess Constanza came to Earth to view the Gundam Fights and is actually here today."

That snapped Fernando out of his distant gaze right quick. "The princess? Here?" His brow set into a determined glare as he clenched his hand into a fist, "Then I must win, for the honor of this fair maiden! I cannot let this beautiful flower down!"

Fernando closed the hatch shut and strode out into the Grand Canyon in the Gundam Don Quixote. The crowd cheered. He walked with his back arched proudly, like any self-respecting nobleman warrior, as he scanned around to find Princess Constanza.

He couldn't find her right away, and became aware he was wasting time. Well, not so much that he became aware as Sancho started shouting to him over the comm.

"Very well," sighed Fernando, then added, to the referee, "I am ready, but allow me one luxury..."

He drew his Tizona and bowed, as before an honorable swordfight of old, by sweeping the blade low in front of him and then bending low at the waist whilst setting a foot back.

"My friend, it will be an honor to face you on the field of battle as a warrior of honor against another of his kind. Let us bring glory to our peoples."

Wingnut

"Very well," sighed Fernando, then added, to the referee, "I am ready, but allow me one luxury..."

The Neo Italian judge nodded the head of his mech and allowed the fighter to make his gesture.
It would be an interesting match to be sure considering the location. It would also be difficult to get a viewpoint if the two fighters decided to run to one part of the canyon for some reason. As such the referee was perched on one of the upper edges of the canyon and equipped with a "camera gun" to help in keeping track of the fighters and would skirt along the edge of the canyon as the fighters moved.

"My friend, it will be an honor to face you on the field of battle as a warrior of honor against another of his kind. Let us bring glory to our peoples."

Seeing that the Spaniard had concluded his one luxury, the Neo Italian shouted
"Gundam fight! Reaaady? ...GO!"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Ziryab

A grin creased Akinkawon’s face. The mannerism and statement of Juan Fernando further easing him. Yet as he return’s the gentleman’s bow in imitation he could not help but raise an eyebrow.

There were still courtly and knightly nobles running around in this day and age?!

“Sim <Yes>!” Akinkawon agreed, anyway. “Neither foes nor rivals but respective heroes,” the Luta Livre Gundam rose to its feet just as Juan was, “displaying the pride of our peoples in friendly competition.”

Indeed! Akin and his Gundam nodded.

“Deixe-nos começar <Let us begin>!!!”

The Luta Livre Gundam sprinted to one side ((we’ll say… oh, left)) of the canyon. Charging down the canyon, without needing to thrust he juked to the other side of the canyon. A few seconds later he juked back to the other side, and just as he would have juked again Akinkawon’s Gundam instead began running up along the wall.

Depending on what came next he would attempt to strike directly, bounding off the wall, or side flip to the other side if his opponent decided to attack. In his mind he was more prepared to perform the latter.

Cardi Doorl

This is it! I couldn't find her, but the princess is watching this very fight! I'm sure she is a lovely flower, so I must do her honor!

Fernando ignited the Tizona and lunged, shield-first, and the leaping Luta Livre Gundam with a horizontal slash.

Ziryab

At such a time and situation Akinkawon’s mind raced, I’ll err on the side of caution! Especially given that the only way to effectively fight his current opponent was to get in close. Past his weapon and shield.

His opponent lunging at him—faster than expected—with held breath Akinkawon side flipped to the other side of the canyon. Thankful that the task was made somewhat easier by Fernando using a horizontal slash rather than vertical, otherwise he would have to avoid the heat weapon’s upward or downward arc as well.

Impacting the other canyon wall harder than expected, the thrusters quickly activated to free him and send him towards the ground and behind Fernando.

Unfortunately, the celerity at which he launched himself groundwards—not wanting to lose time in his attack—caused him to overshoot further behind the Don Quixote Gundam than he wanted. Behind his opponent as he hit the ground, but before taking the chance to ground his footing, Akinkawon launched the thrusters again. Propelling himself in an awkward and hasty shoulder charge at Fernando.

Hopefully before the noble could fully turn around.

Cardi Doorl

Fernando spun around, seeing the shoulder charge in his perihperal vision as he did so.

Well, perfect, then. As he spun, he ripped off his heavy matador cape and sidestepped with the graceful precision of a professional matador. Essentially whipping the cape into Akin's face with his left hand, Fernando jabbed forward with his Tizona like a bullfighter going in for a one-stroke kill.

The only problem with his move, however, was that the fact that he was doing it whilst spinning and sidestepping meant he had uneasy balance.

Ziryab

In that awkward, thrust assisted, shoulder charge both Akin's feet were already off the ground.

His opponent's movements were still quicker than he expected as it began to turn and remove its cape in almost a single unending movement. That he did not expect. Yes there were other Gundams wearing capes, and he fought a few, yet those capes were mainly for show. You did not expect the wearer to use them effectively.

Like he was some sort of matador, Akin worried as the red caped blocked much of his vision. Unable to stop he sped up further, wanting to outrun whatever attack and snatch the cape away.

He speed up in the closing distance. Yet before he move his arms to reach for it pain scrapped across his lower back. Forcing him to clench his teeth. Mimicking his body the Gundam itself let jerked in reaction.

Rather than reaching for the cape, Akin reflexive swatted as he past Fernando like a charging bull. The swatting motion aided Akin in turning around. Still in the initial throes of pain the Gundam turned to Fernando, skidding to a stop on one knee while the free hand laid on Akin's lower back.

Slidding to a stop Akin initiated a burst of head vulcan fire. Cursing himself as he did so because he would have to re-attempt the procedure of getting closer to his opponent. The vulcan rounds, the Gundam matching his head movements, were inproperly aimed as Akin's head was tilted downwards as he fired. He quickly tilted the burst upwards towards Fernando.

Cardi Doorl

Akin's move was unexpected. Most opponents, when faced with Fernando's matador tactic, instinctively slowed down in hopes of swerving away. What they didn't know was that slowing down inevitably made it easier for Fernando to make a clean beheading stroke.

What the Neo Brazilian did, however, was speed up, which threw off Fernando's timing. The Tizona nicked the Luta Livre Gundam's back which, while painful, was hardly enough to end the match. Fernando staggered to regain his footing, but was soon firmly on his feet again.

The now-kneeling opponent Gundam let loose with its vulcans, starting with a low aim and creeping up. The early round pelted Fernando's feet and shins, causing the familiar pinprick sensation. It was worse for Fernando than it was for most other Gundam Fighters, as his Gundam's armor was relatively light, but was still more or less negligible. As the line of vulcans round made their way up the height of the Gundam Don Quixote, Fernando brought up his left arm, which had both his shield and his matador cape. Vulcan round pinged loudly off the metal.

Fernando didn't stay still during this, though. With his shield arm before him and sword arm behind, he thruster-dashed through the hail of bullets and, when he was just within range, spun his torso, lashing out the cape diagonally before following up with a sweeping horizontal swipe of the Tizona.

Ziryab

An opportunistic grin creased Akin’s face as he sounded one of his weapon’s voice activation codes.

“Curvatura acima <buckle up>!” upon seeing the Don Quixote Gundam the left arm with shield and length of cape go up. The cacophonous sound of vulcan rounds ricocheting followed. Small buckler like objects protruded from each forearm and began to glow. The bucklers began to produce a beam based shielding barely bigger than the circumference of his forearms.

Pushing off from the ground into a charge he brought his arms up and in front, raising an eyebrow himself as Fernando, instead of sidestepping when blocking the rounds, was coming in fast. Faster than Akin was charging as the Spaniard thruster charged towards him.

Gritting his teeth as the distance quickly closed, Akin kept his aim low, towards his opponent’s body for a grapple. Forearms before his own body, a low growl fled through his teeth as he neared. Bracing for whatever impact came. Now if only he could focus his aim without that blasted cape in his way.

Cardi Doorl

OOC: Okay, I now have no excuse for taking so darn long with this… 

IC:
Fernando felt the rush of what appeared to be victory in his grasp. The enemy was entangled, or at least bamboozled, by the cape being swung at him, which was just what Fernando had intended.

He’s a good fighter, though. A lesser man would’ve been eliminated by my matador thrust earlier, but he evaded it. This man is truly a worthy knight and adversary. Because of this, I will have to be careful in case he finds a way to survive this.

Fernando’s horizontal swing flew forward, aimed carefully to gracefully sever the Luta Livre Gundam’s head at the neck. Should it miss, or not finish the opponent as intended, then Fernando would swerve to the right and continue his dash past Akin in order to get clear and put some distance again.

Ziryab

((Hopefully this suits you better than my last post. And it’s been a while since I watched the show, and I couldn’t keep up with the Egypt-Australia OOC debate… so… does any pain register when the neck or head is hit?))

The tip of the swords deadly arc began to bite into the Luta Livre Gundam’s neck.

Akin’s main camera suddenly, violently, began flickering.

Just before the heat weapon could cut its way any deeper, the further/central portion of the blade crashed into the forearm beam shields. The mobile trace suit detected the hit—which explained the sudden flicker.

“Finding” the Dong Quixote’s heat sword, Akin jerked himself into the direction the sword as his main camera began flickering on and on repeatedly. Depriving the sword of any chance and momentum to cut deeper and possibly decapitate the machine. Somewhere amidst the on and off flickering of his camera he saw Fernando swerve away.

Skittish and nearly blinded, Akin repelled himself to the canyon wall. Slamming his back into it then squatting low with the forearms held up at the sides of his neck. Mini-screen popped up in the cockpit telling him of the damage to the neck area.

The main camera continued flicking off and on.

Blinded he sporadically he began wilding firing the head vulcans from between the two forearms. Forward, up, left, down, right, generally everywhere the shots of the head vulcans went until another mini-screen popped twice. Once telling him the vulcans were low on ammo and the second putting his ammo count as empty.

Akin gave up on his head camera and switched to the Mobile Fighter’s secondary cameras. Nervously he began to look for his opponent, squatting lower for and still prepared for any further incoming attack.

Cardi Doorl

OOC: I don't think that was actually resolved, so we'll play it by ear, eh? :P

IC:
The opponent seemed staggered, and even a little bewildered, by Fernando's hit, which came oh-so-close to finishing the fight.

"How resilient!" gushed Fernando, "What a fighter! To keep going after taking such a hit!"

Then Akin spewed off the vulcans in what appeared to be desperation.

"It seems he has lost his composure," commented Fernando, knitting his brow as he felt many of the vulcan shots slam into various parts of his body. He raised his shield to cover his face in order to prevent head damage.

Then the vulcan rounds stopped rattling against his armor. The stinging pains were still there where he'd been hit in unshielded areas, but no more bullets were coming. Fernando lowered his sheild to see the Luta Livra Gundam apparently not going on the offensive, but instead remaining defensive.

"Then I must end this," sighed Fernando. He then added, for all the world as though this were a fight to the death, "Farewell, good friend. It was an honor to face a knight as honorable as you."

Fernando once again thrusted at his opponent at full speed. This time, he used an alternate tactic: when he got close enough, he threw his heavy cape at Akin, then made a horizontal swing for the neck. This time, however, the swing was across his chest - left to right.

Ziryab

The secondary cameras may not have been that great in comparison to the main head camera, but he would have to make due nonetheless. At least he could still track the Don Quixote. Meanwhile, on a small sub-window the main camera was still having its spastic fits.

Tracking Fernando’s Gundam in a less than stellar image, Akin began breathing a little easier. Swaying, side to side at the hips with each breath, Akin began to stand, while Fernando began to lower his shield around the same time. Akin also turned off his beam emitters too. Partially out of response to Fernando shield lowering, but mostly not wanting the beam emitters to overheat and become useless should he need to use them again.

If he could use them again!

Despite the swaying Akin’s body began to shudder. This was a risk well worth taking but still nerve racking enough with this opponent. But his composure was sealed upon hearing Fernando through the open channel comm.

An irritated back. A partially severed head. That’s not enough!!! Akin’s mind roared at him. More at himself than Fernando. The Luta Livre Gundam’s left hand clasped onto the head while his right arm rhythmically swung outward. Keeping it from possible tearing off during Akin’s counterattack.

Unable to respond with a witty retort Akin gave a boisterously hearty laugh. the Luta Livre Gundam swaying left and right at the hips as the Don Quixote rocketed forward.

That’s it, Akin tried not to hold his breath in those few seconds. Show me that beautifully foppish cape of yours again, noting that every time the cape was used a sword stroke followed. He merely had to wait for the cape and immediately followed with his own feint.

“BONITO <Beautiful>!” he cried, watching the cape come forward as predicted. Though he did not expect for it to actually be thrown at him as if Fernando was sparing Akin the dignity of viewing his own demise—but that meant little as Akin began to purposely fall backwards at the sight of the cape. The Luta Livre began twisting to its right while the right hand began reaching it and the left leg beginning to rise upwards at the Don Quixote in a kick.

Yet even as he did this Akin yelped out in pain! Instead of Fernando’s horizontal sword stroke moving right to left—barely passing by the Luta Livre as it twisted right—the sword instead swung left to right. Scarring along the Gundam’s left breast and nearly taking off the left machine cannon mounted in the chest. Of course much of Fernando’s movement was heavily shrouded by that cape.

Even if this did not connect the momentum, along with a thruster tap could carry him into a dual legged, hand spin much like he did during his entrance. And even if that missed he could tilt himself forward and pitch a double footed kick at his opponent. All he needed to do was shrug off the searing burn across his left pec and ride it out as he moved.

Cardi Doorl

The cape created a veil of confusion as the two fighters clashed. Fernando was sure he'd scored some kind of hit with his Tizona as they met, but somehow along the way he felt his opponent's leg strike him, sweeping him to the side. The Gundam Don Quixote skidded along its left shoulder for a short distance before coming to a stop on its side a distance away from its opponent.

Fernando was quickly back on his feet in a half-crouch position. It appeared Akin was still not defeated, despite Fernando's repeated onslaughts. Through the throbbing pain in his right arm from Akin's leg, Fernando quickly ran through his options.

He gets hurt every time I attack. His head is in such bad shape that he needs to hold it up with his hand to keep it from ripping off when he moves. This is a time to give him no quarter, as surely I can finish him eventually at this rate.

Clutching his Tizona anew and held it low near his hip and to the right. It was like this that he ran, this time without thruster assistance, at his opponent. He had to make sure Akin didn't get any room to breathe, and did this by running and preparing to swing once again - this time a two-handed upward diagonal swing from bottom-right to top-left.

Ziryab

Completing a single spin Akin came to a stop. Less due to the impact and sensation of his kick connecting with the Don Quixote. More due to the problem of becoming tangled in Fernando’s thrown cape. Almost falling over it as he landed into a crouch with a hand still on his head.

Manhandling with his free right hand, a frustrated Akin grappled with the cape. Pulling it from under him and off his legs while the Don Quixote Gundam got back on its feet.

Winning a minor victory against the cape as Fernando began barreling towards him, Akin used the left hand once holding his head to pull for an extra length of cloth that he was already using to cover his right forearm. He quickly commanded for the right forearm shield to activate as he bent his knees and pitched himself forward. Leaning in with the hidden, beam shielded forearm to take the blow.

Despite the briefness Fernando had closed the gap between them Akin still wanted to meet the fighter head on in that small distance left between them. Yet, rather than the horizontal stroke he had come to expect from his opponent, the blow was upward. Forcing Akin, and his Luta Livre Gundam in turn, to straighten their knees and lift their bodies from the impact of sword and shield.

Being bounced back as he was by the impact, Akin desperately attempted not to lose his chance. Using his right forearm and free left hand, he shoved the cape back onto Fernando and awkwardly shoved himself forward with his own thrusters before regaining a footing.

Cardi Doorl

The opponent was staggered back, but not finished, by Fernando's swing. To make matters worse, the Brazilian had thrown the cape right back in what appeared to be a tactic to buy time so he could regain his composure and have some room to breath.

Fernando pulled the cape from his face and tossed it aside, regaining his vision and seeing that the Luta Livre Gudam had regained footing.

Surely his options are limited so long as his neck is as damaged as it is...

Fernando took a powerful step forward on his right leg, as though he were about to sprint. Instead, however, he used it to spring himself high upward, a leap several times his opponent's height. As he came down fast, Fernando swung his Tizona once again as he had the first time - in a horizontal right-to-left sweep. The descent, however, meant the slash was somewhat angled.

Ziryab

((One last gambit, ne? Hopefully this isn’t too much of a bunnying? I think that’s what it’s called.))

“THRUSTERS!!!”

Akin had no intention to wait. Especially after wasting time in watching Fernando make his jump. Secondary cameras being tasked with tracking the Don Quixote Gundam; Akin took his own initiative. A small squat and pushing himself upwards by the knees, the Luta Livre Gundam began rocketing skyward while the Don Quixote made its rapid descent.

The celeritous simultaneous action of both MFs was far too rapid for Akin to raise his still beam protected forearms in defense.

Akin yelled out as a result. The Don Quixote’s tizona slipping through the forming crook of the Luta Livre’s left arm to protect its head. The weapon reaching into the Gundam’s shoulder.

“—not yet,” through gritted teeth as the thrusters were still on. Lifting him upwards still.

“MACHINE CANNONS!!!” Grasping the wrist still attached to the sword with the Luta Livre’s left, Akin tilted forward at an angle. Not just to aim the machine cannons mounted on the main body but also to move in closer while the two were in midair.

Akin groaned in pain as his right arm moved to wrap about Fernando’s waist. Akin wanted to grin at himself as he immediately, without warning, jerked backwards. As if he would have thrown Fernando over his right shoulder. But instead Akin held onto his catch, intending to merely point and fly both of them head first towards the ground. Making their way there with thrusters on high and spinning in a corkscrew.

Cardi Doorl

OOC: Actually, there's no bunnying going on in your RP ;)

IC:
Fernando had made a fatal mistake. He'd taken the battle to the air, and was thus playing right into Akin's strength. In a blur, he was in his opponent's clutches and no longer in control of his aerial maneuvers. Before he knew what was going on, he was going into a corkscrew straight into the ground. He felt hot pain as something tore into his armor; he couldn't see what they were, but they felt like machine cannon rounds.

Unable to reverse the grapple, Fernando and the Gundam Don Quixote smashed headfirst into the bottom of the Grand Canyon. The force of the impact completely shattered the Gundam's head beyond recognition. What the force did to the Luta Livre Gundam's barely-connected head was yet to be seen, as Fernando's screens all went dark.

Floored and in pain, Fernando came to the humbling realization that he'd been defeated.