Scorpio and Oz

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Would it have helped?

Oz becoming bigger stronger superpower?
42%
Oz defeated..again?
58%

Total votes: 12
Volnixshin

Scorpio and Oz

So I was rereading Battlefield of Pacifists last night, and it got me wondering. If Oz had gotten ahold of Vulkanus, all those mobile Dolls, and Scorpio earlier when the war was still raging, you think they would have had a better chance turning the tide.
And who would have piloted Scorpio is its MD was turned off.

(Man that Scorpio is massive!)

On a similer not, if Oz had also gotten ahold of the G-Units as planned originally, would they also turn the tide of the war?
Wingnut

Well, the G Units would have been a better asset when dealing with the 5 Gundams as the best way to take out a Gundam in the AC is to use another Gundam or equilivent mobile suit.

The Scorpio I'm not so sure about though.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Phantomexe87

Unfortunatel the G Boys have plot immunity, would it have slowed them down... probably. It is a similar question to UC's Gundam had the Big Zam been mass produced, or the Gelgoog rolled out earlier, it is just too little too late.
Aegis

Compared to the Gundams, the Scorpio and some of the G-Units like the Hydra Gundam and the Griepe look relatively large. >> As for the topic, I most certainly don't quite see this as being the same scenario as the Gelgoog in the original series, considering what really did OZ in was more of White Fang entering the ranks and neutering them from the inside.

I definitely can say that any side that has any of the G-Units would certainly be much, much better off (so long as you have pilots who can handle the PX System, of course), since a single Gundam by itself already represents an army, let alone five G-Units. The Scorpio itself also proved to be a one man army against even the G Boys so long as the pilot is actually competent. So, assuming none of those power struggles or rebel factions come in and lay waste to Oz, whether it be early or late, I honestly do think that they can make AC history look a little more interesting to say the least if given all the G-Units and the Scorpio.

It's almost a certainty that White Fang retrieving the G-Units themselves would've likely made Operation Meteor a success. Epyon and the G-Units is a group you don't want to mess with.
Dark Duel

Even assuming White Fang makes their move, if OZ still fields the Scorpio and G-Units against them, the Virgo IIs won't stand a chance, and Zechs is gonna have Heero AND Valder to deal with, minimum.
So White Fang VS G-Boys VS Oz+G-Units+Scorpios = OZ wins.

You know what'd REALLY be interesting to throw into the mix as well? The Serpents. Of course, since they're manned Mobile Suits, White Fang wouldn't bother, leaving those to OZ as well, which would tilt the odds from overwhelmingly in OZ's favor to insurmountably in OZ's favor.

Wouldn't that be interesting.

(And don't even get me started on "What if TGIII had been completed in time" either. According to its profile on MAHQ, that was intended to be Treize's originally, so it'd be going to OZ as well, tilting the odds STILL more in OZ's favor.)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Volnixshin

For the sake of it all, I'm going to say, that if Oz had gotten the G-Units, they would have Odin and Odel piloting them since they are already designated pilots.
Crusader

Speaking of the Md's, it just occured to me (after rereading the G-unit manga) that the MD system could be hacked. So I believe Berg could have have hacked the MD's of the White fang as he did in the Manga, and im positive if Tuborov survived.

Seeing how White fang relied heavily upon the MD's in the last battles of ther series, im sure they would have been crushed ensuring OZ another victory.
Volnixshin

As it stands with the polls were evenly matched. In my own opinion, with two G-UNits, possibly the Hydra (which was built to take down the Big 5 anyway, with stealth Jammers and all) the Scorpio, and all the MDs...Heero, as much as I love him and his gang of super aces would lose.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."