New fanfic: Gundam Seed Phoenix

Your own tale of two mecha.
Antares

New fanfic: Gundam Seed Phoenix

As I threatened when I introduced myself, I might at some point give you guys a link to the drivel I've been pushing out.

You can find the thing here:
http://gundamseedphoenix.wordpress.com/

Please note that there is an OVA before the actual series. This is my alternate universe third installment to the Gundam Seed -"saga". It is very much a product of my brain using the setting and the biggest player readily available. I don't know how much I should ramble about it here since there are several pages in the blog that explain my motivation for writing the thing, and why does it appear to be in script -format.

I will post in this thread as well whenever I release a new episode, that is, if there are people interested in it. The enthusiasm of my beta-reader is not an unbiased opinion. :)

So take a look and feel free to comment. I've tried to weed out horribly inconsistent issues or downright impossibilities, but there might be some. If I can, I will fix those when you find them. :)

Oh and it is also uploaded periodically to the blog in .pdf -format if you don't want to read it in a browser. I've taken the liberty of creating a link from the blog to MAHQ since a lot of the technical stuff can be found so much easier here. I hope that is okay.

EDIT: I finally fixed the link on the first page!

Stickied for SIX whole months.~FF
Last edited by Antares on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Antares

Episode 5 is up. 6 probably mid-week, next week. Hopefully this won't become a monologue. :P
--
Update: Six is up.
Antares

Monologue it is, I guess. :P
Anyway, seven is up. And a bit of remodelling at the site, I think it might be easier to navigate now.
--
Again an edit instead of a new post. I don't want to feel like a spammer. But 200 views, w000t! And eight is up with some other stuff.
Antares

Episode nine is up, with again some general stuff added as well. I also got a few fanarts (well two on Athrun and one on Mave), but I am still hoping to get some mecha fanart. I posted a request in the the Request thread, so please if you have extra time and would like to make SOLARIS GUNDAM come to life on paper, I would greatly appreciate it. Other than that, stay tuned for more updates.

And I also managed to end a dry spell in my writing, so I am progressing a bit. Maybe I'll even make it to the end one day. 8)
Antares

Still selling my wares here. I will put up episode 10 shortly, with an excerpt to tantalize you. ;) Plus I will probably put up a few mecha profiles for the fanfic in this thread as well, mods permitting, if nice people want to make pretty pictures of mechas for me. :P
Antares

Right. Episode 10 is up alongside more mechas! The episode can be found through the frontpage:
http://gundamseedphoenix.wordpress.com//

You can find the mecha-profiles for the latest episodes from the listings too.

Also an exceprt from episode 10 - Deceiving Appearances:
[The camera goes outside the suits again, and to the ORIONGRASPERs. The sensors on both sides of the hull of the fighters send red laser guidance beams, which connect with the mobile suits. The thruster packs detach from the drone-fighers, and ignite their auxiliary thrusters to help them dock with the mobile suits. The fighters fall back, returning to base, and the thruster packs set up for the linking procedure and deployment. The first five slide carefully into position into the backs of the Titan Wing ENFORCER mobile suits, which first eject their regular Aile -packs. The SOLARIS folds its wings back and they press against the back of the mobile suit, as the bigger thruster pack approaches it. The pack is securely fastened, and the huge boosters deploy wider, starting glow brightly until they fire with a deafening roar. The twin cannons slide in place on the shoulders of the SOLARIS, which turns around dramatically in the air, cathing the shield also ejected from the fighter in its left arm, and then flashes its eyes again. Camera to Athrun in the cockpit.]
Athrun: Okay, prepare for full blast in five, four, three, two, one, GO!
[Athrun is pressed against his seat as his mobile suit feeds power to the thrusters. All the mobile suits leave a glowing trail of vapor behind them. They burst through the black clouds and into clear skies. The light of the rising sun glints beautifully of the hulls of the mobile suits. The camera shows the fly-by of the mobile suits right past the camera. Camera once more to Athrun.]
Frederick: [on the radio, on Athrun’s screen] Colonel, once we get to the spaceport and into space, what course shall we take?
Athrun: [face set in determination] To the space beyond PLANT. To the backyard of the Hammer of ZAFT. To find captain Yzak Jule.
[Splitscreen, all the pilots slightly surprised. Nonetheless, the suits continue on their path.]
So there you go. The exceprt is not completely correctly displayed, but it gives you enough clues as to what it looks like. Oh and as mentioned before, I recommend Firefox. IE throws the fonts and styles completely out of whack.

EDIT: Fixed the links to refer to the correct place.
Last edited by Antares on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antares

Episode 11 up: Gundam Stolen! -Again!

New GUNDAMs, ECLIPSE and INFERNO step up and out.
Officer: General alert! The GUNDAMs are now loose! Send all inner-colony mobile suits to contain them!

Officer#2: Wouldn’t it be smarter to let them out before they wreck the whole place? I mean it’s a walking weapon of mass destruction inside a pressurized tube of metal in space.

[As the main officer hesitates, a third one pipes in.]

Officer#3: How did this happen in the first place? How can our security be so sloppy again with these things?

Officer#2: How do you mean? This happened before?

Officer#3: Stolen GUNDAMs? Oh yeah, you wouldn’t believe it how many times [7]. No one ever hides the keys.

Officer: Shut up both of you, they’re not going to get stolen this time!

[Officer#3 makes a suggestive expanse of his arms, signifying there is very little they can do about it.]

Officer: And we’re not letting them flee to space, because they will always get away if they do!

[Officer#3 nods sagely in the background.]
Despite the humoric nature of the quote, there is some action for once. And the random [7] in there is a footnote. :)
Antares

Episode 12 is up now. I've been lazy to upload during the holidays although I had the time. Sorry about that. :)
Lazarr: [arches an eyebrow] Really? And why is that? The INFERNO is running low on energy and the pilot has become, it seems, increasingly erratic. The ECLIPSE alone is formidable but not a real threat.
Styx: I gather your engineers [shoots a sideways glance at the startled group] have explained the CRESCENT PANZER shield mechanism mounted on the ECLIPSE?
Lazarr: [suddenly very unsure] I know about it myself, it’s a shield system we copied from the Naturals after the last war to make a melee suit even more deadly as it can deflect beam weapons…
[Lazarr’s voice trails away, he opens his mouth and closes it again a few times. Then he turns to his engineers, who are desperately trying to think.]
Lazarr: How much can those shields take?
Engineer#1: Well, obviously they’re not designed for heavy beams like the PRISM, but the modification did suggest that the Colloid particle refined for the CRESCENT PANZER showed a strong deflection capability even with a positron beam…
Styx: But you don’t know. I see. Well gentlemen, the pilot of the ECLIPSE is about to test your shields.
Lazarr: [a panicky edge in his voice] It is a deflective system, right? Not a reflective?
[The engineers look physically ill, and Styx maintains his wooden expression.]
Lazarr: CAN HE REFLECT IT BACK?!
Engineer#1: It shouldn’t be possible under any circumstances…
Styx: [interrupts] Unless the pilot is a skilled Coordinator well versed with the systems of the suit he is piloting, sir. [to himself] Like someone in the development team.
Engineer#2: A Coordinator?! But the intruders were Naturals!
Styx: The INFERNO is piloted by a Natural, certainly, but the ECLIPSE is a different thing. It flies hesitantly but without the edges the INFERNO shows. After you’ve fought mobile suits so many times, you can tell the difference.
Lazarr: Is there still time to shoot it aside?
Styx: [looks meaningfully to the screen] No.
So there is a bit of an excerpt. Since I would like to get macha fanart for the Gundams in my fic, I'll post as profile here and if you like it, go for it. Use the technical details as basis though, please. :)
ZGMF XB09 HADES GUNDAM
The HADES is a GUNDAM made out of salvaged parts from ZAFT general mobile suits and the broken body of ZGMF-X666S LEGEND GUNDAM. Since the HADES has very little common with its predecessor, professor Kildare redesigned and re-assigned it almost entirely after her own vision. The hardpoint of the lost DRAGOON backpack was taken into new use for Kildare’s SCORPION TAIL weapon system, which basically consists of four curved extensions on the back of the GUNDAM, poised much like its namesake, with a beam cannon in the end. However what made the TAIL so different is the capability of the cannons to track enemies on their own and fire continuous beam fire in wide slashes. Although the beam is not very powerful, it can still slice the armor of a lesser mobile suit easily, and damage a GUNDAM. This provides cover also for the back of the mobile suit, so the pilot can concentrate on the enemy in front of him/her. The only problem is that the tracking system does not allow to target in melee. In addition to this beam weaponry, the HADES has a chest-mounted beam cannon. Unfortunately the N-Jammer Canceller of the LEGEND was lost, which means that until Kildare and recover a new one, the HADES cannot use a nuclear reactor, which has been replaced with a regular deuterion reactor with a lower output to give power to the TAIL. Similarly the beam shield had to be removed for the same reason. The HADES has also melee weaponry as its disposal. The HADES is also quite maneuverable, since it is not very heavy.
Model number: ZGMF-XB09
Code name: Hades Gundam
Unit type: redesigned attack mobile suit
Manufacturer: Hammer of ZAFT; Kildare.
Operator: Hammer of ZAFT
Dimensions: overall height 18.86 meters
Weight: max gross weight 76.0 metric tons
Construction: unknown
Powerplant: ultracompact deuterion reactor, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor.
Fixed armaments: 2 x MMI-GAU26 17.5mm CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head. MMI-558 “Tempest” beam sword, stored inside shield, hand-carried in use; shield, mounted on left arm. “Scylla” 580mm multi-phase energy cannon, mounted on chest. 4 x “Scorpion Tail” independent beam cannon stinger, mounted on backpack, diagonally.
Optional armaments: MA-M80S “Defiant Kai” beam javelin, stored in legs, hand-carried in use. MA-BAR78F high-energy beam rifle, power rating unknown.
[For reference on the TAIL, see http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/w/line ... tinger.jpg]
Carry on, nothing more to see here at this time. :wink:

EDIT: A nice milestone; fanfic installment as my 200th post.
Antares

Hooray for things that are excellent. Episode 13 - SOLARIS is up. See excerpt below:
[Athrun puts the rifle on the hip, and extends the wings of the SOLARIS once more. Now the lower pair of wings, tips turned downwards, come into play as the both free hands of the SOLARIS reach back and pull out from inside the wings heavy anti-mobile suit beam swords. The dramatic pause shows the SOLARIS in a deadly pose with the huge heavy swords and then it charges towards the HADES. The DRAGOON units fly to both sides of the SOLARIS, firing to the sides to keep the route clear. Athrun roars in the controls. As the SOLARIS approaches the HADES, the hatch opens and Nina, her uniform scorched and the visor of the helmet cracked, peers out. The image of the SOLARIS charging in, both swords drawn and poised, reflects on her broken visor, as does her terror. Suddenly the image is blocked by the PHANTOM of Daniel Bors, which has flown in front of the HADES to protect it.]
Daniel: [to himself] I really am an idiot… I don’t want her to die… [looks at Nina on a side screen] I must stop him. [roaring out loud] I am an elite pilot of the Hammer! Do not take me lightly!
[The PHANTOM sets its beam axe ready and puts his shields ready to block, Daniel in the cockpit looking fierce and intent. The camera zooms at the suit as it rotates, showing the proud emblem of the Ace of Diamonds emblazoned on the chest of the mobile suit. The SOLARIS speeds towards it, but suddenly stops, firing its side thrusters in midflight, and by doing so avoids the swipe of the beam axe Daniel slashed its way. The SOLARIS turns its shielded side towards the PHANTOM, and takes its arms back, both swords extended to the right for a sweep to the left. Predictably, Daniel over-recovers from the miss and slashes ineffectively at the shield, the closest target he sees. The arms of the SOLARIS snap forward and a broad roundabout sweep brings the both swords of the SOLARIS at the PHANTOM, both cleaving through shield and mobile suit, cutting it cleanly into three separate parts with electricity coursing between them. The SOLARIS bursts on past the wreck of the PHANTOM to slash at the HADES with the backhand swipe, now from right to left, creasing the chest armor deeply and decapitating the mobile suit, which goes grey and still immediately.The damaged mobile suit splutters sparks and fire, and Nina is thrown face down against the exit-hatch of the cockpit. SOLARIS blasts away from it, and the destroyed PHANTOM catches up to the laws of reality and blows up. The DRAGOON units fly behind the SOLARIS and give covering fire to Athrun’s retreat. The explosion of the PHANTOM throws Nina out of the cockpit of her mobile suit, which now looks quite demolished. The SOLARIS spins as it flies, destroying a pair of ZAKUs that ventured a bit too near, and the DRAGOONs take out another pair. At this point the flabbergasted pilots of the Hammer opt to stay at the fort and not pursue any further. They are quite in shock, Arvin included, staring out from the observation window, mouth hanging open.]
and another set of mecha specs in case someone feels like doodling this one:
ZGMF 212DF ECLIPSE GUNDAM
ECLIPSE GUNDAM is a part of the ongoing colloid particle research continued in ZAFT after the Second Bloody Valentine War, which lifted some restrictions placed on them. Since the particles require a lot of energy to function correctly, the ECLIPSE was constructed to test out the defensive capabilities of colloid particles when mounted on a mobile suit. The shields of the ECLIPSE shed a thin layer of colloid particles that reflect and deflect most incoming beams much like the original “Geschmeidig Panzer” energy deflection armor it is based on. The colloid system is named CRESCENT after the shape the particles form over the shields when viewed from the front directly. The creation of armor is a considerable drain on the ECLIPSE, which does have an ultracompact deuterion reactor to compensate. Regardless, the energy required for the particle accelerator makes it necessary to arm the ECLIPSE with non-beam weaponry, relying heavily on blades in melee and no ranged weapons at all. Furthermore, the reactor is not nuclear powered, since setting up an N-Jammer Canceller on the frame would’ve made cooling it impossible. The mobile suit is a prototype for new technology, and thus it was not expected to see prolonged combat before it was hijacked from ZAFT research laboratories in PLANT EPSILON. The idea was to use the ECLIPSE to shield other important GUNDAMs in combat from long range fire.
Model number: ZGMF-212DF
Code name: Eclipse Gundam
Unit type: prototype close combat/defensive stance mobile suit
Manufacturer: ZAFT. Integrated Design Bureau. Maddox – Kildare.
Operator: ZAFT, EDF
Dimensions: overall height 17.60 meters
Weight: max gross weight 86.00 metric tons
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor. Colloid particle accelerator, "Crescent Panzer" energy deflection armor on shields.
Fixed armaments: 2 x "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head. 2 x HT-212 "Crescent" beam edged blades, stored under shields. Twin-bladed, hand carried in use. Can be thrown out on a line as large beam blade shuriken. 1 x HT-190 "Armor Schneider Vier" short combat sword, stored across the back on hip armor, hand-carried in use. 2x RQM60 "Flash Edge" beam boomerang, mounted on shoulders.
Antares

UPDATEDNESS! Episode 14 is up. See excerpt:
Co-pilot: I lost the controls for the hangar doors. There are short circuits across the board.
[He jerks as a metallic groaning noise echoes through the hull of the vessel. The pilots look at each other in fear.]
Co-pilot: He wouldn’t…
[The camera switches inside the hangar, where the INFERNO is dragging up its equipment. A couple of mechanics scream at him, as one of their comrades lies crushed under a girder the mobile suit had carelessly dislodged. Vries sees them on his screen and he chuckles.]
Vries: Thanks for the ride, freaks…
[The INFERNO raises its beam bazooka and fires at the hangar doors, which blow out, pulling the screaming mechanics into the vacuum alongside the INFERNO. The INFERNO spins as it exits, and points the beam bazooka at the PELICAN.]
Vries: …and goodbye!
[The beam bazooka of the INFERNO fires into the hangar. The captain and his co-pilot share a second of shocked understanding before the blazing plasma fills the cockpit too and the whole transport blows up, and the INFERNO flies away and towards the battle to join up with the ECLIPSE.]
And also, to complement the ECLIPSE, here are the tech specs for the INFERNO.
ZGMF 456B INFERNO GUNDAM
INFERNO GUNDAM is the second prototype model of the ongoing colloid particle research continued in ZAFT after the Second Bloody Valentine War, which lifted some restrictions placed on them. Since the particles require a lot of energy to function correctly, the INFERNO was constructed to test out the offensive capabilities of accelerated and stimulated colloid particles when mounted on a mobile suit. The backpack of the GUNDAM holds a colloid particle accelerator and a plasma condenser, which supply the mobile suit with searing hot plasma to be released through the conduits inside the left arm. The plasma heater is named HELLFIRE for obvious reasons. The creation of searing plasma and containing it is a considerable drain on the INFERNO, which does have an ultracompact deuterion reactor to compensate for the energy loss. Regardless, the energy required for the particle accelerator means the INFERNO has only limited combat capabilities in addition to it. Weapons that use outsides power sources are preferred, but currently the INFERNO has been somewhat successfully outfitted with a heavy beam bazooka. Furthermore, the reactor is not nuclear powered, since setting up an N-Jammer Canceller on the frame would’ve made cooling it impossible. The mobile suit is a prototype for new technology, and thus it was not expected to see prolonged combat before it was hijacked from ZAFT research laboratories in PLANT EPSILON. The INFERNO was expected to be used with the ECLIPSE on its test flights to see how well the two mobile suits would complement each other.
Model number: ZGMF-456B
Code name: Inferno Gundam
Unit type: prototype close combat/defensive stance mobile suit
Manufacturer: ZAFT. Integrated Design Bureau. Maddox – Kildare.
Operator: ZAFT, EDF
Dimensions: overall height 17.60 meters
Weight: max gross weight 86.00 metric tons
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor. Colloid particle accelerator, "Hellfire" plasma condenser and conduit, mounted on backpack and left arm.
Fixed armaments: 2 x "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head. 1 x HT-190 "Armor Schneider Drei" short combat sword, in hip armor, hand-carried in use.
Optional hand armaments: MA-M222 "Judicium" beam bazooka, power rating unknown.
As usual, feel free to doodle something of the Inferno, and I'll be happy to receive such fanart to complement the text. :)
Antares

I was feeling frisky, so here is another episode up for grabs. Episode 15 - DAMOCLES is available, with new tech specs. The blog-page from where you can access the fanfic can be found above in this thread.

Here is an exceprt of Episode 15- DAMOCLES:
[The BLASTER fires its beam gatlings at the ICARUS, aiming at the head of the mobile suit. Even if it protected, by reflex when seeing beams fired straight at her, Chiiro moves the shield upwards for cover. This leaves the midsection now open, and Dearka goes for it, firing his large high-yield beam rifle. As before, the beam from the rifle is absorbed and the energy deflected by the armor, but the inertia of the hit still applies, and the ICARUS is thrown backwards. The other ENFORCERs shoot at the suit, but the no damage is made due to energy absorption. Chiiro is raging at the controls, and with sheer fury throws her mobile suit back against the ENFORCERs. She is coming right at Dearka now, who is taken aback by the sheer rage of the attack. As the BLASTER has no melee weapons, the hammer of the ICARUS threatens to fill Dearka’s field of vision. The ICARUS devastatingly slaps an ENFORCER aside to get to the BLASTER, raising the hammer for the strike. Just as the hammer starts to descend, it strike is deflected to the side by a beam shot. Dearka spins his head back to see the STRIKE DAGGER holding its beam rifle, supporting BLASTER from behind.]
Chiiro: [screams] You.. YOU!
[She turns toward the DAGGER, but by this time Dearka’s beam rifle is again put in line with the ICARUS, and fires. Distracted, Chiiro goes again flying back by the blast, spinning. Dearka thinks hard and quick about the situation.]
Dearka: Use melee-weapons! Get your beam sabers out!
[The pilots acknowledge this, and put their rifles behind their backs during this brief respite and pull out the beam sabers. The DAGGER flies next to the BLASTER and hands one of its beam sabers to the BLASTER (as it has none of its own). Dearka, still confused, accepts it gratefully.]
Dearka: [wondering out loud] Who are you?
[Camera moves to the cockpit of the DAGGER, showing unpredictably Mave in the controls. He contacts the BLASTER, but with audio only.]
Mave: I’m a friend. I work for the UPA, too.
[Dearka is surprised, but keeps his eye on the ball, so to speak. He takes the beam saber and sets the rifles behind the back of his suit again for easy access, and charges in with the other ENFORCERs. Chiiro, despite her irrational state, understands she might be in trouble now. She swings with the hammer wildly in large arcs, but her strikes threaten to leave her open to the ENFORCERs’ beam sabers. She fires her beam weapons again to fend off the ENFORCERs a bit. The hammer is parried and snapped away by an ENFORCER, which loses its arm in the process. The BLASTER moves forward to take the brunt of the assault, protecting the less armored ENFORCERs. Dearka takes a hit from the beam gun to the shoulder of the BLASTER, but accepts it in order to get closer. The shoulder is scorched and a bit melted and the gatling beam gun on that shoulder is demolished, but further damage was avoided. Chiiro desperately pulls out her own beam saber from the waist of the suit and connects with Dearka’s beam saber. They’re locked in melee now. Suddenly the DAGGER lunges in waving its beam saber, and Chiiro has to put her shield against it. A clever flip of the shield moves it so that it is now pointing at Mave’s DAGGER. Mave, however, manages to burst his boosters to evade thebeam-tipped grappler that shoots past him from underneath the shield. The melee intensifies, and a stray beam from the ICARUS hits an ENFORCER, but luckily for the pilot only damaging it. Here is where the huge size of the ICARUS plays against it; smaller mobile suits can pick at it from multiple directions. After the example set by Mave’s DAGGER, the ICARUS starts to suffer minor scratches, and the ENFORCERs move in closer. Accordingly, as the melee continues, an ENFORCER manages to get behind the flailing ICARUS and draws its hand back, ready to pierce the rear armor with its beam saber. Suddenly a beam connects with the mobile suit from above, blowing it up on impact. The suit explodes, and all eyes in a brief splitscreen turn toward the origin of the blast. The INFERNO GUNDAM floats a little way off, the beam bazooka mounted on its shoulder, with the ECLIPSE behind it.]
Vries: Oh, not yet. It’s far too early to end this one.
I thought it would be fitting to add the tech specs for the title ship into this. Here is the Earth Defense Force (old Atlantic Federation) supercruiser, DAMOCLES:
EDF KX121 – DAMOCLES
The DAMOCLES was built in secret with the explicit intention of counteracting UPA supremacy in space. Due to the secretive construction program it was finished behind schedule with some engineering faults they did not have time to repair, but it still made it off in time to square off against the new UPA flagship. The DAMOCLES has a similar sleek form as the MINERVA, with the weapons mostly aimed forward. The sides of the ships are bedecked with missile launchers and CIWS guns. The DAMOCLES was built to be highly adaptable; it can submerge with minimal alterations, and its modules do not have to repaired as much as replaced as long as spare parts are available. The ship breaks several treaties, carrying a positron blaster gun and a Mirage Colloid stealth system. The positron guns of the DAMOCLES are deployed in a similar fashion as the TANNHÄUSER gun of the MINERVA, sliding out into firing positions. the DAMOCLES’ positron blaster gun, codenamed RAPHAËL, is not as such a four barreled positron cannon, but rather a single cannon which makes up its beam from four barrels, giving the beam more power and accuracy, as well as faster realignment. The actual power output is not far beyond the TANNHÄUSER gun of the MINERVA.
Perhaps the most formidable weapon the ship has in space in the SWORD of DAMOCLES; a huge beam sword attached to the prow of the ship for ramming attacks. The SWORD can be then detached and the energy capsule in its hilt deliberately overloaded, causing an explosion which will undoubtedly destroy the hapless, skewered victim. The entire front of the ship has been reinforced for this very purpose, making use of terror in battle as viable tactic. The ship can carry a large complement of mobile suits, and can be equipped with hardware on the fly, since it had to launch for the first time without all its possible components, like the ship-mounted positron reflector shield.
Dimensions: overall length 433 meters; overall height unknown
Fixed armaments: 2 x twin "Gottfried Mk.77" 250cm high-energy beam cannon. “Raphaël“ four barreled positron blaster gun. 24 x ship-to-ship missile launcher; 30 x ship-to-air missile launcher; 8 x “Mio” 100mm anti-mobile suit railgun, 16 x "Igelstellung" 90mm anti-mobile suit automatic multi-barrel CIWS, 20 x 40mm rapid fire anti-missile CIWS, mounted on main body. Several anti-beam depth charge slots, ECM missile launchers. Optional/add-ons: Positron reflector shield, high frequency communications antennae. Mirage Colloid driver.
Antares

I'm such a lazy monkey. But episode 16 is finally up. Gundam Seed Phoenix 16 - Consequences. Also, again this ep is only 3 scenes long, since the next one (17) will be a recap. Yes, you heard me, a recap episode in a script. Since CE did it, I thought I should do at least one too. It's not all recap though; I didn't just compy&paste. :wink:

Anyway here is an excerpt from ep 16:
Lunamaria: [softly] Don’t move. Or I will have to shoot you.
[Shinn’s face and body freezes again, this time resembling permafrost. He turns around slowly to face her and the pistol aimed at his face.]
Shinn: Luna…
Lunamaria: [her face twists up slightly, but then clears] Don’t get friendly with me. You’re a killer. You are a traitor to ZAFT.
Shinn: To, ZAFT no. To the UPA, yes.
Lunamaria: That is now the same thing!
Shinn: No. It’s not. You should know it since you’ve seen it now.
Lunamaria: The only thing I can remember seeing is putting my little sister to rest after you… [chokes a bit] blew her up. [a pause] But this time she isn’t coming back. [a tear pools in her left eye]
Shinn: [looks genuinely sorry] I know. I heard about it when we retreated to the asteroid belt. [a pause] Luna… you must believe me, I would not have…
Lunamaria: How can I believe you Shinn? What reason do I have? [the tear starts to fall]
Shinn: Luna… [a mixture of fondness and sadness] you know me. Better than anyone.
Lunamaria: [the gun wavers] But why? [exasperation] That is the one thing I have wanted to ask you! Why?
Shinn: Because… [a pause] I saw what was going to happen. They took our dream of a world of peace and replaced it with a world of eternal suffering. They took our tomorrow.
[Shinn, flashback, Shinn seeing Stellar after he had been defeated. She is telling him that they would meet ‘tomorrow’. End flashback.]
Shinn: I have no tomorrow. But I am fighting to get one.
Lunamaria: How can you say that? We’re building a tomorrow, too!
Shinn: I am making my own tomorrow now. No one else’s. Not Lacus Clyne’s, not Athrun Zala’s. [cocks his head to the side, opens his arms wide] If you want to shoot me, you can. But it will make no difference.
Lunamaria: [lowers the gun] It would make a difference to me… What hurts me most… is that you didn’t take me with you.
[Shinn is briefly stunned by her revelation and a show of warm feelings, even still. But there is a wall between them now.]
Shinn: [lowers his head] I am sorry, Luna. For everything. Goodbye.
[He is smart enough not to ask for forgiveness, he is also smart enough not to try to talk her into coming with him. She might actually shoot him if he tried that. Their worlds are simply different ones now. Shinn looks at her, trying to convey his feelings with his look if not with words. Lunamaria almost says something, but hold back, and looks away from him. Shinn turns around and walks toward the darkness of the alley, disappearing. Lunamaria keeps her head away, but her eyes dart toward Shinn’s back, and she again almost says something, but remains silent. Shinn walks toward the camera and past it, to the dark which slowly covers him while Lunamaria stands silhouetted against the bright light coming from the alley’s mouth. Shinn walks past the camera, and Lunamaria stands still for a moment, and then also turns around and walks to the light, holstering her pistol. The camera starts to ascend from the alley, but pauses suddenly to show a surveillance camera, her reflection distorted on the lense.]
Aaand one more, another technical profile, this time it is the long overdue BLASTER GUNDAM.
UPA / ZAFT UPD-001B/ZGMF X303A GUNDAM BLASTER
The new BLASTER GUNDAM is clearly an upgrade made based on the previous BUSTER GUNDAM, while still superseding the GAT-X103AP VERDE BUSTER. Considering the pilot’s, Dearka Elthmann’s preference for artillery attacks, the mobile suit is first and foremost a long-distance artillery support mobile suit. The BLASTER has further improved on its power-core, and is still operable on an ultracompact energy battery. The mobile suit has beam weapons and artillery, but little in the way of melee, lacking for instance beam sabers. The BLASTER was one of the few GUNDAM –class mobile suits ZAFT built on UPA mandate early into the era of the Universal Peacekeeping Alliance.
*Note: Since the wild development of mobile weapons seen in GSD the BLASTER is actually downgraded from that technological timeline. But it can still kick ass.
Model number: UPD-001B/ZGMF-X303A
Code name: Blaster Gundam
Unit type: prototype assault mobile suit
Manufacturer: Orb, Morgenroete, Inc. ZAFT, Integrated Design Bureau.
Operator: UPA
Overall height: 19.00 meters
Weight: 103.50 metric tons
Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor
Fixed armaments: 240mm heavy beam rifle, mounted behind right arm, can be combined with 200mm high-energy rifle mounted behind left arm, into a twin barreled high powered beam gun. 4 x 220mm 12-barrel missile pods, mounted on shoulders and legs. 2 x MMI-M1026 "Schwer Hydra" Gatling beam cannons, mounted on back, deployed over shoulders.
Again, feel free to fanart or franken the BLASTER as well. I'll try to keep up the one ep per week -average, but currently I am swamped with many projects and I don't have time to proof read the stuff before posting properly. I suck. :?
Antares

And here is 17, the dreaded recap. Then again, it also allows the reader to remind oneself what has been going on. I have also written an apology for writing a fanfic filler recap in the according Q&A of the blog.

No excerpt since it is mostly recapping. But here are the tech specs for the new UPA flagship, the VALKYRIE:
UPA 010 – VALKYRIE
The new capital ship and the flagship of the UPA to serve as support to the ARCHANGEL. The ship has been built by Orb, which has shouldered the most of its considerable expenses. The ship is state-of-the-art and as a new battleship of its line, the main function of the VALKYRIE is to be a heavily armed warship to end disputes (i.e. a deterrent). The new design is sleeker, providing a smaller silhouette to hit, but is made bulkier in the front with the VALHALLA weaponsmodule when attached. The actual hull of the VALKYRIE carries less weapons, but still enough to keep the ship protected. The VALHALLA module can be connected and disconnected when necessary. The major drawback can be considered to be the single linear launch catapult when the VALHALLA is attached instead of three for faster launching. The VALKYRIE can carry a large compliment of mobile suits. The lack of a positron reflector shield on the VALKYRIE can also be considered a drawback, but the ship should be able to use its weaponry to keep itself protected.
Dimensions: overall length 400 meters, 470 with the VALHALLA attached; overall height unknown
Fixed armaments: 2 x twin "Gottfried Mk.77" 250cm high-energy beam cannon. 34 x ship-to-ship missile launcher; 24 x ship-to-air missile launcher; 16 x "Igelstellung" 90mm anti-mobile suit automatic multi-barrel CIWS, 20 x 40mm rapid fire anti-missile CIWS, mounted on main body. Several anti-beam depth charge slots. Offensive anti-missile ECM array, mounted on the foot of the bridge.
VALHALLA: “Odin ZD-0“ twin positron blaster cannons x 2 to the sides of the module. “Thor Gottfried Mk. 80” 230cm triple cannons x 4, two on top and two below the module. 6 x Fenris anti-mobile suit missile launchers, multiple warheads on a single missile.
Yeah, it's big. Schoolwork has stalled my writing, haven't made much progress. I'll try to pick up the pace early next week. I hope.
Antares

Here we go again. Episode 18 - Thrust! Parry! Riposte! is up. Also I uploaded some pdfs for previous eps, if that is how you rather read the stuff.

Here is an excerpt again:
[Maddox growls inanely and hits a few digits and the door opens. It is the laboratory room seen before, where two large vats filled with light green liquid dominate the room. There is a huge computer panel and monitoring devices on the wall across the room, and the room is lit up only by the fluorescent gleam of the vats and the lights of the control panels. A sound of steady breathing echoes in the room, as well as the steady beep of a heart-monitor. Styx furrows his brow and walks inside, toward the vats, where two black shadows, the silhouettes of humans are seen. As he moves inside, he lets go of Maddox, who slides to the floor with a groan, and shortly gets to his feet, following Styx in. Styx walks inside, keeping a bit of distance from the vats, looking at them and the monitors, eyes sweeping the room.]
Styx: [quietly] What is all this?
[Styx moves next to one of the vats, and peers in. The shadow in the liquid floats upward. It is a young girl, in her teens, with a tube connected to her mouth. Her eyes are open, but stare at nothing. Styx stares at her, trying to figure out if she is dead or alive.]
Styx: [repeats, still quietly] What… is all this?
Maddox: [fixes his collar] This is the Lazarus Project. It is the future hope of all Coordinators.
[Styx turns to look at Maddox, clearly disagreeing with that statement, and feeling very much at unease in the room.]
Styx: Is this the project the chairman is so enthused of? This mockery of life?
Maddox: Not quite. After all, as Coordinators, we are all more or less, should I say, manufactured. This is simply taking it to the next level. We’re improving cellular selection and growth through manipulated DNA strands from selected donors. [sighs] Unfortunately these two are the last ones we have. The others have been lost.
Styx: Lost?
Maddox: The war destroyed much of our research. [to himself] Among other things.
Styx: The war? Can’t be, these two are too old. They must have been alive already before Bloody Valentine!
Maddox: That is why I said we’re taking it to the next level. They aren’t much older than a year, really.
Styx: [indignant] The next level? Is this some kind of a test to create a new Super Coordinator? A new Kira Yamato?
Maddox: Oh, no. They are supposed to surpass Kira Yamato.
Yay, theatretics and ultra-super Coordinators! How can you ever go wrong with this recipe? And very original too! :D

EDIT: Spank me with a week-old trout, I never even noticed this thread has gone over 1000 views. Thanksies to those who have wandered in. :)
Antares

Dropping you a steamy fresh one. Well, not really fresh since this is also almost ten eps behind where I am actually writing, but fresh in the sense that it has been just uploaded. Episode 20 - Pilot's Day is up at the usual place. We have some stuff happening on Earth and in space, with a cameo (in the excerpt, see if you can spot it) and general comic relief. I blame Thundermuffin who finally caused me to tilt towards parody when writing a Gundam fanfic. I mean, it's just so easily there. :P But I try to keep in check at times, but other times I write eps like these. So, yeah, tread with care. :wink:

Here is the excerpt:
Lunamaria: [exasperated, accusingly to Kurogawa] Why the hell did they pick the biggest kids in the UPA for this wing?
Kurogawa: [slurps some noodles, thoughtfully] I don’t know, I didn’t get to pick them.
[Kurogawa’s fake sincere thoughtfulness gets a few snickers around the table. Lunamaria is not amused, but lets it slide.]
Lunamaria: We’re supposed to be an elite wing of pilots. [looks at the pair again] At least they will get what they deserve tomorrow.
Kurogawa: Oh yeah, so what’s the punishment?
Lunamaria: [darkly] You’ll see.
[Her brooding is interrupted by Dearka who strolls in with his uniform open, scratching his belly, his hand underneath his t-shirt.]
Dearka: [yawns] Mornin’.
[His casual hello is impossible to ignore. Some of the pilots stare openly, spoon halfway to their mouths. Lunamaria springs to her feet and marches over to Dearka and whispers furiously. Considering that everyone is now focused on the spectacle, it is impossible not to hear the exchange.]
Lunamaria: [whispers angrily] What the hell? I was just going to send out for your body. No one sleeps for eighteen hours straight, and especially not when they are supposedly commanding the mission!
Dearka: [slops food to his plate] Oh really? I hadn’t slept for a good thirty plus when we set out to capture those mobile suits a while back. And… [wagging a form at Lunamaria] I may be in charge of the mission, but I have chosen to delegate my responsibilities to you and the squadron leader. Captain Hahnenfluss is the commander of the ship. [yawns] More than enough people to handle this group. By the way, I heard that the maneuvers today were pretty awful. I actually woke up to the banging. Try to do better next time. [glances at the tray of bread, which is empty] Hey! More bread please!
[Lunamaria is completely silenced by this monologue, and the pilots are shamelessly enjoying it. She stands silent as a smiling boy in a pink hairband delivers a variety of breads to the tray and disappears back to the confines of the ship’s kitchen. Lunamaria contemplates between blowing up and acceptance, and chooses the latter.]
Lunamaria: [stiffly] Very well then sir.
Dearka: [waves dismissively] Carry on.
[Both retreat to their respective tables, Dearka choosing to sit with Jerry and Reinhardt because it is more roomy, and the crowd is disappointed. Until Dearka finishes his last bite.]
Dearka: [to Reinhardt and Jerry, but makes sure his voice carries to the other table as well] Judging from that outburst you’d think we’re dating! Although she is very pretty, I already have a girl back home. [takes a holier-than-thou –pose] I cannot be tempted for I believe in monogamy and family values… [deflates as maintaining the stance took too much effort] and all that crap. [winks to Jerry] Right?
[Jerry chokes on his food and Reinhardt throws his head back in laughter. And then Lunamaria began the food-fight by flinging a lump of mashed potatoes grabbed from Kurogawa’s plate into Dearka’s face.]
And also, since I am feeling so frisk, here is the profile for the ICARUS, and a request to fanart it has been logged in the fanart request thread, so hint-hint, nudge-nudge.
GAT-X1000 ICARUS GUNDAM
The ICARUS GUNDAM was crafted as a part of a megalomaniac project in the spirit of the huge GFAS-X1 DESTROY GUNDAM following the rationale that a bigger mobile suit carries more energy, more shielding, and more sheer destructive power. Unlike its predecessor, the ICARUS is somewhat toned down in size, but it still doubles over almost any other GUNDAM class mobile suit. The ICARUS is very formidably armed, and above that its armor is coated with special conductive material, that allows it to absorb hits from energy weapons. This armor is not similar to the anti-beam defensive reflection system (armor coating) on the ORB-01 AKATSUKI, since that coating allowed for indefinite reflection, while the ICARUS can only absorb a certain amount of energy before the relays that distribute the energy evenly give out. After that, even the Variable Phase Shift usually quickly collapses, leaving the mobile suit quite vulnerable. Also the extensive use of weapons is a danger to an unwary pilot who can deplete the batteries of energy before it can be replenished by the deuterion reactor. The ICARUS is outfitted with an N-Jammer Canceller and a Mirage Colloid camouflage system as well, making the cumbersome giant a less easy target. One of the other disadvantages of the huge mobile suit is exactly its size; within atmosphere the ICARUS has to be launched with several boosters and from a stationary position, because no catapult can accommodate it. This makes launching the suit a painfully slow process in normal conditions. Furthermore, some systems (like the Mirage Colloid camouflage) may need to be disconnected inside the atmosphere to allow for more power to propulsion. In space the mobile suit can launched in parts by its mothership the DAMOCLES, giving it time to assemble in zero gravity. Due to its bulky size, also the Aile pack of the ICARUS is somewhat transformable, opening into its real wingspan only after launch, and similarly for emergency landings on the mothership the wings can fold back so the ICARUS and its Aile pack fit in.
Model number: GAT-X1000
Code name: Icarus Gundam
Unit type: heavy assault prototype mobile suit
Manufacturer: Adukav Mechano-Industries
Operator: EDF
Dimensions: overall height 33.20 meters
Weight: max gross weight 126.00 metric tons
Powerplant: ultracompact hyper deuterion nuclear reactor, power output rating unknown
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor; Neutron Jammer Canceller. Beam energy absorptive armor coating. Mirage Colloid camouflage system.
Fixed armaments: 2 x "Igelstellung" 55mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head. 2 x "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted on hips. MA-M05 "Super Lacerta" extended beam saber, stored on hip. "Ramhorn" 150mm high energy cannon, fire-linked, mounted on mouth. Anti-beam shield. Launchable beam glaive, fired on a wire, underneath shield. “Svartha” warhammer. Aile flier backpack, 4 x "Schlag 2" 155mm high-energy long-range beam cannon, mounted on backpack, fire over shoulders.
Optional hand armaments: "Aegir" 400mm hyper impulse cannon, power rating unknown. “Didier” anti-ship sword, mounted on back.
A big post this time. EDIT: Icarus profile edited to include the Aile pack and its features. Thanks to CHASER for pointing this omission out.
Ravager

Well,i've just started with this story of yours,but i'm quite confused by the sheer amount of episodes.Could you give me a basic summary of what's going on from the start?And you have your own types of mobile suits in there,isn't it?
Antares

I know the episode count is staggering. If you start with the OVA (up in the selection), and then move to ep 1 and so on, you should do fine. Also consult the Q&A for the episodes for some additional information, as well as the people/tech profiles (down in the right hand column selection) to get into the mechas.

There are a few mobile suits out there, but the types are pretty much CE staple. For instance the ENFORCER is just a slightly improved ASTRAY model. The Gundams should in principle follow the CE guideline for the weapons. ZAFT has rolled out the GEIR (or GIRR, as the pilots call it) as a new mass production model, but aside from that I don't think I have anything too unfamiliar to CE.

If you want a quick summary, I can serve up this much:
After the end of the Second Bloody Valentine War, TSA and Orb heavily lobbied for a creation of a new neutral authority, the UPA (Universal Peacekeeping Alliance) to observe and maintain peace. Simultanously restrictions were lifted and imposed on fleet sizes, mobile suit production, and the like. ZAFT, having lost two chairmans and being devastated twice, saw this as a ploy to oppress PLANT under UPA rule, split in two. The Hammer of ZAFT tried to stage a military coup, but failed. In the process Lacus CLyne was traumatized and Kira Yamato disappeared, leaving Athrun Zala and Cagalli Yula Athha basically alone in command. On Earth the full damaged of the fall of Junius 7 and the two wars recently fought are revealed, and the EDF (Earth Defense Force) is formed. The EDF has a civillian body, which tries to share resources and help those countries worst hit to get back on their fleet, while the military wing is given control of keeping the peace. However, there are also radical elements within that wing that are seeking to annihilate all Coordinators (Blue Cosmos legacy) or just kick out the UPA, which they see as a clear threat to their sovereignty. That is basically where the series itself starts.

I have four factions that I juggle in the air: The Hammer, PLANT, UPA and EDF, and the fifth comes out when the radical wing of the EDF makes its appearance. Athrun is more or less the main character, but since I modelled my cast after Legend of the Galactic Heroes, it's hard to point to a single protagonist. There is also Mave (Maverick Surain), who is a capable young engineer with aspirations to become a pilot, and some of the story stays on him too.

Summarizing further, the battles are rare in my fic. I go for explanations and talking, so if you like neither, you might be bored to tears. :wink: Basically no one likes the UPA, and Athrun has to try and balance peace and politics, which is not what he would like to do. Most of the old gang is present as well from Shinn to Yzak, Lunamaria and so on. Around Maverick also forms the junior generation of the UPA, which could be considered "new" cast. And finally there are insidious plots and hidden projects all around, with hidden labs and the like, all very cliché and normal in the world of Gundam.

One final word on the length also for those who are reading now: There will be 40+ episodes. I can't wrap it up any faster than that. I hope you can handle it. You can have a guess at how many pages of pure script (not counting people/mech profiles, etc) that means I have written. :D
RedShirt0909

Well, keep it coming! This is good stuff, and if there are 40+ eps, it just means that the end of a good thing will come later than sooner. Good work with most of the characters as well, particularly Athrun.
Yea, though I sail through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil, for I am conning ten thousand tons of 'screw you'
Antares

*bows very deeply*
Thank you very much. Any feedback, positive and negative keeps me on the keyboard most effectively. Sometimes when I am slow you can blame my betareaders who "were busy", "were going to but there was something on the telly", or, my personal favorite, "had a thing" for not poking me forward. :D
Ravager

I think i've got the gist of your story.It's more like Battlestar Galactica,character and plot-driven and little in the way of the technical side.Which is good,since i like BSG,even though i've always loved technical aspects of shows.