Which Gundam Show Should I Watch Next?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Which Gundam Show Should I Watch?

Gundam 08th MS Team
43%
Gundam X
27%
Gundam ZZ
3%
G Gundam
13%
Victory Gundam
13%

Total votes: 30
Nightwing03

Which Gundam Show Should I Watch Next?

Well, I need your guys opinions, i either wanna watch one of the ones on the poll, i cant really decide, so i need you guys to help me :)
♣♦♠♥
Wingnut

What ones have you watched so far, and what kind of Gundam are you in the mood for now?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nightwing03

I've seen Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam, CCA, Wing, Turn-A, SEED/SEED-D

I dont know what i feel like watching really... :(
♣♦♠♥
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Out of all the ones on the list, G Gundam and X are my two favrioutes, I'd say go with G-Gundam. And don't be fooled when people call it a "DBZ Copy" Its a fresh take on Gundam.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Nightwing03

Explain to me why people call it a DBZ Copy..
♣♦♠♥
Rei Murasame

I recommend you watch 08th MS Team next (I voted for it), then 0080, then 0083, then read Gundam Sentinel, and then watch Gundam ZZ.

After that, then go back and read HDA, CDA, and Ecole du Ciel.
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
Nightwing03

Woah, if i do that, that would take me along time to watch/read..ill take it step by step.
♣♦♠♥
Rei Murasame

Well yes, but I'm basically just saying, you may as well just start with 08th MS Team, and finish the UC shows in that order, rather than hopping around between universes. ^^;;
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
Nightwing03

Ohh..to understand the story-line..
♣♦♠♥
wing zero alpha

Nightwing03 wrote:Woah, if i do that, that would take me along time to watch/read..ill take it step by step.
I don't know, I covered Z Gundam in less than three days (not one after the other mind you). As for my recommendation, since you just got off the One Year War and main UC Gundam storyline, I recommend X. Of all the AUs, it's the only "true" Alternate Universe, since it offers a different outcome to the One Year War-theme.
Nightwing03

Hmmm..X..That would be good, but i heard it got cut short..if u recommend that its that good i might consider watching it..^^
♣♦♠♥
Aegis

Well, you more or less managed to get the core series of the Universal Century in MSG, Zeta, and CCA. Victory is a series you can safely watch alone at anytime since it's many years removed from the early UC era. 8th MS Team along with 0080 are pretty much stories on the side of the OYW. 0083 is a series I personally could care less since it's a rather lousy stop gap between the OYW and Zeta IMHO, although the mechas themselves certainly look awfully gorgeous. ;P And then you have ZZ... I suppose you'd watch ZZ for the completionist in you, but otherwise, it's not exactly all that necessary as far as I'm concerned.

I'd say flip a coin between Gundam X or G Gundam. If you managed to watch through the likes of TAG and its alternate take on Gundam, and if you happen to like fast hitting robot action, I'd certainly go with G Gundam. If you want something that is a little more 'traditional' though still a unique take on Gundam, go with Gundam X. Being cut short doesn't mean it's unwatchable by any stretch.
Toxicity

Nightwing03 wrote:Explain to me why people call it a DBZ Copy..
Golden Hair, superhuman strength, and energy attacks from the hands anyone?
Destroy Gundam

And needless grunting. G Gundam's a good show, though.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Toxicity wrote:
Nightwing03 wrote:Explain to me why people call it a DBZ Copy..
Golden Hair, superhuman strength, and energy attacks from the hands anyone?
Yes, of course, anything that seems to have those listed, is always branded as a DBZ Rip off :roll:
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
"Kamille! Kamille!

Aegis wrote:Well, you more or less managed to get the core series of the Universal Century in MSG, Zeta, and CCA. Victory is a series you can safely watch alone at anytime since it's many years removed from the early UC era. 8th MS Team along with 0080 are pretty much stories on the side of the OYW. 0083 is a series I personally could care less since it's a rather lousy stop gap between the OYW and Zeta IMHO, although the mechas themselves certainly look awfully gorgeous. ;P And then you have ZZ... I suppose you'd watch ZZ for the completionist in you, but otherwise, it's not exactly all that necessary as far as I'm concerned.

I'd say flip a coin between Gundam X or G Gundam. If you managed to watch through the likes of TAG and its alternate take on Gundam, and if you happen to like fast hitting robot action, I'd certainly go with G Gundam. If you want something that is a little more 'traditional' though still a unique take on Gundam, go with Gundam X. Being cut short doesn't mean it's unwatchable by any stretch.
I would HIGHLY recommend Gundam X; i just finished it up yesterday and it's incredible, if you give it a chance. The only problem is that the plot is slow and aimless until the last ten or so episodes--it's much more episodic than most Gundam shows, but the episodes within themselves are still enjoyable. Lots of action and the best Gundam characters IMO.
Destroy Gundam

I would also recommend X. Short, but still a very good series.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Dark Duel

[quote=""Kamille! Kamille!"]
Aegis wrote:Well, you more or less managed to get the core series of the Universal Century in MSG, Zeta, and CCA. Victory is a series you can safely watch alone at anytime since it's many years removed from the early UC era. 8th MS Team along with 0080 are pretty much stories on the side of the OYW. 0083 is a series I personally could care less since it's a rather lousy stop gap between the OYW and Zeta IMHO, although the mechas themselves certainly look awfully gorgeous. ;P And then you have ZZ... I suppose you'd watch ZZ for the completionist in you, but otherwise, it's not exactly all that necessary as far as I'm concerned.

I would HIGHLY recommend Gundam X; i just finished it up yesterday and it's incredible, if you give it a chance. The only problem is that the plot is slow and aimless until the last ten or so episodes--it's much more episodic than most Gundam shows, but the episodes within themselves are still enjoyable. Lots of action and the best Gundam characters IMO.[/quote]

Sums up what I think.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Zerosystem

Seeing as you've seen those series thus far, you might want a break from the standard kid-becomes-Gundam-pilot plotline, so I recommend 08th MS Team.

V Gundam is considered the second best series after Zeta, but I'm a bit tired of the child prodigy pilots, and the reminder that people do die in war..
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Derringer

This hand of mine glows with an awesome power!

It's loud cry tells me to defeat you!

Here I go, SHIIIIIIINING FINGGGERRR!!!!

Watch G Gundam at some point. It is made of WIN.