Please try my Gundam fangame

The place to share your artwork.
Paul McCartney Jr

Please try my Gundam fangame

I've been programming this game for a bit and I'd like you to test the first Demo. It takes place in the One Year War. It includes made up characters and my ultimate hope is that the fans on this site would like to contribute their own character & storyline.

Screenies-
Title: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/ ... enshot.jpg (I got a better one, please wait)

Battle of Loum as Zeon: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/ ... ngame1.gif

Battle of Loum as EFSF: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/ ... ngame2.jpg

Download Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNE43X5V

Universal controls
F4: Fullscreen On/Off
Esc: Quit Game
F1: Helpscreen

Cutscene:
Any Key to proceed

Mobile Suit:
Arrow Keys: Move Respectivley
Spacebar: Fire Primary Weapon (when drawn)
V key: Vulcan Cannons (if available)
G key: Draw gun
SHIFT key: Melee attack
B key: Enter flying mode (ground only)
D key: Exit flying mode (ground only)

I'll be willing to answer any questions you have here.
Draco Starcloud

For the record, he asked me about this before he posted it. It falls, in my opinion, under the Fanart part of this part of the boards.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
jam!

I've noticed a problem with pressing 'D' when in the space stage. The GM (but not the Zaku) goes into a loop of trying to land (i.e. going from the top to the bottom of the screen).
Also, enemies don't seem able to attack you and they also don't explode when you destroy them...they just suddenly disappear.
It may also just be me but I can't seem to get the melee function working.

Finally, there's the story logic problem that GMs weren't at the battle of Loum. Perhaps you should make it the battle of Solomon?

I'm very curious to know what you're using to program this game and how you're doing it. Did you make the sprites?

How would you like us to go about submitting characters? Just text descriptions or art?
Paul McCartney Jr

jam! wrote:I've noticed a problem with pressing 'D' when in the space stage. The GM (but not the Zaku) goes into a loop of trying to land (i.e. going from the top to the bottom of the screen).
Misplaced 'else' function, got it fixed.
Also, enemies don't seem able to attack you and they also don't explode when you destroy them...they just suddenly disappear.
Just finished that. They blow up, stay in a trashed suit for about 8 seconds then disappear now
It may also just be me but I can't seem to get the melee function working.
Are you sure? You're probably not holding shift down
Finally, there's the story logic problem that GMs weren't at the battle of Loum. Perhaps you should make it the battle of Solomon?
In EIS, you fight space GMs at Loum.
I'm very curious to know what you're using to program this game and how you're doing it.
GM6, I can give you the site if you'd like
Did you make the sprites?
The GM, Ground Gundam, Blue Gelgoog & Blue Zaku, Black Tristar Zaku, Gundam Alex, White Dom, Guntank and Guncannon: Yes

Zaku2, Gundam, Dom, Elemeth, Gelgoog, Zeong, Gouf, & ZGok are from SD Gundam 5
How would you like us to go about submitting characters? Just text descriptions or art?
Draw the face you'd like to use, tell me side you'd like to be on, what you'd like to do, suits you want to use ect. Its an open end project, any ideas can help.
CHASER

I'd like the site if you could :) haven't been able to find a program to make games other than K&P, and I.. can't find it o.o

I have a few ideas I could give you, though I don't have any characters for them yet (so really only half ideas). I'll send you some when I can see straight if you want.
Paul McCartney Jr

www.gamemaker.nl

You need to register to use coding.

But feel free to PM me with your ideas. I dont know how sensitive this board is to 'spamming'
Draco Starcloud

Could you make an option to turn off the music? It sounds like there are two midi versions of Beetles songs playing at the same time.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
jam!

Will you be posting the updated versions of the game?

I'd like to be able to play it as it goes through its incremental development stages.

Btw, I have a character in the words for you.
Nightwing03

Ummm..what exactly do you click on megaupload to download the game..?
Sorry, i've never been of megaupload before..

EDIT: Oh wait...i figured it out :D
♣♦♠♥
Paul McCartney Jr

I'll try to tackle all this in one-
Draco Starcloud wrote:Could you make an option to turn off the music? It sounds like there are two midi versions of Beetles songs playing at the same time.
BeAtles

But yes; advice on music would help too
jam! wrote:Will you be posting the updated versions of the game?

I'd like to be able to play it as it goes through its incremental development stages.

Btw, I have a character in the words for you.
Of course

Can you recolor pictures? I can give you the faces sheet & the suits I have if you want to make your own.

And can someone tell me how the moderators define 'spam' I'd rather not get into any conflict for that.
Paul McCartney Jr

Here is the sprite sheets of the suits and faces. Use them however you want

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1CKDFZ0B

mirror:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1CKDFZ0B
DAG101

looks good. for some reason, the game wouldn't download, but the gamemaker is...

P.S. you said anyone could use the sprites? does the Lite edition of the maker work with custom sprites?
Outlaw

Just downloaded it and I have to say it looks good. Definately looking forward to some updated versions. I'm even tempted to try and make some sprites. :D
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
DAG101

the game downoad does not work for me. any ideas why?