Do you replay your games after beating them?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Do you replay games

Replay them
93%
Leave it on the shelf after I beat it
7%

Total votes: 42
Anonymous

My opinion on this is: DO A BARREL ROLL!
mcred23

I tend buy a game, beat it, and then replay my favorite parts of it for a few days before going back to a game I either like more or have yet to finish.

Also, in some games, I'll go back and replay it on a different difficulty level (Such as the Halo) or just to simply mess around and shoot things!
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Anonymous

General Schatten wrote:Unofficial Poll: How many times have YOU beaten Chrono Trigger.
Sadly, only four.

I replay just about all my games. Once I beat them I put them
in my designated "Game Box " until I get the urge to play them again.
Folken Fanel

I get really into games when I first buy them, then after a week I get tired of them if I don't beat them. If I get the urge to, I'll spend twelve hours on something like Golden Sun or Diablo. I'm really sporadic with my gaming.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
AmuroNT1

I'm pretty much the same way. Sometimes I'll get an urge to pick up one of my older games and fool around with it; lately, I'm on a kick with using Sandrock in ACE (it's really good).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
codename:v

It depends on whether I want to...
Enki

I have replayed Ridge Racer games, Twisted Metal games, and Tekken games after beating them a few times like 2 or 3.
sniperwolf

i like to play my games more than once but if i did't like the game i would just start over and go to a part that i liked in the game.
Whenever you see that red laser on your shirt, be very afraid........
kfrooster

A replayer here as well, especially if it's an RPG. Sometimes it's nice to see the great cut scenes featured within the game or the gameplay is simply too fun to not play the game once more.

Another reason for me is to grab the best weapons within the game and see how much easier the Final Boss battle is with said items/ weapons. I did that for FF-X and am currently playing Kimgdom Hearts II on Proud Mode (just to grab that no-so-secret ending)
Crazy Gundam

It really depends on the game. I played through Kingdom Hearts II on Pround mode after beating it on normal for the "secret movie" at the end. I also repaly Final Fantasy games most often though, because they are either

a. awesome
or
b. awesomer (ha ha...not even a word)

Although I am guilty of dropping most Firts Person Shooters after I beat the game and am sick of the multiplayer.

But generally if I really like a game I will play it again. They get lonely on those shelves after all :wink: .
Gato: "You're useless! You're just a grunt!"
Kou : " Yes, Sir."
Gato: " I'M THE ENEMY, YOU IDIOT!!!"
RGM-79G GM Command

I play the ones I like again, like all three Kingdom Hearts games, Custom Robo, Resident Evil 4, both Halos, and Kill.Switch to name a few.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

If a game has multpile endings and choices, like Knights of the Old republic and Fable, then I tend to play them over again. I rarely re-play games unless I happen to really like it, or I get a sudden urge to play it again
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Wedge14

I constantly play my games over and over again. Mostly because I tend to stick with fighting games.

I still get together with my friends and pound the crap out of our decrepid old SNES controllers playing Street Fighter II once a week.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Genocide

For me it really depends on the genre. Strategy, fighting, arcade shooters and FPS games are definitely full of replay value when done right. Some RPGs are also worth a second trek, but most of the time I get bored halfway through the second lap. The only non-fighting/shooting/strategy/etc games that I have literally played over and over again for several dozen times (at least) would be Shenmue and Shenmue II.
"Kamille! Kamille!

Anonymous wrote:Unofficial Poll: How many times have YOU beaten Chrono Trigger.
Four...

How many times have YOU beaten FFVII?

Too many to count.

I can top that. I've actually beaten MGS 1 like, 28 times over(Or around there) MGS 2, Five times.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
"Kamille! Kamille!

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I can top that. I've actually beaten MGS 1 like, 28 times over(Or around there) MGS 2, Five times.
Beating MGS2 for fourth time right now...

Forgot to mention that I've beaten Twin Snakes about twice, and the GBC one once. MGS3, once, and I gave up on Portable Ops

silencer.001

I only replay games that i like, for example the homeworld series, C+C Generals, and a few others
Nightwing03

I only usually replay my games when i didnt unlock something..or i usually play em for fun...like a few years ago i finished racthet and clank 3 5 times..
♣♦♠♥