Red or Black

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.

Red Dias or Black Dias

Red
59%
Black
41%

Total votes: 17
plutoniumhunter

Red or Black

Okay. Call me a fool for making this thread. But I'm a choosy person and I cant even decide which color I want my HGUC Rick Dias in. So can you help me?
" Age is a matter of the mind " - South Burning
The Big Zabowski

Depends on what you fancy color wise, as the models are exactly the same mold but in two different colors.
If you wanted to repaint it, go for the black dias, as it should be the cheaper of the two. But in all honesty, it really doesn't matter for those HGUCs..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
PlasticFrog

Actually there is no difference in prices between the two models (both 1200 yen). But yeah, there is no difference other than the color between the two kits. Bandai probably felt bad charging extra just for the color. Usually they try to justify the extra price by including a tiny figure or something. :D

Anyway, while I normally would say "Pick RED! It's 3x faster!!! :twisted:", I voted black because when I saw the red HGUC Rick Dias on display at a store, I wasn't too impressed with the color of the plastic.

Granted, I did not see a black HGUC Rick Dias on display, so I may not be being fair, but dark blue/black tends to look better out of the box, so.... :wink:
Most recently purchased: MG Hyper Mode God Gundam
Most recently finished: SD Verde Buster
Supposedly working on: HG Exia + Astraea
mcred23

It depends on what you want, because as it's already been said, the two kits are exactly the same except for the color differences.

Personally, I'd go for the red Rick Dias, since it shows up more in the show (The black ones are only in the first nine episodes or so and are never seen again) and since I like Eddie-baby/Quattro/Char/Casval-niisan/etc. It really comes down to which colors you like more and think will come out the best.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Brave Fencer Kirby

I say go black. I always did like the Dom-style color scheme better than the annoying red Quattro's Custom Colors...
jnhchan

Do you want to paint it? If you want to paint it, pick red as the color does not affect your paint as much as black one.
plutoniumhunter

Thanks guys... Im a non-painter, so I go with whats out of the box. Actually I like black better, but It doesnt really seem to suit the Dias, plus Red is more striking and eye-catching.
" Age is a matter of the mind " - South Burning
Zeonic Glory

mcred23 wrote: Personally, I'd go for the red Rick Dias, since it shows up more in the show (The black ones are only in the first nine episodes or so and are never seen again) and since I like Eddie-baby/Quattro/Char/Casval-niisan/etc. It really comes down to which colors you like more and think will come out the best.
You forgot...

THE Red Comet!

Anyways, I like both color schemes and would buy both of them. *Bandai's perfect customer*
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
vaKuz

I would go for the red dias. For me it's always good to have a custom variant of a MS, especially piloted by key or famous characters in the series. The important thing is which MS potrays out a character? So, whenever I see a red Rick Dias, a picture of either Amuro or Char will spark up in my mind. So I personally believe the red dias shows character, and furthermore, it kick ass really good in the Zeta anime.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert