GSD hits North American TV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DeltasTaii

GSD hits North American TV

Yeah, it's Canada :wink: Starts in March.

Guess I will be dropping off the DVDs after vol.2 after all, seeing as how I've yet to see vol.3 anywhere here anyways. Means I won't be getting to ep.11 until ohhh...May or June though. Practically 2 years since I saw the first 4 by then...

http://www.zannen.ca/node/270
Zerosystem

I myself don't watch YTV, but I guess this will turn out to be interesting. BTW, here's the link to the show on YTV's site.

http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/gu ... acters.asp

Not to be completely negative, but apparently Athrun's a ZAKU, and Rey looks like Mwu. :)
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

And no doubt, they reused the charecters from the old Gundam SEED. That's YTV For you :lol:
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ShadowCell

They include Meyrin but not Luna?

Man, more evidence that jumping on the Three Ships Alliance bandwagon is the fast track to free publicity.
Anonymous

Don't worry Athrun doesn't remain a ZAKU for long 8) .

I think anyone who hasn't seen Gundam SEED Destiny should go into it with an open mind. Don't listen to your fellow forum-goers who consistently bash it :lol:
EFF Test Pilot

I think anyone who hasn't seen Gundam SEED Destiny should go into it with an open mind. Don't listen to your fellow forum-goers who consistently bash it
You're sadistic and want to see him suffer! That's what you are!
"Every day's great at your Junes!" - Nanako Dojima
The Big Zabowski

GSD: It's like Chinese water torture.

Starts off bearable, and slightly annoying..but after about 6 hours of it, you'd rather surrender than prolong the slow disintegration of your psyche..

But on topic: I'm glad it's you guys getting it an not us.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)

ShadowCell wrote:They include Meyrin but not Luna?

Man, more evidence that jumping on the Three Ships Alliance bandwagon is the fast track to free publicity.

And not to mention listed Mwu as he was in GS, not even mentioning the whole "neo" Thing
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Haros_Pet_Kat

EFF Test Pilot wrote:
I think anyone who hasn't seen Gundam SEED Destiny should go into it with an open mind. Don't listen to your fellow forum-goers who consistently bash it
You're sadistic and want to see him suffer! That's what you are!
No. What he just described is the Destiny Plan.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
Imperial

God forbid we actually let someone form their own opinion about a show.
This space for rent
ShadowCell

Hasn't just about everyone on this forum already seen DESTINY and, thusly, already either formed or had shoved down their throats an opinion of the show?

Besides, obnoxious as the opinion-to-throat contact may be, I'd sooner take that than having to clean up a bunch of flamewars that read like word jumbles. One day, intelligent and sustainable discussion of TV shows may be possible, but until that day comes, hell if I'm going to let the Pat Robertsons of Gundam fandom turn this place into a cesspool.

Now then. Back to our show.
Last edited by ShadowCell on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anonymous

Heh, that day is a long ways from now, Imperial.

Besides, for those that did watch it through, why? Because you're Gundam fans (or crazy, i'm still thinking about that one). Most of you probably wouldn't watch it again (I know I won't). So give em a chance and let them scream in agony on their own :twisted:

hmmm.... Destiny Plan, eh? Why not.....lol
Deus EpS Machina

ahhh

finally, been waiting for this news for a while.

I knew last year that we were getting it, it was never determined when it would air.
Zerosystem

I was glad that YTV didn't decide to edit GS as it was known for over in the US. I just hope they won't do that, and that they'll show all of the OPs this time (nothing but 'Believe' from beginning to end for GS...).
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Blauer Nebel

I'm not sure whether to pity you guys or shake your hands. But it's Gundam I suppose. Personally, after six episodes of GS, I got utterly sick of it.
Assume the best. Prepare for the worst; for I have the hands of a saint and the mind of a sinner.
Homeless

artmaster079 wrote:Besides, for those that did watch it through, why? Because you're Gundam fans (or crazy, i'm still thinking about that one). Most of you probably wouldn't watch it again (I know I won't). So give em a chance and let them scream in agony on their own :twisted:
1) I watched it from beginning to end because, problems and all, it was decently entertaining
2) I am a Gundam fan, but that doesn't mean I worship anything with the name slapped on
3) I am in fact watching it again, as I collect the DVD release
4) Adding such comments is hardly letting people form their own opinion
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
volrath77

Some of us here may not like GSD, maybe some others do. 'Tis basically one man's meat is another man's poison and I, for one, do like GSD for entertainments basis despite its weaknesses. So, if any one of us haven't seen GSD, let them watch it and form their own opinion. It's that simple.

Zerosystem wrote:I was glad that YTV didn't decide to edit GS as it was known for over in the US. I just hope they won't do that, and that they'll show all of the OPs this time (nothing but 'Believe' from beginning to end for GS...).
They did that for Wing too, just stuck with the first opening theme, so its highly unlikely.

DeltasTaii

I'd put my money on them showing all the openings for this one. With SEED we only got a half minute, hacked from all 4 openings version of INVOKE because it was part of the US TV version, for CN's sake.
Since there probably isn't a US TV version of Destiny, chances are we'll get the full thing, like with Eureka Seven, InuYasha, WHR, Stand Alone Complex, and pretty much everything but Naruto (full edited), and FMA (US TV version, hacked OPs and EDs) to air on Bionix.
We might even get the episode previews based on the last couple shows they've added.
2200 Killer

The best of luck goes to those Canadians who'll see GSD and form their own opinions. I have always said that they should watch something for themselves if they don't believe what the vocal percentage of people are saying.

I, myself, am through with $unrise.
Tyrenol. "Instead of talking about changes, let's make 'em instead."

http://www.geocities.com/tenou_clock/
http://tyrenol.livejournal.com/