what other fantasy universe can stand up to WH 40k

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

who would win in a free-for-all?

Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
30%
Zeratul (Starcraft)
10%
The Emperor (Warhammer 40,000)
60%

Total votes: 10
volrath77

solid snake wrote:Not to drag this off topic, but there doesn't really seem to be a consistent rate of travel in SW. I think there galaxy is 100, 000 light years in diameter. It took the the Millenium Falcon ten days to get from Coruscant to Dathomir. The only hyperspace speed I can recall is Mara Jade saying that a ship with a hyperdrive rating of 0.5 is going 127 light years per hour.
I would say that this is one particular area where SW movie and other sources listed as canon differs. Hyperspace speed in high numbers was established back in A New Hope, not merely The Phantom Menace when the Falcon travelled from Tatooine to Coruscant in what appears to be hours (which could've lasted well up to a full day). If we are to use the statement by Mara Jade, then it makes the actual travel time to be 19 days which I would say contradicts ANH. According SW canon policy, movies override other canon where contradictions occur so that 127 ly/hour can be ruled out as erroneous (more likely to the writer not doing his research).

However, as to that 120,000 ly width for the SW galaxy, it was mentioned by Lando in the Shield of Lies (according to theforce.net) and AFAIK, not contradicted in any higher canon sources. As such, the number remains valid...and no, I don't think this discussion on aspects of hyperspace and how it impacts a hypothetical confrontation between SW and WH40K to be off-topic because this is really one of the make-or-break factors that has to be taken into consideration.