The Big Bad Bat...

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Best One of The Lot...

Batman (1989)
15%
Batman Returns (1992)
15%
Batman Forever (1995)
4%
Batman and Robin (1997)
No votes
Batman Begins (2005)
52%
Batman: The Movie (1966)
15%

Total votes: 27
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

The Big Bad Bat...

This thread concerns one of the greatest comic book superheroes of all time, Batman. Except, we're not talking about comic books: I'm talking about the six movies about Batman, ranging from 1989's Batman to the upcoming 2008 film The Dark Knight. I want to hear your opinions about these five movies.

My personal ranking:

1) Batman Begins (11 out of 10)
2) Batman (10 out of 10)
3) Batman Returns (9.5 out of 10)
4) Batman Forever (6 out of 10)
5) Batman and Robin (2 out of 10)

Batman Begins was kickass, the best one I've ever seen.

Batman was very good, and it is a true classic.

Batman Returns was impressive, and it is too a classic.

Batman Forever/Batman and Robin were the worst ones of the lot. Need I to say an explaination? The movies say it all.

What are your opinions?
Last edited by ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty on Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Lert

Re: The Big Bad Bat...

ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty wrote: My personal ranking:

1) Batman Begins (11 out of 10)
2) Batman (10 out of 10)
3) Batman Returns (9.5 out of 10)
4) Batman Forever (6 out of 10)
5) Batman and Robin (2 out of 10)

Batman Begins was kickass, the best one I've ever seen.

Batman was very good, and it is a true classic.

Batman Returns was impressive, and it is too a classic.

Batman Forever/Batman and Robin were the worst ones of the lot. Need I to say an explaination? The movies say it all.
QFT.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Camille Vidan

I hated begins, they ruined the typical Gotham-feeling. Not to mention the batmobil and the young and FUNNY Bruce Wayne. Scarecrow was cool though.

In my opinion, Batman Returns was the best one, just look at the city and the characters, it's awesome.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

I agree that Begins is probably the best Batman movie I've ever seen, followed by Returns.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Now, it's time for a big question: who do you think portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne the best in the movies?

My personal favorite is Christian Bale, with Michael Keaton in second, and Val Kilmer and George Clooney tying for lowly third.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
Lert

Kilmer made a good batman but a lousy bruce wayne. Keaton made a good bruce wayne but a lousy batman. Clooney was poor all around.

Bale is imo the only one to get both batman and bruce wayne down pat.
Last edited by Lert on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toxicity

Which is the one with 2-face and the Riddler? Cus that one's my favorite.

Toxicity wrote:Which is the one with 2-face and the Riddler? Cus that one's my favorite.
Me thinks it was Forever
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

You are correct Yuusha. It is Forever, which was one of the two worst Batman movies ever made. It is second worst to Batman and Robin. Those two were pieces of [bleep]!
SNT1

^that one is Batman Forever. (edit - holy triple ninja, batman! ~LG8) )

Batman Begins ftw, who needs the typical looking Batmobile when you got a freakin tank that is just as fast.

Plus, love the Ninja scenes, and quite frankly, Ra's Al ghul makes a better opponent than most other Batman opponents.
Camille Vidan

Batman Begins ftw, who needs the typical looking Batmobile when you got a freakin tank that is just as fast.
Well, me and batman D:
Dark Duel

Clooney was lousy as Wayne and even worse as Batman
Kilmer was a decent Batman but a shitty Wayne
Keaton was great as Batman, but his Wayne was just decent.
None of 'em even remotely looked the part.

Bale looked the part, made a great Wayne and an even better Batman.

O'Donnell sucked as Robin in both movies.
Jim Carrey made a gay Riddler, which is dumb
Tommy Lee Jones was too over-the-top for Two-Face
Thurman turned Poison Ivy into a cheap slut with a botanical fetish
Bane was stupider than stupid.
DeVito was a pretty decent Penguin, but what's-her-name made a crappy CatWoman
Silverstone so thoroughly screwed up Batgirl I wanted to kill her.
Schwarzenegger was good but slightly one-dimensional as Freeze
Nicholson was brilliant as the Joker
Neeson was equally brilliant as Ra's Al-Ghul. Pity about no Talia, though :cry:

Loved Keaton's Batmobile. Very classic. I could barely stomach Kilmer's, and I hated Clooney's. Preferred Kilmer's jet over Keaton's though.
Totally loving the Tumbler, though. Freakin' awesome.

As far as the movies overall, here's how I rate them:
1. BATMAN BEGINS (best)
2. BATMAN (great)
3. BATMAN RETURNS (pretty good)
4. BATMAN FOREVER (absolute crap)
5. BATMAN AND ROBIN (eternally banished to the deepest pits of Movie-Hell)
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ZeonfromHell

Personally, Micheal Keaton is the best Batman actor. Even with the trademark "Keaton eyebrow" he outperforms all other Batman actors. Plus, you just can't beat Jack Nicolson as Joker, Danny DeVito as Penguin, or Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. I like the first Batman film over all others. Retruns is not far behind. Forever was only ok. ..and Robin totally sucked. Begins was great as far as I have seen, but I haven't finished it yet.

By the by, too bad nobody mentioned Batman: the Movie from 1966 with Adam West and Burt Ward. :lol: "Oh, well Robin, I happened to look at the guidance frequency of that missile earlier today before we left." Or my personal favorite "It was awfully noble of that sea animal to hurl itself in front of that torpedo to save us."
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Well folks, just as we're on the subject of Batman movies, I have the two-disc Special Edition of Batman Begins, and for Christmas, I am getting (I bought this at a FYE store) an eight-disc Batman movie collection, spanning from 1989 to 1997, featuring all four movies with digitally enhanced sound, picture, widescreen format, and each comes with a secondary disc with special features.
Toxicity

I just remembered something. Forget all those new movies! I like the old old batman movie. You know, the one with Adam west and the cool batmobile. Too bad it's not in the poll choices.
ZeonfromHell

Toxicity wrote:I just remembered something. Forget all those new movies! I like the old old batman movie. You know, the one with Adam west and the cool batmobile. Too bad it's not in the poll choices.
You got ninja'd. Look two posts above yours bud. :D
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Well, I'll see if I can get one of the Mods or Admins to modify the poll to add the 1966 Batman movie. Sorry I didn't include it, but my mind was clouded. Also, a new question: which Batman movies do you have (if you have any)?

Toxicity wrote:I just remembered something. Forget all those new movies! I like the old old batman movie. You know, the one with Adam west and the cool batmobile. Too bad it's not in the poll choices.
You mean that live action Batman show?

ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Yes, that's the one. I remember because that was the first scent of televised Batman I ever saw.
Lert

*BAM !* *POW !* *SOCK !*

*Sigh ..*

"Holy camp, batman !"

I hated that old series. It took a dark and brooding character and turned it into a gay-parade headliner, with a flair for cheese and bright colors, lousy acting and cardboard special effects. And that themesong .. By the gods, it's been years since I last heard it and it's STILL stuck in my head >.<

Nana nana nana nana nana nana nana nana BATMAN !!

Also, during the whole intro - just many gears did that batmobile HAVE ?