Xenomorphs and Predators: Can't Live Without 'Em.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Favorite Francise

Alien
38%
Predator
50%
Alien Vs. Predator
13%

Total votes: 16
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Xenomorphs and Predators: Can't Live Without 'Em.

This thread concerns people's opinions about the four Alien movies, the two Predator movies, and the two crossovers (the next AvP crossover is coming two years from now) My personal opinions are that the Alien movies are among the finest science-fiction/horror movies ever made. My opinion on the Predator movies is that they were good, but the second one kinda ruined the francise. My opinion on AvP is that it was decent, but it coulda had more action in it.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Oh, yeah, a note to the Mods: if this has been done before, sorry in advance, and if it has been done before, just lock it down and throw the key into a bottomless pit.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Toxicity

I loved all the Alien movies, and all the predator movies. They are all awesome. I liked AVP as well, but I think there was more potential there. I can't wait for the next one.
ORegan

i liked all of them....the aliens are like some wild animals from another planet and the predators are like super humans, who still keep up a code of chivalry(not killing civilians or pregnant people) but rather things that pose opposition and the thrill of fighting.

but why did it only take one alien to take out two predators? some hunters they are
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
tetsujin

I would find it pretty bizarre to say I like "The Alien Franchise" - I feel like the "series" is really four extremely different movies. I like "Alien", though, it's a very cool movie, and they knew how to make suspense films in the 70s. (Doesn't hurt that jiggling of all sorts was fashionable at the time, either...)
solid snake

While I liked all the films, I think I liked the Aliens movies the best, specifically Aliens since it was more of a sci-fi/action film instead of suspense.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Antares

Predator 1 is an epic tome of machismo. And an entertaining piece of action as well. The second one less so, but still okay. The first three Alien(s) -movies were excellent, Resurrection wasn't. AvP was a killer game, but the movie suffered from trying to live up staisfactorily to two franchises. It was a failure in my book. Don't know if I would want to watch a sequel (though I probably will). :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Toxicity

:shock: :shock: You're the first person I've ever heard say that alien ressurection sucks. Why? WHY!? :shock:
Antares

*sniff* Is there a slight taint of unseasonable sarcasm in the air? Or is it just eggnog? :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Toxicity

No, I' dead serious. You're the second person I've ever heard say that alien ressurection isn't their favorite alien movie (excluding AVP).
Homeless

I enjoy both franchises, but I prefer Predator.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Revan Vrake

I didn't mind Alien Resurrection, but the thing I dislike about it was the huge amounts of drool the aliens seemed to be giving off. They're not rabid :twisted:

I actually liked Predator 2 over the orginal, as it made more sense for it to land in a city to me. Why go to the jungle, with very few possible 'worthy' prey when you can go to a huge city with potentially thousands of trophies waiting for you?
Vash

This one's kinda hard to say. Alien has the two best movies of the lot (Alien and Aliens, arguable two of the best sci fi movies period) but also has the two worst. Predator 1 was great, but while 2 was ok it wasnt really anything to write home about. As for AvP, it was just overall meh. It wasnt terrible, but there was nothing really memorable about it, so its kind of like Predator 2 except its brought down more by the "kid-friendly" PG-13 rating. If only they'd have followed the setting of the games, it would have been alot better.
I guess I have to say Alien is my favorite, but the suck-fest of Alien 3 and AR and the awesomeness of Predator 1 make this closer than it would otherwise be if they just left it at 2 movies.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Neue Ziel

I like Aliens,but only ALIEN and ALIENS. Alien is a great Sci-fi horror movie and Aliens is the best Sci-fi action movie ever, beating both The 5th Element and The Martix. I like Predators but only the 1st movie and the graphic novel versions.The Xenomorph is still one of the scariest monster in the sci fi realm,just behind The Thing
I'm back.
mcred23

Well, my thoughts seem close to those of other people here. I like Alien, and I like Aliens far far more than that, but the rest of those movies I hate. The first Predator was alright, and simply thats it. Predator 2 was slightly less interesting than that, and AvP I thought was mediocre at it's best (Although still better than the last two Alien movies).

So yeah, I voted for Aliens.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
RGM-79G GM Command

I like them all except Resurrection and AvP which I hated, I really could not stand AvP at all, although I am probably going to see the second anyway since I really like the Pedators and Aliens series (They were some of my first sci-fi anyway.), but I like the Preds more than the Xenomorphs so I am going to vote for them.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
ZeonfromHell

Toxicity wrote:No, I' dead serious. You're the second person I've ever heard say that alien ressurection isn't their favorite alien movie (excluding AVP).
I will thoroughly agree, thereby making me the second person. Resurrection sucked. And not just a little. No! It reall really sucked. There was a lot of potential there. What a waste.

I really liked Predator. Arnold, Carl Weathers, Jesse Ventura. You can taste the steroids in that film. The second film was not as good, but Danny Glover, Gary Busey, and Bill Paxton bring it to the table.

(side note: 400 posts! w00t! 1337)
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.