Unicorn: This is what it means to be UC...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Interested yet?

Yep!
36%
Like a man in a desert needing water, I need more info!
57%
I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 meter beam polearm...
7%

Total votes: 42
Deacon Blues

The later would be a fanart...
Bright Noa

My two cents:

--This pic is not Unicorn. The eye sensors give it away. Unicorn has a variation of the Huckbein Mk. III's eye sensors from SRW.
--"Full Frontal": What hasn't been said about this guy already.....
--Banarge: Not bad....a little too generic looking, but I'll give him my blessings.
--Audrey: I will laugh my ass off if one of the novel's plot twists is that Audrey is actually Mineva Zabi with either amnesia or just using an alias to conceal her identity from radicals in the Earth Federation. Her age fits with how old Mineva should roughly be at this time in the UC...hence my speculation....

Overall, this story is a good addition to the UC because there is not much on the years right after CCA. Setting it in UC 0096 was smart, and I look foward to this.....
ShadowCell wrote:On the other hand, if they try to adapt this into English, I'd love to sit in on that meeting where they try to figure out what his new name will be.
That's going in my sig....I am going to have paraphrase it, but only to make it understandable to everyone who hasn't seen this thread.....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Wingnut

Bright Noa wrote:My two cents:

--This pic is not Unicorn. The eye sensors give it away. Unicorn has a variation of the Huckbein Mk. III's eye sensors from SRW.
True, although it is more like the MP Mk. II eye sensor actually. Mk. III has two eyes.
So what is that machine in the pic anyway and how did it get mistaken for the Unicorn?
Also if the girl does turn out to be Mineva Zabi, would that be a good or a bad thing?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Bright Noa

Wingnut wrote:True, although it is more like the MP Mk. II eye sensor actually. Mk. III has two eyes.
So what is that machine in the pic anyway and how did it get mistaken for the Unicorn?
Also if the girl does turn out to be Mineva Zabi, would that be a good or a bad thing?
Thanks. I knew it was either the MP Huckbein Mk. II or the Mk. III....flipped a coin and went with Mk. III
As for that fanart......I have no idea....maybe the shading of the colors made someone confuse it for Unicorn....

As for the Audrey-Mineva bit, I guess it would be a good thing because after ZZ, we have no info about her fate. If Mineva is actually Audrey, then it can probably wrap up some mysteries regarding her character.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
toysdream

You know, speaking of that one-horned mobile suit... Somehow I'm reminded of another white Gundam-type machine with a single horn on its forehead, which comes from another Universal Century that's full of Char clones.

In other words, the Gaia Gear Alpha.

-- Mark
solid snake

Well if Audrey is Mineva it would be interesting since she's heir to the Zeon throne and I don't think she's mentioned after Zeta.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
EFF Test Pilot

If Audrey is Minerva... Do you guys think this can go from UC 0096 to UC0100 when Zeon Republic gives up its autonomy?
wing zero alpha

I wouldn't mind if Audrey were Minerva to tell the truth, it would automatically get me interested if anything. My only quip is they made it predictable (as usual with "mysterious" characters) and her character design is just.... ugh. I'll take Audrey April over that any day.
DarkUnicorn

taken from the site i found the pic on. this is quoted from someones comment.

"The novel is previously announced, and it seems to be made to the animated cartoon afterwards. Supervisor's HARUTOSHI FUKUI is a famous young movie director in Japan. (generation who grew up in Gundam)The mechanism design is カトキハジメ.
The code name is assumed to be ZZZ Gundam.
It is a story that buries for Z Gundam and the counterattack of Shaa though it is a guess of the fan. "ZZ was buried to the dark though did, too" is a recent joke.
Some movies of the military one are taken though HARUTOSHI FUKUI is a novelist. The evaluation
is pros and cons."
bluemax151

DarkUnicorn wrote: カトキハジメ.
Why is Katoki Hajime written in Katakana?
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
DarkUnicorn

My FireFox does not post the katanas sorry…
Neo-Era

bluemax151 wrote:
DarkUnicorn wrote: カトキハジメ.
Why is Katoki Hajime written in Katakana?
That's the way his name is usually written in Japanese. Just the way he prefers it, I guess.
Gunota Headlines: Daily Gundam newsblog
The New Adventures Of Tomino-sama: Not-so daily Gundam parody webcomic
DarkUnicorn

Yesssssssssssss ^^

Clik meee
The Big Zabowski

Updates and meah..

I'm Reviving this thread with the intentions stated in the related Mecha thread.

With the new Psycomuu MS and Gera Doga knockoffs, could be said that Corporate wars with Anaheim and a certain Vist Foundation could have any doing with this new Zeonic insurrection? Could this have something to do with the terrorism plot of around UC 0001?

Also, there have been some udates since the last post in here, namely the introduction of the NAHAL ARGAMA in a Londo Bell fleet... So that's what happened to Beecha's old command <_<
Zeonic Republic Forums (Deacon Blues Admin) wrote:Day of the Unicorn 1

This particular portion of the story starts out in UC0096. It is a battle scene in which three Jegan mobile suits of the Federal Forces (actually, Londo Bello) are following the Garencieres and the MS Kshatriya. The three Jegans engage in battle with the pilot of the Kshatriya, Marida Cross, and subsequently get slapped down by the overwhelming strength of it's pilot and the funnels.

Gundam Ace February 2007 Issue

- Story begins four hours before UC0001.
- While UC0001 is ushered in, the residence of the Federation's Prime Minister official residence "Lhaplus" or "Laplace" explodes.
- A lone perpetrator named Siam discovers the "Laplace's box" amidst the wreckage.
-The Vist Foundation, which had strong influence against Anaheim, has pulled out numerous facilities from the Federation thanks to the Laplace's box.
- Next Issue Title: The Day of the Unicorn
- NOTATION:: 「ラプラスの箱」 can be translated as "Laplace's box" or "Chest of Laplace".
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Deacon Blues

Haha, I really need to reorganize that thread. It is such a mess. Well, I'll present some information here that has become readily available from the publications thus far:

CHARACTERS

INDUSTRIAL 7
  • Barnarge Lynx:: A sixteen year old student who goes to one of Anaheim's technical schools on the colony known as "Industrial 7." He's a rather ordinary boy who hasn't experienced war, more specifically what was known as the One Year War. However, thanks to his encounter with Audrey Burns, he will be involved in another catastrophic event that will disrupt the world. He has a part time job collecting space debris with a Petit Mobi (puchi mobi).

Takuya Irei:: A roommate of Banarge. He has aspirations to be a mobile suit test pilot for Anaheim Electronics.

Micott Birch:: Student at a private high school that is adjacent to the Anaheim Electronics Industrial College. Friend of Banarge and Takuya through the plant manager in the third work district via his father (who is the mayor?)
Audrey Burns:: A young noble girl with sapphire blue eyes. 17 years old. She goes to "Industrial 7" with a goal in mind, however upon her meeting of Banarge, her fate has been changed. (Note: I believe she snuck aboard a transport carrier)

Full Frontal:: Mysterious man called the "2nd coming of Char". He pilots a red MS and rallies the remnants of Zeon with his high charisma. Fights against Earth Federation Forces over "the secret" to the foundations of the Universal Century. Contrary to the meaning of his name, he trifles with Barnage and company with enigmatic behavior. Age unknown.

SOTSUDEKI
  • Zubelora Zinnemann:: Captain of the camouflaged cargo transport "Garencieres" which belongs to the Anti-Federation organization called "Sotsudeki" (『袖付き』)

Marida Cruz:: Eighteen year old female pilot of the mobile suit "Kshatriya," which is carried aboard the "Garencieres." She has long hair and blue eyes.

Savoir:: A pilot of the Geara Zulu.

Gilboa Santo:: A pilot of the Geara Zulu. Age: 30. African (black person is what the term is). Father's third child.

Flaste Scoal:: Garencieres helmsman. Age: 27.
VIST FOUNDATION
  • Siam Vist:: Born in a small country in the Middle East. His birthplace became home to the Earth Federation's "Space Immigration Plan." He was forced from his land. Shortly thereafter, he became unemployed thanks to his father becoming a separatist. He became involved in underground activities and by chance he became involved in subversive activities against "Lhaplus." Vist Foundation figurehead.

Cardias Vist:: Grandchild of Siam. The second generation proprietor of the Vist Foundation. Despite his age of 60, he doesn't feel it. He was a former fighter pilot with the Earth Federation Space Forces. The role of the "Chest of Lhaplus" is entrusted to him.

Gael Chan Cardias' secretary and bodyguard. He's the bearer of the security control of the UC plan, and has been temporarily placed within the organization and reports to the army and police (I have no idea what to make of his information in the story, sorry).
EARTH FEDERATION/LONDO BELL
  • Ricardo Marcenas:: A somewhat considerable liberal in terms of a Prime Minister of the Earth Federation, he was born in the US, but wandered through various countries such as Germany, France and Asia where he eventually grew up. He was elected as Prime Minister out of a family bloodline that spread over nearly thirty countries. He dies at the hands of terrorists who blew up his residence at the turn of the Universal Century. It is rumored that the relation of the terrorist events came in part of extreme rightwing influence (within the government) who disliked his liberal policies.

Liddy Marcenas:: A pilot belonging to the Londo Bell assault warship Nahal Argama. Rank of ensign (少尉). Born into a lineage of politicians, she had a strong willingness not to follow in those footsteps and instead enrolled in the military academy (fulfilling her dreams). Her nickname is "Obocchan" (no idea how to translate お坊ちゃん**). She's assigned to the Nahal Argama after for years of service at the academy she is assigned to the MS Instructor Corps for one year. With no combat experience whatsoever, she is assigned to pilot the MS Rezel (Identification number NA-R008).

Rozen Marcenas:: Heavyweight of the Federation Central Assembly and father of Liddy.

Jona Gibney:: Maintenance soldier and senior (longest served) member aboard the Nahal Argama. Head machinist?

Mihiro Oiwakken:: 22 year old oriental female bridge officer aboard the Nahal Argama. Assigned to the ship shortly after a half a year.

Raiyum:: Nahal Argama's subleader.

Norm Posillicock:: Nahal Argama MS Squad leader. Rank of Lieutenant Commander (少佐).

Otto Mitas:: Captain of Nahal Argama. Rank of Captain.
Dageda McCool:: Echoes squad commander. Rank of Commander.

** I said I wasn't sure what to nickname her because it is a female after all. お坊ちゃん means a young male who is from a rich family, tends to be rather gullible yet well educated and slightly overprotected, but knows nothing about the world. It's sometimes used as a banter to a rich person.
Last edited by Deacon Blues on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melchior

Whoa, a lot of new characters there, as well as the return of the Nahel Argama! Sotsudeki? Interesting name. I'm really interested in seeing pics of the Geara Zulu and the Rezel.
Zeonic Glory

Wait, theres a character named Siam? Wow that person has the old name of Thailand....
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.