What do YOU use to post on Mechatalk?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

What piece of tech do YOU use to post on MT?

I use my uber swiss army cell phone!
No votes
MAC FTW!
2%
I draw my posts, with a tablet..
No votes
I draw them too, but with my trusty sidekick, PDA THING!
No votes
I do my posting from the comfort of my easy chair, with a laptop!
13%
I steal time on the Library PCs..slow pieces of junk...
No votes
I use my trusty home desktop PC
85%

Total votes: 46
G.Squirrel

I use my PC that I need to upgrade badly. The thing still has PCI slots and only PCI slots. I could build my own rig for about $700 plus shipping, the only problem being that I need $800 :cry:
Cerpin Taxt

I post from my trusty desktop using firefox. I also use my pc in programming class and read and post from there sometimes
v_zubko

Laptop or predominantly desktop, with the latter running a nice raid setup and a version of XP that has been purged of most undesirables including IE and windows media player.
lalahsghost

Camille Vidan wrote:I often use my hands and sometimes my pc too.
With your hands?! I guess I've been doing this all wrong, laying my lappy on the floor and using my toes.

I've tried using my mind a few times, but kept getting 404s due to falling asleep. ~_~

Access MT rarely on other things because my lappy is like a six pound tumor that I love.
Adrune

I use the E.X.A.M and the A.L.I.C.E systems :twisted:
"Murderer? ..no.. I prefer Mortality technician" - Vlad
-Gundam Zzeed Destiny

"Find a tactic to kill him in a non lethal way" - Kira Yamato
-Gundam Zzeed Destiny
Wingnut

Adrune wrote:I use the E.X.A.M and the A.L.I.C.E systems :twisted:
So you use a tortured Newtype soul and an AI advanced enough to attain the status of being sentiant to post here? Jerk. You insult their memories by useing them for such tasks.

Now seriously, what do you use?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zetsu

Well usually, I call a committee of my most trusted subordinates together in a soundproof, windowless room. Then we discuss the matter at hand, every member speaking their opinion in turn, followed by a rigorous discussion of said opinion. Once we have have each finished our respective turn, if we have decided in favor of posting, we suggest people to add to the committee to decide what to post. Then once we have a sufficient roster, we cast preliminary votes. These votes are kept completely secret and are set aside in heavily locked and guarded(guards must have a full backround check and are ordered to use deadly force if needed)room until we can vote on a neutral party to count the tallies. This neutral party, composed of no less than 3 and no more than 5 people with a minimum of 10 years of experience counts the votes, and writes a formal report detailing the results of the preliminary vote. We then take a 5 minute recess, following a thorough discussion of the preliminary committee members, etc etc.
ShadowCell

Sounds like you have Congress for brains.

How grievous.
Wingnut

Okay that's enough.

The next person that posts something absurd like what is just above this post will recieve an automatic warning.
This thread was made as an inquery to what type of machine people use when they post on MechaTalk.
What I'm seeing is definately not what TBZ had in mind when he made this thread and it will stop now.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Heretic

Gee, now I can’t make a crack about being a self perpetuating entity that exists within the internet. Way to take away all my fun Wingnut.

I use my PC. Not the best computer hooked into the series of tubes but it serves me well for the time being. If only my DSL would stop dieing on me once every week I’d be able to do a heck of a lot more online.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Antares

I was going to say something funnyish, but since Wingnut red lighted it, I guess I have to admit that desktop at home, laptop when I travel (i.e. when at my mom's house, 'coz the comp there was the one they designed the original wheel on), and, my other desktop when at work. It is a great recreational tool when you're suffering through PowerPoint poisoning. Yes I said it. I dare the tech support people to come and get me for wasting valuable (nay, priceless) company time!
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
wilcosu35

i use my trusty desktop pc at home :) haven't got anything else. it is in need of extra memory and a dvd burner, but otherwise it serves me fine :)
mcred23

I, like most of the other people here, make about 99.999867% of my posts from my home computer, the exact same five-year-old Dell I used on the old boards.

For all of maybe three posts, I've used the computers at school. 8)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Bezerker

I use a NASA Grade P.O.S.....dell laptop that needs dropkicked off of a building and sometimes I use the ones at my community college..like now.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Strike Zero

I would usually post from my home computer... but that thing is a freakin' dinosaur (It still uses windows 98 :x ). So I usually post using the shiny new Macs and PCs at my school library.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Rei Murasame

My home PC, which incidentally (weather it's unfortunate or not is debatable), has more money invested in the audio aspect of it, then the entire rest of the system combined...

I use WinXP SP1, and my browser is Opera.
"And I... should contemplate this change...
To ease the pain.
And I... should step out of the rain...
And turn away..."
Vash

Wingnut wrote:Okay that's enough.

The next person that posts something absurd like what is just above this post will recieve an automatic warning.
This thread was made as an inquery to what type of machine people use when they post on MechaTalk.
What I'm seeing is definately not what TBZ had in mind when he made this thread and it will stop now.
Let people have a little fun, this isnt a scientific poll run by the government ~_~
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
bluemax151

I almost alway post on the man's time from my work desktop with their fancy pants T2(?) connection. ONLY IN AMERICA!
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Cardi Doorl

As I said before, it's usually my home PC, but some of my posts come from my school library PCs. This post right now is an example ;)
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Scyron

Our primar desktop is dead but that is 3 years older than my laptop, which also lacks several virii (dumb brother). In short I post from my laptop, at school or at home.