What do YOU use to post on Mechatalk?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

What piece of tech do YOU use to post on MT?

I use my uber swiss army cell phone!
No votes
MAC FTW!
2%
I draw my posts, with a tablet..
No votes
I draw them too, but with my trusty sidekick, PDA THING!
No votes
I do my posting from the comfort of my easy chair, with a laptop!
13%
I steal time on the Library PCs..slow pieces of junk...
No votes
I use my trusty home desktop PC
85%

Total votes: 46
The Big Zabowski

What do YOU use to post on Mechatalk?

Alright, I haven't seen one of these threads on mechatalk since it's restart on this phpBB format, and was curious about this question, so how do you guys do it?

How do you guys post on mecha talk?

Do you use a Cell phone?

A PDA?

A Desktop?

A Laptop?

A Tablet PC?

A MAC?

Well, let the world know what medium you users out there use to communicate with the world of Mechatalk!

And please, no flame wars or format fanboyism here or I will notify the Mods if they don't catch it before I do.
Last edited by The Big Zabowski on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cardi Doorl

I normally post from my home desktop, yet such an option is oddly absent from the poll... :/
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

I usually post from my home Windows XP, but sometimes, I go down to my school lib and sneak a peek at Mecha Talk. My lib computers are not slow pieces of junk, believe me.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
The Big Zabowski

OH for the love of..-_- Curse you Mike Rowe and your tire crushing ways..

Fixed.

I thought I had it on there too.. :cry:
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Bright Noa

Home computer.
Which is a Windows comp and I use Firefox.

In other words, the oddly absent "home computer" option or the equally absent "other" option....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
ShadowCell

I post using my mind.
The Big Zabowski

Yes, I am working on that..and the poll thing is acting up for me...

EDIT: I think I ran out of options..and I can't fix/delete any either. -_-
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

ShadowCell wrote:I post using my mind.
Well that explains a few things. Liar!

Me, I also use my personal desktop PC useing XP and IE. Hasn't failed me yet.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ORegan

oh well 1st i scripple what i want to say on a piece of paper, i put it in an envolope, that gets mailed away to malaysia. there, a small malasian boy takes it to the governments HQ. they then tie the note to a small gull of some sorts, preferably a seagull. the seagull flies across the space and time continuum where is lands in the planet "Gafagaglowfulzor" and alien takes the note and kills the gull for secrecy. he then telepathically takes over the mind of a 87 year old man in from the present time and forces the man to go to a library to type it on the forum

i use a sony viao, good story though
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
tetsujin

Re: What do YOU use to post on Mechatalk?

The Big Zabowski wrote:Alright, I haven't seen one of these threads on mechatalk since it's restart on this phpBB format, and was curious about this question, so how do you guys do it?

How do you guys post on mecha talk?

Do you use a Cell phone?

A PDA?
Yes, and yes. These days, what's the difference?
The Big Zabowski

You'd be surprised that some people still think there is a difference, and because of that, I put them as seperate entities to avoid things like the earlier "Wheres the Desktop" thing...

Though, I could just put "Though wireless hotspots" and knock out most of them..

-_-

This thread keeps getting more sour every minute..which may be why there never was one in the first place..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Toxicity

I use my home computer. I had no idea you could use things like cell phones or PDAs.
Zerosystem

I once got onto MechaTalk with a PSP, but gave up due to the horrific text entry. It's like trying to post a message using only the telephone number buttons.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
solid snake

I actually make a lot of my posts from school, but otherwise I use my home desktop.
Last edited by solid snake on Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Zeonic Glory

Well, I acess Mechatalk with my laptop and two of my desktops. On my laptop and desktop #1: Internet Explorer. For desktop #2: Firefox. (wish I could acess it with my mind... :cry: )

I'll just vote for laptop 'cause I use that the most

edit: nice story ORegan
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Fritz Ashlyn

I'm posting from my laptop with, WOO WOO!: IE-SIZEVEN!
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
alucard2

Most of time i use the XP/FF combo at home but sometimes i use the ultra-slow one at my school's library -_-
EZero8

I usually get on with my good ole` Windows 98+IE combo, but that just died like a month ago (8 years... 8 long years and the thing finally gave out... :(). Now, I'm sneaking on using my parent's Windows XP and IE, and anxiously awaiting a new computer.

At school, we're not allowed to go on the computers during class. But since my Archetecture class requires computer use in class, I sneak online and check up on stuff from that XP workshop computer. Funny thing is, the connection is alot faster than when I'm at home using the now-dead 98... :D
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
The Big Zabowski

PDA access, well I guess I can chalk up my experiences with that (which seem to be limited around here) to the status of Western Michigan as having the most reliable wireless connection for a university EVAR!(according to the OIT guys at least.) I mean, the entire campus is a hotspot, from the 6th floor of the valley dorms that have about 500 feet of tree cover PLUS over 1000 more feet separating them from main campus, to the basement/fallout shelter of the science hall at the heart of main campus...

Funny thing though, is the fact that all campus computers outside of the library, and maybe the library itself have T-1 lines for internet.

Talk about GTFO..

Though, I will agree that accessing the internet using a PDA/Cellphone/Blackberry is a pain for now, as the afore mentioned text entry issues that plague such small devices can only be alleviated by tacking on a pocket keyboard..which are expensivo!

But, I love my Dell Optiplex GX 280. Thing cost me a grand + with a CD/DVD burner drive, XP Professional, a Scanner/printer copier combo unit that was FREE (But craped out in a year and was replaced again with a higher quality and more compact/capable one for FREE), and copies of practically every Microsoft office app (including Publisher and Access) and what is now a standard flatscreen LCD screen that was actually a free upgrade <_<.

Oh, and I don't know about anyone else's Dells, but mine is damn near impervious to spyware lag and with Symantech anti virus actually can keep chugging at a good pace while I wipe out any virus trying to take advantage of my comp.

Damn thing's a TANK! Now all I have to do is repaint the black plastic a camouflage color...maybe something panzer inspired ^^

Oh, and adding hardware is easy, as I only have to press two buttons to pop open the case. I can't believe I had to pay 100 in labor to get a wireless card installed when I could have done it myself in five seconds..-_-

Anywho, I love my comp and it hates me. ^^
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Camille Vidan

I often use my hands and sometimes my pc too.