Red Steel Commerical: Some people get too involved..

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Would you play it?

Hell Yes!!
53%
Maybe, though I'd to it in private..
24%
Uh, no. I don't want to lower myself to that level..
24%

Total votes: 17
Gambit01

This is the classic, "So horribly bad it's awesome."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Shoelip

The Big Zabowski wrote:It is called the Wii for a reason..
Now why is that? I thought it was just like one of those weird things where they hear a word they think sounds cool and put it in a show even though they have no idea what it means. Like "Every planet's keeping twinkle.", "I believe in drastic my soul!" and of course “Kamehameha!”
Bezerker

i heard the Wii runs on the laughs of Japanese children...i still wish it was the Revolution...
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
The Big Zabowski

It's a play on the word "We" meaning all, or all encompassing game play. It was specifically designed for non gamers in mind, so that even Grandma Floyd could play Wii golf with his bad hip..

So yea, its meant to be the console for everyone, from little kids in diapers, to ornery old farts that would rather be playing poker in the us, or majong in japan/china..

That's why I like it...

Also, there is a standard controller made for the Wii called the "classic controller" which is like a SNES controller with two analog sticks like the PS2. It's meant for those gamers that would rather jump around and flail the controller like the good old days, instead of using the wiimote and getting mad and chucking it over their shoulder at a friend.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Morio-Kun

Whoops
Last edited by Morio-Kun on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morio-Kun

the video was cool, think what halo would be like if it hit the Wii.
since my first Gameboy pocket when i wsa seven, i have been a long time supporter of Nintendo. but trust me, i never thought that this would happen.
Nintendo is going to be ten times better than other councles.

the reason why nintendo has waited so long for a new platform was this and this is going to rock the gaming planet.

the Wii could be the next PS2, becasueit will hopefully get all the good games or a larger number.

Wii sales may be the highest becasue of the interactivness of the platform unlike others, REDARDLESS of the number(polyhedrens per second?) graphic that is on it.

i'd write more and with better clarity but i'm exahusted
*sigh*
Fritz Ashlyn

Shoelip wrote:Now why is that? I thought it was just like one of those weird things where they hear a word they think sounds cool and put it in a show even though they have no idea what it means. Like "Every planet's keeping twinkle.", "I believe in drastic my soul!" and of course “Kamehameha!”
Doesn't "Kamehameha" mean "turtle destruction blast" or something like that? In Hawaiian it means "the lonely one" according to Google.

Back on topic, like I said before, I plan on snagging a Wii eventually and flailing around like a fool regardless of who is present. I've got a buddy that I've got to play Madden against just because I want to see what kind of crazy crap he'll do with that controller.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Morio-Kun

I'd run around like that, maybe i can make it an excercise routine.
That guy look fit but it your 20 pounds over weight like me then i'd be burnen some calories

Sushi anyone?

Plus the sound affects make it look like your sane and not crazy.
Camille Vidan

Doesn't "Kamehameha" mean "turtle destruction blast" or something like that? In Hawaiian it means "the lonely one" according to Google.
There was a pub in Magnum PI called Kamehameha, so i don't think so it has this kind of OMG SUPERATTACK meaning, the creator just liked the word.

Anyway, when will red steel come out?
tetsujin

Shoelip wrote:
The Big Zabowski wrote:It is called the Wii for a reason..
Now why is that? I thought it was just like one of those weird things where they hear a word they think sounds cool and put it in a show even though they have no idea what it means. Like "Every planet's keeping twinkle.", "I believe in drastic my soul!" and of course “Kamehameha!”
Ka....

me....

ha....

ME....

HA!
Shoelip

Well for the lazy, here's a quote from the above link. Of course it is Wikipedia...

"In the Dragon Ball series, the Kamehameha wave is a powerful energy-based attack used by various characters. The name was suggested to author Akira Toriyama by his wife and means (in Japanese) roughly "Turtle Power Wave" or "Turtle Destruction Attack", a reference to the in-story character who originally created the technique, Muten-Rôshi the Turtle Hermit. It is not known whether Toriyama meant for this to be a reference to the former Hawaiian leader."
G.Squirrel

Grandma Floyd could play Wii golf with his bad hip..
So, you have androgenous grandparents Zabowski?

:P

the video was cool, think what halo would be like if it hit the Wii.
...It be just like every other shooter...

I have a feeling I'll end up with a Wii sometime or another, it's just too cool a gaming system to pass up.
The Big Zabowski

*The Squirrel of G wins multiple Internets*

BOUT DAMN TIME SOMEONE DISCOVERED THAT!

Nope, I wasn't born yesterday, so that probably wouldn't be possible for another 20-30 years.. But yeah, I was just trying to be funny. And it seems that it went over practically everyone's heads..<_<
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)