Red Steel Commerical: Some people get too involved..

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Would you play it?

Hell Yes!!
53%
Maybe, though I'd to it in private..
24%
Uh, no. I don't want to lower myself to that level..
24%

Total votes: 17
The Big Zabowski

Red Steel Commerical: Some people get too involved..

Yep, someone is taking this too seriously

On a serious note, this trailer makes the games controllers look interesting, and more immersive than just buttom mashing...

Discuss!!

(This is an official trailer for the game, which incidentally was cut up for the offical commerical on TV)
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Fritz Ashlyn

I have to say that, yes, I can deal with playing games like this in the presence of other people. I can pretty much play anything short of DDR in front of anyone after rocking OUT on Guitar Hero(s).
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Bezerker

DDR is the ultimate in Gaming Embarrassment...and i love every minute of it. But when your decent at it people get stunned when you don't mess up as ofter but to get back on topic... I think it would be cool to play that style in front of other people.
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Scheusal

:shock: Wow, that looks awsome. I think I have a reason to get a Wii :lol:

Also, no I would not mind flailing my arms around like that with people watching.
I am a Zeon pilot.
Those who launch with me will be protected.
Those who launch against me will be destroyed.
Any questions?
Scyron

no different than playing a normal game, eithe rutilizing a stylus to drawn, play guitar, dance or just pressing buttons correctly. I'm probably going to enjoy it with a shield and sword, from what I hear with zelda.
Camille Vidan

Is this a question? Of course i will buy it, don't you guys remember how much fun the light pistols were back in then? Now add some asians, blood, swordfight and destroyable aquariums=totally awesome.
RGM-79G GM Command

Camille Vidan wrote:Is this a question? Of course i will buy it, don't you guys remember how much fun the light pistols were back in then? Now add some asians, blood, swordfight and destroyable aquariums=totally awesome.
They removed the blood, said they could work on gameplay more that way. Off-topic, Fritz I didn't know you played Guitar Hero, I don't have the second yet but I love the first.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
ORegan

that looks retarded IMO, i dont wanna be hiding behind a couch and having to move around too much while playing a video game, thats what i would rather do if i was actually in a gun fight
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Toxicity

some day, the military is going to be using that game to train soldiers :lol:
That looks pretty cool. If only there was something like that for Xbox 360....
G.Squirrel

that looks retarded IMO, i dont wanna be hiding behind a couch and having to move around too much while playing a video game
Yes, because commercials always show the proper way to play a game. ALWAYS. :roll:

Most review websites (ie: ign, gamespot, etc.) state that you do not need to flail your arms around wildly to control your character on screen and that the most comfotable position to hold the wiimote is really somewhat like holding a regular controller.

Besides, I know plenty of people that play like what is shown in the commercial without a wii anyway.
ORegan

G.Squirrel wrote:
Yes, because commercials always show the proper way to play a game. ALWAYS. :roll:

well yeah thats true, but if u have to play that way(which u stated it isn't(thank god) i would kill anyone playing like that if i saw them :P
G.Squirrel wrote:Besides, I know plenty of people that play like what is shown in the commercial without a wii anyway.
i know ppl like that too, i constantly tell them that their movements of anything but their fingers would effect the game play
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
solid snake

Well I don't think I'd get quite that into it, but it'd be fun if I did. :lol:
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Shoelip

That actually looks interesting, I wonder how much your motion actually effects the game, but I gotta say: They put the sights on the top for a reason, fool!

Also, the graphics look kind of... current gen?
The Big Zabowski

Yep, I don't think they did much of an upgrade of processing power for the graphics, and instead centered on the processing power of inputs from the controller. With this kind of gaming, and the centering on people other than die-hard gamers, I'd think that they would be more interested in people actually playing the game rather than looking at pixels.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Shoelip

Graphics are exteremely important to an action game, especially with all the obsession with 'Imersion' these days, and flour like Oblivion. I think it's perfectly normal to expect a 'next-gen' console to have 'next-gen' graphics. Casual gamers aren't known for looking past the graphics.
The Big Zabowski

Actually, the Wiimote and Nunchuck are what Nintendo are betting on this holiday season. In an interview for gamespot, one of the company reps said that the only difference between Legend Of Zelda TP for the Gamecube and Wii, will be that the Wii version will be more responsive and make gameplay more interactive. Other than that, they said that the graphics will depend on the quality of TV, meaning that if you have a flat-screen HD ready TV (like my 16" dorm one, which cost $250), then yes, you are going to get really good graphics. Play it on an old tube analog TV, and they will be as bad as the current GC.

Nonetheless, I am pretty much sold on the Wii after seeing the fishing function of the wii controllers in action. I always loved the little side fishing game in Ocarina and find that this one takes the cake.

This may be because of the fact that I am not a hardcore gamer or system fanboy, and could care less about the graphics. Rather, I want to play an IMERSIVE game that allows me to practically be part of the action in my own home.

Hell, the guy they were interviewing for gamespot said that when firing the bow for Twilight Princess, you can hear the line drawing back and getting taut right near your hand because of built in speakers on the controllers. Then, once fired, the wizzing noise of the arrow will start at the controller, gradually get softer as it soon picked up on the TV set and gets louder there.

In this way, it gives the impression that the arrow is really flying from your hand and onto the TV, albeit kinda primitively for the technology of today. But, who knows, maybe they will make graphics expansion packs or cards that can be plugged into the Wii, as well as enhancements for the motion control system for the controllers.

Either way, I am sold on the Wii, just because of what you can do with Legend Of Zelda on the Wii, and not on the GC.

And, maybe because of my having not played a Legend Of Zelda game in over 4-5 years..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Shoelip

Cripes, that does sounds really cool. It's kind of depressing though that the only company that would dare to do something so original is nintendo cause I don't like any of their games, except zelda.

You got what I was saying backwards, I think real hardcore gamers aren't concerned as much with graphics as they are with gameplay but most casual gamers won't look past the graphics. That is why Oblivion is considered so imersive and such a great game and is so damn popular despite it being a travesty. It's looks great.
Scyron

Shoelip wrote:Cripes, that does sounds really cool. It's kind of depressing though that the only company that would dare to do something so original is nintendo cause I don't like any of their games, except zelda.

You got what I was saying backwards, I think real hardcore gamers aren't concerned as much with graphics as they are with gameplay but most casual gamers won't look past the graphics. That is why Oblivion is considered so imersive and such a great game and is so damn popular despite it being a travesty. It's looks great.
Not to derail but I hardly think Oblivion was a travesty, it was perfect for me, offline mmorpg for my anti-social behavior.
Shoelip

That is the exact reason it's a travesty.

It's full title is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. That IV is a roman numeral 4. It's so untrue to the last three games in the series that you'd have trouble beleiving it if I explained it. Imagine, the Final Fantasy movie without a story and you might get some idea.

It's dumbed down both in gameplay and technical aspects for casual gamers playing on an X-Box 360.

I guess maybe the Wii is trying to appeal to people who don't play games at all rather than just casual gamers.
The Big Zabowski

Actually, for Zelda, the shown game play shorts do show remarkably done graphics that surpass anything I've seen on the PS2, X-box, and GC. Now, they might not be as good as the 360 or PS3, but they are still good. So I'm sure they've thought about the hardcore gamer as well.

I mean, if you want Harder Core, you can go to the PS3 or 360.. but I guess you are right about them targeting those that don't play games as well.

It is called the Wii for a reason..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)