Who Do You Think Will Win The Next-Gen Console War?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Who Will Win?

PlayStation 3
45%
Xbox 360
24%
Wii
31%

Total votes: 29
mcred23

I can say from the way I've heard it talked about in my school (I myself have yet to see it), it clearly has turned people away from the PS3. I'd like to see it myself, just to find out why...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
The Big Zabowski

Red, think White room, PS3 console sitting in the middle with an unclothed bald baby doll sitting 10 feet away. Minimal music which is more like ambient noise, and then the baby starts cooing in a metallic echoing voice. It starts laughing like an adult while it's mouth (obviously animatronics) mouths the laughing. Zoom into the eyes and see explosions, blood, fire, and other things associated with war. Pan back to the PS3, and it is floating 3 inches off the ground.

Screen immediately goes black with ///7 in small white print.

In all honesty, I thought it was a trailer for a horror movie before I realized that box was a PS3..

Slightly creepy indeed, which makes me wonder what their game base will be..Horror/war anyone?

I, on the other hand, will be renouncing Sony and going for Microsoft with the 360. I just like it for the wireless hardware coming from a reputable computer company along with the computer hardware as well.

Dunno about using Live though ...
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Camille Vidan

I've just seen it.
Now I can totally understand your schoolmates.
mcred23

And I just looked it up on YouTube, and apparently a second one that had a rubik's cube in it. My first thought was "Um... this is for the PS3?", promptly followed by "This is ment to sell a video game console?!".

Honestly, I thought the pre-launch 360 commericals with kids singing songs and people playing in the streets (Or something like that) were kinda weird... but this is just...

I don't know what they are trying to sell with this ad, but I don't think it would get me to buy it...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Camille Vidan

The rubik cube one makes more sense i think, but still it's pretty cheap. But sony supporters like it anyway.
Anonymous

WOW heheheh surrealist nightmare...Luis Buñuel would be proud...screw it i am getting a PS3 cos they do F**K up adds!!!!

Put that Vid strait on my Myspace...all bow down before our new god!!!!
(holds up bloody chicken while standing naked in cenral london and going BLAHHHHHHHH!)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Big Zabowski

It was kinda shocking at the end though, when the cube went off like a grenade.. I think those uber conservatives might want to censor that commercial because of that ending just for the similarity to a grenade..

That, or do what they did with the baby commerical and air it after 10PM on national cable..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Camille Vidan

And what do you guys think, what's the meaning of this comercials? I've read that it probably brings life to objects but i'm curious about your opinions.
The Big Zabowski

Maybe, and then again, it might bring life to itself.

Just look what they are implying in this commercial

If THAT's what is powering the PS3..then that's just scary, and raises the question of why it hasn't been implemented on PCs before the PS3..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Anonymous

Like you I thought it meant to say that the PS3 gives life to the inanimet or that its power takes the world to a new level or some other Bull. or iy could be seen as just a seemingly meaningless/weird commercial like Ridley Scotts Apple Add from the 80's.

Dunno but i like it much more than the 1st 360 adds with the ogre thing at the end. it appeal to the silent hill fan in me
Anonymous

If THAT's what is powering the PS3..then that's just scary, and raises the question of why it hasn't been implemented on PCs before the PS3..
thats cos Sony's probably Bull S***ing again still getting one though..warhawk still looks like a PS2 game graphics wise :(
The Big Zabowski

Thats ... not what I took away from the commercial. I thought that it was implying that the advances put it leaps and bounds ahead of any computer technology out there, and frankly it is shaping up to be that way.

8 DIFFERENT PROCESSORS ON A SINGLE BOARD!? Wow, that's just a WTF thing right there ... Now I think I know where that 600 dollar price tag is coming from.. It's a damned supercomputer/mini-computer..

And just for you guys that haven't taken classes that lay out the different types of computers, a server and some network hubs are often considered Mini-Computers, while your desktop is considered a Micro-Computer. Those big honking refrigerators in the basements of office buildings, are actual computers.

EDIT: The narrator almost sounds like Edward James Olmos.. And DON'T DOUBLE POST!
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
RGM-79G GM Command

A member at Gamefaqs said if the baby had a knife it would give him nightmares. It creeps me out, I really like the rubics cube one more, although they are both weird.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Camille Vidan

Wow, I like this ad, but they are just big words. The ps2 had multiple processors too.
Anonymous

sorry wasn't trying to double post just answering differnet people qesutions too slowly so your post beat me.

sorry

go PS super computer...an army of blade wielding babies would rule any how...pity halloweens over : (
RGM-79G GM Command

The Big Zabowski wrote:Maybe, and then again, it might bring life to itself.

Just look what they are implying in this commercial

When I saw this I started thinking about how in PS4 commercials they will say how PS4 will take over man kind. ^_^
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
Anonymous

When I saw this I started thinking about how in PS4 commercials they will say how PS4 will take over man kind. ^_^
i'd truts a PS4 more than the crazed disembodied head of bill gates and his army of Xbox720 powered mini Bill Gates pleasure robots :evil:
Camille Vidan

Until we have Arnie, it won't.
G.Squirrel

8 DIFFERENT PROCESSORS ON A SINGLE BOARD!? Wow, that's just a WTF thing right there ... Now I think I know where that 600 dollar price tag is coming from.. It's a damned supercomputer/mini-computer..
Honestly, I would take every word in that commercial with a grain of salt. I'll believe it when I see it (and I probably will, my friend is dead set on getting one).

Note: I'm not contesting the eight proccessor bit, just the "super computer" or "ultimate processor" claims.
solid snake

That baby commercial was disturbing. Clearly Sony has been doing everything in its power to shoot itself in the foot regarding advertising.

And I think the narrator for the rubix cube commercial was Lance Henriksen.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.