Which PS3 will you buy?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Which PS3?

20 GB version
27%
60 GB version
73%

Total votes: 11
solid snake

Which PS3 will you buy?

This is a question I keep asking myself. Other then the $100 difference and the size of the hard drive, there aren't too many differences between them except for Wi-Fi capabilties and memory card readers. It's even backwards compatible right out of the box unlike 360. At this point I'm undecided. How about you?
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

20 gig, I don't really care if I get more capacity. I'll only use the PS3 for gaming and nothing more.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
RGM-79 GM

60gb. if i'm gonna spend $500 i might as well go for the extra $100 and get the better one...besides its got chrome letters.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Vash

$600 version. I got stuck with the retard pack at the 360 launch, I'd like to not have to repeat that. Hopefully rumors of 80% of the launch units being premium systems are true.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Dark Duel

Whichever one I can get...and I'll not get it right when it comes out, either, but once the price has gone down...a lot.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
tetsujin

Yeesh... The 120GB hard drive in my PS2 didn't cost me $100...

I still need to figure out if I'm getting a PS3. A lot of that will probably depend on Armored Core - not just AC4 and how it turns out, but also future sequels in the line - and I want the final word on how the PS3 online support plays out. I'm not too keen on the idea of paying for Live, but it definitely has some nice functionality that's worth paying for...
bluemax151

My plan is to buy all the games I must have and wait to get a PS3 until there is no bugs and it's cheaper. I learned my lesson from my first two playstation purchases :P
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
sniperwolf

Im going to get the 60GB version not as soon as it gets out but untill im sure that there is no bugs and there is a game good enough to spend 600$ on;becuse if im goin to get a game system im going to get one that i'll enjoy not regret
Whenever you see that red laser on your shirt, be very afraid........
SNT1

I'll probably get the one that first drops to 300 bucks
Random_GM_Pilot

SNT1 wrote:I'll probably get the one that first drops to 300 bucks
If I do end up getting one, that'll likely be my plan as well.

Though neither at the moment, since I don't want a single one of the launch games. I might get one after the buzz has died down and things like MGS4 and MSG: Target in Sight become available.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
ORegan

id like to get the 600, just 100 more and u get alot of crap, i just need $600....anyone wanna loan me the money?
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
RGM-79G GM Command

Random_GM_Pilot wrote:
SNT1 wrote:I'll probably get the one that first drops to 300 bucks
If I do end up getting one, that'll likely be my plan as well.

Though neither at the moment, since I don't want a single one of the launch games. I might get one after the buzz has died down and things like MGS4 and MSG: Target in Sight become available.
Target in Sight is a launch title IIRC.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!
mcred23

Yep, Target In Sight is indeed a launch title. According to GameSpot, it's release date is November 17th.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ORegan

which is the one where you can get in and out of MS and fight as the pilot himself as well as fighting in the MS? i thought it was a 360 game
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
mcred23

That is indeed Mobile Ops: The One Year War, which is for the Xbox 360. It's due for release some time in '07.

ORegan

that would be a kick ass game if it comes to the ps3(which it wont i assume) but back ontopic, the games that seem to me to be good release titles would be

MGS4
GTA(4?)
killzone 2
and target in sight
mcred23

You are right, Mobile Ops is only for 360. Every system gets it's own Gundam game.

On another note since you reminded me of it, is GTA4 confirmed to be coming out as a release title? I wasn't aware of it's release date (Which I'm taking is around the time the PS3 comes out), only that it will be on both PS3 and 360 at about the same time...

ORegan

i dont really know, because they had number 3, then went to vice city, then to san andreas...so techniquaclly they should be at 6, but since 4 was never a realease title, i really cant say
Vash

GTA4's release date has been set at October 16, 2007 for both ps3 and Xbox 360.
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Enki

60 GB for sure, and i definately look forward to playing Ridge Racer 7 and Sonic The Hedgehog when it comes to looking for launch titles (i may be wrong on RR7 being a launch title but that series usually is the one that launches whenever theres a new system).