Which upcoming Video Game System do you plan on buying?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Which upcoming Video Game System do you plan on buying?

Sony Playstation 3
34%
Nintendo Wii
31%
Both
14%
Neither, I'm broke!
20%

Total votes: 35
volrath77

I'll definitely get PS3.

1st reason: It may look expensive now but once it is out, I anticipate Microsoft to lower XBox 360 price. Result? Price war. PS3 may still be slightly more expensive than 360 at the end of the day but still, I'll still get reduced price & snag 360 as well in the process as my 2nd choice buy.

2nd reason: AFAIK, Microsoft is still stuck with the antiquated zoning/DVD region codes/copy protection mechanism. Sony is abandoning that concept. PS3 can play any game from any region and again, AFAIK this was confirmed from the get-go.

3rd reason: The games. MGS4, AC4, Final Fantasy & stuff. I buy the system which has the most games that I do play, not because of the system that supposedly has more titles....and most of all, because of this - my fav game of them all - ZOE3 - is PS3 exclusive.
Anonymous

Nice to see another PSM3 reader, still prefered the older mag design, anyway as soon as i heard about ZOE3 PS3 became a must.

Been toying with the 360 but i've always had a massive hatred towards it....not sure why? I just want consoles to always be asian in origin.

At £425 the PS3 (george forman lean mean) console is a bit pricy but was'nt the Saturn like £600 on release? Any way us brits and europeans have until next march to save up....damn you Sony :x
RGM-79 GM

well in a way your lucky i mean if there are lots of problems they will probably be fixed before you guys get them. PS3 can't play any game from any region the blue-ray disks are region free not the PS3 itself. so it can play blue-ray disks from any region but not any disk of any region. i think.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Folken Fanel

3rd reason: The games. MGS4, AC4, Final Fantasy & stuff. I buy the system which has the most games that I do play, not because of the system that supposedly has more titles....and most of all, because of this - my fav game of them all - ZOE3 - is PS3 exclusive.
Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as exclusive anymore. Pretty much every game that was announced exclusive to so and so's console is now multiplatform.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
volrath77

RGM-79 GM wrote:PS3 can't play any game from any region the blue-ray disks are region free not the PS3 itself. so it can play blue-ray disks from any region but not any disk of any region. i think.
Maybe I should've made my post clearer. If you mean movie disks, they will still be subject to region coding but then again, I don't use my console to watch movies. I have my DVD player for that purpose so that won't be a concern. The thing that matters to me about PS3 is the games and as far as I'm concerned, no more region coding.
Folken Fanel wrote: Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as exclusive anymore. Pretty much every game that was announced exclusive to so and so's console is now multiplatform.
Until a game is explicitly announced that it is in other consoles' title lineup, for the time being & from a glance at the the title lineup for PS3/XBox 360/Wii on wiki, some games are available to a particular console only.

So yeah, AFAIK at this point in time, my statement on ZOE3 above is pretty much correct.
RGM-79 GM

no i mean PS1 and PS2 games. you can't play PS1 and PS2 games from any region on a PS3. you have to have a PS3 from the region that the games are from. PS3 games are region free but not PS1 and PS2 games thats what i meant.
US Army Infantryman's creed wrote:In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous; Armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country's trust. Always I fight on: through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all. If necessary, I fight to my death
Vash

Folken Fanel wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as exclusive anymore. Pretty much every game that was announced exclusive to so and so's console is now multiplatform.
Yeah, I had so much fun playing Gran Turismo 4 on gamecube, Xbox port of Tekken 5 was awesome. I understand what you're saying, alot of games (coughassassinscreedcough) do wind up going cross platform, but there ARE still some exclusives :roll:
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Alot of RPGs remain on PS2 though, and also there's still Yakuza which is a Ps2 Exclusive.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Toxicity

I've been wondering:

#1) Is sony ever going to make the Playstation a 4 player console without having to buy some expensive attatchment?

#2) Is the Xbox 360 capable of playing DVDs like the original XBOX?
Anonymous

1)PS3 wire less and surrports 4 people...maybe more not sure

2)360 plays DVDs fine as far as i've seen...but knowing micro-tossers they'll still make you buy extra crap to make it work properly
SNT1

I'll get the console that will have GT5 and FFXIII... o wait that's $600 + tax + games, maybe later... But I won't even bother would Wii.

and /slightofftopic, I want to get an X360 too...sometime.
mcred23

Apsalus's Twisted Child wrote:2)360 plays DVDs fine as far as i've seen...but knowing micro-tossers they'll still make you buy extra crap to make it work properly
A normal 360 plays normal DVD's (And CD's for that matter) perfectly fine, so you don't need anything extra to make it work properly.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Vash

Yes, the 360 does not require any sort of extra perhipherals to play dvd movies and audio cds, unlike the original Xbox which required the remote dongle to play dvd movies. Microsoft will be releasing an HD-DVD drive next month for $200 that will allow playback of HD-DVD movies on Xbox 360 (they swear up and down that this will never be used or required in any way to play 360 games).
A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him.
Bezerker

I'm gonna be buying the Wii.

I'm not a Hardcore gamer and PS3's pricetag is just out of my reach. Plus you can't go wrong with Zelda and having all the sports games the other systems will have.

And people may think the remote has little importance but in this world of dual joystick remotes, i think this is pretty cool.

I seen a demo of Twilight Princess in which you fire the bow by aiming with the small joystick ontop of the otehr half of the remote and pull the trigger to fire....the only problem is that the joystick is really sensative so its rather hard to aim with, that aside im still buying the Revolution i mean Wii
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
Blue Comet

Most likely PS3 since Sony's always had the titles i want in the past. But I'm FOR SURE going to wait until that fricken price point comes down. I don't necessarily care how long that takes since i don't consider the PS2 even close to being obsolete technology yet.

I may be a gamer but I do have price standards. Especially when it's a price no averagely paid gamer could afford.

So I guess for now ill just say neither 8)
ZeonfromHell

Ok, could somebody tell me(or give ma a link to information on) the advantages of the Wii over the two competitors? Is there a website that compares all three (besides Gamespot)?
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
ultimatenewtype

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Considering the PS3's price tag, I'll most likely get a Wii first.
high price tag or not, th PS3 will destroy the Wii and XB360 in console and game sales.
tetsujin

ultimatenewtype wrote:high price tag or not, the PS3 will destroy the Wii and XB360 in console and game sales.
Why? I mean, I think it might be nice if it worked out that way, but how can you say that as though it's inevitable?
Nimrod

Neither. I want to see more games for the Wii before I decide on buying it or not.

I will not buy the ps3. With the announced price point of $550 cnd for the cheap machine and nearly $700 cnd for the better one, that's money I could easily use for better things than a gaming machine that will be obsolete a few years. As well, we still don't know if the Blu-Ray will be winning out/sticking around in the long run. If it's not, that's going to be quite the expensive paper-weight you've got there.
RGM-79G GM Command

I am definetly getting a Wii, but plan on getting a 360 after I get a Wii.
Thundermuffin's TEGSD: MEYRIN: Ma’am! The Archangel has arrived and launched a giant, man-shaped robot at us! Likelihood of it being a mobile-suit… (Meyrin does some quick calculations on her console)…ninety-nine point eight percent!
ARTHUR: Good God, that’s almost a hundred-percent!