UC Gundam: Another Chapter.

Your own tale of two mecha.

Do you enjoy reading my story?

Yes, for some reason I do enjoy reading the story.
17%
No, it's a waste of time.
33%
No comment.
50%

Total votes: 6
riku hasegawa

I'm starting this out several weeks ago in another forum. I'm thinking to put it also in here to attract more people to read my story. This is my story using the respective UC timeline similar used in the Gundam Series. It's basically another side story and I hoped you'll enjoy reading it as I enjoyed writing this story. The story will be slow paced at the first time, take your time to read it and bear with my writing style. I’m a novice at writing, so forgive me if I’m wasting your time in my story. Thus, this is my story.
riku hasegawa

EDIT: Read bellow. I summarized the whole start. Thank you.
Last edited by riku hasegawa on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
riku hasegawa

The night sky looks beautiful; it’s full of celestial objects that make me wonder about the space and beyond. I myself am not so fond of such objects but it’s hard to resist. At least I feel it that way, especially to the stars that glow bright in the darkness of the night. Even the sky is amazingly clear in here and whoever look up at the sky in the night would see the stars filling up the entire view up above. It’s different from any other place I know, but then now I’m so far away from anywhere I ever been.

I look at the sky again and thinking more about myself. They call me Rick even though that isn’t my real name. Similar but not exactly right, but to be called Rick is fine with me. I’m on my twenty-three this year. I live most of my time in Europe as a common citizen of the Earth Federation although at that time nobody cares about being Federation. That was years of peaceful time until the so called organization called the Zeon are waging wars over space and then earth. The year was UC 0080 when the infamous One Year War (OYW) between the Federation and the Zeon, reached its boiling point. The same year I decided to enter the Federation military as a cadet for a mobile suits training and education program.

Someone at the academy asked me about my motivation for joining the Federation military. I answered plainly that I want to help people from suffering that was caused by the Zeon. I was naïve back then and still was. For me the Zeon military is clearly a sick-psycho. There’s no way to rationalize with their reasons, they’re the one who dropped a colony into earth. The colony itself is a form of giant metal cylinders in size of a small city. It was designed to sustain the harsh condition of the space to provide human the ability to live normally out of earth boundary. But tragically it was used as the ultimate weapon by the Zeon. To turn the tide in their wars with the Federation they dropped a colony to Jaburo, but hit Australia instead and literally destroyed the entire city of Sydney, millions were killed.

Many other were joining the Federation to provide man power to fight back and restore security. We fear that the Zeon will cause more destruction and any lunatic who able to kill millions of people need to be stopped. That was our motive but when we graduate from the academy the war had already ended. I opt to remain in the military and was assigned to mobile suit training program in the South East Asian. All my efforts in the training program earn me the rank of 2nd Lieutenant for MS pilot. No more rookie but still inexperienced.

Just after the end of the training program I was asked for a participation in the stand-alone naval task force toward the Oceanic area. Nowhere to go, I enlist in as MS pilot. They put me in the 2nd MS Team under Captain Paul Andes. The very mission for this task force is to make sure the security in the target area. After OYW not all Zeon forces are able to return to space. Some are stuck in the earth and hiding from the Federation, such cases already happened several times in many different conditions. Even after three years after the war has ended, there still some remote areas left unchecked by the Federation. Some are just too remote and had no importance to the Federation, but this one particular area had the attention of the Federation due to facts that Zeon are using this base as supply post until Odessa campaign around UC 0079. Today’s situations are unconfirmed at that area.

To be continued.
Last edited by riku hasegawa on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
riku hasegawa

This particular area known as Oceanic Region consisted of several major islands and many smaller island formations. It was located far north-east from the Australia continent or far south-west from Hawaii. The region was surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. It’s halfway from America to Australia, literally crossing a quarter of the earth diameter without finding anything else than the ocean and small uninhabitable islands.

Thus, an independent task force was formed for this task. A fleet of naval forces and included with several salamis with its mobile suits team. Our objective was to assure there’s no more Zeon remnants threat in the target area. The target area scattered around the Oceanic Region. The three big islands are likely our main concern as the little island can’t provide enough space and cover for a hideout base.

After weeks of sea travel we arrived a month ago in this area and proceeding to search or locate any possible threats from the Zeon remnants. Our forces already confirm the first island as Zeon-free and thus advancing toward the second island. My MS team was not embarked at the first island. We embarked at the second island which is bigger than the last one and had some small Federation base before the Zeon took over the place by overwhelming forces. We re-occupied the federation base as it was abandoned. We found the remaining Federation soldier and staff along with the island natives. They confirmed the Zeon forces, but they haven’t seen them since the occupation of the base in 0079. The Zeon only destroyed the base weaponry, communication facilities, and several ships. Some Federation soldier and staff escaped the island but several already feels home in this island and opted to stay. From them we know that they last saw the Zeon heading to the center of the island before disappear.

The 01, 02, 04 MS team was embarked and guarding the new established HQ not far from the reoccupied base. The 03 with half naval fleet try to patrolling the coastal area. For three days there aren’t any MS activities else than guarding the HQ, both for day and night shift. Here I am in the third day with my MS team, the 02 under Capt. Paul Andes guarding the HQ. We stationed at some high ground just above the coastal, from here we could cover the HQ from any flanking attempts. It was night as I said before. The RGM-79 I piloted humming soft when I shift direction. Gently the MS shifting position from the inland view to the coastal where the HQ located. I notice the activities in the HQ. Even at this late they still working, I don’t exactly know what they’re doing but perhaps some planning for this island operation.

I hear the captain now calling us out, “Jasper you’re not sleeping, aren’t you?” Then I hear Jasper “No Capt. Not really, just drooling some, hahaha”. Jasper's unit is the closest to mine. And we're using the same MS type, RGM-79. Only the Captain had the RGM-79C.

“Roger, Jasper. Hey Rick, report on your conditions?” I answer “Nothing unusual here sir.” Then it’s Irvin, he reporting before asked “It’s Irvin, got the same. But there are more activities in the HQ, is there anything happening sir?” I add “I notice the activities, but I think it’s not unusual.” Then it’s the Capt “Don’t know about that yet. Maybe in the morning, just concentrate in our mission and we’re doing alright.”

Else than the hourly calls, we found the night to be eventless. At dawn, the 04 MS team replaces us and we’re heading back to the HQ. The night shift was exhausting, even if it’s only a sitting job but it’s frustrating. Lacking sleep and hours of boring duty makes the team rather low on spirit. The final approach to the base and entering base field hangar, after Captain and Jasper, I lowered down my MS just left of the Jasper’s unit. I open the cockpit hatch and finding the maintenance staff already waiting for me. I sign the maintenance form, and noting there’s nothing wrong in my unit. After that, I walked with the Irvin and Jasper to the pilot quarter. Capt. Paul will need to attend the morning meeting before retreating to his quarter. It’s already sunrise when we reached the quarter. I decide to take a nap before I get some headache. After dropping my footwear and shirt, I jump to my bed and found the urge to sleep irresistible.

To be continued
Last edited by riku hasegawa on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
riku hasegawa

It was dreamless. The heat and the humid awaken me. I was sweating in my bed, the air conditioner broke again. I was alone although I share quarter with Irvin. I wake up and notice it’s already 1 PM. I took a shower and found Jasper in the main room. “Jasper do you see Irvin?” He replies, “No, I thought he’s with you in the quarter, maybe in the cafeteria.” I chat with Jasper for some time before heading out to cafeteria. I found Irvin there; he’s having a meal with some men from the base. I take some meal, and listening to the conversation.

“Hey it’s truth. There’s Anavel Gato the nightmare of Solomon in the Torrington base last night. He hijacked a Gundam which to be tested on earth.” Some other asks more or adding some joke. I hear Irvin asking, “Anavel Gato? I though he’s dead after OYW.” Someone replies, “No he’s reaching our asses again, this time with Gundam” A loud laugh and then some serious discussion. “But seriously, why does he hijack Gundam. Even if it’s a Gundam, but he can possible stole a MS unit from Earth only because it’s Gundam.” A pause for a minute before somebody answers the question, “I heard it was tactical stuff, maybe some secret weapon.”

From the conversation I get some picture of the accident. It seems a Federation base, Torrington was raided by some MS band of Zeon successfully hijacked a Gundam and escape. The base itself is in Australia it’s far from here, no wonder we got no order to make relief forces whatsoever. It’s really far from here, probably ten hours of flight or more to South East before reaching Australia continent. But then, this is the very first time the Zeon conduct a raid to the Federation base after three years. Is the Zeon once again on the rise? Do we’ll see another war? I finished my meal with that kind of thinking. I head to the HQ; probably there I’ll find more information. If the war is about to start, I want to know. In HQ I just read the news board when someone calls me out, although not entirely by name.

“2nd Lieutenant, you’re a pilot aren’t you?” I nod and add, “Yes, is there something wrong?” The one who called me is a senior staff; she’s on around 25 and a good looking one. She says, “No, not really. But could you give this note to Capt. Paul Andes from the 2nd MS Team?” I nod again, but hey perhaps I can ask her a little bit about the raid, “Yes he’s my team leader, I’ll give him the note. But uh, could you tell me more about the raid in Torrington base?” She hand over the note, give a shrug and replies, “You pilot boys knows the same as we do in the HQ. There’s no more information and there’s less confirmation about the story of the Gundam and the nightmare of Solomon. She smiled before returning to his office somewhere in the HQ building. I continued to read the news board and realize there isn’t any news about Torrington else than it was raided last night, end of story.

I remember the note for Captain, and heading toward the officer quarter. It’s beside our own quarter. After saluted several officer, I found the Capt. Paul in the quarter. He notice me before I address him, “Hey Rick, you should be back in bed. We got more night duty this night. Tell the other to sleep when they could.”

“What, again?” I give him my best stupid look, earning his smirk. “No I’m not joking Rick, the 01 who should taking our role is assigned to do some recon. Thus it’s only us, the 02 and 04 MS Team here in the base.” Before thinking about his answer I hand over the note, “It’s from HQ for you Capt.” He read the note for a minute before telling me about the note, “I told you before that the 01 are doing a recon bound to the center of the island. It seems that they have a sick pilot and asking us for a replacement. It was a 2-2 team, 2 MS heading North West and 2 other heading north.” He paused for a moment and continues, “Rick I think you should do it. I can’t let Irvin, he got a slight fever and you know that Jasper unit is having leg malfunction. Of course I could arrange Jasper to use Irvin’s or your MS if you don’t want the recon duty.”

Recon duty with the 01, it won’t be so bad, at least it’ll be less boring than the regular night shift duty. I nod my head, and replies “Yeah, I’ll do it. Nothing too fancy, but some sightseeing is good reason for me.”

“You are expected ASAP in the hangar. I’ll inform the boys. You’ll get the briefing there. And good luck Rick, spare some Zeon for me if you find some.” He laughs a little and I’m heading for the hangar. There I found the maintenance staff still checking my MS. I told him about my dispatch order to join the recon; he told me it’s ready to go in five minutes and tells me to enter the cockpit. I take the field elevator and entering the cockpit. I turn the communication on and setting it to the general channel. “This is 2nd Lt. Rick from 02 MS Team reporting in for the recon, anyone acknowledge?” I’m about to repeat when I hear, “You’re the one for the recon? Ok then clear out from the hangar. I’ll wait you in the base exit.”

I checked the main panel. The RGM-79 I piloted was an old batch from the OYW. It was the first mass production type and already replaced with newer GM, such as the ground type or the latest RGM-79N. Originally it was equipped with the beam spray pistol, but it was replaced with the 100mm machine gun for better range and easier maintenance. I also checked other gauges such as the propellant, although I never had the opportunity to use it. I heard the maintenance staff clearing the hangar and heard the siren. I power up my GM, and heading out saying, “2nd Lt. Rick heading out for recon duty.” I found the hangar staff replied in the general channel, “You’re clear to go. Good luck with the recon and Lt. Larry already waiting for you in the base exit.”

So, it’s Lt. Larry from the 01 MS Team who paired with me in the recon. He’s one of the veterans who volunteered for this task force. I’m glad finding my partner is more than capable in MS fights, not exactly hoping for it but there’s a probability to encounter Zeon forces in the recon. I closed the hatch and heading to the base exit. I find a RGM-79 C or known as GM Kai, in the base exit. I wonder if it’s him, “2nd Lt. Rick reporting for the recon.” Then I heard him “Ok Rick, we’ll have a chat latter. But first I’ll input the coordinates to your NAV-guide.” I receive the data, and recalibrate my navigation system. It’s a three legged recon, named point Alpha, Bravo and Charlie; all heading north to the center of the island.

To be continued
Last edited by riku hasegawa on Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
riku hasegawa

I hear Lt. Larry again on the communication channel, “Receive the data? Follow me then. We’re heading toward Alpha.” We started the conversation with usual name trades and background history. We don’t tell much of ourselves, just some basic information to know each other.

He’s Lt. Larry Walters. From his face I figured he’s on his early 30, looks like a cowboy type. Easy going and able to laugh heartily, he’s a good person I think. He doesn’t tell much about his background. But I know he must be a good pilot to be commissioned with the RGM-79 C/ GM Kai. Usually only squad leader is commissioned with that unit. Although it’s already a standard in the EFF, our independent task force didn’t have the luxury to use the EFF standard; thus mostly we’re commissioned with the RGM-79/ GM. Lt. Larry is under Capt. Lucas Rayland who in charge of the 01 MS Team in this task force. I heard that the 01 MS Team was consisted of veterans, meaning that if things go bad we still got them to turn the tide. Else than the officer, other pilots including me are still fresh graduate from the training ground. We’re approaching point Alpha, it’s already 4 PM and from the sight I notice the dense jungle ahead.

“Looks like the information are correct. There’s an opening in here, large enough for us although it’s not entirely a road by all means.” I notice what Lt. Larry mentioned. There’s an opening in the jungle, not large but enough for a MS. It’s like a ground road, probably muddy but it won’t be much a problem for MS. I notice Lt.’s unit is already moving toward the opening. I step the pedal, adding speed to my GM and noticing the speed increase slowly. It’s already muddy here, and will be much muddier ahead.

We progress slowly, the Lt.’s unit is leading in the front while I take the back position a few distance away. Several minutes ago I asked him about the recon’s objective, he said that we’re about to make sure about the situation in the center of the island. The aerial recon finds nothing in particular such as airfield or any structure. So, we’re dispatched to make sure about the condition. It’s unlikely we’re about to encounter enemy unit in the recon. I notice the trees on my left already shadowing my left monitor. It’s getting dusk and soon it’ll be completely dark.

We find ourselves engulfed by the darkness. While it’s still not a full night yet, but it’s already almost pitch dark. We’re half way through point Bravo, and we’re advancing more slowly. Worse than that, Lt. Larry persisted to make me fallowing him without any external lights. I thought he’s joking, but he said that if we’re ambushed, the enemy won’t find us both and will concentrate on his MS, leaving my unit with position advantage. He’s right on that one but moving in the pitch dark with only his unit as guidance is as hard as ever. More than once I almost fall because of natural obstacles, rocks and fallen trees blocking my way. It’s barely an hour from his last command to fallow him without external lights and I found myself in constant threat of falling down. It’s not funny to stumble down on your MS, the MS can get damage badly only because of that. I saw another straight object in my sight, enhanced by the main monitor. Another fallen tress, I carefully slow down and then I saw a thunder in my monitor. Not the very first, but that one is close and before I realize it the rain already pours hard. I stop for a while, letting myself fully conscious to the rain. Oh well, I can’t blame anyone for the rain. I throttle back to idle and step on the pedal, slowly it began to accelerate. Much slower I think now the rain softens the ground more.
I heard a beeping sound, it’s the Lt. in the communication console, “Rick, do you still able to proceed or we need to stop now? I’ll be honest with you. We can’t possibly reach point Charlie tonight. Hell, we’re lucky enough to reach Bravo tonight.” I hear him laughing a bit and then I replies, “Well, the rain make my lives difficult here. Although it’s not wet in the GM’s cockpit but it’s hard to follow you Lt. without proper external lights on. But I think I can proceed until Bravo, just slow down a bit.”

“Hah, roger that Rick; proceed to Bravo.” I follow him slowly; he’s helping me by beeping me when he found any obstacles in his way. The rain pours hard but we manage to find our way. The road is getting clearer now and it’s easier for me to move faster since Lt. will tell me if there’s obstacle ahead. I’m about to step the pedal deeper when I heard the master-caution signal going wild. Before I could think I hears Lt. on the com; “Rick, RUN! We’re...” I saw orange colored flash in my left screen and then suddenly a wild vibration took me by complete surprise. I remembered being thrown away up and down before the lights got out, leaving me in complete darkness. Loud explosions nearby and I can hear horrifying sounds from my left. I can’t think of anything, I feel pain on my head. Gasping hard, now everything is falling backward. In an instant I feel the impact from the falling, just like being thrown to the ground in some judo training. Now it’s quiet and dark. I felt the ache on my head and I realize my hand become numb. The GM stop functioning, I don’t know how much I’ve been hit. Hit? Did I get hit? Who attacked me? I just realize that we’re being ambushed. At least I did.

To be continued
Last edited by riku hasegawa on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Folken Fanel

Kay, what exactly are you trying to do here? This seems to be a mish mash of a summary and the story itself. Its hard to read, so please use better grammar and spelling in the story. If you'll make it a bit clearer and easier to read, then we won't bother you again.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
riku hasegawa

Folken Fanel wrote:Kay, what exactly are you trying to do here? This seems to be a mish mash of a summary and the story itself. Its hard to read, so please use better grammar and spelling in the story. If you'll make it a bit clearer and easier to read, then we won't bother you again.
Sorry bout the grammar. It's my first attempt to write in English. But then are you sure the story is hard to read? It's already posted in several forums before I posted it here and other than grammar problem, people seems to understand and giving me some good advice and inputs. Anyway, I'm doing my best to improve myself.
Wingnut

The grammer isn't the only problem. Aside from the fact that your character telling the story is with the Federation fighting the Zeon, it is easy to miss the fact that this is takeing place at about the same time as episode 2-3 of Gundam 0083. The fact the the many posts it is in thus breaking up the story makes it more difficult to read, and is our biggest problem with this. Ignoreing that part, it isn't too bad. After reading the story so far, it sounds as if your GM team is about to be ripped apart by the Nightmare of Soloman.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
riku hasegawa

Wingnut wrote:The grammer isn't the only problem. Aside from the fact that your character telling the story is with the Federation fighting the Zeon, it is easy to miss the fact that this is takeing place at about the same time as episode 2-3 of Gundam 0083. The fact the the many posts it is in thus breaking up the story makes it more difficult to read, and is our biggest problem with this. Ignoreing that part, it isn't too bad. After reading the story so far, it sounds as if your GM team is about to be ripped apart by the Nightmare of Soloman.
Lolz. Thank you for pointing some errors in my parts. Yes, I'm thinking to add more explanation in the first post. It will be heavily edited. And yes, I'm thinking to put it into one long post.

Edit: after some reading I realize the first part is rather weak. It's due to my mistake to hastily summarize the first part of my story. I had to summarize the first part for some reason. Hopefully the next part will be good enough. The story itself already taking 20 pages in ms-word document, and I'll do some grammar checking. Oh poor me for having a bad grammar.
riku hasegawa

I edited most of the first part, adding here and there. I want to edit all, but first I want to know your opinion about my writing capability. It's English and I suffer from my bad grammar. So, I'll post the first page of the edited story. Hopefully it's better than the last one. I'll appreciate any comment and thanks for your time.

Edit: Already posted the edited story in my post above. Thank you.
riku hasegawa

...I saw orange colored flash in my left screen and then suddenly a wild vibration took me by complete surprise. I remembered being thrown away up and down before the lights got out, leaving me in complete darkness. Loud explosions nearby and I can hear horrifying sounds from my left. I can’t think of anything, I feel pain on my head. Gasping hard, now everything is falling backward. In an instant I feel the impact from the falling, just like being thrown to the ground in some judo training. Now it’s quiet and dark. I felt the ache on my head and I realize my hand become numb. The GM stop functioning, I don’t know how much I’ve been hit. Hit? Did I get hit? Who attacked me? I just realize that we’re being ambushed...

Try to reach the power switch, my hand is shaking badly. I found it still on the powering mode. I turn it to off-power and then wait for a second and switch it back to powering mode. I see the main panel blinking, illuminating the cockpit for a while before it stop abruptly. Damn, should I get out and start shooting with only my sidearm? Before I think any longer, I saw the main panel blinking again. This time not stopping and then I heard the humming sound from the main generator. Seconds later I got my main monitor and screens back, although not completely. Quickly I assess the damage, finding my left GM arm in bad condition. Checked the left monitor, I can see the shield arm being thrown away to the ground. That explained the horrifying sounds from my left when the explosions hit me. In my last moment I naturally shield my torso with my left arm thus saving me from fatality. Nothing wrong with my right arm, I switch to combat mode open the weapon safety. Slowly I get up, the hissing sound prove the GM took a hard hit. I took kneeling position, and franticly looking at my sensors. Still with my external lights off, I can see some arrayed lights back and forth some distance away in my main monitor.

Not to forget the communication. I franticly switching the communication module and hear, “I can’t hold much longer. Send me reinforcement, we got Zakus here. No need to confirm anything, it’s the Zeon all right. It’s right here!” Lt. Larry! He still manages to fight back. I hear a reply, “We’ll send immediate reinforcement; some aerial fighter will cover you up soon.” Then someone else on the radio, “Larry this is Capt. Lucas we’re the closest unit from your position, we’ll try to locate you. Just stay alive.” So, he’s Lt. Larry’s squad leader.

“Lucas, glad you’re close.” Lt. Larry’s voices again, “I don’t know how long I can hold them. Shit they’re good taking out my rear unit before taking me from behind.”

I finally found my voice, “Nah, they just bruised me Lieutenant. I think I can help, how many are they?” Still watching at the dancing lights of yellow and orange I hear him gasping then, “Rick!! You lucky bastard!! Are you wounded? What took you so long, are you able to fight back?”

“No, only a slight wound. I still get my 100mm. What do you want me to do Lieutenant?” And then Capt. Lucas is on the communication channel, "Is that your comrade? Glad you endure the ambush. 2nd Lt. I advise you not to join the fight straight, Larry you better draw them into his position.”

Before I could acknowledge, I already hear Lt. Larry on the channel, “Roger Capt. Listen Rick, I’ll try to draw them to your position. There are two Zakus. Stay low. Be there in a minute.”

I focus on my sensors and taking aim at my front. Heard Lt. yelled several times and saw his unit returning fire to the Zaku on his back. I run back my memory and addressing the Zeon’s MS-06 named Zaku II. Similar height some 17 or 18 meters, humanoid super steel structure, equipped with machine gun or bazooka, at least it’s not as fast as our GMs. It’s still raining, I just realize it. I saw Lt.’s unit moving toward my position, closer and closer.

“Rick, wait till I jump to your position and then start fire. Take close aim. Here goes nothing.”

I can’t believe what I’m seeing, the RGM-79 C take a full thruster, jump and landing just farther right from my unit. I got a clear sight. The Zaku is on my crosshair, and I acquire the lock. A perfect shoot! I open fire, letting my machine gun raining the powerful 100mm of anti MS shells into the target. I feel the vibrations and saw my shoots forms a yellow arch of metal bullets into the Zaku taking him in full surprise. I saw its red mono eye looking at my direction, I squeeze the trigger more. It won’t do anything, but I’m quite panic. I let out half-yell and continue to fire in full burst. The Zaku starts to slow down, taking many hits its torso started to disintegrate. I emptied my full clip and saw some small explosion. The Zaku stop moving any further. After that it stumbles and falls to the ground still holding its machine gun. I sweat all over my body.

I no longer feel the vibration of the machine gun since it’s already empty. Stupidly I still squeeze hard on the trigger. I let go the trigger and take my breath. Before I could relax I already saw someone fire from my right. Its Lt.’s unit, he’s firing. To where? Damn, I don’t remember there are two of them. I focus on my sensor, finding the second Zaku just a front right from my position. Fix my position and saw the Zaku on my main monitor. I try the reload my machine gun, but hear the error sound from the panel. Crap, I forgot that I’m loosing my GM’s left arm. Without any means to reload the machine gun, I switch to melee mode. Dropping the machine gun and taking the beam saber in one motion. The red-pinkish glow of the beam saber obviously attracts everyone’s attention.

“Rick, what are you doing?” I think he sees my GM’s left arm and then continues, “Right, well… don’t worry I got some plan. The Zaku is bazooka wielder. He’s the one who nailed you in the first place before taking me with his friend. I’ll fire him and provide you cover, while…” So that’s the one who hit me, I still hearing Lt.’s plan when I heard the master-caution signal going wild once more. Turn my head and found the Zaku already fired a barrage. “Shit!” That’s the last contact before we panicky run.

We both run as fast as our MS are able. I ran to my left and Lt.’s unit to the right. I saw Lt. using his thruster once more, propelling him into mid air before descend some distance away. It’s getting closer, crap with this rate I’m getting zeroed. Already kicking the pedal full, I punch full thrust at the throttle. The full thrust ignites the GM thruster and sending me into a complete jump. Feels like being thrown in a catapult then I feel the explosions. The explosion throwing me off from my jump and force me landing hard at the trees. Still, gasping hard I see the screens going static. It’s hard to breath but I must get going. Retract the throttle and kick the brake pedal, making the GM to stand up. Ignoring the hissing damage, I focus myself into the sensor. I’m able to address Lt.’s unit and the Zaku not so far from my position. The main monitor still static, I decide to open the cockpit hatch. The wind and the rains answer me in an instant, it’s still raining hard. I heard the Lt.’s voice in the communication channel, “Rick, are you alright? If you hear me, he’s reloading his bazooka. Take him from your position, circling and end him. I’ll attract his attention.”

“I’m ready at your mark Lieutenant.” I hear his “Go” and then start to run, circling the Zaku from my left. I saw what the Lt. Larry means by distraction. He’s firing his rifle at short burst, making the Zaku turn his attention to him. I closer my position, I saw the Zaku already taking aim to Lt.’s position. I’ll risk a jump, once more thrusting my unit for additional speed. The Zaku notice my action and change direction. Before it could re-act, I punch out the Vulcan. The Vulcan’s short burst of 60mm distract the Zaku and seconds latter I already crash him with my unit, damaged GM’s left arm first. The Zaku almost dropped the bazooka from the impact but not loosing its balance. The impact made me dizzy and I feel the pain once again in the head. Now, I feel the wind and rain invading my cockpit.

Not fully covered from the impact, I already saw Zaku’s black torso. We both slowly move, slightly recovering from the crashing impact. We made some distance. It was enough. I quickly arm the beam saber; half-yelling I try to cross the saber at Zaku’s direction. Without the main monitor functioning, I’m unable to aim properly. I manage to hit Zaku’s left leg. But it’s too shallow to perform any fatal damage. Seconds latter with my cockpit open I saw the Zaku throwing his big bazooka at my direction. Panic and unsure about my ability in beam saber, I punch the Vulcan unloading full burst of 60mm. I jerk left and try to slash the bazooka, but only managed to cut a piece of the barrel. The bazooka hit me at my GM’s head and upper torso. Shocked by the impact, it thrown my unit lay in the ground. The rain enters my cockpit wildly, showering me with cold waters. Despite the rain, I saw red or orange lights. Is it Zaku’s heat hawk?

Damn, I must try to get up. Come on think! Then I remember the Vulcan. Having the Zaku favorably in my center direction, I open fire. Some strange sounds and then the Vulcan start ripping the skies and hit the Zaku several times. After a second or two the Vulcan failed to fire. Crap, it was located in the GM’s head section where the bazooka hit me hard. Still manage to get up, I saw the Zaku come much closer and preparing to chop me out. I grit my teeth, powering up my beam saber and stabbing at dead center direction. I lose my balance in the process but the beam saber slashed the Zaku’s skirt and middle torso. It’s still a light cut and now I have to face the consequences.

To be continued
-------------------------------------------
Oh I said before that one post should be as long as a page from MS Word. But I must cut the story at some point to make it clear to read. Now it's about 1 or 3 pages, but I promise no more than 4 pages. Anyway no more critics about the story so far, or this is really a junk so to speak? At least I want to know your opinion. :idea:
riku hasegawa

... Now I have to face the consequences. There’s not enough time to do anything else...

I shivering hard and almost scream when I saw a burst of machine gun hitting the back of the Zaku. It’s on short burst and it was controlled with precise aim. The Zaku try to assail this new threat but failing to turn from my direction. Some well placed shoots and then many minor explosions occurred. In one awkward motion the Zaku falling backward. I smell burned oil in the air and also other materials. I can’t see the fallen Zaku. My hand shivering hard but I manage to stand up my GM. I realize that I’m weaponless, the beam saber must’ve drop somewhere. I can’t find it without my main screen functioning. Now fully stand up, I can see the fallen Zaku although not full since darkness covered everything. The rain had stopped the burning and no traces of the infamous red mono eye. I saw distance lights not far from my front. I’m sure it’s Lt. Larry. Yes of course, who else. I’m glad he’s able to take the Zaku out before it finished me.

The GM Kai striding to Rick’s position and then he hears Lt. Larry’s voice on the communication channel, “Sorry to interrupt your duel. I can’t stand the itch to watch from the backstage especially when Mr. Zaku there only showing his pants to my direction. So I decide to take some action of my own, hope you don’t mind.” Lt. Larry’s common joke, I laugh heartily at the communication channel, broadcasting our survival to all who receive our channel. Then he asks me in much serious tone, “Got injury? My goodness, your GM looks not in shape at all. Wait until tomorrow and see it for yourself.”

“No, not that much probably bruises and my head feels dizzy. But that’s alright for now.” I tried to look good; I don’t want to add to his burden. I saw he checked the fallen Zaku and then moves his GM Kai, before too long I already receive his signal to follow. I follow him for some time and then ask, “Lt. we haven’t sure if there’s no more enemy in the area.”

He answered casually, “That’s why I order you to follow me. We should take some better position before it comes.” I followed him to some spot where high mound provide cover even for MS. I kneel down my GM and finally close my cockpit hatch. I shivering hard since the rain soaked my shirt and trouser. Set the temperature to warm condition, and I search for my canteen. Still sees the static on the main monitor, I gulped my canteen and turn the communication console to listen other channel. I heard Lt. Larry’s still asking for reinforcement and Capt. Lucas whom doing the recon to North West already half way toward our position. I free my head from my helmet, and found there’s blood in there. A wound in my forehead, quite bad I think but at least I’m still alive.

A beep and then Lt. Larry’s voice, “Rick, I’ll take higher position. It’s not far, just stay here.” I want to give him my spare ammo clips, but remember that his unit is using 90mm machine gun, and not the 100mm. I run diagnostic on the damage control, founding the head of my GM damaged badly. The lower body also suffered damage although the system cannot tell what was broken. I feel the temperature already risen; now it’s much warmer. I drink another from my canteen and feel a slight headache. I turn off the main monitor. I won’t do any good now since the head damaged and it only showing static. I unbuckle myself and grab my knee, now I feel sleepy. Guess the adrenaline already running out. A blink of an eye, and then everything is in slow motion.

Rick almost doze off, when Lt. Larry guiding Capt. Lucas into our position. It’s still hours before they can be reached by Capt. Lucas and his team. The aerial fighters already tear the dawn skies. They provide some sense of cover and safety at least for a while. The rain had stopped after hours of pouring water to the world. Else than that, it’s almost morning and everything seems in better condition. What Rick would never imagine is this event alone is making both sides on the edge. Adding with the raid on the Torrington base, these events are making both sides as busy as ever. The Federation having a raid at Torrington and MS fights in Oceanic Region clearly had the evidence that the Zeon remnants are still a threat. While the Zeon especially the remnants in the Oceanic Region, facing the truth that they can’t hide forever decided to prepare for departure into space. With the hijacked Gundam GP-02A on the loose, everyone is holding their breath. It’s UC 0083 and everyone know something is about to happen.

Still sleeping peacefully, Rick would never guess that this event will change his course of live forever.

----------------------------------------------------
I stop the fanfic due to my personal reasons. But I'll post my full version my character background for the Gundam Z RP which is basically the same character in the story. I hope it will provide a vague sense of the story I want to build for my character.

Name: Rick Hasegawa
Affiliation: AEUG
MS: RGM-79, RGM-79 C, RGM-79 N, RGM-79 Q, and MSA-003
Appearance: Asian, black hair, of average height, not muscular.

Rick was one of many other Earthnoid teenagers who joined the Earth Federation Force in the beginning of the Zeon invasion in the year of UC 0079. His record in the military was unknown due to many reasons. He was known to participate in some small operation to wipe out the Zeon remnants and after that transferred to space. In space he lost many comrades while encountering the Delaz Fleet in the infamous Stardust Operation. At that time he develops his hate towards some parts of the EFF military (will be known as Titans) who sacrifice his comrades in the chase of Delaz Fleet. Other than those facts, other information and record remain unknown.

Rick himself is a quiet person and seldom talks much. From his appearance one will judge him as a normal college boy. He has rather soft looks that made other wrongfully feels he’s not suited for war situation. Although likes some type of liquor, but he seldom drinks. He loves to read and passionate about movie and music. Not everybody knows about his background and his current employment and he busied himself at the Anaheim Electronics if he’s free from his main job as security officer in the same corporation.

He is actually quite famous for his leadership in the chase of the Delaz Fleet. After the deadly atomic strike at Compeito, none of the pilot who survives in the south area ranks higher than Lieutenant. The time is running fast and before any attempt to recover and regroup there’s already news about a colony drop threat to the lunar city of Von Braun. Lt. Rick and with a number of other full Lieutenants coordinated the remaining survivor to participate the battle. Rick himself led a part of the newly assembled team in chase against the Delaz Fleet and soon finding himself in shielding the EFF forward group from the ambush in the moon orbit. His team losses heavy casualties but nevertheless fought bravely and forcing the outnumbered Delaz Fleet to disengage. Before long he was briefed about the situation, another 12 hours before the colony drop to earth. Realizing the fatality of the Stardust Operation accomplishment, he volunteered to led the remaining MS to escort any ships dare to encounter the colony drop. In order to commemorate his courage and leadership in leading the survivors from Compeito to join the battle and rescue the EFF forward group, Rick received field promotion to Captain.

Leading the group he named as “Martyr” team in pursuit of the colony. His team fought bravely and witnesses the battle between EFF and Delaz Fleet in the earth orbit. In his last effort he tried to rendezvous with the EFF advance fleet which countering the colony. The solar panel attack also hit his team and many casualties from the EFF friendly fire. He stopped there and saw the whole thing being carved in the history of the mankind. The history will record UC 0083 as the year when another colony drop happened. It failed to reach Jaburo and instead hit and devastated North America region.

Only 5 survive from 19 who followed him to the EFF advance fleet. Until the end, mostly of the team never knows each other else before their participation in naval review at Compeito. He finds the burden of the leader is too much for him to handle. He quitted the military after being accused and demoted for leading his team without proper chain of command in spite of the situation. But personally anyone in the court admires his decisive action that saves many EFF ships and crews. Only by the pressure of the Titans he was demoted to his latter rank of Lieutenant to silence the truth of the friendly fire accident happened to the advance fleet.

Rick started to dislike the special party of the EFF and soon learned who fired the solar panel. The EFF special party of high ranking conspirator never took the responsibilities to the casualties of the friendly fire. He then takes a personal bitterness to the EFF special party now known as the Titans faction. Rick quitted the military as a MS ACE and a former Captain. His leadership, experience and participation in the battle earning him the invitation to the Titans Elite but he turned it down for obvious reason. The Titans then erased mostly of his military service record, blocking his way to join with another faction.

It was not uncommon at that time. In the end of the UC 0083 the newly emerged Titans, harshly recruited many experienced pilot. Many objected, including Rick who quitted the military. It seems that the Titans unwillingly losing those pilots to another faction and thus edited even deleted the person’s military record to prevent them from joining other faction services. Opted to remain in space and not return to earth, he starts a new life in Von Braun.

In little time he attracts several employers mainly because of his virtues of efficient and honest. The security agency recruited him only due to his integrity and knowledge about fire arms but soon learned his full talents. Soon his contract was not purely about security. Known as ex-pilot and share the same hate toward the Titans, he was contracted also for smuggling operation. The Anaheim Electronics as his main employer was doing business with the newly faction of AEUG. It was highly risky, the Titans as the enemy viciously guarding Luna from any smuggling attempt. Rick turned down the opportunity to join the AEUG in the first place but after some time with the AEUG at several occasions, finally he was attracted by the faction mission to thrown out Titans’ regime. At that time he was trusted to pilot MS back and forth from Anaheim Electronic to AEUG. It was hazardous job and after three years many of his comrades fallen but he and a few of them survives, proofing their abilities as exceptional in their respective skills as MS pilot.

Rick himself has piloted several mobile suits including the RGM-79 N/ GM Custom and its sibling the GM Quel in his smuggling operations. In the pursuit of the Delaz Fleet he used the standard RGM-79 C. Latter after UC 0085 and he piloted the MSA-003 Nemo to transport the MS itself to the AEUG. In his final days in the EFF, he was commissioned with the powerful RGM-79 GS/ GM Command Space type but in the end he never fly a sortie with the unit.

Latter he was asked once again to join the AEUG as additional pilot and this time he won’t turned it down. He won’t led anyone but that’s fine with him since he like best to fights on his own without any responsibility to other’s live under his command.