A thread. With art and stuff.

The place to share your artwork.
DeltasTaii

A thread. With art and stuff.

Yay, time for a inconsistently updated thread of me own.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/c ... /f99-1.jpg
Model Number: F99
Codename: Gundam F99 Unit 1
Equipment and Design Features: Bio-Computer, Core Fighter Escape System
Fixed Armament: 2x Vulcan Gun, mounted in head, 2x 110mm Machinecannon, mounted on chest, 2x Covered Emitter Beam Shield, mounted on forearm, 2x Variable Speed Beam Rifle, mounted on backpack
Optional Fixed Armament: 2x beam saber, stored in hip armour, 2x knife, stored in wrist armour, anti-beam mantle
Optional Hand Armament: Beam Katana, stored on hip hardpoint, Beam Rifle, Beam Launcher, Muramasa Blaster II

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/c ... /f99-2.jpg
Codename: Gundam F99 Unit 2
Fixed Armament: 2x Vulcan Gun, mounted in head, 2x 110mm Machinecannon, mounted on chest, 2x Covered Emitter Beam Shield, mounted on forearm, 2x Variable Speed Beam Rifle, mounted on backpack
Optional Fixed Armament: 2x beam saber, stored in hip armour, 2x knife, stored in wrist armour, anti-beam mantle
Optional Hand Armament: Beam Katana, stored on hip hardpoint, Beam Rifle, 4 Barrel Shotlancer, 75mm Machine Pistol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/c ... /f99-3.jpg
Codename: Gundam F99 Unit 3
Optional Hand Armament: Beam Katana, stored on hip hardpoint, Beam Rifle, Long Beam Assault Rifle

Just to explain some crap since there's no art, Muramasa II would pretty much be a less piratey version of it, the Beam Katana is a remodeled Zanber, the Long Beam Assault Rifle something like the Gelgoog Jaeger in terms of pellets and their improvements in range and accuracy, and the core fighter supposedly works by having the VSBRs pivot on their mounts to form ghetto wings, and a tailfin fold up out of the backpack. If you consider that plausible enough *shrug*
mcred23

They look fine and it all seems fine to me. The only thing I have to point out is the 75mm machine pistol on Unit 2 should be a beam weapon, as mobile suits stopped carrying hand held machines guns a loong time ago.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
EZero8

Interesting... looks like its a cross between a F91 and a Crossbone Gundam. I like how there is a Muramasa Blaster in the armaments. I was always a fan of that thing. Good job!
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
DeltasTaii

mcred23 wrote:They look fine and it all seems fine to me. The only thing I have to point out is the 75mm machine pistol on Unit 2 should be a beam weapon, as mobile suits stopped carrying hand held machines guns a loong time ago.
Oh, but they didn't. The Flint's (MP Crossbone Gundam) standard handheld weapon was a drum-fed Machinegun, in fact. Not to mention all those Shotlancers firing machinegun rounds.

Oh, and thanks.
mcred23

The Flint's (MP Crossbone Gundam) standard handheld weapon was a drum-fed Machinegun, in fact. Not to mention all those Shotlancers firing machinegun rounds.
Well, let me rephrase what I said. Federal designed and built mobile suits stopped carrying machine guns as a weapon long ago. Still, given technology by the point this is probably built, a beam weapon is probably better. Still, it's your choice.

DeltasTaii

Honestly, it's a redundant weapon given the Megamachinecannons, but I was trying to give it something else to match the dark colours/shotlancer vibe. Maybe some sort of Beam Machinegun could replace it. *shrug*
mcred23

A beam machine gun could work, or maybe maybe a simple rapid fire beam rifle. The Heavygun's rifle was shown doing almost machine gun-like rapid fire. Otherwise, maybe just a normal beam rifle or beam pistol would work.

Thats my take on things.

the razor blade

mcred23 wrote:
The Flint's (MP Crossbone Gundam) standard handheld weapon was a drum-fed Machinegun, in fact. Not to mention all those Shotlancers firing machinegun rounds.
Well, let me rephrase what I said. Federal designed and built mobile suits stopped carrying machine guns as a weapon long ago. Still, given technology by the point this is probably built, a beam weapon is probably better. Still, it's your choice.
Wrong-o. http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/index.htmcheck the flints profile. if im not mistaken, SNRI was fed
If the shoe fits, wear it. If the bullet hole fits, your dead.
Death is only a stepping stone to something weirder.
Can god heat up a microwave burrito so hot that not even he can eat it?
mcred23

Um, check your link again man. All links to is the mecha section, not a particularl mobile suit.

And yes, SNRI was controlled by the Federation. However, they really only developed three or four machines the Federals used (Only ones I can think of off the top of my head is the G-Cannon and the F91, and Anaheim built the former!). None of those machines carried machine guns (The G-Cannon had heavy machine cannons mounted on it, but those were intended for use as support).

EZero8

Actually, Anaheim built the Heavygun and SNRI built the G-Cannon to replace that. Note that G-Cannon's model number is F71 and not a number Anaheim would use.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
mcred23

Actually, Anaheim built the Heavygun and SNRI built the G-Cannon to replace that. Note that G-Cannon's model number is F71 and not a number Anaheim would use.
SNRI designed mobile suits, but they rarely built them (One of the few the built being the F91 series). Anaheim built the Heavygun, which was introduced in the Federal forces as a standard combat unit. SNRI developed the F71 G-Cannon, but it was Anaheim who actually produced the machine for the EFF. Also, the G-Cannon was a support unit and was never ment to replace the Heavygun.

codename:v

The colour schemes are good but anatomy wise, you need more works. Take references from existing works like Okawaras' and Katokis', it would help.
DeltasTaii

There actually are a few proportion screw ups which I have been fully aware of, but not really felt like fixing, and probably tons more I haven't noticed. 'Tis what practice is for, I guess, as I sure don't consider this any sort of peak of accomplishment.
tofu-speed

Gj to you f90 frankens. Pretty nice and is it just me or does the heard look a little small?
DeltasTaii

Hey, when I said inconsistently updated, I meant it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/c ... x4000i.jpg

The plan is to whip out some Wizard pack variants (yeah, that's not mentioned anywhere, but it uses them instead of Silhouettes), and a recoloured and possibly slightly modified Core Splendor, and at least look at, but probably decide not to attempt Chest and Leg Flyers.

There just has to be a Knight GYAN at some point, anyways.

I really do wish I could find a way to make the shield fit better, and there's some slight colouring issues I could sort out, not to mention a bit of clean-up from stretching the legs, but the actual design still matters in the meantime.
EZero8

Interesting... another fan-made GYAN. I notice some rough spots, but overall a very good Franken. And yes, Wizards should do the trick to make it a whee bit more interesting. :P
DeltasTaii

It hardly seems a worthy cause to drag this thing from the dark depths for this quickly thrown together thing, but all behold, Tuxedo Kamen Gundam!

Model Number: TU-X1
Unit Type: Mobile Fighter
Manufacturer: Moon Kingdom
Operator: Tuxedo Mask
Armament: Beam Cane, Knife Rose Bits, Anti-Beam Cape
Special Attacks: Rose Flurry, Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber

Swooping in just in time to save Super Nobel Gundam, the Tuxedo Kamen Gundam is a sexy mystery, a mobile fighter with seemingly no country, yet with modified versions of Neo-France's Rose Bits, capable of spearing attacks like a throwing knife, and an impressive telescoping beam cane, with a potentially humongous reach.
Bezerker

looks pretty intimidating too me keep up the good work
Good old Thundermuffin
LUNA: Shinn, try not to go all over-the-top this time.
TALIA: Shinn! Launch and go all over-the-top on Orb's ass!
SHINN: Yes, MAAM!
EZero8

Sailor Moon reference? Anyways, this design is quite interesting with the cape and the top hat. The use of Rose Bits and having tie-ins to the G Gundam universe was good too. Good job.
DeltasTaii

I believe this fulfills my directive of "art and stuff"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/c ... -00102.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/c ... n102-4.jpg

MSN-00102 Hyaku Ni Shiki, but mostly just a redesign of Hyaku Shiki. Sticking big propellant tanks, thrusters, and fully articulated deflection plates into the binders is probably the most noteworthy change, alongside Izubuchi style verniers and things, and strangely, Sentinel style shins.