Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

I'm not hyped at all...tried out the Beta of this back in May and the netcode was absolute garbage. In about two hours of play, I only got ONE match that didn't disconnect, and in that one I de-synched and was completely useless. I severely hope they fixed that, because otherwise it's not worth the price tag.

...And yes, I'm fully aware that it's a free game.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
InjuredPelican

Looks very clunky, to be honest. Reminds me of SDGO with a bit less charm....
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Gelgoog Jager

I think I will stick with the original Gundam Battle Operation, specially since I prefer Zeon MS and in GBN it will be almost unavoidable for most high-end units to be Gundam types, with a few exceptions, while most Zeon MS get relegated to B-tier or lower grade units.

I also dislike that the faction system is gone, since I think it really spiced up things and gave the game and the players some identity by siding with one. Instead it will be generic teams using any MS available.
NastyNate

I hear battle operation next is out? Is it still free to play or can you buy it?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Gelgoog Jager

NastyNate wrote:I hear battle operation next is out? Is it still free to play or can you buy it?
It's out and it's FTP.
AmuroNT1

If you'll excuse me, I'll be over here getting hype for Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

NastyNate

EternalPunishment666 wrote:Gundam Extreme VS Force PV.
Looks awesome. I really am pleasently surprised to see the g reco gundam and the one for the new gundam show. It seems like the games never keep up with the new shows. I can't believe we still don't have any Age gundams.

Also out of curiousity. Who around here has a vita?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

InjuredPelican

AGE is in MB though, just not FB.

I don't own a Vita. Too expensive with no games I really want to play on it. This new GVS game looks pretty cool though. My main question is if it has all the characters from MB or if they cut some. Can Vita handle so many units?
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Gelgoog Jager

InjuredPelican wrote:AGE is in MB though, just not FB.

I don't own a Vita. Too expensive with no games I really want to play on it. This new GVS game looks pretty cool though. My main question is if it has all the characters from MB or if they cut some. Can Vita handle so many units?
I think it can, but ultimately how well a port ends up largely depends on who is doing the port and how good they are at it.

For example, Fellistela did a great job with the Hyperdimension Neptunia remakes and Firma studios did well enough with Resident Evil Revelations. On the other hand, Iron Galaxy did a poor job with Borderlands 2.

In Bandai Namco's case, the Vita versions of Gundam Breaker and Sword Art Online doesn't seem to have any major issue and AFAIK they have the same features and content as their PS3/PS4 counterparts (well, SAO has some extras, but that was because the PS4 version came out much later and in such cases its common to see the newer version get some extra content so people with multiple consoles will consider double dipping), so I think they will be able to make a good job with MGS: EvsF.
NastyNate

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned already but Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force Will Also Get An English Release
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/16/mo ... n-english/

Also, I wanted to post a few thoughts about Gundam Side Stories for Ps3. I finally got around to getting it since it is VERY cheap on ebay. It's definitely on the lower end of my rankings of Gundam games. I typically like them all, even crossfire on ps3. This one is very CHEAP. Every cutscene at the end is the same animations over and over. One in particular is the Zaku reaching behind and grabbing an invisible magazine to reload. I've been trucking through the original story in hopes that when I get to the remakes things will get more interesting. Also the lockon system can get annoying. I'm not sure I can recommend this title sadly.

JDogindy

NastyNate wrote:I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned already but Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force Will Also Get An English Release
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/16/mo ... n-english/

Also, I wanted to post a few thoughts about Gundam Side Stories for Ps3. I finally got around to getting it since it is VERY cheap on ebay. It's definitely on the lower end of my rankings of Gundam games. I typically like them all, even crossfire on ps3. This one is very CHEAP. Every cutscene at the end is the same animations over and over. One in particular is the Zaku reaching behind and grabbing an invisible magazine to reload. I've been trucking through the original story in hopes that when I get to the remakes things will get more interesting. Also the lockon system can get annoying. I'm not sure I can recommend this title sadly.
The version will actually be a version with English text. Just to be clear.

Personally, I haven't tried any new Gundam games lately, but I have been trying to get my BlueStacks organized so I can download G Generation Frontier.
AmuroNT1

Well, it looks like we'll be getting Gundam Breaker 3 for the PS4. The official announcement comes tomorrow in Famitsu, but it already seems to have been spoiled by a Hong Kong Gunpla distributor, which got a poster for their monthly lotteries that listed GB3 as the prize for their January/February drawing.

Outlaw

I'm down with that. Hopefully they'll include some kind of mode or end game content to give it more replay value. Other than that just keep expanding that roster.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PJluPR1EQw

SD GUNDAMS ARE IN! :D

Ahem...also, you'll notice that the Gundam in this trailer has a ton of back-mounted weapons, as well as the Zetaplus's thigh beam cannons on its shoulders, which suggests an even greater level of customizing freedom than before.

Xenosynth

Actually Amuro, only 2 weapons are back mounted. The gerbera straight and the gatling.

The rest are on the TOPS and sides of the shoulders! Jesta CAnnon Multilauncher on top of one shoulder, GM Cardigan cannon on the other, and the sides, as you noted, was the Zeta plus hip beams. (If you look at the Gundam when the SD breaks it, you can see where the parts are mounted as well!)
AmuroNT1

(BTW, for the record, the Gatling is also the Cardigan's.)

It's kind of silly, but I hope the game lets you alter cosmetic details of the Gunpla like the shoulder, skirt, and knee armor. I know Fred's been praying for a way to get rid of the Master Gundam's spherical shoulders for ages.

EDIT: ...Oh, there's also another G Generation game, but since it seems to only cover the original series through Unicorn, you couldn't pay me to give a damn.

Xenosynth

Depends on the MSV they have. I mean, I loved Spirits more than World/Overworld, and that was all UC.
AmuroNT1

Well, my thing is that I just don't like Unicorn, other than a couple of the MS. Besides, I'd rather spend the money on a game I'd enjoy like Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis.

Xenosynth

Well... okay? But if it has a lot of works between 0079 and Unicorn that is still a ton more that is not-Unicorn? Besides, a tighter era control generally means they can do stuff in a more complex way when they are not adapting for a ton of shows (The more series you add, the harder it is to do stuff, at least, generally speaking that is the trend with Gundam titles.)