Ep. 153 - The World is Not Square

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 153 - The World is Not Square

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 153 - "The World is Not Square"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 151 min., 41 sec. (2:31:41) - 69.4 MB

Episode Summary:
The Bald Wizard of MAHQ is back, just in time for the original Bald Wizard's return to Gundam with our review of "Gundam Reconguista in G" Eps. 1-4!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:36:15

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:36:15 - 0:37:05

03. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:37:05 - 0:38:01

04. Main Segment: "Anime Spotlight - 'Gundam Reconguista in G' Episodes 1-4" (TV Series, 2014)
Runtime: 0:38:01 - 1:56:14

05. Mech Talks! (Podcast) (Also Watch on YouTube!)
Runtime: 1:56:14 - 1:56:45

06. "#ExVsTheGundamnation - Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost Nights!" (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:56:45 - 1:58:24

07. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:58:24 - 2:31:41

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Ep. 153 - The World is Not Square

The time has finally come. Welcome back my liege.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Powerman293

Only listened to the news segment because I haven't been watching g-reco and I don't care for it. It was an excellent new segment though.

On the whole Right stuf distributing Gundam thing, I was on the Kool-Aid of Gundam becoming a little bit more prevelent, thanks no doubt to Gundam forums' thread on this subject. I was reading up people hoping for NYAV to dub After War X or something, and a lot of Gundam X gushing.

My hope and dream is to get some 00 blu-rays from them AND REASONABLY PRICED, so I wasn't being too unrealistic in my hopes (considering they have done a dub and sub for it, there are blu-rays out there and they've done DVDs here before, it should be the easiest thing.) I would buy the DVDs from right stuf but considering I can walk to my local library and rent the series and movie on DVD really easily, I'm in no rush to see the bonus features, and I kind of can't afford $90 for the the series an extra $40 for the movie on blu-ray, I have no need to.

I will buy the Origin, because I love the manga so much (which I've also been getting from the library). But I am not a fan of MSG or Turn A. I would have been interested in ZZ if Daisuki didn't remove it mid-way through me watching it and piss me off with their lack of explanation, and finishing it illegally. But that's neither here nor there.

But I gotta be honest, the pricing is gonna kill any prospect of this suceeding. I know anime is a limited market and Gundam is even tinier, but could it not cost 2 Perfect Grade Gundam Unicorns to get all 7 episodes of Unicorn on blu-ray?
Hyakushiki

It's not just Cartoon Network that was removed from Dish, but all Turner Network programing including CNN due to a failure to come to terms on contract negotiations, so the channels will return eventually.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Chavelo

The trinity is back! Nothing against Neo and Soulbro. But Chris brings balance to the force that is Gundamn.

Amusing observations as usual. I too had the freak out in my head of "Close the cockpit!"

But the amount of times the G-Self switches hands in only four episodes. They're so cavalier with it and someone who is supposed to be a prisoner. D:

Still I'm enjoying the show. And the combat gets better and better. Can't wait to see suits from other factions. And can't wait for the next Gundamn for that matter! Keep up the good work!
YokozunaBulldozer

Chavelo wrote:The trinity is back! Nothing against Neo and Soulbro. But Chris brings balance to the force that is Gundamn.

Amusing observations as usual. I too had the freak out in my head of "Close the cockpit!"

But the amount of times the G-Self switches hands in only four episodes. They're so cavalier with it and someone who is supposed to be a prisoner. D:

Still I'm enjoying the show. And the combat gets better and better. Can't wait to see suits from other factions. And can't wait for the next Gundamn for that matter! Keep up the good work!
Considering the suits double as portapotties I guess it could make sense to open the cockpit.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Chavelo

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Considering the suits double as portapotties I guess it could make sense to open the cockpit.
Hadn't thought of that. xD

Somehow I can imagine some burly tech guy who ate too many burritos at lunch using a mobile suit when he can't make it to the restroom.
phillosmaster

I've been waiting for Turn A and ZZ to be release for what seem like an eternity. They are both awesome shows (well the good parts of ZZ are awesome). I'll be the first in line to preorder so you can't blame me for this second age of US Gundam failing :)

Also guys stop caring about what 4Chan is saying. Stop peering into the toilet bowl of the internet like it's a scrying pool. Only madness is reflected back.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
MCTDread

Im really excited for ZZ and Turn A. Still got those old Bandai copies of 1st Gundam when they put it under Anime Legends. Those copies are super expensive now.
Cultclassic

The trinity is back! It is great to see Chris making a fantastic come back. I am glad he took a break as the episode leading up to his vacation felt forced. He is back now though and I hope for a long time.
Also, I for one appreciate the negative profit work you are giving us with reviews of both shows and the mecha profiles AND chaos theater and gundamn.
Perhaps it is time for a kickstarter?
bloodyknight

Finally found time to listen to Gundamn Ep 153. I certainly didn't know Ameria is a thing in Turn A Gundam. Thanks for the episode and welcome back, Chris!!