Gundam characters you're GLAD died

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amion

Re: Gundam characters you're GLAD died

Antares wrote:I might have to check out Gundam X after the longest time to see who's deserving to die there. I do at least remember that
Spoiler
the Frost brothers apparently
didn't die. In Gundam00 there were so many. :D

Ah, yes, there were many who should have met their fate in 00. Of those who did...
Spoiler
Ali al Sachez deserved it the most, and got the best death of all of them in my opinion
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
MarshalBraginsky

Graham Aker's death in Trailblazer was probably one of the most memorable deaths. Kamikaze Trans-Graham and ramming it into an ELS mothership, I actually liked that scene. Andrei's death was redeemable, and would have been worth it if he didn't acted like a douche. Kinue's death had some meaning, but all it did was to foster some grief on Saji's part.

Characters in a Gundam series I wished they had died, but lived:

- Kira Yamato: in one of the original SEED plots, he was supposed to die while killing Le Creuset. Would have spared the audience of his presence in Destiny.
Mu La Flaga

Lalah Sune.
As much as she was interesting to some extents and fueled Amuro and Char's rivalry after she dies.
She blindly followed Char, her ramblings also annoyed me.
It's only when she died she saw Amuro's viewpoint.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
farjad93

Two deaths in the Gundam Universe I really enjoyed:
Quess Paraya from CCA. She was just an annoying, self-righteous arrogant little girl who was bent on destroying the Earth. Good riddance, if you ask me.
Yuna Roma Seiran from GSD. This hyprocite got what was coming to him. Plus he tried to marry Cagali and basically ruined a character who I really liked in the original Gundam Seed. So, in short, I really enjoyed his death
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
Ferrus_Manus

Ali Al-Saachez
In the first season of 00 he only seemed to be a rutheless mercenary (although he cared for the soldiers that served under him), but in S2 he turned into an insane monster, that deserved to die. I was really satisfied when Lyle killed him.
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
OGx3

Ouroboric wrote:My favorite death scene was ruined come to think of it, when i genuinely thought Shin killed Kira in Seed Destiny, my jaw was on the floor and i was so happy that i wouldn't have to hear him talk and waste episode time anymore, and the battle itself was amazing, especially Kira realizing that he is'nt invincible as Shin defeats him. But by next episode he was already revealed to be ok, quite disappointing.
i totally agree there is just not way he would have lived
singing how his ms has a nuclear reactor in it, it makes me think how shin survived being that close
Zeeks up, Feddies down
that's hood talk for i like the Zeon more then the Federation
zabimustdie

I like that Sarah died in Zeta. She was just too brainwashed to live. I hate it when characters seem redeemable, and even have people trying to help them but still act like brats.

Reccoa also deserved the snack down.
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross
HalfDemonInuyasha

zabimustdie wrote:I like that Sarah died in Zeta. She was just too brainwashed to live. I hate it when characters seem redeemable, and even have people trying to help them but still act like brats.

Reccoa also deserved the snack down.
And then you have AGE with 2 leaders that were SO totally absorbed by past grudges and hatreds their whole lives redeeming themselves completely...
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Dark Duel

Ferrus_Manus wrote:Ali Al-Saachez
In the first season of 00 he only seemed to be a rutheless mercenary (although he cared for the soldiers that served under him), but in S2 he turned into an insane monster, that deserved to die. I was really satisfied when Lyle killed him.
I'd have to concur; I even like HOW he died: no death in battle for him - gunned down like the rabid animal he was.
Plus he killed one of my favorite characters in Season 1. Before that...well I wouldn't say I liked him per se, but he was one of the more interesting characters, and definitely the most interesting of the villains. Far more so than Alejandro Corner and his sexually obscure manservant(who turned out to be the Big Bad)
Ali's death honestly was one of my favorite deaths in not just that series, but in the franchise as a whole.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Upon reflection, I'm really glad that Chronicle Asher got what was coming to him. He was such a wannabe and jerk and it's too bad he didn't buy it earlier. Plus he helped exacerbate Katejina's descent into space madness.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
celestia95

Nena Trinity - Gundam 00
I only disliked her because she killed Louise's family right in front of her. Though I actually felt sorry for her in the end. She had to give up so much to keep on living and I felt really bad for her when she was about to be killed where she said to Louise that she's not the only one suffering or something like that.

Ali Al Saachez - Gundam 00
It was great to see that murderous fool to die but I wish Setsuna killed him. Setsuna I feel had more reason because Ali manipulated him from his childhood and got him to kill his own parents. I never really liked Lyle to be honest, I prefer Neil more. Then again everybody had a hatred towards Ali.

Patrick Zala - Gundam SEED
This man is horrible, he's the one who gets angry at his son calling him father. The one who shoots Athrun, his son for not telling the whereabouts of the Justice and Freedom and later arrests him. The one who thinks Coordinators are a new species and are greater than Naturals. The man who is willing to sacrifice his own troops to attain victory. The man who kill every single Natural. It's funny how Patrick Zala was originally from the Atlantic Federation and later wants to eliminate them.
*Imagine if Patrick knew Athrun was in love with Cagalli, a Natural. All hell will break loose.

Yuna Roma Seiran - Gundam SEED Destiny
How dare he try to get in between Athrun and Cagalli's relationship! Then the idiot manipulates Cagalli into forming an alliance with the EA. His death was amusing since he gets crushed by a ZAKU.

Lord D'jibril - Gundam SEED Destiny
This man destroyed I believe six PLANTS with his Requiem. I hated how ZAFT couldn't capture him before at Heaven's base or at ORB.
boogy

why no-one here is glad that
Spoiler
Flay Allster from SEED died????
a mean omg what's wrong with you people??? :o she was a fucking bitch and i am so glad she!!! :D (sorry if someone wrote it before me and i didn't see it :P ) i also loved when
Spoiler
Yuna Roma Seiran died :D
AmuroNT1

I'll venture a guess and say that most people here recognize that Flay went through character development and became sympathetic by the time she died.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Strike Zero

boogy wrote:a mean omg what's wrong with you people??? :o she was a ZOINKS bitch and i am so glad she!!! :D
What are you, twelve years old? Go to bed, kid.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
battletech

Katejina and Reccoa are the only ones I really really wanted to die.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
Kratos

I wasn't glad that Flay died, but that was largely because I had LONG since stopped caring about her. She was always a one-dimensional hate beacon, designed by the writers to be disliked, and then they ran out of things for her to do for half the series. Much of what happened in that last third of SEED got little more than a shrug from me (though I did kinda lament that Natarle remained under-used right to the bitter end).

However! I thought Kira's initial death was well-done and called for without me hating the character. I knew he came back, but there's a bit where Athrun talks to Cagalli about it and she gones on about what a great dude he was and it really hammered home how much of a soldier he WASN'T, and I thought "Wow! That makes sense! Kira was never suited for war and, in the end, the better soldier of the two friends won! In war, that makes sense!"

I would have loved to see a SEED where Kira stayed dead and Athrun survived, maybe helping to end the war but ultimately having to live in a world deprived of his best friend by his own hand. THAT would be the ultimate "I'm glad he died" moment.

As it stands, my answers to this thread are probably Ali and Bernie, for very different reasons.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Wingnut

Everyone seems to have missed the fact that some putz necromanced the thread after nearly a full 2 years. Without good cause, that tends to get the thread locked and I no longer know what happens to the guy that revived it, but it can't be good.

tl,dr: You all got trolled.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
teslashark

Wingnut wrote:Everyone seems to have missed the fact that some putz necromanced the thread after nearly a full 2 years. Without good cause, that tends to get the thread locked and I no longer know what happens to the guy that revived it, but it can't be good.

tl,dr: You all got trolled.
He's got a proper name, boogy, and this seem to be his only post...
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
ShadowCell

ugh. this thread's a little too far along in the zombification process to be saved.

ka-lock. please don't gravedig.