General Feedback Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Mu La Flaga

Re: General Feedback Thread Mark II

Probably because it's such an infamous former section of mechatalk not everyone has experienced.
Yet has heard of it in passing, myself included :P
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't know if Harry Plinkett listens to Gundamn! but he said something similar to stuff you guys have said (maybe on Chaos Theater too) about George Lucas. Quote: "This 3D crap just makes Lucas look like he's running after Cameron and Bay and those guys like a little kid, screaming, 'Look everybody, I can do it too!'"
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
schwarz ritter

Plinkett does know about Gundam: in one of his videos, he discusses with his version of Palpatine on whether he should review Gundam Crossfire.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
MechLife

Just wanted to thank you guys for such a great show!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Another thing for Neo to freak out about: Saw a story on the 5:30 news about store mannequins that have video cameras in the eyes, hooked up to computers that can track shoppers. Think Minority Report.

--Freyja Wion
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

Well, just a small bit of feedback, haven't had many of the other guests on lately.
A little variety tends to make the show interesting :P
(By that I mean DG, Amuro NT1)
eanetdude

I've been enjoying the additional content and in-between confabs on the Gundamn YouTube page. I hope there is more coming, as there hasn't been updates for the recent several episodes. I know it's a lot of work to export those videos while balancing other life commitments, but I wanted to voice my appreciation and request that it continue.

Thanks!
JHuddle

Hi Guys, I wanted to say good job and keep up on the good work , also I don't know who is in charge of flip the script ( probably soulbro) but podbean is free to host, maybe you can upload the backlog of episodes that got deleted off I tunes after the mevio incident. thanks keep up the good work guys.
Cultclassic

I have been wanting to post this for a while and can't think of anything other place.

I deliver the pizzas to all the boys and girls, but do they call me Saji the pizzaman? No
I push heavy carts under high gravity in space prison, but do they call me Saji the strong? No
I put myself in active warzones in hopes to win back my love, but do they call me Saji the lover? No
But Soul Bro says I'm King Arthur one time......
Arbiter GUNDAM

Cultclassic wrote:I have been wanting to post this for a while and can't think of anything other place.

I deliver the pizzas to all the boys and girls, but do they call me Saji the pizzaman? No
I push heavy carts under high gravity in space prison, but do they call me Saji the strong? No
I put myself in active warzones in hopes to win back my love, but do they call me Saji the lover? No
But Soul Bro says I'm King Arthur one time......
Yep, prety much. :D

Speaking of King Arthur...

You can't seem to start a new topic on the Gundamn section, and a thread all about this would technically be against the rules, so I figured this is the best place for this, since it's within it's own thread--

THE OFFICIAL LIST OF SOUL BRO'S MEN (AND WOMEN AND ETC.)

BECAUSE THIS NEEDS QUANTIFYING AND CODIFYING, YO! Also, please fill in the gaps. :)

Katz Kobayashi
Beecha and Mondo
Gyunei Gus
The guy who shot Iron Mask in the mask
Kou Uraki
Kuzzey Buskirk
Yuna Roma Seiren
Saji Crossroad (The Originator!)
Susamu Sazaki

That's all I can think of at the moment. :D

--Freyja Wion
Vent Noir

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: THE OFFICIAL LIST OF SOUL BRO'S MEN (AND WOMEN AND ETC.)

BECAUSE THIS NEEDS QUANTIFYING AND CODIFYING, YO! Also, please fill in the gaps. :)

Katz Kobayashi
Beecha and Mondo
Gyunei Gus
The guy who shot Iron Mask in the mask
Kou Uraki
Kuzzey Buskirk
Yuna Roma Seiren
Saji Crossroad (The Originator!)
Susamu Sazaki

That's all I can think of at the moment. :D
Rivalz
And didn't Chris and Neo declare Dique to be Soul Bro's Man over Soul Bro's objections?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Wingnut

Vent Noir wrote:And didn't Chris and Neo declare Dique to be Soul Bro's Man over Soul Bro's objections?
Flit arc Dique, yes. However Asemu arc Dique had at least somewhat redeemed the character in their opinion, IIRC.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I had actually thought of Dique and his grandson Wootbit, but I must have forgotten to write them down for some reason...

--Freyja Wion
Powerman293

New member of the fourms here.

I was listening to episode 153 of gundamn and during the right stuf Gundam distrubution discussion, I felt like you guys were being too narrow minded. It seems you guys only blame the fans for Gundam failing over here, when in reality, it is both Bandai and the fans' faults. I know you guys like to crush hopes and dreams of a sometimes irrational fanbase, but to just blame the fanbase for everything and not thinking Bandai has done anything wrong when they clearly have (Pricing being too expensive for their dvds and blu rays) disappoints me. Especally so since normally, you guys consider things from multiple perspectives. So next time you guys bring up this topic, I hope you consider other perspectives a bit more.

Keep on rockin'!
mobiusdiablo

Question - how do we get access to the earlier episodes of Gundamn? The feed won't go back from episode 78

EDIT: Okay, found that the Gundamn blogspot actually goes all the way back, but is there a way we could make accessing those archives easier?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
MCTDread

You guys are doing awesome work. Just listened to an oldie that had me dying with laughter. I believe the ep was called All the best pilots have daddy issues. Really great stuff.
jcncasval76

FYI: the latest podcast on gundamn (Neo Special: Star Wars The force awakens) needs to be reloaded on iTunes due to the file was claimed to be "corrupted".
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
mobiusdiablo

Just checking in and wondering if everything's okay on Gundamn's end. Been a couple months since I saw the last episode of Gundamn drop on my podcast app, so I wondered if the current RSS feed was out of date or corrupted or something, but apparently not. Hope everything's going well! :)
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
krullnar

Not really sure where to ask this and this seems like the place is the rss feed ever going to be updated or am i SOL
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?