Breaking Bad (AMC tv series) - spoiler tags please.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
kayone73

Breaking Bad (AMC tv series) - spoiler tags please.

Ok I finally blazed thru season 4 after a marathon viewing session this past weekend. Need to talk and discuss the story here. Chris is right, this is one of the best serial dramas I've seen on TV, many props of Vince Gilligan and crew, and bravo to fantastic writing, great character acting and some outstanding cinematography. I cannot begin to count how many random screencaps of random scenes would work as photography gallery works of art. For those of you unable to view it because of lack of cable or internet, I feel sorry for you.

Spoiler tags will abound I imagine.

I'll start
Spoiler
Thanks, even tho the Walter White/Ned Flanders comparison is a pretty old internet joke already, its very true. Both pathetic, wimpy looking guys with a lot of deep seated rage & hate.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completes ... 122764.jpg

I think the analysis of Walt up til now is that deep down, this guy isn't that nice at all, in fact he's been a bit of a dick for a while, but his wimpy Ned Flanders/Mr Chips/geek exterior and demeanor has kind of forced him into the reasonable nice guy role by default.

But in his view, life and the world has sh** on him for several years and his buried anger has been building for a while. While it came out in explosive bursts early in the show, he 'Mr White' personality has more or less been replaced by 'Heisenberg' who is the embodiment of constant smoldering rage & hate. He either has no conscience now or he suppresses it quite a bit.

With the death of Gus, this eternal loser has finally scored one victory against the world.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Breaking Bad (AMC tv series) - spoiler tags please.

Good man. Keep the word alive. Summer 2012 can't get here fast enough.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Quiddity

Its an amazing show, the best on television right now easily. I got into it just under a year ago and this was my first year watching it live. Season 4 was certainly frustrating at times, especially 4 to 5 episodes into the season but by the end it made it all worth it. That final season can't get here fast enough and that they have decided to end it after this one gives me faith that they'll end it in satisfying fashion. The way season 4 ended there are many possibilities about the direction they could go in.
Spoiler
My view on Walt and what is probably the biggest theme and direction of the show is that he is becoming and for all intents and purposes is now completely evil and reprehensible. "Mr Chips to Scarface" as the creator of the show has said. Practically everything this guy does is despisable and he always without fail will refuse any and all paths with will resolve things in peaceful fashion due to his severe ego, whether its refusing to let his friend pay for his surgery or hire him, refusing to let Gale be known as Heisenburg or anything else. I've absolutely despised the guy for several seasons now, since in a 3 episode span his greed caused the murder of Jesse's friend (which in turn led to Jesse's heroin addiction), he missed the birth of his daughter to sell meth, he for all intents and purposes murdered Jesse's girlfriend, and such actions led to the deaths of over 150 people. Its why a scene like the end of Crawl Space (my favorite BB scene ever) is so great. This guy had some bad luck with the cancer, yes, but he has taken all these opportunities for things to be settled peacefully and has brushed them aside and has caused heinous act after heinous act that its completely unforgivable. I don't view the death of Gus being Walt's 'one victory against the world', but rather the latest and greatest example of this character being the ultimate evil and doing the most unspeakable acts (this time poisoning a kid) to get his way.

Oh, and this is the best site ever, has just sprung up within the last week or so:
http://breaking-bad-comics.tumblr.com/
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
kayone73

I'm shocked there have been no posts for this show since 2011. First of the final 8 episodes aired last night. Pretty amazing kickoff for the end of the show.
Toxicity

Trying to find a decent stream of the episode was annoying, but oh well, I'm not getting cable for the first time in almost 5 years just for 8 episodes of one show. I suspect the final season (half season, whatever) may have a body count worthy of Kill 'em All Tomino.
Quiddity

Last night was a terrific episode, I'm glad they showed the willingness to do that Hank/Walt scene at the end in the first episode rather than drag it out for several episodes longer. If we got this much in only the first episode I can't wait to see how much we see in the remaining 7. Only bad thing about last night was AMC requiring one to watch half hour of the awful follow up show for a 15 second preview.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
kayone73

Ok any of you b***s that claim to be the ultimate fan of BB will have to keep quiet unless you pony up the dough for this custom built Breaking Bad lego superlab playset

http://lego.gizmodo.com/finally-a-break ... 1115406010
They said it couldn't be done. Well, it happened. Sorta. For the rock bottom price of $250 this custom-made Breaking Bad Lego set could be yours! The set comes with over 500 bricks and three minifigs! Seriously, it doesn't get much better than a super-cute Lego meth lab.

Though it's not an official Lego set (cause that would never happen), it's still a pretty sweet piece of kit. It's a shame that Lego frowns upon drugs, sex, violence, and middle-aged men running around trailers in their tighty-whities, cause this is pretty badass. Thinking about buying one for that special someone in your life? "Due to [its] sheer awesomeness" it takes about 2-3 weeks to ship. [Citizen Brick]
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

What's that internet? You LOVED the season finale of Breaking Bad? Like...collectively? Like 97 percent? Are you feeling alright internet? That doesn't sound like you at ALL!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020