What fanfics are you reading?

Your own tale of two mecha.
Vent Noir

What fanfics are you reading?

Thought it might be good to have a thread for discussion of what fanfics people are reading, not necessarily ones posted here.

I've been on a bit of a Nanoha kick recently - I've read (and enjoyed) White Devil of the Moon by Bissek, and Takamachi Nanoha of 2814 by Shadow Crystal Mage. I'm currently reading Endless Waltz, part of Daishi Prime's Deva series (nothing to do with Gundam Wing) - reading that's what's delaying the stuff in my book pile.

What about the rest of you?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Antares

Re: What fanfics are you reading?

Currently none; I try to check out what's cooking here but after ShadowCell completed his I haven't found a new one that would be equally compelling... :(
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Hyakushiki

I'm currently reading Neon Exodus Evangelion a more optimistic take on the series. Your mileage may very on this one admittedly the main character is a Marty Stu, unlike others of his ilk though, he has a likable personality and doesn't overshadow their of cast or the plot with his presence. He does improve though as the story progresses and becomes more balanced and realistic.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Gyra Solune

The above reminded me that I need to get back to Shinji & Warhammer 40k. Wierdly, it was pretty much upon finishing the series that I stopped reading it, mainly because I forgot about it.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I've been on a DBZ kick lately, but I don't know how long that's going to last because finding a good DBZ fic is getting to be kind of a chore.

Some of the best DBZ fics I've ever read can be found here. Dragon Ball Super Z is basically what happened to M.Trunks after he returned to his future. I won't say too much more so I don't spoil it.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Since people already mentioned ShadowCell’s story, I will leave it at that…but his stories are a fun read and he really (especially in Eternity) made things very Gundam-Xist. Which is always a plus in my book ;)

I must recommend beyond all else that you read Maderfole's Golden Age Trilogy. It is the longest running story in the Gundam Seed fanfiction archive on fanfiction.net...and I mean that both how long he has been writing it and how long the story is.

Seriously if you are looking for a quality read that is LONG (I am taking millions of words here), then Maderfole is the one for you. He is seriously one of the best fanfiction writers I have ever read and his stories are some of the highest quality you are likely ever to find.

One of the most interesting parts of Maderfole's trilogy is that he started writing it after Gundam Seed finished airing...then as Destiny started coming out, he incorporated some of the elements from Destiny into his own story (at least at first). I am not saying he steals stuff from Destiny, on the contrary, he takes some of the characters situations, gives them a new (yet refreshingly familiar) twist, and changes some of their motivations while keeping the character's core values the same. It is amazing!

If you have the time, I recommend checking it out, yes the first part of his trilogy (Chaotic Cosmos) starts off a little slow (and a little high-schooly) BUT give it time and it will pay off in ways you never expected.

Since I am all for some balance...I will admit that Maderfole's stories are a little daunting in size, he sometimes goes into WAY too much detail about things no one cares about, and he tries way too hard to be George RR Martin (I am all for paying some homage and respect, but Maderfole tries to imitate him especially in his last "book" of the series).

But those really are small critiques, and honestly, I think you would be hard pressed to find a series that is more rewarding, exciting, and honestly this well written.

Maderfole is currently writing the last part of his trilogy: The Reclaimation War, and I think by the time you catch up, he should be almost finished...or not...he is slow sometimes to update...and he said he was only half way done with RW....hmmm, ANYWAY!!!

Check this out!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Rob DS Zeta

Soma Taozi wrote:Maderfole's Golden Age Trilogy
I second this recommendation! Don't stare too long, though, or you may go mad!

Anyway, I haven't been reading much mecha fanfiction since ShadowCell's stuff ended. My main focus right now is iNf3ctioNZ's Masses to Masses series (Mass Effect). It's a little weak, but the characters are fun enough to keep even a picky guy like me entertained.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Deathzealot

I personally have been wading through the various Recommended Fics Threads over at SpaceBattles, there are quite a few jewels along those various threads. I believe there are six of them at last count by the way. Anyways there is a little bit for everyone in the threads, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and plenty others. One such story is For the People, a post-Macross Frontier Story that looks pretty interesting.
Wingnut

Currently I'm following two stories and one author. The Streets of Rage fanfic The Future Is Now and the Full Metal Panic story Sword and Shield. Also watching the author Mika Kuruyame for new FMP stuff.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cyn_Finnegan

Well, other than writing fanfic, I'm enjoying an epic one called Gundam Fantasy over on deviantArt, as well as one called Hiiro Yui's Eleven Rules. I also like Leap of Faith, which starts 19 years after the end of Endless Waltz.
"Just watch me ... I'll become the God of Death once again, but right now ... I need some sleep."

- Duo Maxwell, from Gundam Wing episode 23. Best. Line. EVER.
DuelGundam2099

http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14621

I don't know, maybe you guys will like it, even if it is after Christmas.
Amion

Currently I'm reading over shadowcell's reorchestration of SEED Destiny.http://www.angelfire.com/mt2/shadowcell/ Come to think of it, there's alot going on with SEED right now, with the remaster project.

That said, I'm writing my own fanfiction too, Gundam Gravity Well, but I need to decide once and for all whether or not to use another site or post the work here on mahq directly.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
MarshalBraginsky

Other than ShadowCell's fanfic, I'm also reading the Code GeassxGundam 00 crossover where Bismarck adopts Soran and goes under the name Alexander Waldstein.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Here's a nice little one-shot, mainly featuring JudauxRoux but with cameos by a lot of other Gundam characters. Judau gets yelled at, Seabook gets a wrench in the face, Heero waxes the Zeta Gundam and Zeches and Puru join the School of the Undefeated of the East.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5091767/1/D ... eta-Lovers
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Deathzealot

Since I came back to Gundam I have been following CSS_Stravag and his stuff mostly Archangel Amazing Adventure, a huge mega-crossover, and the Joker's Wild Series. There is also operation meteor and his SEED/Wing Crossover Journey to a New Battlefield which I believe just updated.