Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ETERNITY

Your own tale of two mecha.
Antares

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ETERNITY

I re-watched the G'00 ending yesterday night (inspired to do so by Burke), and actually noticed a similarity; Ribbons was a bit distracted by ghostly Regene appearing, as was Kira by Fllay's specter here. So that's a valid gimmick to employ. ;)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
domino

Understood Antares.

I guess I wanted Shinn to out-skill Kira and not get lucky due to kind ghostly figures.
ZeonsSilverStar

Over the past weekend I was able to finish you fanfic ShadowCell and after having a few days to consider everything I've read I must say that all in all I enjoyed to say the least. I never thought I'd be saying that about something based in the Cosmic Era, aside from Astray, but I truly enjoy this much more so than the actual canon. Its rare that I find a fanfic, let alone a Gundam fanfic, that kept me coming back for more.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Amion

You're not the only one who can throw up thread revival trap cards, Shadowcell. You made an excellent compelling story, so I absolutely had to post, despite it being so long after the end.

Wow, after reading 151+ chapters (the prologue counts, yes it does) I have to say bravo *slowly claps hands* you have set the bar for all fanfics, particularly mine, to a high, lofty position. *Squints* I can barely see it now. And this is my 300'th post, whew. What a great way to celebrate. *Munches on a piece of a golden chocolate bar with almonds*

First I'd like to say that I actually enjoyed your Destiny. Suffering makes characters develop, and you showed that flawlessly. If some people call you grimdark and cruel, then they should just shut up. You also proved as a writer to have a command not just over the slaughter, but also over the brighter side of developing characters, as seen in Twilight and Eternity.

I was really pleased with Rau, Shinn, and especially Emily. These three were the bright shining characters of your story and I will forever remember Rau as one of my favorite villains, his death was perfect. I'm also happy with Emily as a character. I think it was Soma, or maybe Anteres-no, it was...ah, who cares? Emily is a truly breathing character who'll stick around in my heard forever, kudos to you, Shadowcell.

Another note I want to mention in tune with the discussions on this thread is the scale of your story. I think you were right to leave the Aristotle, Ed and Jane from the ending. The world is a big place, so it only makes sense for some people to be lost in its vastness. Maybe readers will grumble, but it still reminds us of the scope of your work. I thank you for giving me this feeling, it's not something I experience often when. Most authors tend to avoid this for the aforementioned reasons, after all.

*Cracks knuckles* Alright, time to dish out the critical hurt.

I wanted to say the ending blew me away with its scale. It did no such thing. Ch. 49 was epic beyond belief. The Return of the Jedi quotes was hilarious, and great, while the battle with Kira and Shinn ended as good as I hoped. With Rau, all I can say is that it was a perfect ending for Rau Le Crouset, and it was priceless to see his manipulative machinations backfire in his face for the probably the first time just before his demise.

Then Chapter 50 drops it all. It was a good ending, but when I say good, I don't mean epic. The story does have a life-goes-on feel, not something I wanted to see in a finale like Eternity. The real issues are with the ZAKU Goliath and Valentine's silence. But that has been discussed before so I'll leave that horse skeleton for some other thread necromancer to torture.

Over all, while I wished the ending had been more bittersweet and explosive in its finish, the characters and their lives shine through and bring it all to a satisfying conclusion. Thank you Shadowcell for writing this fanfic. You have redeemed Destiny in my eyes and I personally don't plan to read any other seed fanfiction for some time, since I don't believe I'll find the scope and grandeur you crafted in Destiny/Twilight/Eternity.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

^^^You might want to check out the final chapter of Eternity as posted on fanfiction. ShadowCell changes up some things and tweaks it, so that I think you might find the last chapter to flow easier and be more "epic." :)

Things I specifically remember from when I read the last chapter on fanfiction was Valentine actually talking before she is killed. It fits her character more and adds a little bit to the final strike for Emily.

I recommend you check it out!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
ShadowCell

i did tweak the last chapter in the FF.net version

anyways! glad you enjoyed it
First I'd like to say that I actually enjoyed your Destiny. Suffering makes characters develop, and you showed that flawlessly. If some people call you grimdark and cruel, then they should just shut up.
i'm not entirely sure i totally agree. i definitely agree that suffering makes characters develop and it's sort of an unavoidable facet of a war story, but looking back i definitely feel like i went overboard, and in some weird directions. i could've turned Kira to the dark side much more gracefully, i could've done more with the original SEED cast, and i probably could've dispatched them with a bit more dignity than just exterminating them all in one go.

ah well. it's done.
Amion

I was never including Kira's turning as part of Destiny and its darkness. And I personally liked the quick end most of the characters got from the Megami, it made the Destroys truly fearsome for once. But you're right, it's done.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.