Ep. 116 - The Queen of Hearts

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 116 - The Queen of Hearts

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 116 - "The Queen of Hearts"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 223 min., 47 sec. (3:43:47) - 102 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Special Guests: Karen Strassman & Dollow Rlance (Segment Two)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:44:54

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:44:54 - 0:45:37

03. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:45:37 - 0:46:05

04. 1st Segment: "Anime Spotlight - Transformers Prime - Season Two"
Runtime: 0:46:05 - 1:28:31

05. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:28:31 - 1:29:30

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:29:30 - 1:30:21

07. 2nd Segment: "The Red Rose of the Black Knights! - An Evening with Karen Strassman"
Runtime: 1:30:21 - 2:40:52

08. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:40:52 - 2:41:43

09. "Hell Hath No Fury" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 2:41:43 - 2:42:36

10. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:42:36 - 3:43:47

First, we return to the world of Transformers Prime, reviewing the second season! Then, we're joined by Dollow Rlance as we sit down with actress Karen Strassman - voice of Kallen Kozuki from "Code Geass"! Endless thanks go out Karen for joining us this episode & Dollow for co-hosting and arranging the interview! Make sure to visit these pages & websites to support our guests in this episode!

- Karen Strassman's Official Website: http://www.KarenStrassman.com
- Karen Strassman on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/pages/Karen-Str ... 4081151336
- Karen Strassman's Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/KarenStrassman
- "Monsuno" Official Website: http://www.Monsuno.com/EN/
- Atlus - Developer of the Persona series: http://www.Atlus.com
- Dollow's Blog: http://dollowrlance.blogspot.com/
- Dollow's Twitter: https://twitter.com/DollowR

After this episode, head on over to our YouTube Channel and check out uncensored conversations about absolute randomness from your favorite Gundamn hosts!

Ep. 116 - Extra Segments! (Very NSFW!)
- Coming Soon!

In-between segments, we sometimes have inspired off-topic and uncensored conversations about anything and everything. Now, they have a home on our YouTube channel! Subscribe to our Youtube channel @ http://www.YouTube.com/GundamnMAHQ and be on the lookout for more extra segments!

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Tomocast Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (NEW! Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Re: Ep. 116 - The Queen of Hearts

So you guys reviewed part 2 of Transformers Prime. Awesome looking forward to the episode as I'm downloading it now.

I thought the 2nd season was a bit better than the 1st season mainly because of the story arcs and how they were handled. That and less of the moronic antics of Miko although that was still there.

I enjoy Jack's character and how responsible/dependable he is and not the Shalia LeGoof character.

Smokescreen is interesting too for talking like being a hotshot but actually using his head sometimes in battle to survive.

My favorite part of season 2 though is the part where Smokescreen jumped off the Nemesis and Megatron actually threw 2 random vehicons to fetch the airborn Smokescreen. Too bad for one of the vehicons that he was a land based car and fell to his death while the other one was a flyer. That part was hilarious.
Varnis

That interview was a very nice surprise...How do you pull this magic Dollow? :P
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Chris
Administrator

Varnis wrote:That interview was a very nice surprise...How do you pull this magic Dollow? :P
He sacrifices babies to the voice acting god in exchange for interviews.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Varnis

Chris wrote:
Varnis wrote:That interview was a very nice surprise...How do you pull this magic Dollow? :P
EXCELLENT :twisted:
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Dollow

Varnis wrote:
Chris wrote:
EXCELLENT :twisted:
It's very simple: I treat them like people, and ask very nicely, the very things Trolls do not do.

The babies help.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Silver_August

nice episode guys but what's the name of that j...pop? song that played at the start of one of the segments? it's on the tip of my tongue and I can't nail it for the life of me
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

yazi88 wrote:
I enjoy Jack's character and how responsible/dependable he is and not the Shalia LeGoof character.
Please show the man some respect, his name is Goof LeBeouf.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Flame-X

Silver_August wrote:nice episode guys but what's the name of that j...pop? song that played at the start of one of the segments? it's on the tip of my tongue and I can't nail it for the life of me
The start of the 2nd segment is "O2" by ORANGE RANGE which is Code Geass R2's first OP song. The outro I have no idea, sounds like something from Kenji Kawai or Yoko Kanno.
RX Prime

Great episode! I would like to point out that while the Prime Star Saber maybe a reference to the character from Victory (as Chris had pointed out), I think it's a stronger homage to the Star Saber in Armada, one of the three most powerful Mini-Con weapons.

While I enjoy season 2 a bit more than season 1, I do have a tiny nitpick. I feel that Smokescreen should have been named/colored as Hot Rod/Rodimus, as I found his character to be more suited for a Hot Rod, what with the whole idolizing Optimus and making reckless decisions.
Chris
Administrator

RX Prime wrote:Great episode! I would like to point out that while the Prime Star Saber maybe a reference to the character from Victory (as Chris had pointed out), I think it's a stronger homage to the Star Saber in Armada, one of the three most powerful Mini-Con weapons.
Given that the Star Saber in Armada was itself probably an homage to Victory, in the end it doesn't really matter. :)
ProfessorMecha

Heard the entire cast while I was building one of my models. Loved the interview with Ms.Strassman and it was really interesting to hear her talk about being a VA. Though I am surprised that you didn't ask her about Unicorn, although maybe I missed that.
Chris
Administrator

ProfessorMecha wrote:Though I am surprised that you didn't ask her about Unicorn, although maybe I missed that.
We did ask.
The Fowl Sorcerous

Dollow wrote: It's very simple: I treat them like people, and ask very nicely, the very things Trolls do not do.

The babies help.
it's also amazing how people respond to the question 'how would you like to talk about yourself for an hour?'
[[lorem ipsum]]
ProfessorMecha

Chris wrote:
ProfessorMecha wrote:Though I am surprised that you didn't ask her about Unicorn, although maybe I missed that.
We did ask.
My mistake, I'll have to listen again.
Mu La Flaga

Interesting little episode, Transformers Prime I may have interest in, in time.
Although I agree with RX Prime considering it was the name of Minicon super weapon in Transformers Armada and not likely every kid knows about the Japanese Transformers series.

As for the interview with Karen Strassman was a nice interview and I appreciated her being upfront on the piracy issue to people out there who don't suppose the industry.
Even though as I've bought it up on the Facebook group in the past, it's not the sole factor for the state of the industry or why some companies have folded(some also had bad management or buisness practices)
Having said that, I'm a fan of hers and she sounds like a nice person from the chat you all had with her.

FINALLY as for my voicemail, Chris your finishing move needs more power at least Soul Bro and Neo answered it, wether it's this or the last time I submitted Voltron stuff you end up being a cop out :P
Surprised SBR didn't use an oldy but a goody.
"Form blazing sword!"
Sorry about the rant at the start explaining me repeating the same voicemail again.

I also wanted to add.
1.The accent can be sometimes hard to understand.
2.I am putting the muffled quality of the call down partly to my call provider, ah Vodafone Australia...
If your curious just look them up, but hey, I got my phone through them under a deal anyways :P

That is all I've got.
Chris
Administrator

Mu La Flaga wrote:Although I agree with RX Prime considering it was the name of Minicon super weapon in Transformers Armada and not likely every kid knows about the Japanese Transformers series.
You're assuming that the reference (or any of the many other references in the show) are for kids.
Mu La Flaga

True, but just saying it's kind of more reasonable chances are kids have seen Armada over Victory first :P
Not saying it's also a shout out to that series.
Destiny_Gundam

Eh... I doubt Chris's title of Dream Crusher. I mean, how successful have you actually been at crushing those hopes and dreams? And I mean in actual practise. You need to have made all those hopers and dreamers actually give up on their hopes and dreams.

Oh, and Neo in regards to the new Super Robot Wars game, that Virtual On unit that's in there? It's actually Miku Hatsune. That's right, Miku is now a giant robot. Grab the tomes!

Soul Bro, you got your Sword Art Online characters wrong. You were thinking of Klein, but Klein was cool so he can't be your man. The character in question is Suguha/Leafa's schoolmate that has a crush on her.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Oh yeah, Rekon is DEFINITELY a Soul Bro's Man. :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion