Sp. 017 - The Service Games Session

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Sp. 017 - The Service Games Session

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Sp. 017 - "The Service Games Session"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 112 min., 45 sec. (1:52:45) - 51.6 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Special Guest Panelists: Dollow Rlance, Shoji Ramuro, Spencer, Varnis & Zero

Today's Special Episode features Gundamn! @ MAHQ's Soul Bro Ryu, Shoji Ramuro from Flip The Script & Level Nine, Dollow Rlance from previous Gundamn Specials, and Gundamn Listener Varnis brings his two cohorts, Spencer and Zero are gather on this special to talk about.....The History of Sega!

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the Gundamn! @ MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (NEW! Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts also!:
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 027 - The Films of Pixar (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Ep. 028 - Torchwood (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 004 - Show 'em tha' Guap, man! (FightersReady.net Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music featured in this Episode:
Details coming soon!

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Re: Sp. 017 - The Service Games Session

So great to hear Shoji Ramuro again. Also Dollow had some really great points. Dollow should BE on specials more often with Soul Bro. You guys make a good duo.

Also Dollow, I'm also a big fan of Valkyria Chronicles, a real damn shame the 3rd game never came here.

I personally used to own the Sega Genesis 3 and bought a Dreamcast a few years back. I really wanted the CD and Saturn but couldn't afford it then. Probably still pricey as hell online these days too.
Varnis

I feel like I had a 'Eureka' moment when I came up with the idea for this podcast...Why didn't I think of this sooner? XD
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Service Games? SErvice GAmes? SEGA? SEGA has been around since the FORTIES? MIND. BLOWN.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
hotlimit

I was about to lose it if nobody mentioned the Del song, but then Soul Bro came through.
Here it is for anyone that hasn't heard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_owLgOBTng
Hardcore fighting game fans will know the sample...

First time I heard it I was like, "OMG he references Rival Schools like 6 times!"
Mu La Flaga

This was an awesome episode to listen to for a special.
An interesting discussion on SEGA as a whole and the ups and downs of things with the company.
I actually never owned their consoles due to back in the day, it was the SNES and Nintendo 64 for myself and my brother.
I mean I kind of wanted a Saturn for Panzer Dragoon and Virtual On.
A Dreamcast was also really appealing for Marvel vs Capcom 1.

But anyway at least they make some interesting and good games now as well as putting their old stuff out there on PSN and XBox Live now.
JHuddle

are you guys gonna do a Nintendo and a PlayStation podcast ep ? this was great, and I loved hearing sho again
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote: I actually never owned their consoles due to back in the day, it was the SNES and Nintendo 64 for myself and my brother.
Don't you mean "stolen"
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Varnis

JHuddle wrote:are you guys gonna do a Nintendo and a PlayStation podcast ep ? this was great, and I loved hearing sho again
If they fall into obscurity and become a tragic story in the next few weeks...then yeah we will :twisted:
hawk of endymion wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote: I actually never owned their consoles due to back in the day, it was the SNES and Nintendo 64 for myself and my brother.
Don't you mean "stolen"
With the prices they had back then...Would YOU buy them? XD
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:
Don't you mean "stolen"
Nah, parents ended up getting the SNES, that awesome Super Mario All Stars bundle set for it in fact.
JHuddle

isnt nentindo a tragic story already ? I mean Wii u , come on
Varnis

JHuddle wrote:isnt nentindo a tragic story already ? I mean Wii u , come on
That's a matter of opinion...Nintendo are doing just fine...just because they don't sell nearly enough 'mature games' as Sony or Microsoft doesn't mean they aren't failing...it just means that the mature gamers have to go to either PS3/X360 if they want their 'mature' games...which I'm sure was what we were talking about on the podcast if you were paying attention...About how Sega had a much more mature library of games compared to Nintendo.
Mu La Flaga

You know hold on, I wish to correct a small bit of my earlier post.
I did for a while have a Sega Master system and a few games for it.

I don't remember what happened to it, it was Master System 2 so it had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in.
It could be possible we traded it in towards getting Super Mario World from a Cash Convertors store years back.

Not quite sure.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Varnis wrote:
JHuddle wrote:isnt nentindo a tragic story already ? I mean Wii u , come on
That's a matter of opinion...Nintendo are doing just fine...just because they don't sell nearly enough 'mature games' as Sony or Microsoft doesn't mean they aren't failing...it just means that the mature gamers have to go to either PS3/X360 if they want their 'mature' games...which I'm sure was what we were talking about on the podcast if you were paying attention...About how Sega had a much more mature library of games compared to Nintendo.
No it's not a matter of opinion, financially Nintendo is a troubled company based on declining sales and product costs. Declining console sales killed Sega's business and caused them to be a non factor. The failure of both companies is with their business models not mature games.

In the end, these are businesses and when businesses are not run correctly, they fail, no matter the quality of the product.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Dollow

Just one thing on the Wii U, it still is a matter of opinion. Gundamn might not be too keen on it, I am very positive on it. The point with SEGA is that they ruined their image and the faith the players had in their consoles, as Neo simply put bad business policy. Nintendo is still making consoles, and SEGA is not, weather Nintendo's policy leads them down the way of SEGA, well we will see.

Plus we would not do one on Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft as Gundamn & CTcast did it already with the E3 Episode & Save or Troll episode.

When it comes down to it, if any of "The Big Three" stop making home consoles, then maybe it would be worth doing.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
hawk of endymion

Click the link below about an interesting article regarding the state of Nintendo's business.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-1 ... -tech.html

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

kayone73

Of all my 'older than PS3 & xbox360' generation consoles...the one ive never been able to rid of and consider irreplaceable is my Saturn. Its mod chipped to be region free and everything else and I still have the 5-in1 cartridge as well. The library of top notch Japanese market 2D games I cannot get rid of either

My faces in the collection:
Radiant Silvergun
Sokyu Gurentai
DOA
Thundeforce V
steeltamashii

Quick question for Soulbro here:

Even with the inclusion of Big the Cat (arguably the worst character in Sonic history) in Sonic Adventure 1, you'd still pick Sonic Adventure 1 over 2?
(Btw, the chao garden was in SA1 as well, they had alot of the special chao eggs in the first game that you could carry into the chao gardens in SA2 as well via your VMU)
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.