The Official "Identify This Mecha" Thread Ver 1.0

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official "Identify This Mecha" Thread Ver 1.0

Sorry to double post, but here's an unknown ship!

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/584/unknownship.png

It looks like a Pegasus class ship and there is a possible name (in pic), but after looking through the Pegasus ships on the main site nothing matches. BTW this is from Sunrise Heroes R. Yeah, the PS2 port of that unknown Dreamcast game from Banpresto.

Yeah........ And I'm gonna walk away before I get more weird glares.
TakaTahuNuva

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Sorry to double post, but here's an unknown ship!

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/584/unknownship.png

It looks like a Pegasus class ship and there is a possible name (in pic), but after looking through the Pegasus ships on the main site nothing matches. BTW this is from Sunrise Heroes R. Yeah, the PS2 port of that unknown Dreamcast game from Banpresto.

Yeah........ And I'm gonna walk away before I get more weird glares.
It's called the "Astante II". I could find very little information about it, it's an original ship made for some Sunrise games. From what I could gather form another source, it's actually the White Base, redesigned for long-distance purposes.
ohhhh snap
Erisie

Let's see if you can ID this one: http://i.imgur.com/QcQeY.jpg

These shuttles only appeared on the first episode of SEED. Apparently, they were used to infiltrate Athrun's team on Heliopolis to steal the Gundams. There's no information about them anywhere. None. Not on websites, nor on artbooks. Nothing.

Does anyone know if they even have a name? Based on the design, I'd say they look more Okawara than Kimitoshi Yamane's hand. But I could be mistaken.
Crimson-Lightning

One of the art books did have it though its entry is as long as its screen time. The shuttle can be found at the bottom corner of the page:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288 ... 1_M_22.jpg
Erisie

Thanks, Crimson. After a month, I was beginning to lose hope that anyone would know anything about it. I hope that, with the HD upscale, those mechanical artbooks get re-released and we got some better scans. Instead of even more fujoshi-pandering full page spreads of Kira and Athrun, like on those teeny-bopper magazines.

According to Google's automated translation, "ステルスランチ" is translated as "Stealth Launch". From Wikipedia (jp):

Appeared in the first episode "SEED". Launch was a kind of space in Kruse Corps operational strategy takes G. To be operated by the inertia navigation, has been substituted by the airbag in a collision where silence put a brake on the reverse thrust of the original vernier if not to be perceived heat.
animalia

animalia wrote:here is another unknown melef from episode 8 of escaflowne that i would link a name for.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/backhoe1.jpg/

please and thank you
sorry to quote myself but i was afraid this old post would get lost in the mess otherwise
Arbiter GUNDAM

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

Specifically in a crouched position on the launch catapult of the Musaka, just a second or so before being flung into space.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
AmuroNT1

It kind of reminds me of the Qubeley's funnels; maybe that's their "standby mode" when they're being repaired or maintained?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
schwarz ritter

Hmmm...is it from the original MSG series or something? Looks weird.
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Arbiter GUNDAM

It's from a scene where they're looking at a bunch of different blueprints from the Dark History.

--Freyja Wion
schwarz ritter

So it is from the original MSG series?
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
PowerdGNFlag

Or from a part of Dark History we haven't seen yet.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
schwarz ritter

Never heard of Dark History. Gotta check it out then, because I have no idea what you're talking about :/
mcred23

It's a major element of the plot in Turn A Gundam...
Spoiler
That, in short, implies that all the previous Gundam universes occured prior to the Correct Century of Turn A, hence why you get all those designs from other series showing up, and later on, an episode that includes tons of clips and images from older shows, such as the Geara Doga a few posts back in this thread. Whether one chooses to buy into all of that or not is another matter...
So yeah, that may be from there, or it could be something that originally pops up on a screen in MSG or Zeta, which does happen a few times...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
schwarz ritter

Oooohh They're talking about Turn A Gundam?! I mean, I know what you're talking about, red, but that image seemed more like from the original MSG (hence why I insisted in asking whether it was from there or not).

I like to think that all Gundam universes, no matter the setting or timeline, have one common future, and that is Turn A's. Not that the universes blend but rather, that no matter the path they take, they'll always end up as "Turn A's" universe.
Arbiter GUNDAM

So nobody has ANY idea what it is?

--Freyja Wion