Known MSV-R so far

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Gelgoog Jager

Re: Known MSV-R so far

Do those scans provide any new information about the Rick Dom series or do they mention if Dozle did pilot this unit?

As a side note, MSV-R seems to be providing a lot of new units for the next Gihren's Greed Game, particualrly more customized MS for the Zabi brothers and some Zeon aces.
JEFFPIATT

some how it seems strange for him to have his heat hawk on an dom frame unless this unit inspired the dression.
Gelgoog Jager

JEFFPIATT wrote:some how it seems strange for him to have his heat hawk on an dom frame unless this unit inspired the dression.
I always thought that the reason most Dom-type MS don't use small close-combat weapons was due to their lower agility due to their heavier armor, which can be reflected in their low turning speed. By using longer weapons such as heat rods and halberds, they have greater reach which I supposed somewhat compensates for the lower agility.

Regarding Dozle customized Heat Hawk, while it is shorter than a Heat Rod, it's still far larger than a normal Heat Hawk, so it isn't such a significant downgrade in comparison. After all, some Dowadges from ZZ and Unicorn also use Heat Tomahawks.

As for the unit that inspired the Dreissen, or at rather its halberd-like weapon, that is most likely the YMS-09J Dom High Speed Experimental Type, another MSV-R unit. Its Heat Lancer does seem like an early version of the Dreissen's Beam Tomahawk when it is combined with its Beam Lancer.
EleSigma

The General Revil Custom Gundam. Just.....did they expect him to personally pilot that? Did Revil even have any mobile suit training to be able to operate a MS?
AmuroNT1

I'm pretty sure the entry on Revil's Gundam says it's just a showpiece for propaganda purposes. Plus, it was a fan contest design that Okawara cleaned up rather than one of his own.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
bilbros

In the April 2012 issue of Gundam Age, the 36th installment of MSV-R presents us Anavel Gato's MS-06R-1A, a "normal" Zaku II High Mobility Type painted in green and blue.
Red Comet90

Interesting so now we'll get to see the High Mobility type Zaku that Gato piloted. I love how it put that its normal.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
AnimeMun

Why do I think if Dozle had another month before the Battle of Solomon that the Big Zam would be completely blinged the fluff up?
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
Gelgoog Jager

Finally some images of the MSV-R volumes 36 and 37:

-MS-06R-1A - Anavel Gato's High Mobility Zaku. Otherwise, it seems to be just a regular MS-06R-1A, at least externally:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

-MS-06V-8 - A new Zaku Tank variation equipped with a double barrelled 105mm machinegun, fed from an ammo container on its backpack. The small antenna would seem to indicate that it is a commander unit:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Edit: replaced links with pics.
Gelgoog Jager

I apologize for the double post, but a new MSV-R has just appeared:

MS-07G-2 - Gouf Heavy Arm Type?

Also, while already among Mahq's profiles, we hadn't mentioned here the GM Night Seeker II:

RGM-79LV - essentially another version of the RGM-79V, with its main difference being that it uses the RGM-79L frame as a base as hinted by its model number, which should result in a more agile MS performing the same role of the original Night Seeker:
Pic 1
Pic 2

As an interesting bit of trivia, in the MSV-R manga, yet another GM Night Seeker variant (which seems based on the GM III) appears piloted by none other than Yazan Gable, confirming his survival after the First Neo Zeon War (the MSV-R manga takes place on U.C. 0090).

I would also like to take the chance to ask for translations for the more recent MSV-R units, namely those posted after the Nelson class (Salamis variant). Particularly I would like to request info on the Zaku Tank variant. Thanks in advance.
Deacon Blues

BEST. MSV. EVER!
toysdream

Okay, that one was worth waiting for. :-)

-- Mark
Sume Gai

That settles it; Zeeks have the bigger Balls.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Deacon Blues

So a total of 34 of those were made in June of '79 and deployed around Granada. *slaps knee*

I wanna know who wrote the backstory for that thing. Seriously.
Gelgoog Jager

I never saw that one coming. We just had a thread regarding the Adzam a few days ago.

What I find confusing is that I always imagined that whatever the Luna Tank was, it was something made by the Earth Federation which Zeon based the Adzam on, since other than Granada, Zeon didn't had much to do on the moon, while the Federation probably had garrisons of something at the very least for patrols, before the lunar cities became neutral that is.

So, what is its story? Something used for the capture of Granada before the war? And is it already equipped with mega particle cannons?

Finally, is there any other obscure UC weapon mentioned out there that we could hope to eventually see on the MSV series?
Kuruni

I won't say anything bad, since I alway want to see what the Luna Tank look like :D .

Now if only they give us RTX-44...
My girlfriend was a loli.
toysdream

Deacon Blues wrote:So a total of 34 of those were made in June of '79 and deployed around Granada. *slaps knee*
Nope. It says that production continued until June of U.C. 0079.

In the left column, it says that something illegible (the design or development process, probably) began in in U.C. 0077, the first unit rolled out in July of (illegible, probably U.C. 0078), and 22 units had been completed by the time war broke out. Since 34 units were eventually produced, I guess this means they built 12 more during the first half of the war.
I wanna know who wrote the backstory for that thing. Seriously.
Probably Katsumi Kawaguchi and Ken'ichi Kusakari. They're credited with "Setting Cooperation" in all the MSV-R articles.

-- Mark
Dark Duel

...It looks like a giant onion mounted on tank treads. With solar panels tacked on.
I don't think I've ever seen anything more ridiculously hilarious in Gundam, ever.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

toysdream wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:So a total of 34 of those were made in June of '79 and deployed around Granada. *slaps knee*
Nope. It says that production continued until June of U.C. 0079.

In the left column, it says that something illegible (the design or development process, probably) began in in U.C. 0077, the first unit rolled out in July of (illegible, probably U.C. 0078), and 22 units had been completed by the time war broke out. Since 34 units were eventually produced, I guess this means they built 12 more during the first half of the war.
Oops, totally just skimmed that and missed the まで in there.
Probably Katsumi Kawaguchi and Ken'ichi Kusakari. They're credited with "Setting Cooperation" in all the MSV-R articles.
And here my MSV-R page on my site has it... silly me, if only I looked (I meant it as sort of a rhetorical question anyways :P)

And someone on /m/ said it perfectly: Once the Onion is mass produced, the Feds will be reduced to cry babies in no time!