Sp. 002: Save or Troll

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
yazi88

Re: Sp. 002: Save or Troll

I have never laughed so hard on a troll subject since Macross 7 with Linkin Park music from Gundamn.

Sega Hitler rules all. Except Dennis.

Next time, troll Ubisoft, Rockstar, Valve and Epic.
eanetdude

There was so much haterade and laughter in this episode, I laughed so hard!
NastyNate

Probably the best Chaos Theatre yet. I thought Chris should have done his 40's announcer voice like he did with the neo jabman battle at some parts, but it was still hilarious.

I liked the part when everyone was arguing about capcom and chris had his evil mastermind laugh going on in the background. I could picture him with a crystal ball while the three where fighting in side as he smirkingly looks into the ball.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Arbiter GUNDAM

I think during the part where Soulbro and Austin were broadside-ing each other I think Chris was... was he laughing or crying? :D

Oh and SEGA-Hitler rulers all.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I think during the part where Soulbro and Austin were broadside-ing each other I think Chris was... was he laughing or crying? :D
When it comes to any discussion between Soul Bro and Austin about video games, I can't tell anymore. :shock:
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
NastyNate

^I wish there was a like button. :)
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
FordR

Just as an aside, now that I'm playing Diablo 3.

I'd just like to say someone was apparently listening to this and implemented Pedro's idea, because there's a level in the game where it's basically that. Not ponies, they're unicorns and rainbows. But still.
AKA- TheTrueYup
animalia

I have to wonder how new people will FIND out about anime without TV, I admit i do not know much about the streaming market and i could easily be wrong, but i would assume most people who stream only stream stuff they already KNOW about, people who already know about anime i could see why they might like streaming so they don't have to wait, but how would kids who have NEVER heard of anime find out about these shows, and if they do not know about these shows why would they look for them online. That being said I think short 13 to 26 episode shows would be a better pick as people would not have to wait for ever for current episodes of 100+ episode shows, and they could learn about anime that way and THEN look for streaming online.
Chris
Administrator

animalia wrote:I have to wonder how new people will FIND out about anime without TV
Everybody knows about Netflix and Hulu. It doesn't take much digging to find either of those sites and start watching anime.
animalia

Chris wrote:
animalia wrote:I have to wonder how new people will FIND out about anime without TV
Everybody knows about Netflix and Hulu. It doesn't take much digging to find either of those sites and start watching anime.
yeah but without knowing about ANIME why would they think to look for ANIME on those sites instead of something like Star Trek
Chris
Administrator

animalia wrote:yeah but without knowing about ANIME why would they think to look for ANIME on those sites instead of something like Star Trek
Because both those services actively advertise that they have anime, and they don't make it hard to find. This problem of discovery that you assume exists, doesn't.
animalia

Chris wrote:
animalia wrote:yeah but without knowing about ANIME why would they think to look for ANIME on those sites instead of something like Star Trek
Because both those services actively advertise that they have anime, and they don't make it hard to find. This problem of discovery that you assume exists, doesn't.
could you elaborate, do they advertise the good point of the anime, or just point out that they have it?
if it is the former then what you are saying makes since, but if it is the latter then it doesn't

P.S. sorry for asking all this but streaming does not personally interest me since there is no way, as far as i know to take it with you to a friend house and watch it on their tv. At least with soft subbed torrent files you can burn it to a DVD and take it with you.
Chris
Administrator

animalia wrote:could you elaborate, do they advertise the good point of the anime, or just point out that they have it?
if it is the former then what you are saying makes since, but if it is the latter then it doesn't

P.S. sorry for asking all this but streaming does not personally interest me since there is no way, as far as i know to take it with you to a friend house and watch it on their tv. At least with soft subbed torrent files you can burn it to a DVD and take it with you.
No, why would they advertise the "good point of the anime"? They make it clear that they have it, and lots of it. That's all they need to do. Streaming is much easier than what you propose, because all you need to do is login to the service from anywhere and you have access to all the content. That's a lot easier than burning DVDs and carrying them around with you.
animalia

Chris wrote:
animalia wrote:could you elaborate, do they advertise the good point of the anime, or just point out that they have it?

No, why would they advertise the "good point of the anime"? They make it clear that they have it, and lots of it. That's all they need to do. Streaming is much easier than what you propose, because all you need to do is login to the service from anywhere and you have access to all the content. That's a lot easier than burning DVDs and carrying them around with you.
If someone has never watched anime, they would need more then knowing it is available before they check it out. also not everyone has a TV that has access to those steaming stuff.
Arbiter GUNDAM

If someone has never watched anime then they should probably just dive in head first, metaphorically-speaking.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
animalia

Pedro/Austin sounds like the typical attenion whore (how dare you make a profit when you don't do what i want) , Nintendo knew it couldn't compete with high graphics THAT is why they switched things to where they stood a chance, Why should a buisness play a game they know they will lose. Nintendo has done a lot of things wrong but the Wii is not one of them.