2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mark064

Re: 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Who knows indeed cause some random person claimed to translate something with no original source of any kind.

Hey guise special secret translation info from Terada:

I'm sorry but Super Robot Wars OG2 is canceled. We have run into severe problems and the higher ups have decided the game can no longer be produced. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to all our fans.

There you go, I have created a translation that is as credible as the original. Spread through the internet my translation!
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Mu La Flaga

I wouldn't beleieve it without a source.
Unless they want to put their efforts in to Z2.2 and release it, then get money from the sales.

Then go back to 2nd OG.
Gyra Solune

If they cancel it I will have to throw something.

As extremely unlikely as it is, I do hope for SOME kind of method of translation. I heard that Namco was losing tons of money overseas because they simply weren't localizing shit, and considering the relatively sizable fanbase of the series outside of Japan, it would likely be beneficial to them to at least translate the text. The fan translation of Alpha Gaiden didn't need dubbing to be awesome. It would completely blow my mind if they fully dubbed it, but we all know the likelihood of that happening.

They might as well take a chance. It's the high mark of all people when they decide to do something for the sake of it instead of for profit. We need like a petition or something once the game is released.
Mark064

It won't happen. Why? Let's look at the factors.
  • - OG2 is the second (third) game in a continuing story of games. They'd have to go back and release OG and most likely OG Gaiden on the PS2 to get fans caught up. Seeing the PS2 is dead it won't happen. And a magical American PS3 compilation isn't likely either.

- Unless Sony's policy has changed, which I doubt, all games with vocal tracks much include an English vocal track. So if the game wants to be localized they need to dub it.

- Fan bases always over estimate how large they are, they seem to think that every registered person on a forum or something is a sale, or every name on a petition.

- The problem with petitions and the silliness of it all is that fans see it only as a number game, so they go anywhere to get people to sign a petition even though they no intention of ever buying the game just to support the petition.

- Bandai has done the math. With the SRW games released they know how big the fan base is when it translates into sales. They should be able to roughly calculate the estimated size of the SRW fan base in terms of sales. It's safe to assume that these numbers are lowering then localization costs.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Mu La Flaga

Giving an update for this thread.
According to this video new info to come soon from Terada.

http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog/de ... =0&t=0&s=0
2NA Fish

I've been waiting for SRW to make its return to the TV screen. Portable doesn't do it for me.
Mu La Flaga

2NA Fish wrote:I've been waiting for SRW to make its return to the TV screen. Portable doesn't do it for me.
If your referring to Z2.2 that could be understandable, but on the other hand Z2 has been some pretty damn good entries for the PSP, just to say that much.
DuelGundam2099

^In his defense the only console title since Z1 was Neo and I can imagine why people were turned off by it by either the mystical/no reals/late 80s to mid 90s theme or radial style. I also dare not mention how castrated New Getter Robo's first appearance was.
2NA Fish

Oh yeah, Gunleon made me seriously consider getting a PSP, but I'm just one of those guys who likes having things on the big screen with a huge sound system so all kabooms are extra earth shattering. :P

I could never get into the 3D SRW games like Neo. Love me sprites too much.
Mu La Flaga

Believe me, I hope now Z2.2 is out of the way OGS 2nd will be not too far off coming out.
Since chances are the team shifted back to working on that again.
2NA Fish

I have a feeling they've moved team members to work on Project Cross Zone which may have been the cause for the delay. Hopefully the wait is not too long.
hitokirigarou

Jakubuoh and Bujakuoh with new pilot characters and they seem to be on the enemy side:

http://i48.tinypic.com/kbq6wk.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/iem72u.jpg
DuelGundam2099

Better quality pictures:

(is this supposed to be Ashe?)
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 107779.jpg

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 145735.jpg

Grungust 0 confirmed:
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 187832.jpg

Soulgain and Gold Fairlion confirmed; I think that is Gamraid in the corner though I'm not certain:
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 259072.jpg

Spoiler
So am I the only one that thinks GC and SC2 originals might show up?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Frickin' AWESOME AXEL ALMER is back. Which means that more than likely Alfimi is back partnered with him. Best combat partners EVAR.

'nuff said. :twisted:
Kuruni

That black Hucky is call "Evil", it's just a codename though.

Famitsu link

Fun fact, checking image source code for Jakubuoh and Bujakuoh reveal that they're "copies".

(I think Shine "grown" a little bigger :mrgreen: )
My girlfriend was a loli.
hitokirigarou

Jakubuoh's sword and Bujakuoh's cannon are the same weapon (Kokuja) in different modes. I think it's based on the snake that coils around Genbu.

Soulgain has the new forearm from the Inspectors anime which he uses for the Genbu Kongou Dan attack.
steeltamashii

Just in case anyone is interested in pre-ordering the game from Japan:

PlayAsia ordering page for 2nd Super Robot Wars OG

Looks like it'll be out in December?
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
angelwingzero

Kuruni wrote:That black Hucky is call "Evil", it's just a codename though.

Famitsu link

Fun fact, checking image source code for Jakubuoh and Bujakuoh reveal that they're "copies".

(I think Shine "grown" a little bigger :mrgreen: )
I think the "Codename Evil" mech is a modified Raftclans from SRW J. Just speculation, but they look very similar in the body.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Katan

is there any chance we get this time a us or a europe release? i know there are License Problems with the SRW Games especialy with other mecha shows but the OG universe should not have these problems

and this unit which look like a combination between Weißritter & Alteisen do we know already a name and the one who pilot it?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Yeah, OG is the exception to the rule of SRWs and licensing problems. OG 1 and 2 on the Gameboy Advance were already released in the states waaaaaaay back. But we havenm't heard anything about OGs, OG Gaiden, or 2nd OG getting a stateside release. Unfortunately there's not really a big demand for mecha anime in the US anymore. (and stateside anime in general is on something of a decline as well)