Star Trek Undiscovered Country

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
NastyNate

Star Trek Undiscovered Country

How is worf in this movie? Isn't he from years in the future in next generation?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Newtype87

Re: Star Trek Undiscovered Country

The character in question is actually an ancestor of Worf's, like his grandfather or something. And as demonstrated by his attempt to save Kirk and McCoy, getting their butts kicked apparently runs in their family.

Edit: Found it.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
kayone73

Yeah, he plays 'Col Worf' or something. Just to drive the point to the audience, his makeup forehead ridges are totally different from TNG Worf.
Apsalas

Between the fourth and fifth seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Dorn played Colonel Worf in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Although the relationship was not stated on screen, the filmmakers' intention was that the Star Trek VI character was the grandfather of the Next Generation character.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Michael_Dorn

For details on Colonel Worf:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Worf_(Colonel)

Hope that clears it all up.

& please note....I am not a Trekkie.
“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
NastyNate

Quick Star Trek question. How is Spock alive in the Unification episode of Star Trek Next Generation? Should not he have died of old age like the rest of the original crew?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Wingnut

NastyNate wrote:Quick Star Trek question. How is Spock alive in the Unification episode of Star Trek Next Generation? Should not he have died of old age like the rest of the original crew?
If he were human, yeah. But Vulcans have easily twice the lifespan that we do.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
kayone73

NastyNate wrote:Quick Star Trek question. How is Spock alive in the Unification episode of Star Trek Next Generation? Should not he have died of old age like the rest of the original crew?
You already forgot Sarek...who is older than Spock, appeared twice in TNG as a guest star?
NastyNate

How is star fleets relationship with the clingons after the events of Next Generation that we know of?

kayone73

NastyNate wrote:How is star fleets relationship with the clingons after the events of Next Generation that we know of?
That's a key running storyline in Deep Space Nine

seasons 1-3 - still allies with the Federation
season 4 - Tensions surrounding the alpha quadrant races (federation, klingons, romulans, etc) with the Dominion leads to a falling out between the Federation and Klingons, and then all out war (Worf gets introduced to the cast of Deep Space Nine because of this plotline)
season 5 - A truce/cease fire is called between the Federation and Klingons
season 6-7 - Klingons and Federations are allies again as they fight together (along with the Romulans) against the Dominion and their new allies The Cardassians)
NastyNate

Anyone else think it is silly how in next generation the phasors are mini vacumecleaners rather than their former gun look?

NastyNate

So I just started watching the original series. What is up with the change in crew from episode 1 to 2? Pike is the captain in episode 1 then instantly 2 kirk is and some of the crew has changed. Do they fill the gaps later?

Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 1 was the pilot. They changed uniforms, adjusted the cast, and did some other stuff.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!