Evangelion 3.0 New Trailer!!!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Evangelion 3.0 New Trailer!!!

After Evangelion 2.0 You Can (not) Advance was played on Nihon TV (which I assume is in Japan) a new trailer for Evangelion 3.0 was shown. During that time, Evangelion 3.0 Quickening (that seems to be the official name for now) was announced to premier in Autumn 2012.

That means that this (very short) trailer will have to hold you Eva fans for an entire year. Hell I will be back from Italy and London by then...but we Eva fans know how to wait :), so here is the trailer in all it short goodness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgSoYTA ... re=related

Did I say trailer? I mean 19 seconds of pure orgasmic fun. An Eva in space? That is something we have never seen before!

So we are finally getting into the area of the Eva rebuild that is going to be almost completely new. Sure there might be a little reference of the previous stuff here or there...but I am looking forward to Evangelion 3.0 and hopefully it will be able to stand on its own. The last two Evangelion movies (as much as I love them) had the backdrop of the TV show episode nostalgic/awesomeness to hold them up, but this entree will have a minimum TV show reference...so we will see how it does.

However I am not too worried...Asuka with an eye-patch? Evas in space? And what is that thing on Eva Unit 2's back? This is going to be Legen...wait for it (unless you are lactose intolerant) -dary

On a side note: poor Unit 2, it looks still beat up from the fight with Zeruel. Look at its face in the trailer and you will see what I mean.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Re: Evangelion 3.0 New Trailer!!!

Did I just see an Eva in space? :shock:

And I still think the eypatch clashes with Asuka's look far more than it fits..........
Mu La Flaga

Cool, be interested to see this when it makes it's way over here eventually.
DuelGundam2099

*crosses fingers for Arael returning*

I also suppose this is picture is to be posted due to how fitting it is:
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6008/roe.png
Arsarcana

Well, if an Eva can operate in space now (presumably that's what the thing on 02's back is for) then a fight against Arael would go completely differently. Seeing Asuka tear it a new one in defiance of the original plot would be a glorious thing indeed.
DuelGundam2099 wrote:I also suppose this is picture is to be posted due to how fitting it is:
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6008/roe.png
If you accept that Rebuild takes place after EoE, wouldn't all the Evangelions have been rebuilt, except for 01? And if so, poor 04 just can't catch a break outside of video games...
DuelGundam2099

If you accept that Rebuild takes place after EoE, wouldn't all the Evangelions have been rebuilt, except for 01?
Which is a theory I agree with for the time being, technically this also applies to angels too. Poor Sachiel didn't get a redesign outside of darker looking bones and being a tad tougher than in the series.
poor 04 just can't catch a break outside of video games...
He's like Baragon.
Arsarcana

Well, 1.0 was pretty much easing us into the idea of Rebuild so maybe they wanted to start gradually. Y'know, first little things like the halo when Sachiel starts to hover, then change it up a little bit with Shamshel, then bring out the big guns for Ramiel. Same with the plot changes, which were relatively minor until Lilith and the big surprise in the last thirty seconds.
LightningCount

Yeah, I saw this the other day and wasn't sure if it was a new trailer, or just something I had missed. It gave me the impression that it still needed one more level of polish or rendering for the movie proper. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about the Rebuild series. I love the spectacle and artistic care that are in these--they're beautiful and a lot of fun. However, while the first one was pretty much flawless (even if familiar), the second one felt like it crammed too much in too short a time, and I felt some of the plot changes weren't so much "better" as they were "different." (I seriously missed Toji being a pilot and the movie's opportunity to build on that concept). The climax of Rebuild 2 came too soon and too sudden, even for a series of movies by my estimation. The use and timing of the angels wasn't quite as effective as in 1.0, either.

However, given two remaining films (I think) to expand and improve upon the last arc/EoE, I am very curious to see how this goes. The EVA-in-space idea is interesting, though the Asuka eyepatch and rifle strikes me as a direct reference to Lockon Stratos, which bugs me. Also, while Rebuild being a post-EoE series sort of makes sense, that's also a little irksome, as it steps on the toes of [the under-appreciated] anime The BIG-O and what it was doing before it got canned. In many ways, I liked the idea of Rebuild being a honed, more thrilling, and more emotionally balanced retelling and expansion of the series. The somewhat rushed direction things went in Rebuild 2, while still pretty amazing, was a little bit of a downer for someone like me, who isn't a hardcore EVA fan, but respects and enjoys aspects of it, and hoped for a different vision. The Rebuild series is still one of the tip-top anime productions going on now, though.

PS: Soma, eons ago myself and others here gave you a boatload of anime suggestions when you asked. Did you check any of them out yet? :P
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Phoenix012

I honestly don't find the evidence for Rebuild being a sequel rather than a remake at all convincing. I don't think about it when watching either movie (it honestly wouldn't have really occurred to me if people hadn't been freaking out about it when the 1.0 came out. If it turns out to be true, it'll be lame, but I'll live with it. The lead up to if/when that revelation happens just hasn't been handled very well so far.

I am also somewhat bothered by how compressed everything is in 2.0. The pacing in the first movie felt pretty natural, however the rush to cram as much as possible in the second movie is felt a little too strongly. I'm hoping the remaining movie(s) take(s) time to continue to develop characters and plot rather than just jumping right into an EoE remake/reimagining. What we've seen so far in trailers is promising at least.

That said, I very much enjoyed 2.0 and look forward to 3.0. While there probably won't be more than a handful of angel encounters, but it'll be interesting to see which ones make an appearance.
Arsarcana

Phoenix012 wrote:I honestly don't find the evidence for Rebuild being a sequel rather than a remake at all convincing.
One word: Kaworu. If this is just a remake and we're to believe that this has never happened before and won't happen again, why is it that every single time he opens his mouth in both movies, he says something about how 'this time' will be different*? I'll admit that until the last thirty seconds of 1.0 the thought never crossed my mind but after that... well, when you go back and look at things there's a lot of little details that add up. Sure, there's tons of unanswered questions but that's what the next two movies are for.

I do agree that the second movie felt more crammed after the leisurely pace of the first one but I think they had to do that to get us to where they needed the story to be in order to set up the big divergence at the end (plus, Zeruel makes a great point to end on even if it was a straight retelling). That leaves more time to do unexpected things in 3.0.

For the next movie, I imagine they'll do like 2.0 did and throw out at least one we've never seen before (names for the new Third and Seventh would be nice too...) and Arael is a good bet for a returning face. Well, if it had a face.

* And no, 'he read the script' is not an acceptable answer. :P
Phoenix012

Arsarcana wrote: One word: Kaworu. If this is just a remake and we're to believe that this has never happened before and won't happen again, why is it that every single time he opens his mouth in both movies, he says something about how 'this time' will be different*? I'll admit that until the last thirty seconds of 1.0 the thought never crossed my mind but after that... well, when you go back and look at things there's a lot of little details that add up. Sure, there's tons of unanswered questions but that's what the next two movies are for.

* And no, 'he read the script' is not an acceptable answer. :P
Everything about Kaworu is so cryptic that using him as the cornerstone of your argument seems kinda weak to me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's impossible, as there certainly are some indications. I just don't understand why people talk about it like it's a fact. Frankly it seems to me that Anno is just trying to screw with all the people he surely knows are overanalyzing each and every last little detail :lol:
flamingtroll

It seems like the thing at the back are two "shuttle shields" joined at the ends, probably for rentry after sniping down Arael or whatever that beam shooting angel was called.
Mu La Flaga

I think I should say something on the sequel/remake thing.

I think it's more a remake in a new reality but Kaworu somehow has knowledge of past events, everyone else is totally different and all that stuff.

So I say it's more in that line, kind of like how Star Trek reboot did lots of things differently, but you had Spock the original in there.

Since I see them maybe keeping this open if it could lead in to other stuff.
But I think that is just a rumor.
Raiden

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... en-in-2013

Seems like they are announcing the final movie is to be coming out in 2013. And the English title of Evangelion 3.0 will be You Can (Not) Redo.
Soma Taozi

That name for 3.0...it is just...PUNTASTIC! (word now!).

I guess we can call the rebuild films...the REDO films.

Or...or...one could lament, that you are unable to ADVANCE, because you are stuck in REDO, but hey, at least you are (not) ALONE.

Eh? EH!!!!??

Any while I am at it, what is 3/4's of a pun? PU!

American's don't want the dollar bill to become a coin because they are afraid of change.

I try not to step on grapes because all they do is WHINE.

Oh god I am sorry...I will stop now. Apologizes to everyone. I just am feeling a little ill...I think I have a colt, because I am feeling a little horse. I need some cough stir-up.

And I am done...

OR AM I!!!!

https://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1hnkGf/w ... at-coming/

Now I am done. *Munches on chocolate bar.*

Sorry when i am excited about things I do one of two things, I either gush...or I pun my face off. The latter obviously happened here.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Mu La Flaga

Release date October 23rd.
http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com.au/2012/0 ... -date.html

Just to update that.
JoeD80

Pretty sure that release date was just made up. The official site hasn't announced a firm date yet. Despite that video claiming official, it isn't. It's just the preview from the end of the 2.0 movie combined with the TV version.
Mu La Flaga

That would be annoying if that is the case.
Like it seemed like a proper trailer.
JoeD80

Well the guess wasn't too far off. Opening date is November 17th.
Soma Taozi

Ummm....not really a new trailer or anything that special so don't get all that excited to see new stuff.

BUT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLbvTppn8Q

So...'instrument'allity?

And I like the song at least. But seriously, it isn't anything.

It did made me watch all the trailers again. And I do like how Anno is keeping the plot and whatever the fuck is happening in 3.0 a secret. So I guess...excited! If a bit confused.

-Me, 7/19/2020