The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Overlord Zaru

Re: Eureka Seven Ao

Infinite Stratos 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Seriously, the "all female pilots LFO" and Ao being the only male REEKS of IS, and kinda convenient too...

Infinite Stratos LN cancelled due to douchebaggery of author(and pressure of his own success).

Then Eureka 7 sequel has the SAME EXACT CONCEPT.

COINCIDENCE?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Sume Gai

I promise you the all female X with the male Hero exception has been done many a time before infinite Stratos. It's a Cliche generally used to create a Harem environment with zero effort.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Toxicity

Where did you hear that only females would be able to pilot LFOs in the new E7 show? I've heard the rumor plenty of times before, and I don't recall anyone ever providing a legitimate source for the information.
Gatx

So no one found it interesting that in all the promo material Ao's hair is Eureka green, but in the PV for the anime it was brown?
Toxicity

I heard that the reason for that was so the main character could blend in more easily. Having blue hair kinda makes you stand out.
Mu La Flaga

Oh come on did they change it?
If it's Eureka's and Renton's kid, why change the hair colour from what it was originally shown to be?
DuelGundam2099

If it's Eureka's and Renton's kid
You seriously have no idea what disgusting images I thought of when you said that. *shrivels*

And what is an Infinite Stratos? Is it that power suit anime that aired last year that supposedly /m/ hated or something?
pd771

Gatx wrote:So no one found it interesting that in all the promo material Ao's hair is Eureka green, but in the PV for the anime it was brown?
It could always be brown in the first episode and then turn green... I'm guessing it's not a change for the entire series as the official website still has a green haired Ao.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Toxicity

From what I've heard the hair changing color is part of the story. Ao changes it himself.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Naru Arata

has

A HUGE forehead, I hope this ends up being good because the new Last Exile series sucks
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
DuelGundam2099

So.... When does this series premier?
Chris
Administrator

DuelGundam2099 wrote:So.... When does this series premier?
April 12, which you could've found with five seconds of searching Google to get to ANN or Wikipedia.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
VentZX

So the first episode has aired, and I'm super happy to have Eureka Seven back in my life. It's hard to say exactly how the series is connected to the original series (or even the movie) but I suppose that will be answered as the series progresses. In any case, if all you care about is the mecha, episode 1 was devoid of any, but the new Nirvash in the preview looks hot as hell. I'm looking forward to more.
DAG101

VentZX wrote:So the first episode has aired, and I'm super happy to have Eureka Seven back in my life. It's hard to say exactly how the series is connected to the original series (or even the movie) but I suppose that will be answered as the series progresses. In any case, if all you care about is the mecha, episode 1 was devoid of any, but the new Nirvash in the preview looks hot as hell. I'm looking forward to more.
IMO, if the mecha is all you care about, Eureka Seven isn't the show for you--the LFOs, while awesome-looking, were never the focus of the show.

I'm looking forward to the series myself, although I hope it doesn't have the issues of the original (it's probably the worst show I consider to be good; the good bits were AMAZING, but it had too many bad moments holding the whole thing down)
DuelGundam2099

Well, that was a pretty typical beginning episode (but what anime isn't like that?).

Anyone else think that the ending theme was like that one song from No More Heroes 2 where Travis fights Margarette?
Toxicity

I just watched the first episode, and I agree that the writers certainly didn't take very many creative liberties when beginning this mecha anime. I've got plenty of questions just like everybody else, so I'll just have to wait and see.
Mu La Flaga

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
If it's Eureka's and Renton's kid
You seriously have no idea what disgusting images I thought of when you said that. *shrivels*
Considering they were both on the moon or whatever and had that love heart engraved in to the moon.
What did you think they would do, sit there and just hold hands?
DuelGundam2099

Considering they were both on the moon or whatever and had that love heart engraved in to the moon.
You have to wonder how they survived in the vacuum of space.
What did you think they would do, sit there and just hold hands?
To be fair that is all they were doing for most of the series (and they are not teens if I remember correctly). :P

Although in all seriousness Eureka isn't exactly human and in episode 48 or 49 they did show her coralian form; which for some reason makes me wonder how a coralian could give birth to half-human offspring. :shock: And then there is the conception....... And this is where I want to stop putting thought into this, be back when episode 2 airs.
Toxicity

I'm pretty sure at some point during the show Mischa or somebody else said that there was no reason that Eureka couldn't have kids. And IIRC, the thing on the moon was a result of the massive explosion or whatever from the last episode of the first show.
DAG101

Currently watching the first ep...does anyone know if this follows the show, the movie, or neither?

The opening said 'April 2025' making it seems closer to modern day than the show OR movie, but...idk...there's a shot of a vehicle on Trapar Waves near the beginning

EDIT: THere's also an ocean, which the original series DIDN'T have...

EDIT2: Okay, it's got real-world map and country names...and it's looking like the scub is just starting to show up (as opposed to in the show, when it was the world, and the movie, when it was starting to cover the world) Personally, I'm thinking that maybe this'll be a prequel? Would be an interesting twist, considering how people remarked upon the main character looking a lot like Eureka...maybe it's the other way around, he'll get absorbed by the scub, and a few thousand years later, the scub makes Eureka based off his appearence?

Either that, or it'll be a trippy mindscrew lovestory that doesn't seem to be aware of any other installments in the franchise :lol:

EDIT3: Apparently the writers confirmed that Ao's parents are Eureka and Renton...Okay, I'll just stop thinking about it and just watch the show, rather than explode my brain trying to figure it out :lol: