Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Maelstromm wrote:Yes, I suppose that more parts do mean a higher chance of losing bits, but can the same not be said for having more accessories for any kit? Simply keeping the parts in the original box could solve this problem.

I do admit that having more parts is somewhat of a backwards step, but if it means that I can have more dedicated hands for various poses, I'm all for it. Besides, having a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none hand doesn't seem like such a good deal as having hands for anything from a fist to splayed fingers for a pose.
there's only so many bits boxes one can have before it starts to get rediculous

thats just the thing, like i mentioned before having a perfect grade style hand (as in individual fingers with multiple segments which in turn allows for the same level of posability as swappapble hands/fingers if not more) is now feasible at 1/100 scale, so the need for having swappable fingers or hands is rather redundant
Flag Fighter for life!
Raiden

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xjAHjDykq1s/T ... 640/23.jpg

Theres also a Nemo UC ver. MG. Sadly its a Premium limited edition from their website but i actually might consider this one. Especially if that GM Custom gun has been updated since the Nemo has 2.0 hands.

Interesting choices for the new releases. HALLELUJAH for M1 Astray finally receiving the HG it missed out on 10 years ago. Marasai MG should be interesting and Blitz too. I wonder what happened to the MG Gafran but eh im fine if it doesn't show up till later down the road.
saneman

I'm really ambivalent about the MG Marasai. Some of you will remember that the prototype Marasai was presented with the prototype MG O around 2005. And when O was released in 2010, there was little improvement from the 2005 prototype.

I noticed that none of the pictures for the current show the model kneeling. This might mean that the flexibility of this model might be around MG Hijack area or less.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
Heecarl_Reez

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/625386/index

Seems like Marasai will be better than it's 2005 prototype(hopefully). Product description mentioned that Marasai will be using MG Zaku ver 2.0 frame(modified). The head has a slot for LED unit -LED is sold separately though. And it also comes with secret parts.

New to the list is HG Age-3 which would be released on May-Price TBA
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

The secret part has something to do with "display purpose....expansion system?" My guess is either a part that allows it to be something battle pose or an attachment for the Ballute System that came with the non-plated MG Hyaku Shiki
Heecarl_Reez

Not kit related, but if you're into action figure, robot damashii especially, and fans of Wing Zero (Okawara), then this will be an excellent news to you:

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/625693/index
RD Wing Zero (TV Version), Transformable to Neo Bird Mode. June- price TBA

EDIT: Link are now directed into the said article, sorry!
Last edited by Heecarl_Reez on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calubin_175

Sadly, no Faydeen rifle for the MG Marasai even though the Titans version had one in the Zeta movies. They're just going to force people to buy the HGUC version or wait for an Online Shop limited Unicorn version in the future.
AceWhatever

FINALLY Wing Zero TV. Part swapping for the transformation means the legs will no longer suffer from poor stability. Shame that it's probably too small to have the beam saber storage compartment open on the shoulders. Also is it just me or is the figure missing the cannons on the wing binders?

Also, price is 4200 yen.
Arsarcana

The cannons that we never see, aren't even certain where they're located and might as well not exist?

Anyhow, more love for TV Wing Zero is nice. Now we just need an MG to make me one of the happiest gunpla builders on the planet...
AceWhatever

Speak for yourself, bub 8) . I can see them just fine on my MSIA, 1/100 and 1/60 versions. Only the 1/144 versions seems to be missing them. The RD seems to have redesigned the cannons into those weird white hinge pieces.
Heecarl_Reez

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/630926/index

This month hobby magazine scan :

- Some prototype pics of MG Blitz and MG Marasai
- HGUC Rezel Defenser b Unit June 2600 yen
- that's it... :(

Extra, from Tokyo International anime fair
http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/630953/index
SNT1

Where the heck is my Full Armor ZZ HGUC? Is that series really that unpopular?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
quasadra

sold on Defenser B. cant help it, i luv the rezel and all its variant.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Kratos

Some big images of the MG Blitz. I'm really digging the look of this kit.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
wilcosu35

so, bandai is finally mg-ing the other gat-x machines. i sincerely hope this means they'll get around to the Justice
mOONwOKA

Heecarl_Reez wrote: <...>
June HG 1/144 M1 Astray 1,400Yen
<...>
Preorder page at HLJ shows it wielding two oversized butterknives. Is it some new contraption from Remastered series?
Still, i am going to get this one. M1 Astray is one of the few down-to-earth designs in this otherwise super-robot show. I was even prepared to get no-grade kit.
Now, with some luck this might mean that DiNN will be getting HG treatment too.
The day is gray, the night is black and white.
Raiden

The swords the M1 Astray HG comes with are the anti ship swords the IWSP Striker pack has (recycled from the Strike Rouge IWSP HG no doubt). I doubt it'll be in the Remaster but who knows.

It looks like a really good HG judging by the prototype.
Gone Astray

Raiden wrote:The swords the M1 Astray HG comes with are the anti ship swords the IWSP Striker pack has (recycled from the Strike Rouge IWSP HG no doubt).
Those are a new mold entirely. If they were from the HG IWSP, they wouldn't be in resin.

Admittedly, I think it's kind of weird that they're slapping anti-ship swords on the M1, but eh, they look alright. There may yet be hope of a Dagger and a GuAIZ, and maybe a revived SEED-MSV, considering we've got the LaGOWE and M1 at long last.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Jak Crow

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=54954

And I just picked up the current kit without all the extras. Grrr...

Still. Great kit.
Shinji_Shinigami

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gunpla_Love

will those actually ever get their own models, or would one have to rebuild them for their own?

Some models really are awesome....