Bleach is offically ending!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Bleach is offically ending!

Perhaps they will do something like Inuyasha's Final arc. If Bleach's ratings were low I imagine they've been low for awhile. If so, then why did they keep going with the Regai and Full Bring arcs? Why not end it at Aizen's defeat?

So I do think the final arc will get animated at some point. I guess they just decided it wasn't worth x number of years of filler.

Anyways, as a fan from day 1 (of the anime) I am happy that I at least get to see the ending. I feel sorry for One Piece and Berserk fans who'll probably die before that happens.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Hahaha, well I have a feeling that in a few more years One Piece will be reaching its end...no fact on my part...just a feeling. Of course, people have had this feeling for over 5 years...so what the hell do I know? ;)

Anyway, actually the whole Bleach anime ending is actually nothing...

According to the Bleach wiki, the Wikipedia page of Bleach episodes, and many other sources that are kind of credible...it sounds like people over-reacted to the Bleach announcement.

The Bleach anime is moving to a new timeslot after 27th March - starting half an hour later than at present and changing channels, but it is not ending.

So yeah...at this point it seems like we are going to be getting filler. Lots and lots and lots and LOTS of filler.

My prediction is 50 plus episodes. Actually I am kind of hoping that Bleach has a lot of filler at this point. That way the Final Arc can go without being randomly interrupted like the Arrancar arc. Seriously, now would be a perfect time to throw in filler. Since there is a time skip between The Fullbring and 1000 Year War Arc.

Oh and apparently this is happening:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... leach-film

But before anyone freaks out...keep in mind that they are in talks. Nothing has been confirmed. Nothing has been made. This could be like the so called Death Note hollywood movie that was never made. Warner Brothers is just getting rights to the manga. That way, if they need it. They can make a movie if they want.

I am hoping that they won't. Look at Dragon Ball Evolution...or don't...actually stay far away from that.

In my opinion that is REALLY biased, the problem with these studios making these animes is very simple. They didn't grow up with these shows. I personally think that if a fan of the show is invovled in the creative process of a possible movie...they would do things right instead of fucking things over. These studio folks want to make money...I get it...so they are making films that people recgonize. BUT, they wouldn't have the same reverence as someone who grew up with the show and is nostalgic towards it. Instead, I fear Warner Brothers will glance over the soucre materal, not care, and instead focus on throwing as much crap into the movie as possilble.

Oh wait, an old fan making a movie of something they used to love? hahaha, I forgot the world doesn't work this way. Ah well...it may be good.

Oh and the last arc of bleach is actually pretty good. It is on track...and exciting. So far...so good Kubo. :)
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Destiny_Gundam

I actually like filler episodes. They let me hang out with the characters I love in completely new situations.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Except when it's stuff like Bleach Does Aladdin or Bleach Makes A Kurosawa Film. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Katan

damn bleach was my favorite "never ending" show
I really like Ichigo and his friends
the fullbring arc was/is far better then the filler arc before and I enjoyed ichigo getting back his powers
Soma Taozi

Meh! I guess I was wrong, Bleach the anime did end...talk about misinformation from VARIOUS different sources. Well, it was one hell of a final episode, I recommend that if you have any interest in Bleach you should watch this last episode of the anime. It was VERY good...and at the end Ichigo does say, "Until we meet again." My hope is that they will do a synchronized ending like they did for FMA when Kubo finally gets close to the end of his story.

My only fear is that the Bleach anime will end up like the D.Gray Man anime, just suddenly end with a little to no chance of it continuing. But considering D.Gray Man isn't as popular as Bleach is, the fact that Bleach still sells fairly well...I think there is a higher chance of it coming back then it never continuing.

On that note, the manga right now is amazing. The 1000 Year Bloodwar has been great so far...and the last chapter 485 Foundation Stones was freaking amazing...
Spoiler
especially with Sasakiba's Death and the reintroduction of characters like Nel and Hollibell
Hoping for more!
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

Since I know next to nothing about the production and all that goes into creating an anime, this is probably a rather ignorant suggestion on my part. But; if bleach is going off air to give the final arc time to finish, and Ichigo said until we meet again, then maybe the plan is to make episodes that are of a higher quality of animation. Now that would be sweet.

Of course, I personally have never seen nor heard of any such instance in which this happened before in any other anime, so I doubt it would ever come to be, or if it is even practical. It sounds great to a fan sitting around doing nothing, versus a studio and its producers who are trying to make a sound profit.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Destiny_Gundam

It happened with Inuyasha.
Amion

Then there is hope :D

If they do end up animating the holy war, then where they ended the series was for the best. If they finished it all with Rukia fading before Ichigo, a lot of people would have assumed it was over for good and would not pay attention to a continuation (maybe). The place where they stop now ends well, but also hints at more to come.
Doctord

Just watched the last one a few minutes ago. I haven't felt that depressed on a happy ending since Inuyasha. But it does hint for more.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
Destiny_Gundam

Geeze, Kubo. I know this is the last arc and all but do you really need to go around maiming and killing the cast?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Geeze, Kubo. I know this is the last arc and all but do you really need to go around maiming and killing the cast?
Maybe he's pissed that they're pretty much forcing him to shut down his work?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Soma Taozi

I see it more as a, "hey TV Tokyo, look at what I AM DOING NOW, bet you wish you didn't cancel my anime now!" In other words it is Kubo giving a middle finger to all those people who turned against him and are ending his manga/anime.

Which has made Kubo either bring out his big guns. :) I am down for this, because this arc has been AWESOME! Then again, I find it very unlikely that Kubo planned out this entire arc after his anime was cancelled. Maybe the ending will be effected, but I somehow think that while Kubo was writing the Fullbring arc he was outlining and planning this one. Given the negativity the Fullbring arc was receiving as it was being released...maybe this is why the 1000 year Blood War is so dark...and as you said Strike Zero, bloody.
Spoiler
By the way, anyone else think that Kira is dead? Because it looks like none of the medical personal went to help him...and from the way he was wounded...

-Me, 7/19/2020
Destiny_Gundam

I hope not. Like I've said before, I've stuck around this long because I love the characters. I don't want any of them getting killed off.
Mythgarr

Time to buy another external HD, I guess...
Visit The Dreams
JulieYBM

Guys, Kubo has been saying for years that while this would be the last arc it wasn't going to be short. Nobody is canning the series, Kubo's intentionally begun to set it up to wrap...in ten years, if he continues to get his way.
She/Her
Destiny_Gundam

I dunno, things in this arc seem to be happening pretty damn fast.
Soma Taozi

I do agree that things are happening very fast, but keep in mind that lost of things still need to happen in this arc. This is simply the first battle and who knows how the rest of the battles will go and how long they will be. I mean if Kubo is wrapping things up in bleach, it is going to take him a while...not 10 years, but I image around 3-5...because that was the same length as the arrancar arc. Of course, this is just my speculation.

-Me, 7/19/2020
Amion

I've enjoyed the holy war so far. Still, I want to see the bankai of the remaining captains who have yet to demonstrate theirs.
Spoiler
And of course the enemy likes to steal them!
Makes my blood boil...But hey, at least the enemy isn't getting beaten like the oh so deadly Espada were.
Soma Taozi

Some very good news for Bleach rankings: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -june-4-10

Volume sales are high. :)

EDIT: Some more info, this is the highest Bleach manga sales have been for over 2 YEARS. Go Kubo for giving us such a killer arc.

-Me, 7/19/2020