Super Robot Wars Z 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Super Robot Wars Z 2

New rumors on gameplay mechanics:
Spoiler
Emblem system: receive good option parts and cash after completing unknown conditions
Singing system: only for Basara
Zero system: only for Wing Zero and Epyon
V-con system: only for Tetsujin

Emblem: Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold
Receive emblem under specific conditions (example: take down 20 enemies by the ace pilot)
Gain parts which will not be available normally
Game will not give hint to players on what conditions to be completed to gain emblem

Emblem system
Fulfilling certain conditions will give you an emblem, Booster parts and cash.
There are 5 types of Emblems. Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum.
Having 20 ace pilots (shooting down 70 enemies) in your team will give you iron emblem.
Booster parts will not be able to obtain normally. Iron Emblem gives 2x experience points. Can be used with Gain ability.
No hint for conditions on how to get emblemsSong system

Only available for Basara
Can do many things to both player and enemy units
"Song Spirit" can boost combat stat against dimension beasts
"Song energy" can increase Will, but will drain energy
Using Song system against Vajra will decrease their Will. Vajra will retreat when their Will is under 120. Vajra retreat will be treated as shot down. Basara will gain experience points, cash, and 2xPP.
Song system can do damage to dimension beasts
Planet Dance: heal, Totsugeki Love Heart: Will Boost, Try Again: Stat boost (no Holy Lonely Night? aw)

Zero System
Installed on Wing Zero (and Epyon)
Boost pilot stat when Will is over 130

V-con system
Available only for Tetsujin 28
Block special effects like "Ability Halved", "Action Stop", "Will Down", "SP Down" (so blocking causes damage to enemies?)
Block "Continuous target bonus" (?)
Block "Placement" (?)

Confirmation on Basara's part sort of: http://i40.tinypic.com/j0upaw.jpg
Take with some salt, but not so much that you kill the poor slugs with. :P
Mu La Flaga

Read about those on gamefaqs interesting additions to the game if they are true.
Mu La Flaga

Some new scans on gamefaqs came up earlier.
http://i.imgur.com/IX9Sz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wUS5t.jpg
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuelGundam2099

So I guess that made the rumors correct?

Relevant and awesome.
Mu La Flaga

So by seems of things and rumblings on gamefaqs.
http://www.famitsu.com/sp/120223_srw_z2/
Notice in this Dimmensional Monster is apparently different and the rumor is or seems to be by people who can read the Japanese text.
This one is a controlled DM.

Also the scans contain some slight new images or pictures of stuff we can expect.

So I wonder who or what may have the balls to be able to do that?
Probably the real Banpresto original enemies behind the problems in the 1st part.

Or perhaps 1-2 factions might do it, eg the Anti-Spirals for instance.
DuelGundam2099

Probably the real Banpresto original enemies behind the problems in the 1st part.
I'm guessing that would be Gaioh's son since the last part of the Regeneration Chapter preview in Destruction Chapter had two unknowns talking about reconstructing a world and I think one was referred to as a prince if I'm not mistaken.
Or perhaps 1-2 factions might do it, eg the Anti-Spirals for instance.
Anti-Spirals? Possible, but not likely since Anti-Spirals aren't interdimensional travelers; Wiseman would make more sense since he is very technological and whatnot.

Anyone else noticed Nirvash's de-evolution in one of those pictures?
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

By the way, did SRW Z2 part 1 have that thing like in SRW A Portable, where if you did a soft reset it wouldn't change the results of a combat exchange? (i.e. if you attacked an enemy and had 93% accuracy and still missed, it wouldn't "redo" the chance after you soft reset like in the platform SRW games)

I found that so annoying in SRW A Portable. (my first handheld SRW) Because in every SRW, the game programming has an ugly habit of making your high chances miss and the enemies' low chances hit. I'm constantly having to soft reset in every SRW I play because enemies with ~10-20% hit rates keep landing hits on my machines, or my ~85% hit rates miss with maddening consistency. And with the reduction in total SP, and the removal of SP Regen and Concentration as purchaseable pilot support skills, it makes it even worse because I can't just use a Seishin every turn to bypass this. :evil:

It was especially frustrating to see so many of my attacks whiff in SRW A Portable since the combat exchanges aren't "redone" when you soft reset. (made even worse by the pitiful amount of SP you have, extremely limiting your Seishin usage) I haven't gotten Z2 part 1 yet, and I'm hoping they did away with that whole no-combat-redoing-on-soft-reset thing.
yazi88

No, the random number generator is still in every srw game nowadays. SRW A and Portable however did not have it. So soft reset to your hearts consent.
Mu La Flaga

Shinji103 wrote:By the way, did SRW Z2 part 1 have that thing like in SRW A Portable, where if you did a soft reset it wouldn't change the results of a combat exchange? (i.e. if you attacked an enemy and had 93% accuracy and still missed, it wouldn't "redo" the chance after you soft reset like in the platform SRW games)

I found that so annoying in SRW A Portable. (my first handheld SRW) Because in every SRW, the game programming has an ugly habit of making your high chances miss and the enemies' low chances hit. I'm constantly having to soft reset in every SRW I play because enemies with ~10-20% hit rates keep landing hits on my machines, or my ~85% hit rates miss with maddening consistency. And with the reduction in total SP, and the removal of SP Regen and Concentration as purchaseable pilot support skills, it makes it even worse because I can't just use a Seishin every turn to bypass this. :evil:

It was especially frustrating to see so many of my attacks whiff in SRW A Portable since the combat exchanges aren't "redone" when you soft reset. (made even worse by the pitiful amount of SP you have, extremely limiting your Seishin usage) I haven't gotten Z2 part 1 yet, and I'm hoping they did away with that whole no-combat-redoing-on-soft-reset thing.
Yeah I've had that and I've noticed the computer get away with ridiculous stuff sometimes.

Like times where I should hit, I miss and it hits me on low damn accuracy.
I hate that aspect of things.

So soft ressets help, but they don't fix it, just got to hope the numbers go your way that time :P
DuelGundam2099

Well, this seems like a good time as any; if SRW Z3 will be made after Sasei-Hen what will you guys think it will be like? All in single one story line? A story with a time skip or two yet still in one game? Three different games with each being in a specific era? What anime do you think will be in? Etc.
Spoiler
Also New Getter Robo, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Heroic Age, Wings of Rean, Mazinkaiser SKL, VOTOMS Shining Hersey/Alone Again/Case; Irvine/Finder, Merowlink, Unicorn Gundam, F91 Gundam, GaoGaiGar FINAL, Dendoh, Mospeada, RahXephon, Madox 01, Ideon, Nadesico: Prince of Darkness, Gundam 00: A Wakening of The Trailblazer, Rebuild of Evangelion, Argento Soma, and SPT Lazyner for Z3. :P I know, too big, but one can imagine, right?
Mu La Flaga

Some would be obvious like Gundam Wing EW and Gundam 00 A Wakening of the Trailblazer.
I kind of hope if some series got in some of the older series bow out also to make room perhaps.
Shinji103

yazi88 wrote:No, the random number generator is still in every srw game nowadays. SRW A and Portable however did not have it. So soft reset to your hearts consent.
So if I understand correctly, you're saying SRW Z2 part 1 for the PSP does do the soft reset trick, so that if an enemy hits me hard at 20% accuracy, I can just soft reset until it misses? (I've had to soft reset as many as 3 times before a ~20% accuracy attack missed >.>)

Odd how they put the "soft reset doesn't change combat encounters" thing in SRW A and Portable if it was the only time they were going to do it. Unless players hated it so much that they had to. (but then why put it in SRW A Portable, too)
Katan

Hi guys :)
iam playing Super Robot Wars Z2 Part 1 on my PSP at the moment. Will Crowe get a upgrade for his Brasta? Or will the Brasta updatet in the Second game? I dont realy like that machine in its actual Version. And is there a chance that other originals like Alteisen or weißritter will appear in the Second Part?
DuelGundam2099

Crowe gets an upgrade in the form of an attack and will differ depending on whether or not you chose close or long range combat. Rumor has it that will determine what mech he'll get in part 2 but there is yet to be any evidence suggesting this although Esther gets a similar unit as shown at the end of the recent trailer. As for other originals there is a chance Virgola Glory and Gunleon will be back, but that is only due to being "in-timeline".
Mu La Flaga

As to answer if Alt Eissen and Weissritter would show up chances are most likely not.
Since this universe seems to be out of the mainstream OGs and Alpha verse reality the origjnals are usually found in.
Shinji103

Mu La Flaga wrote:As to answer if Alt Eissen and Weissritter would show up chances are most likely not.
Since this universe seems to be out of the mainstream OGs and Alpha verse reality the origjnals are usually found in.
Where the heck did this theory even come from? How often do the Banpresto Original characters from different SRWs meet outside of the OG games? ^^b
Mu La Flaga

Shinji103 wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:As to answer if Alt Eissen and Weissritter would show up chances are most likely not.
Where the heck did this theory even come from? How often do the Banpresto Original characters from different SRWs meet outside of the OG games? ^^b
Well it just seems a thing, since some characters only get in 1-2 games at most.

For instance Axel was in SRW A, he never got out of that except for the OGs games and then they set up his rivalry with Kyosuke.

Gate of Magus has a good lot of where characters have appeared in for games..

I mean for instance again Bullet, Kusuha, the SRX Team and 1-2 others are from Alpha.
But then again weirdly I think Seolla and Arado debuted in OG 2 before Alpha 2, not quite sure how the release dates went and all that.
DuelGundam2099

Gate of Magus has a good lot of where characters have appeared in for games..
Loads of truth in this, although around the time K came out they just kind of stopped (much like the main site!). Fortunately this site is quite up to date for the many mechs and beasts that appear in the franchise, just don't expect to see pictures.
not quite sure how the release dates went and all that.
Alpha 2 was in March 2003 while OG2 was in February 2005.
Katan

thanks for the informations :)
so no kyosuke nanbu beating crap out of the bad guys in Z2 damn he's my favorite charakter but makes sense I never saw a Original Generation Unit in the Z2 Timeline/Universe
Mark064

Mu La Flaga wrote:I mean for instance again Bullet, Kusuha, the SRX Team and 1-2 others are from Alpha.
While Alpha did introduce a lot the SRX team are not them. They were introduced to us in Shin Super Robot Wars on the Playstation. Though I believe this was just Ryusei, Aya and Rai.

Alpha did include a ton of other characters since it did have 8 playable characters for your main, all with no personality or specialized robots. So Yuki, Carla, Ryoto, Leona, Tasku, Rio were all included. Plus we got the Alpha versions of Irm and Ring who had previously debuted in SRW4 as mains but were upgraded in looks and aged slightly. And then villains and other less important people as well.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.