The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
balofo

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Mecha Thread Mk II

Looks like the brand Gundam UC MSV is official:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2264_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9638_n.jpg

that glorious Doven Wolf

Also it looks like the Ankusha doesn't have any melee weapons, perhaps we can expect an Asshimar punch? :D
Scorpio[pt]

Hope in the Unicorn gets some new type weapons of its own :/

i consider the full armor ridiculous design
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Gelgoog Jager

The Garuda's profile in the official site confirms the ship on episode 5 as the namesake of the class and that it has beend upgraded somehow. It also confirms that there were at least 6 units, each assigned to the protection of an air zone. Finally it also mentions that most of them have been lost in combat by U.C. 0096.

Out of the 6 ships, we know that:
-The Sudori was completely destroyed.
-The Audhumla survived the Dublin colony drop and it should have been just lightly damaged considering that it was able to remain airborne after losing its crew.
-The Melord, which was last seen used by Neo Zeon, could be hidden while still under Zeon control, while the Federation simply claimed that it had been destroyed.
Last edited by Gelgoog Jager on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

In Crossbone there was a Garuda/Medea like ship(transporting Seabook and Tobia to EFF base), sadly we have no further details.
bilbros

It also confirms that there were at least 6 units
According to a caption present on the 20th issue of Gundam Perfect File "it is said that from 4 to 7 units of Garuda class were built". In any case, the color scheme of the one showed by Unicorn official website is similar, but not identical, to that of the Melord, seen in Z (episodes 37-38) and ZZ (episode 35).

Concerning the plane mentioned by balofo for Crossbone Gundam, I should say that it's a completely different type of mecha, albeit its shape and size make me think more to a Medea than to a Garuda...
By the way, a genuine Crossbone-era Garuda is the Geush (original katakana: ガーウィッシュ, from a Persian term meaning ox), seen in the Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Wars 0122 videogame.
But perhaps I'm going off-topic :wink:
Gelgoog Jager

For those who have read the novels, does the Sleeves or other Zeon remnants participate in any other battle on Earth before the story switches back to space?

I'm asking mainly because I'm still hoping that the Bawoo will show up and/or that the Gaza E is shown functioning as a SFS, just like the Ankusha.
balofo

Gelgoog Jager wrote:For those who have read the novels, does the Sleeves or other Zeon remnants participate in any other battle on Earth before the story switches back to space?

I'm asking mainly because I'm still hoping that the Bawoo will show up and/or that the Gaza E is shown functioning as a SFS, just like the Ankusha.
I have some bad news for you...
J-Lead

Gelgoog Jager wrote:For those who have read the novels, does the Sleeves or other Zeon remnants participate in any other battle on Earth before the story switches back to space?

Nah, I think the earth battle in Ep5 just involves Martha's Garuda, Banagher, Banshee, the Earth Federal Forces, and optimistically speaking, that Re-GZ in the Ra Cailum hanger.

That said, the Efreet Schnied was never shown getting destroyed onscreen. Unless it gets a chapter in UC Ace, we might see the aftermath of the Torrington battle.
>Kraken Zulu

Pfthahaha that stupid thing. Thank god it's Bande Desinee only...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Gelgoog Jager

balofo wrote:Krake Zulu from Bande Desinee: Zeong prototype leg booster and 2 Rozen Zulu shields on huge arms

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... 10578.jpg/
When I first saw the image I thought that by Zeong prototype you meant the MSN-01, but I just checked its profile and apparently that unit was the same height of a Zaku, which means that the large legs and arms used by the Kraken Zulu are actually components for a Zeong unit. Maybe in the future we will get to see this "Zeong Prototype" as a MSV unit.

By the way, is the shield used by Angelo's Kraken Zulu and Rozen Zulu also used by any other units?
J-Lead wrote:Nah, I think the earth battle in Ep5 just involves Martha's Garuda, Banagher, Banshee, the Earth Federal Forces, and optimistically speaking, that Re-GZ in the Ra Cailum hanger.

That said, the Efreet Schnied was never shown getting destroyed onscreen. Unless it gets a chapter in UC Ace, we might see the aftermath of the Torrington battle.
Along with the Efreet Schneid, which was just sligthly damaged on the shoulder, there was no confirmation of the destruction of the damaged units: Zogok (lost and arm), a Zaku Mariner (one unit only lost its arms), the Zee Zulus (one lost both arms and the pilot of the other unti seems to have been knocked out by the Byalant's ram), a Marasai (the one that attacked the Byalant was only seen losing its head).

Next, there are units that are not seen damaged at all: the Desert Zaku, a Zaku Cannon (the one that attacks the Byalant doesn't have its cannon, but the one destroyed by the Jestas does), Gouf Heavy Arms Type, the Gallus J and a third Marasai (seen riding a Dodai YS, only briefly seen in the background when the bulk of the Zeon remnants are arriving at Torrington base).

Then there's also the 3 normal Fat Uncles, 3 Base Jabbers and a Dodai YS (the one carrying the third Marasai) which could have either left as soon as they deployed their MS or evacuated the above mentioned surviving MS.

Finally we have Kirk's Fat Uncle, which is damaged, but not confirmed destroyed.

Any of those units could have either been destroyed on screen, retreated or could still appear in the aftermath of the Torrington battle in episode 5, as J-Lead mentioned. Though at least one of these do is destroyed by Ridhe, as indicated by his monitor.
toysdream

It's not "Kraken," folks. Could be "Krake" - which is apparently German for "octopus" - but not "Kraken." :-)

Those arms look weirdly familiar to me, but somehow I just can't place 'em...

-- Mark
domino

The arms remind me of the ones from the Grand Zeong but that's from UC 0099 Moon Crisis which is obviously after Unicorn so it's highly unlikely.
AmuroNT1

What the arms remind me of is the Red Puncher from Choriki Sentai Ohranger, better known to children of the 90s as the Red Battlezord from Power Rangers Zeo.

http://supersentai.com/database/1995_oh ... uncher.jpg
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
saneman

The arms remind me something from AOZ, one of the late model Hazel variants.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
J-Lead

toysdream wrote:It's not "Kraken," folks. Could be "Krake" - which is apparently German for "octopus" - but not "Kraken." :-)

Those arms look weirdly familiar to me, but somehow I just can't place 'em...

-- Mark
The arms from that stupid thing kind of look like something from this stupid thing. :)
toysdream

No they aren't. The middle part of the shield, sure, but the arms are totally and completely different. So far nobody has come up with a match, and it's driving me nuts! :-)

-- Mark
J-Lead

toysdream wrote:
No they aren't. The middle part of the shield, sure, but the arms are totally and completely different. So far nobody has come up with a match, and it's driving me nuts! :-)

-- Mark
I just figured they were two variations of the same part/weapon, one mounted as part of the Krake Zulu's arms, while the other is meant to be used like a conventional shield. Neo Zeon seems to have to recycle a lot of equipment as it is, anyway.

Also, you are really fast.
Rawinder

Didn't an operator on the Ra Calium mention at the end of ep. 4 that the remaining Zeons at Torrington had been mopped up? I don't think there's going to be any aftermath to show in ep. 5.
JEFFPIATT

it looks like it got it's bits from G gundam since it has rose bits.
balofo

Ankusha confirmed to have 2x beam sabers as per HGUC model! Thank you Katoki!

According to a chinese site the Krake Zulu model number is YAMS-130, and it uses Zaku III and MSN-01 parts and is a stepgap to the Rozen Zulu. Source must be the IDTC article.
AnimeMun

balofo wrote:Looks like the brand Gundam UC MSV is official:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2264_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9638_n.jpg

that glorious Doven Wolf

Also it looks like the Ankusha doesn't have any melee weapons, perhaps we can expect an Asshimar punch? :D

I would honestly like to know more about the MSV from that second page, namely the rezel types. Any pictures of those in their transformed state? Also my japanese may be a little rusty but that "Shruver Bolt"? Is that supposed to be a more gundam looking variant on the Re-zel?
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!