The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
DuelGundam2099

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread Mk III

^Kira and Setsuna didn't and I don't think Shin got slapped for insubordination as much as it was being a jerk (and even then it was by the Athrun, not the captain). Garrod technically got punched so do with that what you will.
zerogradius

Nagato21 wrote:I just finished watching Ep19
Did Asemu escape the traditional "Teenage Gundam pilot slap" for insubordination?
We have nor seen a Bright slap in over ten years, and I doubt we will be seeing much of it again, if ever. Back in the 80s and 90s, there were also scenes where women were slapped around, and I'm certain we will never see any of that again.

And I doubt that Millais will slap Asem, given who his father is.
reeoyuy

Oh wow, this episode is amazing! The battle has much better choreography than last week. It's more dynamic and better in any aspect. That aside, some interesting stuff
Spoiler
-Adult Decil, still with rape-face and snarky comments
-And Zeheart call him "Nii-san", it's clear now.
-As expected, "three times faster" for Zeydra's debut
-Asemu now longing for X-Rounder power
-Not really important but it's nice to see Baqto still used
2NA Fish

Lolololololol! Asemu gets his slap!
Spoiler
Sexual harrassment from Alisa! I like the character even more now!
Truly epic battle this week. It had all the intensity of a last episode fight and we've only just started. Even had a Super Combo Finish. Didn't see that coming at all.
Spoiler
Inazuma Kiiiiiick!!
Also, the soundtrack suddenly went doof doof. I had flashbacks to Initial D a few times this episode. Incredibly cheesey music selection, but I love cheese. All in all, a really enjoyable episode after a few disappointing ones. Let's hope they keep this up for the rest of the arc.
latenlazy

Did I...just see what I thought I saw in the preview. Oh crap.

Though, it's probably just a simulation.
Destiny_Gundam

Zeheart's mask actually serves a technical purpose rather than hiding his identity from some one who already knows what it is.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
HellCat

DuelGundam2099 wrote:^Kira and Setsuna didn't and I don't think Shin got slapped for insubordination as much as it was being a jerk (and even then it was by the Athrun, not the captain). Garrod technically got punched so do with that what you will.
Setsuna got slapped/punched in the face by both Lockons. Even Saji did it if I recall.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Amion

Spoiler
Ok, well this week's episode more than made up for the supposedly bad debut of the AGE-2. For me, this ep was worth it. Can't wait to watch it with subs so I know what's being said.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
DuelGundam2099

And for some reason the subs in this episode stop existing after the intro. Well, so much for me seeing this today; but by the sound of it I was going to be disappointed.
Spoiler
And seriously? Alisa slapping Asemu's butt? I don't know who I lose respect for most: Asemu, Alisa, or the series itself.
Dwin

DuelGundam2099 wrote:And for some reason the subs in this episode stop existing after the intro. Well, so much for me seeing this today; but by the sound of it I was going to be disappointed.
Spoiler
And seriously? Alisa slapping Asemu's butt? I don't know who I lose respect for most: Asemu, Alisa, or the series itself.
I don't know if you're joking or now, but people who are teammates or comrades do that sort of thing all the time.
DuelGundam2099

I haven't seen the episode yet so I can't tell if it is just a friendly jesture or she's making a move; 2NA Fish's comment made it sound like the latter.

And based on what little I have seen, anyone else think Desil looks, I don't know,
Spoiler
"tired out"?
Homeless

Cooties aren't a terminal illness, 2099. Though you do seem rather allergic to women.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
DuelGundam2099

Though you do seem rather allergic to women.
Wait, what? What gave you that impression?
HellCat

The butt slap was a glorious twist on the Bright trademark.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
ShadowCell

i'm actually quite fond of cooties, personally. they are one of my favorite things in the universe.

anyways that was a pretty intense battle for a first bout that gives Asem some overarching obsession to become an X-Rounder or whatever.

and i kind of hope that we get to meet Arisa's mom because i have a hard time believing she got all that awesome from Dique.
Arbiter GUNDAM

So, Gundam AGE episode 20 and...y'know, I am getting just a little tired with the "The Red MS Goes 3x Faster" schtick.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

*Watches episode with full subs* Eh, nothing outside Heydra (anyone else notice how close it is to being "Hydra"?) was that worth while although at least I finally have a mobile suit from this series I actually kind of like now; although I'm looking forward to Khronos (another Greek mythology reference!). At least the next episode will have AGE-1 Gundam against AGE-2 Gundam.
Wellman

ShadowCell wrote:i'm actually quite fond of cooties, personally. they are one of my favorite things in the universe.

anyways that was a pretty intense battle for a first bout that gives Asem some overarching obsession to become an X-Rounder or whatever.

and i kind of hope that we get to meet Arisa's mom because i have a hard time believing she got all that awesome from Dique.
I think this episode went out of its way to say she gets all that awesome from her mom. If anything I was worried with her comment about the family tradition makes more sense and describes that mama must wear the pants in the house of Dique.

Great episode.
Destiny_Gundam

DuelGundam2099 wrote:*Watches episode with full subs* Eh, nothing outside Heydra (anyone else notice how close it is to being "Hydra"?)
It's Zeydra, actually.

Arisa is great, though me thinks she'll be the person Zeheart kills in order to flip Asemu out.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
MarshalBraginsky

Just by watching EP20, Desil's back and a bit more insane than when he was a kid. When I saw him eat, it's almost like L eating those deserts in Death Note. There are some stuff that I am a bit peeved about. The Red Comet kick in this case was more like, "Red Comet Finishing Move". On top of that, Zeheart couldn't even come close to killing Asem even when the AGE-2 was literally down. Other than that, I wish Asem would have more guts.